Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old April 14th, 2012 (2:45 PM).
tan tan is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 2
    Can you make this game faster because its so slow

    Relevant Advertising!

      #252    
    Old April 22nd, 2012 (7:28 PM).
    tb_dude tb_dude is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2012
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 8
      I am receiving very heavy lag in the first town when I start playing. This lag then follows me to the first and second routes, but disappears upon entering houses and battles. I took your advice and tried re-patching multiple times, but to no avail. Are you addressing this in future patches? By the way, I love the care put into this game thus far. Really quality stuff.
        #253    
      Old April 22nd, 2012 (10:18 PM).
      SkieTheKitsune's Avatar
      SkieTheKitsune SkieTheKitsune is offline
      Please call me FoxMan.
         
        Join Date: Mar 2009
        Location: The World of Dreams
        Age: 26
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 86
        Yeah, I'm going to have to jump onto this bandwagon of people saying that the framerate is extremely slow, as I'm experiencing the same problems! I have no doubt in my mind that this is awesome, though, and I'd love to continue playing it if I weren't experiencing such depressingly slow lag. :C
        __________________
        Come check out my YT Page, if you'd like. In the middle of an Emerald Wingull Solo Run! Check it out.


        Mah Pokes.
          #254    
        Old April 23rd, 2012 (8:16 PM).
        kwando1313 kwando1313 is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 2
          I agree. The lag when I open up the game is pretty unbearable. Hopefully you'll get those issues worked out before the next release.
            #255    
          Old April 24th, 2012 (12:18 AM).
          D. Lawride's Avatar
          D. Lawride D. Lawride is offline
          Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
             
            Join Date: Jul 2009
            Location: Lusolandia
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 578
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FlaafyFTW View Post
            I feel like the biggest noob going but I've installed the game and the patch but the computer cannot open the game, it asks which program to use and none of it works. Anyone got any ideas about what the heck I did? 0.o
            Well that's odd, re you sure you're running the right file to open the game? it's the one with the orange circle, don't forget.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by tan View Post
            Can you make this game faster because its so slow
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by tb_dude View Post
            I am receiving very heavy lag in the first town when I start playing. This lag then follows me to the first and second routes, but disappears upon entering houses and battles. I took your advice and tried re-patching multiple times, but to no avail. Are you addressing this in future patches? By the way, I love the care put into this game thus far. Really quality stuff.
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SkieTheKitsune View Post
            Yeah, I'm going to have to jump onto this bandwagon of people saying that the framerate is extremely slow, as I'm experiencing the same problems! I have no doubt in my mind that this is awesome, though, and I'd love to continue playing it if I weren't experiencing such depressingly slow lag. :C
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by kwando1313 View Post
            I agree. The lag when I open up the game is pretty unbearable. Hopefully you'll get those issues worked out before the next release.
            extremely sorry about the lag reports recently; with the new release of essentials, I'll upgrade my version and zip into beta testing stages to verify if the lag problem has been addressed. For now, unfortunately, there isn't much I can do. D:
            __________________
              #256    
            Old April 28th, 2012 (12:24 PM).
            tb_dude tb_dude is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 8
              I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.
                #257    
              Old April 28th, 2012 (6:59 PM).
              Rai Rai's Avatar
              Rai Rai Rai Rai is offline
              Master of everything!
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 267
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by tb_dude View Post
                I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.
                You do realise desbrina is female not male right?..
                __________________
                  #258    
                Old April 29th, 2012 (7:45 AM).
                monkeyboi's Avatar
                monkeyboi monkeyboi is offline
                Pokemon hack/game player
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Posts: 303
                  well here's hoping that the new version fixes the lag
                  __________________


                  -If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

                  What am I up to currently?
                  Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
                    #259    
                  Old May 5th, 2012 (3:12 AM).
                  SegaDoom's Avatar
                  SegaDoom SegaDoom is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2012
                    Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina - Gradačac
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 14
                    Can someone explain me how do you start this game lol. I downloaded 1.5.3 version and the patch, patched the game and i don't know how to start it...
                    I would post a screenshot but it doesn't allow me cause i don't have 15 posts yet...
                    __________________
                    Beware your thoughts; they become your words.
                    Beware your words; they become your actions.
                    Beware your actions; they become your habits.
                    Beware your habits; they become your nature.
                    Beware your nature; it becomes your destiny.
                      #260    
                    Old May 6th, 2012 (1:25 AM). Edited May 6th, 2012 by FairlyIncognito.
                    FairlyIncognito's Avatar
                    FairlyIncognito FairlyIncognito is offline
                    Veteran Trainer
                       
                      Join Date: May 2010
                      Location: Denmark
                      Age: 28
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 1
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SegaDoom View Post
                      Can someone explain me how do you start this game lol. I downloaded 1.5.3 version and the patch, patched the game and i don't know how to start it...
                      I would post a screenshot but it doesn't allow me cause i don't have 15 posts yet...
                      You have to download the 1.5 (Base) version, then patch that with the 1.5.2 version/patch and THEN patch with the 1.5.3 version.

                      If you're confused on how to do it, just read the read-me files included in the two patches. If you need more help, just ask
                        #261    
                      Old May 6th, 2012 (2:49 AM).
                      SegaDoom's Avatar
                      SegaDoom SegaDoom is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2012
                        Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina - Gradačac
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 14
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by FairlyIncognito View Post
                        You have to download the 1.5 (Base) version, then patch that with the 1.5.2 version/patch and THEN patch with the 1.5.3 version.

                        If you're confused on how to do it, just read the read-me files included in the two patches. If you need more help, just ask
                        Thank you very much, it's working.
                        __________________
                        Beware your thoughts; they become your words.
                        Beware your words; they become your actions.
                        Beware your actions; they become your habits.
                        Beware your habits; they become your nature.
                        Beware your nature; it becomes your destiny.
                          #262    
                        Old May 13th, 2012 (6:07 PM).
                        tb_dude tb_dude is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 8
                          So, how goes the update? What can we expect to see in it?
                            #263    
                          Old May 18th, 2012 (6:27 PM).
                          monkeyboi's Avatar
                          monkeyboi monkeyboi is offline
                          Pokemon hack/game player
                             
                            Join Date: May 2008
                            Posts: 303
                            So I got back to my desktop computer and the game runs, I still have really bad lag at the moment though I've just started.

                            I guess the problem was the laptop wasn't up to running it, even though it handles much more regularly
                            __________________


                            -If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

                            What am I up to currently?
                            Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
                              #264    
                            Old May 19th, 2012 (1:22 PM).
                            Masterreno92 Masterreno92 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1
                              I'm having issues patching properly, I have followed all the steps to patch to 1.5.3, but none of the new content appears and the lag just gets worse and worse as I walk through the game. Could someone post a working game mirror or something? Because I can't even get to the next town in under 3 hours of lag.
                                #265    
                              Old June 1st, 2012 (9:28 PM). Edited June 1st, 2012 by piau9000.
                              piau9000 piau9000 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1
                                I'm having the lag problem too.
                                And the no-sound problem.
                                I've fixed the no-sound issue by runnig it in Win 98 compatibility mode (I'm using Win XP) but the lag becomes worse when I do it.
                                  #266    
                                Old June 2nd, 2012 (9:37 AM).
                                D. Lawride's Avatar
                                D. Lawride D. Lawride is offline
                                Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                                  Location: Lusolandia
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 578
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by tb_dude View Post
                                  I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.
                                  I'll consider it; as long as it works, it'll be fine by me xD

                                  Thanks for the suggestion!

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by FairlyIncognito View Post
                                  You have to download the 1.5 (Base) version, then patch that with the 1.5.2 version/patch and THEN patch with the 1.5.3 version.

                                  If you're confused on how to do it, just read the read-me files included in the two patches. If you need more help, just ask
                                  Thanks for helping clear that up! o/

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by tb_dude View Post
                                  So, how goes the update? What can we expect to see in it?
                                  Dreadfully slow, I'm afraid; with the two latest updates to Essentials, it's gonna take a while to get everything back into motion, especially with college and stuff.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
                                  So I got back to my desktop computer and the game runs, I still have really bad lag at the moment though I've just started.

                                  I guess the problem was the laptop wasn't up to running it, even though it handles much more regularly
                                  Hm, that is still so odd... I'm hoping the new versions of Essentials patched up something I missed.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Masterreno92 View Post
                                  I'm having issues patching properly, I have followed all the steps to patch to 1.5.3, but none of the new content appears and the lag just gets worse and worse as I walk through the game. Could someone post a working game mirror or something? Because I can't even get to the next town in under 3 hours of lag.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by piau9000 View Post
                                  I'm having the lag problem too.
                                  And the no-sound problem.
                                  I've fixed the no-sound issue by runnig it in Win 98 compatibility mode (I'm using Win XP) but the lag becomes worse when I do it.
                                  As I've mentioned, there's no solution that I've found for the lag, so I'm relying on the new Essentials versions to have some sort of change that might have fixed it unintentionally. Also, I'm redesigning (slightly) some locations to see if the lag is lessened.

                                  About the sound, that's very odd. o.O
                                  __________________
                                    #267    
                                  Old June 14th, 2012 (2:34 AM). Edited June 17th, 2012 by kiv_umar.
                                  kiv_umar's Avatar
                                  kiv_umar kiv_umar is offline
                                  Musician
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2006
                                    Location: London, UK
                                    Age: 27
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 70
                                    Hey guys, I'm the musician who done the music for this game.
                                    For those of you with the sound issues, it's because of a mistake you made installing the game. For everything to work you must download ALL of these and follow the instructions below:

                                    Remove the folder from your computer:

                                    First download and unpack this file:
                                    VERSION 1.0 RELEASE (28/12/2010)
                                    Pokémon Nightmare First Release

                                    Then in the following order, download the others and copy over the files to the main folder, ONE AFTER THE OTHER, ONE AT A TIME, DO NOT DO THEM AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE IT WILL MESS IT ALL UP

                                    VERSION 1.5 (BASE) RELEASE (23/09/2011)

                                    VERSION 1.5.2 RELEASE (15/10/2011)


                                    VERSION 1.5.3 RELEASE (25/12/2011)

                                    After that, the sound SHOULD work, Good luck!

                                    P.S: This doesn't fix the lag issue.
                                    __________________

                                    The name's Umar (PREVIOUS NAME: 3DoOrSdOwN)
                                    Meet up with me on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection!
                                    3DS Friend code: 1349-6001-4706
                                    Wii U MiiVerse username: Arar90

                                    -USER OF PRS GUITARS-
                                      #268    
                                    Old June 14th, 2012 (5:03 PM).
                                    Argon14 Argon14 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2011
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 11
                                      Hi, Awesome game! I was just wondering if the lag actually stopped at some point in time in the game? I know you're working on fixing it, but I was just wondering! Thanks!
                                      __________________
                                        #269    
                                      Old June 15th, 2012 (4:38 PM).
                                      D. Lawride's Avatar
                                      D. Lawride D. Lawride is offline
                                      Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2009
                                        Location: Lusolandia
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 578
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by kiv_umar View Post
                                        Hey guys, I'm the musician who done the music for this game.
                                        For those of you with the sound issues, it's because of a mistake you made installing the game. For everything to work you must download ALL of these and follow the instructions below:

                                        Remove the folder from your computer:

                                        First download and unpack this file:
                                        VERSION 1.0 RELEASE (28/12/2010)
                                        Pokémon Nightmare First Release

                                        Then in the following order, download the others and copy over the files to the main folder, ONE AFTER THE OTHER, ONE AT A TIME, DO NOT DO THEM AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE IT WILL MESS IT ALL UP
                                        VERSION 1.3.1 RELEASE (25/03/2011)

                                        VERSION 1.5 (BASE) RELEASE (23/09/2011)

                                        VERSION 1.5.2 RELEASE (15/10/2011)


                                        VERSION 1.5.3 RELEASE (25/12/2011)

                                        After that, the sound SHOULD work, Good luck!

                                        P.S: This doesn't fix the lag issue.
                                        Thanks for the help, just edit out the 1.3.1 because the download is blocked due to bug issues. :D

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Argon14 View Post
                                        Hi, Awesome game! I was just wondering if the lag actually stopped at some point in time in the game? I know you're working on fixing it, but I was just wondering! Thanks!
                                        As far as I'm aware, I've had reports of the lag starting in Victala city and stopping at random. Other more severe cases of lag are in the Gorge Caves, and the lag stops again after exiting. I'm looking into redesigning some maps to see if I can get this issue over with.
                                        __________________
                                          #270    
                                        Old June 16th, 2012 (8:55 AM).
                                        blazerj13's Avatar
                                        blazerj13 blazerj13 is offline
                                        Impossibly Possible~
                                           
                                          Join Date: Aug 2009
                                          Location: STALKER!
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 135
                                          game looks great man! i won't play the demo version tho, ill only play the final release for one of two reasons:
                                          1: once i get going, i dont like to be stopped and anticipation would kill me
                                          2: when playing a beta thats not complete when you come to the end of it, it leaves you with an enormous cliffhanger and wanting to play more, that too kills me.

                                          when it is finished tho i will play it and write a review of it! congratz and keep it up!
                                          __________________
                                          http://gearsteam.webs.com/
                                          enter and join the gears! reviews of hacks done there, credited to the hackers!
                                            #271    
                                          Old June 17th, 2012 (10:16 PM).
                                          kiv_umar's Avatar
                                          kiv_umar kiv_umar is offline
                                          Musician
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2006
                                            Location: London, UK
                                            Age: 27
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 70
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
                                            Thanks for the help, just edit out the 1.3.1 because the download is blocked due to bug issues. :D
                                            Done :D



                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
                                            As far as I'm aware, I've had reports of the lag starting in Victala city and stopping at random. Other more severe cases of lag are in the Gorge Caves, and the lag stops again after exiting. I'm looking into redesigning some maps to see if I can get this issue over with.
                                            The lag happened with me the moment I walked out of the train station in the beginning, left the game pretty much unplayable
                                            __________________

                                            The name's Umar (PREVIOUS NAME: 3DoOrSdOwN)
                                            Meet up with me on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection!
                                            3DS Friend code: 1349-6001-4706
                                            Wii U MiiVerse username: Arar90

                                            -USER OF PRS GUITARS-
                                              #272    
                                            Old June 18th, 2012 (3:06 PM).
                                            D. Lawride's Avatar
                                            D. Lawride D. Lawride is offline
                                            Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2009
                                              Location: Lusolandia
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 578
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by kiv_umar View Post
                                              The lag happened with me the moment I walked out of the train station in the beginning, left the game pretty much unplayable
                                              That's even weirder, because it means it varies. I'm starting to think it's related to the computer being used to play it.
                                              __________________
                                                #273    
                                              Old June 18th, 2012 (5:39 PM).
                                              nexisjoel nexisjoel is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: May 2012
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 1
                                                i cant play it i dont know how to patch it and all that stuff
                                                  #274    
                                                Old June 19th, 2012 (6:26 AM).
                                                Scray Scray is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                                                  Posts: 2
                                                  Hi, I think you can solve the lag issue by using an anti-lag system on your game. Anti lag scripts disable event graphics/animated events, if they are not on the player's screen.
                                                  ht tp://rpgcreative.net/rpgmaker/scripts-18-anti-lag.html.( I ca't post URL)

                                                  I found this because i tried to solve the problem myself but i don't have the game editor, hope it helps.

                                                  I love your game btw
                                                    #275    
                                                  Old June 19th, 2012 (6:58 AM).
                                                  D. Lawride's Avatar
                                                  D. Lawride D. Lawride is offline
                                                  Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Jul 2009
                                                    Location: Lusolandia
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                                    Posts: 578
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by nexisjoel View Post
                                                    i cant play it i dont know how to patch it and all that stuff
                                                    There's a Read Me file included, hopefully it should supply the information you need to patch.

                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Scray View Post
                                                    Hi, I think you can solve the lag issue by using an anti-lag system on your game. Anti lag scripts disable event graphics/animated events, if they are not on the player's screen.
                                                    ht tp://rpgcreative.net/rpgmaker/scripts-18-anti-lag.html.( I ca't post URL)

                                                    I found this because i tried to solve the problem myself but i don't have the game editor, hope it helps.

                                                    I love your game btw
                                                    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm aware of some anti-lag scripts myself. xD

                                                    The problem is whether or not they're compatible with Essentials. That's the main issue here.

                                                    Thanks!
                                                    __________________
                                                    Closed Thread

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:51 PM.