Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old May 5th, 2010 (8:02 PM). Edited May 5th, 2010 by mew².
mew²'s Avatar
mew² mew² is offline
Charity?...
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: 関東地域日本
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 1,227
    Kinda liked it how it was when I first saw it. Just the sprites and the no Fakemon.
    Anyways, I'll still play it cause the amazing story.


    Kinda liked it how it was when I first saw it. Just the sprites and the no Fakemon.
    Anyways, I'll still play it cause the amazing story.
    __________________


    Relevant Advertising!

      #127    
    Old May 11th, 2010 (9:57 PM).
    The Dewitty's Avatar
    The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
    Pixel artist, professional leo
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Location: Netherlands
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 259
      Small update! You might already have seen it on dA, but we have new starters! The actual thread will be updated with the next big update.
      __________________

      ~Ledyba~
        #128    
      Old May 12th, 2010 (9:41 AM).
      Peeky Chew's Avatar
      Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
      Master of Palettes
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Great Britain
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 852
      Wow Dewitty, this has seriously improved ince last time I saw it. The thread looks a lot better now (apart from the logo not fitting, but that's an easy fix). Those snowy areas are great, they seriously look cold, I really like the transparent ice too, it remind me of last winter!

      Since all of the Town/House screens are gone, are you revamping them?

      Those newer sprites are much better now, they match the Poke overworlds too.
      __________________



      Demo Beta out Now!

        #129    
      Old May 12th, 2010 (1:03 PM).
      Cilerba Cilerba is offline
      the hearts of lonely people
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2010
      Location: Massachusetts
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 1,171
      @PeekyChew

      He probably is revamping them, considering the fact that the 5th Generation Characters are much taller, and it would be strange if the character was larger than the door >.<

      Anyways, I really like the game Dew. Although, maybe you should probably resize the sprites of the Pokemon during the message box, since they kind of look stretched out and it just doesn't seem to fit in with everything.
      __________________
        #130    
      Old May 12th, 2010 (5:21 PM).
      Yuoaman's Avatar
      Yuoaman Yuoaman is offline
      Legen- wait for it...
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2005
      Location: Ontario, Canada
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 4,675
      I don't care for the new starters. They seem pretty dull to me. And the fact that all of them start with nearly the same body type is kind of uninspired. :\
      __________________

      Suit Up!
      Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

      "pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

      Haaave you read my LP?
      Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

      What about my [Un]Abridged series?
      Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

      The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter


      83% of this signature is empty space.

      -dary!
        #131    
      Old May 12th, 2010 (5:35 PM).
      val val is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2010
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 3
        hey dewitty i saw the banner for youre game and i want to know, where can i get tiles like those cause i really need them for my upcoming game. If you could provide them that would alright thx
          #132    
        Old May 13th, 2010 (3:23 AM).
        Alucus_Of_Borg's Avatar
        Alucus_Of_Borg Alucus_Of_Borg is offline
        Random tile/map artist
           
          Join Date: Nov 2007
          Posts: 511
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by val View Post
          hey dewitty i saw the banner for youre game and i want to know, where can i get tiles like those cause i really need them for my upcoming game. If you could provide them that would alright thx
          Please if your gunna post stuff like this do it in VM of PM, and at lease add something about the game its self.
          Anyway, Dew the starters them selves look good, however the second evolutions could do with a bit of a buff up, I dunno Its a bit hard to explain, but they just look a bit to weak to be second stage evolutions.
          __________________
            #133    
          Old May 13th, 2010 (3:43 AM).
          The Dewitty's Avatar
          The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
          Pixel artist, professional leo
             
            Join Date: Jul 2009
            Location: Netherlands
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 259
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post
            @PeekyChew

            He probably is revamping them, considering the fact that the 5th Generation Characters are much taller, and it would be strange if the character was larger than the door >.<

            Anyways, I really like the game Dew. Although, maybe you should probably resize the sprites of the Pokemon during the message box, since they kind of look stretched out and it just doesn't seem to fit in with everything.
            The sprited showed when interacting to a Pokémon aren't actually there in-game. I just pasted them in to show off the similarity between the sprites and the overworlds.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
            I don't care for the new starters. They seem pretty dull to me. And the fact that all of them start with nearly the same body type is kind of uninspired. :\
            Well.. okay, thanks for giving your opinion. But I personally like them alot more than the previous ones.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by val View Post
            hey dewitty i saw the banner for youre game and i want to know, where can i get tiles like those cause i really need them for my upcoming game. If you could provide them that would alright thx
            You ain't gonna get em, sorray.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alucus_Of_Borg View Post
            Please if your gunna post stuff like this do it in VM of PM, and at lease add something about the game its self.
            Anyway, Dew the starters them selves look good, however the second evolutions could do with a bit of a buff up, I dunno Its a bit hard to explain, but they just look a bit to weak to be second stage evolutions.
            Weak? XD I don't see what you mean, I personally find them looking equal in strength to all the other 2nd stage starters.
            __________________

            ~Ledyba~
              #134    
            Old May 13th, 2010 (5:04 AM).
            The Cynic's Avatar
            The Cynic The Cynic is offline
            ♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Dec 2008
            Location: Pavonis Mons
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 851
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
            Small update! You might already have seen it on dA, but we have new starters! The actual thread will be updated with the next big update.

            Well it's certainly an improvement. I really like the Fire line, but am less keen on the others. I take it that Water becomes Water/Steel, is the Grass going to be Grass/Psychic eventually?

            I just noticed something about the region map.



            Sorry for being a bain with my almost mechanical rationality but the towns in the bottom left are right next to each other, yet require a huge detour via mountains of all things. I know it's only a game and pokemon makes no sense anyway but is there really a reason for this?

            It's definately getting better with time. Can't wait for a demo!
            __________________

              #135    
            Old May 13th, 2010 (11:47 AM).
            Atomic Reactor's Avatar
            Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
            @atomicreactor
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2007
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 1,967
            Why aren't you listening to Alucus or Yuoaman?
            What's the point in showcasing this if you're not going to listen to suggestions?
            __________________
              #136    
            Old May 13th, 2010 (12:37 PM).
            The Dewitty's Avatar
            The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
            Pixel artist, professional leo
               
              Join Date: Jul 2009
              Location: Netherlands
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 259
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by The Cynic View Post


              Well it's certainly an improvement. I really like the Fire line, but am less keen on the others. I take it that Water becomes Water/Steel, is the Grass going to be Grass/Psychic eventually?

              I just noticed something about the region map.



              Sorry for being a bain with my almost mechanical rationality but the towns in the bottom left are right next to each other, yet require a huge detour via mountains of all things. I know it's only a game and pokemon makes no sense anyway but is there really a reason for this?

              It's definately getting better with time. Can't wait for a demo!
              Nice to know! Yeah... I really don't know why those towns are so close to each other, lol... Well, is it that of a big problem? :3

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
              Why aren't you listening to Alucus or Yuoaman?
              What's the point in showcasing this if you're not going to listen to suggestions?
              Who says I'm not listening to suggestions? Alot of things they mention are fully opinion based, and everyone has a different opinion. I posted the very same sprites at deviantart, where some people even said they especially liked the things Yuoaman and Alucus disliked. So that's no reason for me to change everything completely, see?
              __________________

              ~Ledyba~
                #137    
              Old May 13th, 2010 (1:05 PM).
              The Cynic's Avatar
              The Cynic The Cynic is offline
              ♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2008
              Location: Pavonis Mons
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 851
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
              Nice to know! Yeah... I really don't know why those towns are so close to each other, lol... Well, is it that of a big problem? :3
              No not at all. It just seems like getting a plane to your next door neighbour's house.
              __________________

                #138    
              Old May 13th, 2010 (1:19 PM).
              Lusidea's Avatar
              Lusidea Lusidea is offline
              Lolwut
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2006
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 72
                This game looks brilliant, I love the over worlds of the characters and Pokemon. Can't wait for a demo.
                __________________

                Click the image to be taken to the Pokémon Eternity thread.
                  #139    
                Old May 13th, 2010 (6:42 PM).
                Atomic Reactor's Avatar
                Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
                @atomicreactor
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2007
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 1,967
                Aww, i forgot to take into account the people from dA ;)
                Alrighty, no worries then haha.
                Btw, i love the world map.
                __________________
                  #140    
                Old May 14th, 2010 (11:56 AM).
                The Dewitty's Avatar
                The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
                Pixel artist, professional leo
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                  Location: Netherlands
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 259
                  Update! =D
                  Here is a new video! It features the Nightmare Zone, an important part of the game.


                  Have fun watching!
                  __________________

                  ~Ledyba~
                    #141    
                  Old May 14th, 2010 (12:01 PM).
                  Shun's Avatar
                  Shun Shun is offline
                  Started Project RGSShun
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2008
                    Location: ♪Finale Island♪ with Espeon ♀ and Umbreon ♂
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 264
                    VERY nice, it looks like it is going to turn out... GREAT! Keep it up!
                    __________________
                      #142    
                    Old May 14th, 2010 (12:21 PM).
                    JuStuPro JuStuPro is offline
                       
                      Join Date: May 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 5
                      Wow, this looks unbelievable. I've never seen such a cool video of a Fangame. I can't wait to play it... .
                        #143    
                      Old May 14th, 2010 (2:42 PM).
                      Neo-Dragon's Avatar
                      Neo-Dragon Neo-Dragon is offline
                      Game Developer
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2004
                        Location: Dublin, Ireland
                        Age: 29
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 1,871
                        Really nice to see the game in motion. Makes it look a lot better. Is that the music you'll be using in game? It's from Phantasy Star or Final Fantasy or something right?

                        Looks like this will be fun to play so I'll make sure to add this game to my "want to play" list (I don't actually have one, but I thought you'd like that comment lol).
                        __________________


                        ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
                        Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

                        http://www.calisprojects.com/
                        Like our facebook page and show your support!
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-Projects/326374858787
                          #144    
                        Old May 14th, 2010 (2:53 PM).
                        tImE's Avatar
                        tImE tImE is offline
                        It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2007
                          Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia...
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 685
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
                          Is that the music you'll be using in game? It's from Phantasy Star or Final Fantasy or something right?
                          No, I think it's the twilight-zone music from LoZ: Twilight Princess.

                          Gotta say, I love the video.
                          I always liked Zelda TP's twilight zones, and this reminds me of it.
                          It looks great ;D
                          __________________
                            #145    
                          Old May 14th, 2010 (3:38 PM).
                          Cilerba Cilerba is offline
                          the hearts of lonely people
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2010
                          Location: Massachusetts
                          Age: 20
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 1,171
                          This looks good, however, there is no need to have "Mysterious Being:" in every message. Do it in the first message, and then just take it out for the rest of the messages.
                          __________________
                            #146    
                          Old May 14th, 2010 (4:41 PM).
                          The Dewitty's Avatar
                          The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
                          Pixel artist, professional leo
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2009
                            Location: Netherlands
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 259
                            Lol... I guess posting a vid is a good way to make people leave comments...
                            In Soviet Russia comment leaves you. Now... on to commenting on your... comments.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Shun View Post
                            VERY nice, it looks like it is going to turn out... GREAT! Keep it up!
                            Thanks =D

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by JuStuPro View Post
                            Wow, this looks unbelievable. I've never seen such a cool video of a Fangame. I can't wait to play it... .
                            That's not true, there are way better fangames out there.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
                            Really nice to see the game in motion. Makes it look a lot better. Is that the music you'll be using in game? It's from Phantasy Star or Final Fantasy or something right?

                            Looks like this will be fun to play so I'll make sure to add this game to my "want to play" list (I don't actually have one, but I thought you'd like that comment lol).
                            It's the Twilight Zone music from the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. And yeah, I liked that comment lol.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by tImE View Post
                            No, I think it's the twilight-zone music from LoZ: Twilight Princess.

                            Gotta say, I love the video.
                            I always liked Zelda TP's twilight zones, and this reminds me of it.
                            It looks great ;D
                            It's mainly based on it, yesh. And thanks a ton!

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post
                            This looks good, however, there is no need to have "Mysterious Being:" in every message. Do it in the first message, and then just take it out for the rest of the messages.
                            That's what I used to think, but the official games do the exact same thing, yanno? :/ Thanks for the compliment btw!
                            __________________

                            ~Ledyba~
                              #147    
                            Old May 14th, 2010 (5:54 PM).
                            Cilerba Cilerba is offline
                            the hearts of lonely people
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2010
                            Location: Massachusetts
                            Age: 20
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 1,171
                            No problem for the compliment, and I just realized, there is some ... discoloration in the grass in the screenshot on your sig :\
                            __________________
                              #148    
                            Old May 14th, 2010 (7:01 PM).
                            Atomic Reactor's Avatar
                            Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
                            @atomicreactor
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2007
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 1,967
                            Quote:
                            That's what I used to think, but the official games do the exact same thing, yanno?
                            DEW! I thought we had this talk already XD
                            Just cause the officials do it, doesn't mean you have to.
                            Why not improve on it if you can? (like the 5th gen ow's)
                            I saw do what Cilebra suggested, itll look better.
                            :P
                            __________________
                              #149    
                            Old May 14th, 2010 (11:59 PM).
                            The Dewitty's Avatar
                            The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
                            Pixel artist, professional leo
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2009
                              Location: Netherlands
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 259
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post
                              No problem for the compliment, and I just realized, there is some ... discoloration in the grass in the screenshot on your sig :\
                              Ooh, meh. you're right, I'll fix it.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
                              DEW! I thought we had this talk already XD
                              Just cause the officials do it, doesn't mean you have to.
                              Why not improve on it if you can? (like the 5th gen ow's)
                              I saw do what Cilebra suggested, itll look better.
                              Okay! Okay! XD I'll change it.
                              __________________

                              ~Ledyba~
                                #150    
                              Old May 15th, 2010 (6:21 PM).
                              KaiVii's Avatar
                              KaiVii KaiVii is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2010
                                Location: USA
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 103
                                Hey its Tigers-Shadow from DA, sorry I haven't gotten back to you about plot stuff but ive been sick all week, missed school and everything. Is there anything more info wise that you have for the plot? or anywhere you want me to look at specifically like events in game vs mythology. I totally have myth inspartaion for this xD
                                __________________



                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

                                Closed Thread
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:56 AM.