• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Rock Capsule: HG/SS Unknown Object

Darkfalz

A.K.A "The Bang-Shuhbang"
    Years
    For those of you that have heard of this... There is an awkward event that takes place through a specific code on the Action Replay. Note: This is not a hack, this is data that Nintendo left in the game. When you activate this event, you can go inside a PokeMart and receive a mysterious item called the Rock Capsule... Although it doesn't seem to do anything at all... This has stirred the thoughts of many to be a connection to a future event, possibly a fifth generation Pokemon Event that was scrapped? Or maybe just a leftover idea for a legendary event that was scrapped? It's all very mysterious, but if you know anything about this, post here... I also want to hear your theories. I would advise to Google this subject if you want the code to see for yourself, or learn more about it.

Happy foruming
    Darkfalz

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Hmm... That's odd... My AR broke, so I don't have one anymore. That's really weird. Are you sure it doesn't do anything? Maybe it does do something with a fifth generation Pokémon, but if it did, you'd think that the Rock Capsule wouldn't only be able to be obtained by an AR... *Goes to google the rock capsule*

Last edited:

Darkfalz

A.K.A "The Bang-Shuhbang"
    Years
    Hm. Remember Nintendo included this data in their game... So what could it be? A company such as Nintendo would not leave data in there unwanted, would they? Only if the programmers were just a bit too lazy and couldn't delete at least some of it, but they included the entire item!

Urhungry

Lover of Leavanny
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    well, they did put in the ? type arceus, so idk if they just like confusing cheaters or whatever.

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    Go see proffesour oak, iv heard something about a Groudon event (im not 100% sure though, i dont even have the game)

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    If anything, it was probably leftover code for an abandoned project. Remember, in the original G/S they had the Safari Zone. In R/S/E they had a remixed version of the Legendary Beast/Cat/Dog/Gerbil (for those of you who can't make up their mind) music. In Pt there was a remixed version of the R/S/E opening theme. So, in all likelihood, it's most likely leftover data from an unused event.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    As others said it's just data from event GameFreak wanted to put into game but they did not. I think it could have had something to do with legendary golems if it was in game.

well, they did put in the ? type arceus, so idk if they just like confusing cheaters or whatever.
    ??? Arceus is for stabilizing the game 'cause if someone happened to hack the game and he/she encountered glitch Arceus without data for it in game it'd do huge damage to game.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I heard the capsule has something to do with Team Rocket...maybe the capsule had some purpose during the Radio Tower incident? Or maybe it had some use during the Celebi event? Perhaps the capsule would open after defeating Giovanni and reveal some item, like the Enigma Crystal? Nintendo could have just tossed the whole capsule idea since it would involve getting the event Celebi anyways.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The Rock Capsule is an item abandoned in the game, meant to do an event that was never completed and locked for all eternity. I got the Magma Stone and the Red Chain in Pearl using AR, it's like those items.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    You'd be surprised how much unused stuff there is in the games.

For example, did you know that Dewford City's tileset in Emerald has a Battle Tower and a Fire-red style tree and port that's never used?

Last edited:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    When I was using GameShark in RSE I got a weird Pokeball (It might have been the cherish ball since I hadn't heard of it then) that acted like the Master Ball, but whenever the Pokemon I caught went to the PC, it turned bad egg.

So, unused Pokeball could possibly relate to the terms of unused rock capsule on the terms of LAZY NINTENDO.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    If anything, it was probably leftover code for an abandoned project. Remember, in the original G/S they had the Safari Zone. In R/S/E they had a remixed version of the Legendary Beast/Cat/Dog/Gerbil (for those of you who can't make up their mind) music. In Pt there was a remixed version of the R/S/E opening theme. So, in all likelihood, it's most likely leftover data from an unused event.

I agree with this entirely. It's just another scrapped idea that does not have any real chance of existing in the game legitimately.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    It doesn't do anything and it will never do anything.

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    rock capsule? or lock capsule. because lock capsule will be used in the 5 gen pokemon, for the event of Zorua.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Argh! Gen 5.....I still havn't even played Gen 4 (I only have HG and SS)

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    This a guess thats far out there but is fun to think about. What if this lock capsule is needed to be taken to a space station (in V Gen) where when you get it back will hold a deoxys egg. since this egg would normally hatch in space it needs a space like environment to hatch, so this capsule simulates that. Just something to think about (probably not true)

Last edited:

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    This a guess thats far out there but is fun to think about. What if this lock capsule is needed to be taken to a space station (in V Gen) where when you get it back will hold a deoxys egg. since this egg would normally hatch in space it needs a space like environment to hatch, so this capsule simulates that. Just something to think about (probably not true)

yep its not true. The lock capsule is an item you trade to the fifth generation game that gives you a pokemon named Zorua .

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
    Argh! Gen 5.....I still havn't even played Gen 4 (I only have HG and SS)

Arn't HG and SS part of Gen 4? o.O;

About that item, not much I can really add that hasn't been said, but I wonder why they leave
    this stuff in the games...? Can't be THAT hard to ditch em and take 'em out right?

Back