• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Breeding Challenge

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Welcome to the HeartGold & SoulSilver Breeding Challenge

Introduction

There are many types of challenges available, but from my knowledge, a breeding challenge for HGSS doesn't exist! If you love to breed wacky Pokemon and if you're IV-obsessed, take part! Anyone can play! Feel free to make a Breeding Challenge thread in other Pokemon Generation forums.

Rules

1) You must follow the exact details of the Pokemon of the Week at the bottom of the thread
    2) You must provide an image of your Pokemon's main screen where it states the date hatched, nature, OT, etc. You must also take an image of the Pokemon's attacks, as to match them with the Pokemon of the Week's specifications
    3) You must provide an image of your Pokemon's IVs using Veekun's IV Calculator
    4) You must provide an image of your Trainer Card as to match OTs with the hatchling
    5) If you're using an emulator, use PRNT SCRN to take images; if you're using a DS, use a camera or take a snapshot with a webcam / another photo device
    6) No cheating (hacks, cheating devices, AR, RNG, etc.)
    7) Pokemon with matching characteristics traded in from another game are non-valid. All Pokemon must be hatched by you and bred in HGSS.
    8) You may use Everstones, EV-training items, etc. to pass down natures, IVs, etc.
    9) Any value in the specifications marked with a X are wildcard and don't matter; it can be anything, or yes or no (i.e. a Shiny: X means it doesn't matter if it's Shiny or non-Shiny)
    10) You may trade in Pokémon, such as Bidoof, to breed babies from different generations. The OT on the parents don't need to be the same, but it must be the same on the hatchling.
    11) You may trade in items unavailable in HGSS from other games, such as Platinum

Pokémon of the Week (April 26th to May 3rd)

025-f.png

Shiny: X
    Nickname: Saffron
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Static
    Held Item: Thunderstone
    Moves: Nasty Plot; Tickle; X; X
    IVs: X / X / 20+ / 20+ / 15+ / 15+
    Pokéathlon Stats: X
    PokéBox Marking: X
    Hatch Place: Celadon City
    Shiny Leaf: Zero

Winners

Winners will be placed in Spoilers, unless there is no winner. Then a X will be present.

Spoiler:

Related Threads

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • This is confusing. What do we just have to breed the Pokemon or do we have to use it as a team to beat the game? I read the rules twice and you seem to just be on about only breeding which isn't much of a challenge for people to do

Dempa

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • This is confusing. What do we just have to breed the Pokemon or do we have to use it as a team to beat the game? I read the rules twice and you seem to just be on about only breeding which isn't much of a challenge for people to do

I believe this is a challenge to see who can breed the best pokemon, following the specified requirements.
    There is no need to complete the game with it; it's purely for those who enjoy breeding.
    Correct me if I am wrong though OP. :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I believe this is a challenge to see who can breed the best pokemon, following the specified requirements.
    There is no need to complete the game with it; it's purely for those who enjoy breeding.
    Correct me if I am wrong though OP. :)

Correct! It can be called a Side-Quest, if you want, and are bored after beating the game / just love to breed.

Dempa

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • This is a great idea by the way.
    I would participate but I am currently trying to complete Heart Gold first.
    Also, have no breeding supplies, like Ditto's of every nature and such :P
    Anyway, I'd love to have a go at this in the future if it's still going :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Yup, I change Pokemon every Monday, and it'll always be around, whether people participate or not!

Tough ones, easy ones... if you show proof you've completed it, your name gets put in the first thread for that week :)

I don't expect many participants, but it should be fun to see who can complete it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • It's a new week! Let's say hello to this week's Breeding Challenge Pokemon: Slowpoke!

Hopefully someone will be able to breed a fantastic Pokemon this week. The Ability + Nature are perfect for competitive competition according to Smogon, too.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Sorry this should be in the trade section

Negative Nancy?

This is a HG/SS challenge, and I do like to see the HG/SS community do things like this. Hell, i might even start doing it. The Trade Section is for "Trading" not Community Events such as this :D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Sorry this should be in the trade section

:s Uhm, this is a challenge, a "breeding side-quest" for people who have completed the game and want something amusing to do. The Pokemon changes every week.

It's not a trade thread - it doesn't even look like a trade thread, especially if you read the introduction. Huh.

[Edit]

Thanks hydro. I really don't know how one could see this as a "trade" thread >>

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, thebest - this is far from a trade thread - check the first post some more if you're still confused. They're certainly not trading anything here...

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • okay, i'm still confused here hehe. I dont really understand what we are supposed to do if we want to do this breeding challenge. Like when you put up a different pokemon every monday, do we just get that pokemon and breed them with another pokemon to try and get the best results? and this is to see who can get the best breeding results? Sorry for so many questions its just that the whole breeding challenge is new to me.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Yep, you just breed'em. Doesn't get simpler than that :P

You breed to try to get EXACTLY the same Pokemon as I listed in the first post.

Everyone who gets that Pokemon in within the time limit (one week) will get placed in the first post, as long as they show the right proof (as stated in the first post).

It's just for fun :P a Side-Quest.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • Yep, you just breed'em. Doesn't get simpler than that :P

You breed to try to get EXACTLY the same Pokemon as I listed in the first post.

Everyone who gets that Pokemon in within the time limit (one week) will get placed in the first post, as long as they show the right proof (as stated in the first post).

It's just for fun :P a Side-Quest.

and it has to be holding the same exact items?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • and it has to be holding the same exact items?

Yep; you can import items if you don't have it in HGSS from D/P/Pt, but it has to be holding it.

Remember, it just has to hold it for a screenshot / a camera photo :P then you can take it off lol I just need you to show proof it actually held whatever item it is (in this case, the berry).

Back