• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KAWAII! :3

Years
  • Do you use that phrase, or do you say cute? What's your definition of cute?

I used to, but eventually my best friend kicked my ass so yeah, haven't said it in a few months, sorry for typo.

Last edited:

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I Say Kawaii When I'm On My Own, But If My Friends Are With Me I Say "Cute" Because....They Think I'm A Freak And I'll Be More Freakier If I Start Saying Japanese Stuffs....Apparently.
    Hmmmm My Definition Would Be....Whatever Is Nice And Welcoming, Can Be Kaw-I Mean Cute! XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kawaii? Hell, I rarely even use the word "cute". I'm far too manly for that. XD

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nope, Just use the word cute. I like that word I call my cat cute all the time ;3
    I think I just prefer the word cute to Kawaii I guess.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No because unlike 90% of the internet I don't think saying Japanese words in Englishs sentances makes me seem more cultural or cool.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...Two years ago yesterday I signed up as "Kawaii" on an alt, which became my main for a while until I got a username change. Other than that... no.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No because unlike 90% of the internet I don't think saying Japanese words in Englishs sentances makes me seem more cultural or cool.
    This.

Cute is anything aesthetically pleasing in a somewhat childlike manner and/or sufficiently deformed from a realistic state to appear as such (like a stuffed bear as opposed to a real one).

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • The only reason why I would say "kawaii" is if I had a reason to say it in my Japanese class. Otherwise, I would say adorable mostly, but I don't like to overuse words like that. I find dogs or canines in general to be cute (well, depending on what kind they are).

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • No, cute is enough for me. Most of my friends don't even know what that means. The ones that do would probably tell me to shut up.

I'm not that into using Japanese words in my daily life. Sure, maybe when I see a cute puppy or penguin, but that would probably be it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Never use 'kawaii' Sorry. Use cute all the time though. ; )

As for what is cute... that really isn't answerable, is it?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used "kawaii" when I was... about 12? I haven't since. I think it looks really, really awkward to have random Japanese in a sentence. :( I'm so glad I grew out of doing that very early on, even if the rest of my weeaboo phase took half a decade to clear out.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I use cute. Used to use "kawaii", but it made me look like a Japanese wannabe. Though now I randomly mutter "araa" and "kana kana"; influenced by Higurashi here. Maybe if I take the language in college someday I can use it the right way. Like, in an actual Japanese sentence and not mixed in with English words.

And I find strange things to be cute. Kind of like Rena from Higurashi (although I don't think Kenta-kun deserves the "cute" title in my book).

Natsu from Fairy Tail? Cute. And hot; pun not intended.

...And I can't think of anything else at the moment that I consider cute.

Back