• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alone In the Darkness~~

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • This is...Alone In the Darkness

A story about this young rabbit named Kayla and she is alone...she has barely any friends and her best friend betrayed her and she won't tell Kayla why. Kayla gets all angry and starts failing in school. She asks many people for help but most of them aren't help.

Chapter 1

Today was another dreadful day for Kayla Yukezme. The sky was gray and it was raining hardly. The thunder outside Kayla's small little cottage was harsh. Kayla stared out the window and her reflection wasn't the same. Her reflection was the opposite of her lonely self. She had blonde hair instead of black hair with red streaks. She had tan fur instead of pale. she looked happy instead of dreaful and depressed. She wore a green summer dress instead of a black tanktop with a black wristband and she wore shorts and brown sandals. The reflection had a huge smile on her face, like something amazing had happen.

Kayla walked away from the window and sat on her black leather couch. She turned on the TV and saw the news was that this middle aged fox hunter was out. His name was Runo and he was dressed with a black torn cape and matching cow boy boots. He had a black cow boy hat. He had this red scar under his deep red evil eyes. He was out, hunting for jewels and strong figures for minions at his dreadful castle. 'what's the big deal with hunters these days? People act like they're a big deal today....when all they are is evil people looking for certain items. The only dangerous one was Frinzky Manzent. He was evil his whole life and had started hunting once his parents died, which was when...he was 2 years old.' she thought to herself. She then scoffed and turned off the TV.

She walked up the old riggedy stairs and went to her room. It was very old and torn up. She lay on her bed and stare at the red ceiling. The red was blood. There was once a murder in her bedroom...and her parents were killed right in her bedroom by Frinzky Mazent. She got up and then she got a book on the most dangerous hunters and murderers. Frinzky Mazent was in there. So was Runo. "Of course Runo would be in there...everyone thinks he's so tough...and he's not. I would know.." She said to herself.

She then put the book down and walked downstairs. She walked in the kitchen and got some orange juice. There was then a sound from outside her front door. She opened it and saw Runo.
    "You're coming with me, alright, darling?" He said. His voice was gruff and deep. Kayla had the same expression. Depressed and lonely. She shrugged her shoulders. "Alright, whatev." She was dragged outside and then Runo teleported to his dreaded castle. Then after that everything turned black.

Chapter 2

When she awoke, everything was different. She was in a room with all these potions and chemicals. Runo chuckled and then grabbed a needle. He stroked Kayla's neck with his other hand.
    "It will be alright, Kayla...all I have to do is some testing. I need to see if you're good enough to be my minion...most are not...but from your dazzling disguise, you seem strong," he murmured and then injected the needle in Kayla. There was a slight pain for a moment and then it went away. Kayla's eyes drooped. She saw faint blood in the needle.
    "W...why did you take my blood...? That...doesn't tell you anythin.." She growled, her words slurred. Then her eyes closed completely and everything went black again, this time for a while. Runo was still awake. He put the needle on a DNA scanner and saw amazing results...Kayla was an unfinished project. That's why she had been so rejected by everyone. She was different from all the others. That's why everyone shunned her.

Kayla then woke up and she was in another different room. She was in a room that looked bright and comfortable. She looked down. She was in a black and red sheet colored bed. Runo was in the room with her, watching Kayla's every move. He took a lock of her hair. The scent amazed him, somehow.
    "So you're finally awake, darling," he said. He smiled evilly, a fang showing. Kayla had an angry expression on her face.
    "What did you get from my blood?!" She growled. Runo laughed evilly.
    "So you were awake...hm. All I got was that you were an unexpected, unfinished project. That's why you were so rejected and shunned by others. You were different from others," he told her, a evil smile still on his face. Kayla growled faintly.
    "No! I know I wasn't an unfinished project! If I was, I woudnt have actual parents!" She yelled at Runo. Runo laughed.
    "Control your anger...because the more you get angry, you'll get shocked. Come, Kayla...join me. You won't be so rejected and different! You'll be famous! You'll be known as a tough rabbit, not the dreadful, lone rabbit!" He suggested to her. He tipped his hat. "So what is it, darling? Shall you join me and be known as a tough rabbit...or not and be rejected and shunned for being different?" Kayla put her hand on her chin, thinking. "Hmmm....I'll have to say...
    Chapter 3

"No!" She yelled. Runo growled. "No, eh?" "atleast I have a backup plan..." he said to himself quietly so Kayla couldn't hear. Runo tipped his hat in respect and bowed. "I'll be right back, my fair maiden." He then walked off and everything was quiet.

Then that was when the action happened. The top window shattered and out came a strange gray colored wolf with many injuries. It didn't look very healthy. It was a bare gray wolf with a bejewled sharp bladed sword, which looked as if from the middle ages. The wolf smiled in amusement.
    "So...you finally decided to come and join, Runo, eh, Kayla? The names Roxin. Roxin Futase," he said and then Runo started to walk back. Runo looked disgusted.
    "Kayla...you dare talk to this...monster...?!" He growled at her. Kayla looked dry.
    "Grrr...no! Roxin is not a monster!" She yelled. Runo ignored her rude comment and then put this machine, strange looking and then everything turned black.

Then when she woke up she was in the Maple Woods with Roxin. Roxin kissed her. Kayla blushed.
    "Erm...t-thank you...Roxin...I am alright..urg...w-what happened?" She asked him weakly. Roxin looked concerned.
    "Runo put this machine on you and then you knocked out. I stabbed Runo and possibly killed him. I kncoked him out. I don't know if he's still alive and if he is, I know he's after us, so we must take uou to a care center immediately and then rush off before Runo finds us," he said concerned still. The gray wolf then stood and grabbed Kayla by the arm and put her arm around Roxin's shoulder. She limped, her right leg injured.
    'I...is Runo still after us...? Will I die in the process? Will I confess to Roxin my secret..?' she thought to herself. And then that was the last thought before she had the ultimate encounter with a familar fellow...

Chapter 4

Kayla and Roxin walked to the care center and Kanata's fur was pale and she looked more weak than before. Kayla slumped to the ground, moaning in pain. Roxin looked pale as well, not from weakness but from concern.
    "Kayla...Kayla, wake up!" He said, worried. After a while, Roxin gave up and grabbed Kayla and dragged her to the care center. They walked in and then everyone stared at them with large beady eyes.

The nurse walked up to them quickly, her eyes filled with concern.
    "What happened? Is the rabbit alright?" She asked Roxin. The large grey wolf didn't answer, for he was not sure.
    "I am not sure, Nurse..." Roxin began
    "Nurse Holly," she told him.
    "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, Nurse Holly. I found Kayla, the rabbit, in a dark and dreary castle, with that new hunter, Runo. I knocked Runo out and then I escaped with Kayla before he could do more harm to her. When we were walking in the forest, as I was walking here, she fainted. Can you check why and see if she is alright, Nurse Holly?" The grey wolf's eyes brightened and were still filled with concern. Nurse Holly nodded and then grabbed Kayla by the arm and let her droop on Holly's shoulder. She walked to a white door with large red letters saying, "CHECK-UP ROOM DO NOT ENTER FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY" and then she walked in. Roxin walked over to the waiting room and waited.

After a while, Holly came back out and her expression was happy.
    "Your friend Kayla is fine. She is just weak from dehydration and lack of food," she told Roxin. Roxin smiled, his eyes shimmering. Kayla was awake and she looked much better.
    "Did you nurse her back to health, Holly?" Roxin asked her. Holly nodded and then walked over to the reception desk, waiting for others to come. Kayla and Roxin walked out, quiet. When they were out, Roxin looked concerned.
    "Kayla...d-dont scare me like that. You worried me deeply...." He said, his voice filled with grief. "But it is mainly my fault. I was too worried about getting you away from Runo and wasn't thinking about your health." Kayla smiled.
    "I..it's fine. Can we go to the meadow?" She asked Roxin. The grey wolf nodded and they walked off, not expecting what was next...

They both lay in the meadow. Kayla then turn to her stomach, her head turned to Roxin, who was staring into space.
    "Roxin...I...I have something to confess," she said quietly. Roxin's ears perked up. He turned to speak to Kayla.
    "Hm? Oh. Okay. What is it, Kayla?" He asked her. The pale furred rabbit's expression was serious.
    "I...I love you," she said. Roxin smiled.
    "I...I do too," he said and then they kissed. Then there was a groan of disgust. They stopped abruptly and turned to see who it was.
    It was Runo.

Chapter 5

Back