Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old December 30th, 2010 (8:25 AM).
aquakip's Avatar
aquakip aquakip is offline
Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 192
    SO MANY DEMOS ARE COMING OUT!

    I'm excited for it! I've been watching for the past couple of months and it's really interesting me. Too bad I won't be able to play it for a couple of days.
    __________________





    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #202    
    Old December 30th, 2010 (9:06 AM).
    ishiro ishiro is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Posts: 6
      coooooooooool ! can't wait :D
      Reply With Quote
        #203    
      Old December 30th, 2010 (4:02 PM).
      ~Turtwig~'s Avatar
      ~Turtwig~ ~Turtwig~ is offline
      Hello Peoplez
         
        Join Date: Dec 2010
        Location: New Zealand
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 5
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
        Hey PC , I was on a break in the last weeks but now we are back. We are releasing the demo tomorrow! Cya!
        Tomorrow omfg I can't wait (seriously I can't) Well Thats great congratz to you and your team members thats one step closer to finishing a game.
        __________________
        MY GAME:




        GAMES I SUPPORT:
        Spoiler:






        Others I support may not have support banners or I can't find them!
        Reply With Quote
          #204    
        Old December 31st, 2010 (10:30 AM).
        ~JV~'s Avatar
        ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
        Dev of Pokémon Uranium
           
          Join Date: Aug 2007
          Location: Rio de Janeiro
          Age: 23
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 715
          Well, once again, as promised I, Zephyr and all people that made it possible bring you all a demo! And what a demo, I'm pretty sure it's one of the best this community has ever seen! (let me promote my job a little ^^).
          The game goes till the third gym and some important events after that, it's much longer than the BETA 1.0.

          So, some recommendations:

          -Don't copy, steal, anything that is property/exclusive to the project.
          -Relate all bugs you find (the game is pretty polished though). We didn't find any major bugs during testing, but you never know right.
          -If you have any problem to advance in the game, please post here and I will do my best to solve your problem!
          -HAVE FUN, that is the most important part, and enjoy all the game has to offer you!

          Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zpv5nhv98aw3b8f

          PLAY THE GAME AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

          ~Uranium Team~
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #205    
          Old December 31st, 2010 (11:53 AM).
          champagnepapi's Avatar
          champagnepapi champagnepapi is offline
          exile
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2010
          Location: new england
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 1,796
          Congrats on the newest demo, JV.
          The beta I tested was highly enjoyable, and with most of the glitches fixed, this is certainly going to be full of great content.
          Time to take down Tandor!
          __________________

          paired to kaori & vrai
          Reply With Quote
            #206    
          Old December 31st, 2010 (12:18 PM).
          Karel_Kazuki's Avatar
          Karel_Kazuki Karel_Kazuki is offline
          Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
             
            Join Date: Feb 2008
            Location: U.s.a.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 375
            I'm currently playing it and enjoying it.The one thing that bugged me a little was the lack of life in the town and beginning of the first route.There wasnt anyone standing on the southern part of the town and no one was moving.Other than that,it seems good.Im on the second battle against the bug catcher.
            __________________
            Yes,I am Karel Kazuki or Kareru.
            Im an all around guy who does everything,from play sports to trying to learn to design games.

            I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

            contact me here or at [email protected].

            Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

            http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_BN/index.php?act=idx
            Reply With Quote
              #207    
            Old December 31st, 2010 (1:19 PM).
            Blue's Avatar
            Blue Blue is offline
            dorks
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: United Kingdom
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 19,920
            Just gonna download it now, didn't even realise it was released today!
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #208    
            Old December 31st, 2010 (2:49 PM).
            Infinipede's Avatar
            Infinipede Infinipede is offline
            negima ruined my life
               
              Join Date: Aug 2006
              Location: Upstate NY
              Age: 24
              Gender: Other
              Nature: Rash
              Posts: 138
              Excellent job JV and Zephyr! Stopping in here to say that, plus once I get a break from Hieros Gamos spritework, I will try out the demo. This is shaping up to be an awesome game.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #209    
              Old December 31st, 2010 (7:06 PM).
              ~JV~'s Avatar
              ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
              Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2007
                Location: Rio de Janeiro
                Age: 23
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 715
                Thnak, thank you all for the comments, enjoy the demo ^^. Since here in Brazil we are already in 2011, I wish you all a happy new year, and lots of success with your games, lifes etc!
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #210    
                Old December 31st, 2010 (8:36 PM).
                flamemaster's Avatar
                flamemaster flamemaster is offline
                No school like the old school
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                  Location: MI
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Impish
                  Posts: 196
                  jv do you have a download for this thats not in rar, i dont have rar.
                  __________________
                  Kickin it, old school
                  Grass - Fire - Water
                  Who will you choose?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #211    
                  Old December 31st, 2010 (9:40 PM).
                  Involuntary Twitch's Avatar
                  Involuntary Twitch Involuntary Twitch is offline
                  Oripoke
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2005
                  Location: USA
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Sassy
                  Posts: 657
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by flamemaster View Post
                  jv do you have a download for this thats not in rar, i dont have rar.
                  You can download Winrar for free, easily, right here. It'll come in handy for the future, too.

                  Oh, and as a note to downloaders: try not to directly spoil the events of the game in the thread! Use spoiler tags, at the very least.
                  Also, graphics-wise, not all Pokemon have gotten the full revamp yet; a couple still have old backsprites especially. It shouldn't hurt your enjoyment of the game, though! Have fun!
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #212    
                  Old December 31st, 2010 (10:41 PM). Edited December 31st, 2010 by Logiedan.
                  Logiedan's Avatar
                  Logiedan Logiedan is offline
                  highly-functioning sociopath
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                    Location: yoshi's story
                    Age: 3
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 2,936
                    A (minor?) bug I recently found is during the night time when you're changing resolutions, once exiting the option menu it turns to the day time. It doesn't affect gameplay or anything, but just giving you a heads up about it. I never tried it for the day time though.

                    Graphics-wise, there's an error(?) of two leftover white pixels on the battle bar thing. It's easily seen here on the bottom left and right corners.


                    Overall i'm enjoying the demo so far, i'll edit this or post again if anything comes up.

                    Edit 1:
                    This trainer(I think the name is youngster Tath or w/e) has two Pokémon but when you win, her speech implies she only had one.

                    I think it should be "Ah, they're not as strong as I had hoped..."
                    YES MY CAT'S NAME IS HAROUN. <3


                    Positioning on that trainer is awkward, it's like he's right at the edge and partially floating on the water..?
                    __________________


                    pair: Sheep
                    Reply With Quote
                      #213    
                    Old January 1st, 2011 (2:23 AM).
                    cazzler's Avatar
                    cazzler cazzler is offline
                    Feraligatr FtW!
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                      Location: Silver Mountain
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 504
                      Congrats on the release, I'm downloading it right now and can't wait to play it!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #214    
                      Old January 1st, 2011 (5:37 AM).
                      ~JV~'s Avatar
                      ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                      Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                        Location: Rio de Janeiro
                        Age: 23
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 715
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by flamemaster View Post
                        jv do you have a download for this thats not in rar, i dont have rar.
                        The beta version I just released (2.0) is on a .zip... However you might be trying to download 1.0 by mistake, that is on a .rar.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
                        A (minor?) bug I recently found is during the night time when you're changing resolutions, once exiting the option menu it turns to the day time. It doesn't affect gameplay or anything, but just giving you a heads up about it. I never tried it for the day time though.

                        Graphics-wise, there's an error(?) of two leftover white pixels on the battle bar thing. It's easily seen here on the bottom left and right corners.


                        Overall i'm enjoying the demo so far, i'll edit this or post again if anything comes up.

                        Edit 1:
                        This trainer(I think the name is youngster Tath or w/e) has two Pokémon but when you win, her speech implies she only had one.

                        I think it should be "Ah, they're not as strong as I had hoped..."
                        YES MY CAT'S NAME IS HAROUN. <3


                        Positioning on that trainer is awkward, it's like he's right at the edge and partially floating on the water..?
                        1- That resolution bug is something I really have no idea on how to fix... Sory about that, but it's a REALLY minor thing that doesn't break the game and only happens when you're with the menu open when you change the res xD.
                        2- Oh thanks for noticing that, will fix it right now ^^.
                        3- Actually, before the battle, she says: "Oh! Hey! I just got a new Pokemon and I want to see how it fares!", so the "it" is a reference to the new pokémon in her party.

                        Btw, cool name for an Orchynx. Thanks for doing that kind of report, it really helps me out :].
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #215    
                        Old January 1st, 2011 (4:42 PM).
                        Involuntary Twitch's Avatar
                        Involuntary Twitch Involuntary Twitch is offline
                        Oripoke
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2005
                        Location: USA
                        Age: 23
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Sassy
                        Posts: 657
                        Note to everyone playing the beta 2.0: Don't attempt the in-game trade in Moki. It crashes the game.

                        We'll have this fixed, among other things, in beta 2.1 which will be in a week or so.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #216    
                        Old January 1st, 2011 (6:08 PM).
                        draco256's Avatar
                        draco256 draco256 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2011
                          Posts: 14
                          wow this game look really nice
                          Reply With Quote
                            #217    
                          Old January 1st, 2011 (6:36 PM). Edited January 1st, 2011 by aquakip.
                          aquakip's Avatar
                          aquakip aquakip is offline
                          Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2008
                            Location: United States
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 192
                            I'll be editing this post with things I find along the way.

                            --So far, there are some grammar issues here and there that you should check up on. Re-read and change.

                            EDIT:
                            --I feel as if you get the running shoes too early on. Usually, in the canon, you get them later in the game and not right at the beginning.
                            --You have an ocean BGM playing when you're near a pond.
                            --Sometimes in a battle, the wild pokemon seems more like its floating, rather than being in the BG. Like, for example, a battle against Mankey, the Mankey is directly in front of a tree, rather than below it.
                            --The item pokeballs found in the wild, some of them are 'in the tall grass'. Well, they aren't in the tall grass at all. They're on top of the grass.
                            --The Youngster on the first route should probably be moved down one tile.
                            --The wild pokemon seem a little...tough for the beginning of the game. I'm making it through easily enough, though. Just a thought, I'd make the wild ones level 2 or 3 and then the trainers have higher leveled pokemon like 4 or 5.
                            __________________





                            Reply With Quote
                              #218    
                            Old January 1st, 2011 (10:46 PM). Edited January 1st, 2011 by DigimonMaster.
                            DigimonMaster's Avatar
                            DigimonMaster DigimonMaster is offline
                            Lurkermon
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2010
                              Location: Missouri
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 26
                              Tried using escape rope in the passage cave... wound up on top of the mountain lol.
                              There's a couple of minor graphic things like the PC in the hero's room not showing up properly but mostly OK. I do like that you get Pokeballs and running shoes early, I always hated having to wait around to get to that stuff. It's nice to have it all available right off the bat.
                              EDIT: Also does it seem like the Menu is a little too transparent to anyone else? Its a little hard to see it in the daylight.
                              Pokedex clearly says that Owten are primarily out at night, but I ran into many in daytime. Is it supposed to be set up to show up during a certain time of day?
                              Youngster Richie on the first route(the one standing at the water's edge) seems to only appear at night. Is this meant to be this way?
                              The Youngster(dont know his name) at the top right from the fisherman's house seems to default to a post-battle speech. I've not fought him yet and he's already in his 'I'll get you next time Gadget mode.'
                              __________________
                              This signature has been disabled.
                              Spoilers are not allowed in signatures
                              Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                              You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                              Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #219    
                              Old January 2nd, 2011 (12:01 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2011 by ProdigyX.
                              ProdigyX's Avatar
                              ProdigyX ProdigyX is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2010
                                Location: Australia
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 244
                                Just a little bug, if you click on the dude next to the rock in the first town, and accept the trade you will crash and loose all data

                                Edit: Another small bug, if you click to rename your Pokemon and click OK even though you got nothing typed in game freezes
                                Though i love what i see
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #220    
                                Old January 2nd, 2011 (4:14 AM).
                                ~JV~'s Avatar
                                ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                                Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                                  Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                  Age: 23
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 715
                                  Guys, please keep posting all the errors an bugs! I'm preparing a version 2.1 to be released in the next days! Most bugs that have already been reported were already corrected and those will be included in 2.1. Also there will be:

                                  -New sprites to some pokémon.
                                  -Rebalancing of the game start (route 01 seems to hard too many people).
                                  -More itemballs in the last routes.
                                  -Grammar corrections.
                                  -More Trainers on Route 07 (Bealbeach one)

                                  Fix of things that HAVEN'T been reported here:

                                  -Nuclear Plant nurse not healing.
                                  -Casino freezes the game. (not sure if this exists actually)
                                  -Theo disappearing before getting offscreen.


                                  This list will get bigger obviously, but that will only happen with your HELP, we are trying to give you the best experience possible, and I think we are close to that! Let's polish up this game ^^.
                                  __________________
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #221    
                                  Old January 2nd, 2011 (4:46 AM).
                                  Peeky Chew's Avatar
                                  Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
                                  Master of Palettes
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                                  Location: Great Britain
                                  Age: 23
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 852
                                  These three typos I found in the intro:
                                  "Or I guess you could call be Professor Bamb'o if you want."

                                  "We humans share this world with creatures known as Pokemon." - should be Pokémon.

                                  "could no longer support a 13 year trainer."

                                  In your house you can go over the bed and the laptop's top part has fallen off. When you go down the stairs it's a bit messed up. Just make it so you transfer down stairs, not go part way down, since you can never get it perfect that way. I tried for hours xD

                                  In the first town the graphics are very nice. The trees and mountain tiles have great palettes. As for the buildings, they could do with a little polishing. The lab looks great, and matches the other tiles perfectly, but the players house isn't so good. The outlines are darker, windows a different style and colour, and door wider. It's also at a more 2d angle than the lab. When you enter buildings you also go over them a little. You should create seperate tiles to go over the door surround and put some depth on them so they cover the player when they enter.

                                  In the lab you could go through the table and the walll behind it. Theo's sprite isn't crrectly implemente so he has a strange limp. I could give you a prefectly aligned grid to put your sprites on if you like? it takes ages to get right but makes your game look way better. Also when talking to Theo you turn the wrong way around.

                                  There were these typos:

                                  "Professor Bamb'o won't like find out you were playing with his pokeball..."

                                  "Here is yours lil friend, Voto."

                                  After that line the game forze.

                                  Not to get angry, but you called my beta rushed, and the same thing happened in your already beta tested demo... It's good, but I can't really comment on the rest of the demo since it froze.
                                  __________________



                                  Demo Beta out Now!

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #222    
                                  Old January 2nd, 2011 (5:16 AM).
                                  ~JV~'s Avatar
                                  ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                                  Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                                    Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                    Age: 23
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 715
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
                                    These three typos I found in the intro:
                                    "Or I guess you could call be Professor Bamb'o if you want."

                                    "We humans share this world with creatures known as Pokemon." - should be Pokémon.

                                    "could no longer support a 13 year trainer."

                                    In your house you can go over the bed and the laptop's top part has fallen off. When you go down the stairs it's a bit messed up. Just make it so you transfer down stairs, not go part way down, since you can never get it perfect that way. I tried for hours xD

                                    In the first town the graphics are very nice. The trees and mountain tiles have great palettes. As for the buildings, they could do with a little polishing. The lab looks great, and matches the other tiles perfectly, but the players house isn't so good. The outlines are darker, windows a different style and colour, and door wider. It's also at a more 2d angle than the lab. When you enter buildings you also go over them a little. You should create seperate tiles to go over the door surround and put some depth on them so they cover the player when they enter.

                                    In the lab you could go through the table and the walll behind it. Theo's sprite isn't crrectly implemente so he has a strange limp. I could give you a prefectly aligned grid to put your sprites on if you like? it takes ages to get right but makes your game look way better. Also when talking to Theo you turn the wrong way around.

                                    There were these typos:

                                    "Professor Bamb'o won't like find out you were playing with his pokeball..."

                                    "Here is yours lil friend, Voto."

                                    After that line the game forze.

                                    Not to get angry, but you called my beta rushed, and the same thing happened in your already beta tested demo... It's good, but I can't really comment on the rest of the demo since it froze.
                                    Thanks for reporting typos, they are really annoying. But, about the game freezing THERE... nobody reported anything about that as you can see through the posts, people are much further than that and had no problems, except by a trade bug with a not important npc =/.
                                    The only other freezing reports are of the last part of the game that is after 4h -4,5h of gameplay... Well, I'll doublecheck that event anyways...
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #223    
                                    Old January 2nd, 2011 (5:33 AM).
                                    Peeky Chew's Avatar
                                    Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
                                    Master of Palettes
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2009
                                    Location: Great Britain
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 852
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
                                    Thanks for reporting typos, they are really annoying. But, about the game freezing THERE... nobody reported anything about that as you can see through the posts, people are much further than that and had no problems, except by a trade bug with a not important npc =/.
                                    The only other freezing reports are of the last part of the game that is after 4h -4,5h of gameplay... Well, I'll doublecheck that event anyways...
                                    No problem. I walked around the lab interacting with things like the Pokeballs before talking to the Prof, if that helps?
                                    __________________



                                    Demo Beta out Now!

                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #224    
                                    Old January 2nd, 2011 (5:38 AM).
                                    ~JV~'s Avatar
                                    ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                                    Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2007
                                      Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                      Age: 23
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 715
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
                                      No problem. I walked around the lab interacting with things like the Pokeballs before talking to the Prof, if that helps?
                                      Oh, you talked to him looking left/right (by his side)? maybe it's that since it froze right when he was going to walk left to give Theo his pokémon. Just confirm that and I'll fix it asap. It looks like any of the other 249 people who downloaded the game ever talked to him that way xD.
                                      __________________
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #225    
                                      Old January 2nd, 2011 (5:40 AM).
                                      Peeky Chew's Avatar
                                      Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
                                      Master of Palettes
                                      • Crystal Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2009
                                      Location: Great Britain
                                      Age: 23
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 852
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
                                      Oh, you talked to him looking left/right (by his side)? maybe it's that since it froze right when he was going to walk left to give Theo his pokémon. Just confirm that and I'll fix it asap. It looks like any of the other 249 people who downloaded the game ever talked to him that way xD.
                                      Yes, I did that xD
                                      To tell you the truth, I did it to see if anything strange would happen, but then forgot about it when it froze.
                                      __________________



                                      Demo Beta out Now!

                                      Reply With Quote
                                      Reply
                                      Quick Reply

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:44 AM.