• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Donating

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
  • have you ever donated blood? i know some of you might be to young to donate but in the future when you are able do you think you will?

i have, even though i have a major fear of needles. its not actually as bad as i thought it was going to be. the only bad part was i was dizzy the rest of the day and kept having to sit/lay down.

Ayselipera

I don't mind needles at all and I actually find it fascinating to watch blood being taken out. Which is weird, but I suppose it's a good thing for the person who gets my blood. Anyways I haven't donated blood yet, but next year when my school has their annual blood drive I'm pretty sure I'll sign up. Besides saving a life you also miss class time! That sounds like a win win situation to me.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I actually have really small veins, so it's always hard to get any blood out of me.. xD; so nah, I've never donated blood. One time I tried to, but apparently they couldn't let me do it, because I take a bunch of allergy meds. If you have any medication in your bloodstream then it's a no-go.

Years
  • I haven't though I would. Every time it comes up I think about doing it, but can't for one reason or another.

The last time I could have I was riding my bike home and it would have been a bad idea to try that while dizzy from blood loss.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • I haven't though I would. Every time it comes up I think about doing it, but can't for one reason or another.

The last time I could have I was riding my bike home and it would have been a bad idea to try that while dizzy from blood loss.

when i donated blood the first time i tried driving home but i ended up calling someone to come pick me up.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
  • I would donate blood, but the place the do it is a three hour walk from my house.

Try driving or getting someone to drive you |D

also how do you know it's three hours if you've never done it :o

Also no, my blood is mine and if someone else had it it'd be creepy 8|

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I would like to donate blood, but I rarely get a chance.
    Besides, I have fear of needles..and blood.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I haven't since I don't like needles and I believe I'm still under the minimum weight you have to be to donate blood. The minimum weight is somewhere around 120 pounds and I'm only about 110.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't donate blood. ><; I'm fine with needles, normally, but for some reason I really don't do well with having blood drawn. D: I've yet to outright faint but I come very close to it each time. When I get blood drawn at the doctor's (or the few times at the hospital) they've always made me stick around for 15 minutes to watch me closely, haha. So that makes me... very hesitant to donate. I'd like to, just for the sake of donating blood, but I don't know if I could willingly go get blood drawn even for a reason like that. :(

Back