• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I NEED A NIGHTLIGHT! D:

Years
  • Did you ever need to have a nightlight on in your room when you went to sleep? Or just needed a light on because you were afraid of the dark?

I used a nightlight when I was pretty young, because I used to be afraid of the dark. But I eventually got rid of it and now I sleep without it xD

Kauai

New Look, New me ~ ;D
    Years
  • Aw gawdy. You just had to post something like this? :embarrass

I use to be really scared of the dark. Even when I stayed over at someones house, I'd have to have a light on down the hall or something.

I've gotten over it for the most part and can sleep in the dark now. But I still have a small, dim, light on my desk on. Not cause I need it but just because if I get up at night I don't like it being pitch black. :)

Renege

C arry T he F lame
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    i still have one...

Yes, I hated the dark, couldn't sleep with the door closed, or the closets open. Now, I'm the complete opposite!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Everyday night when I was a Tater Tot. xD I was so scared of not being able to see my hands. But I overcame my phobia and now love the darkness. ^_^

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • i got one when i was younger cuz there was a purple star that looked pretty :D i didnt really need it though

now i cant sleep with a light on in my room, but i can in other rooms o_o it's sorta weird

i like sleeping with the window open when it's warm though :D

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • You mean people don't sleep with a nightlight on at night!? What is this madness?!

.... But anyways yes, I always keep a nightlight on and my desk lamp on at night. It's not that I'm scared of the dark it's just... I like to see my whole room... Also so I can make sure no crazy murderer is going to come into my room to kill me in my sleep... D;

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I still sleep with a nightlight, or a light on somewhere. If not, I sleep under the covers cuddling my YussYuss :] makes me feel bettah.

I don't want that chick from The Ring to eat me ><

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I need my room light on. Why? Well, because my imagination is so vivid and descriptive that in pitch black, and pure silence, I start seeing these nightmarish abominations, and hearing horrible sounds. Every sound sounds really, really, really maddening.

That's why I need my room light on. A nightlight wouldn't cover it. Not even close.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I always felt like someone was playing a cruel joke on me when I was much younger because of this sort of thing. I was scared to death of the dark, but couldn't sleep with any lights on, so I'd often just go without sleep. D: ...not that it's a problem anymore, can't really seem to sleep with even a single light on, so yay for not being afraid of the dark anymore!

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Yeah. When I was younger, I needed the light on because I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in the dark.

Now, I hate the light. The sun always shines into my window and wakes me up too early, so I hide under the covers and often suffocate myself (because my blankets are really heavy).

Years
  • I slept with a light on until the age of 9.

Yes, I'm a total wuss -.-
    Hey, the dark is scary! :3
    Yep, yep, same with me. My mom actually told me how weak I was becuase I was much too afraid of the dark. :< Now, though, I can't stand sleeping with any sort of light on. I might keep a night-light on outside of the room on some nights, though, since in case I need to use the washroom I have something to help me see.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i used to have one until i was in the 4th grade. now i love the dark, though it might help if i use a nightlight because im always tripping over stuff when i get up :/ (stupid dog bed...grr)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yes, until I was 11, I needed a nightlight to fall asleep.
    But nowadays I can't sleep with the light on X|

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
  • I'm not sure about when i was younger but I do now I'm older. I have to have my TV on all night our I'll get really scared of the dark. I think because my eyes can play tricks on me that I get a little spooked. XD

lol @ jorfe. o_o You must have been a very troubled child.

Back