• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread [R/S/E]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
Years
~The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread~

Hello and welcome to the Nuzlocke Challenge Thread. Here you can post about your Nuzlocke adventures and experience another new and exciting way to play your Pokemon games. The Nuzlocke Challenge can have many different rule sets to make the challenge harder or easier on oneself, but the main idea of the Nuzlocke challenge is that if your Pokemon faints, they are "dead" and you must release them or just box them away and not use them for the rest of the challenge. Really, you're goal should be to make things as hard as you honestly think you can handle and see how it goes. This thread's main ruleset will be based on my own modified rules but you can change them in any way you'd like in the spirit of the challenge.

~Rules

1. If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it ASAP. You cannot use Revives.
  2. When you reach a new Route/Cave/Town/Ect. you can only catch the first Pokemon you see in that Area. You are allowed to have Pokemon in your PC box as "backup" for when you need new members to replace fainted ones.
  3. If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see for ANY reason then you've missed out on your chance to get a Pokemon from that area. Because of this rule, you cannot catch any Pokemon on Route 1, ect. if you saw one there.
  4. You may only buy up to 10 Pokeballs from each Pokemart.
  5. You are not allowed to use Legendary Pokemon.
  6. If a town contains Gift Pokemon, you may treat these as your captured Pokemon for said area. For example, the Eevee you obtain from Bill in Goldenrod.
  7. Nickname all of your Pokemon so you have an attachment to them. "Each Pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking." (Not really a required rule, but makes things fun.)
  8. If you black out (all party Pokemon faint) and you have no backups in your PC, it's Game Over.
  9. You are not allowed to use any healing items outside of battle.
  10. You are not allowed to switch out before the trainer sends in his next Pokemon. (Change that setting in the Options Menu)
  11. No trading between games, hacking pokemon, ect. You know, stay in the spirit of the challenge...

~Challengers Post saying which game you're doing the challenge on if you'd like to be on this list.

~FireRed

~LeafGreen
Cephix​

~Ruby
FinalMaster
minchan​

~Sapphire
Doctor Who​

~Emerald
RaveSage
hack1​

~Other Rules You can add these to make your hell more special. Post if you have a suggestion for this list.

• You may only heal at a town's Pokemon Center's once.
  • You may not buy any pokeballs.
  • You may not buy any healing items.
  • You may not use any healing items.

~Sig Add-ons

-N/A-

Last edited:

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
Years
Talked with someone and I've decided to change this to a general Nuzlocke thread. If anyone's interested in the challenge feel free to post. :)

Also, I'll be adding more areas to the OP talking about ways to share your Nuzlocking adventures.

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Hey, just a question. Do I have to post pictures or a video? Because I'd rather just write about what happened.

Anyway, I'm entering for Pokemon Ruby, because that cartridge o' mine's been gathering dust lately.

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
Years
Yeah, you can just write about it here, in a blog, w/e. I've seen people on Smogon make really long posts making a "story" out of their Nuzlocking stuff.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Mmmkay. I'm already up to Rustboro City, and I have already restarted once and in this file lost a Wurmple named JiggIt. Just caught a Zigzagoon on the way to Rusturf Tunnel, even though I haven't beaten Roxxane yet. Going to grind 'till itls safe to face her with my retardedly rock-weak team. Don't blame me if several 'mon die.

Current Team:
Ninjaido (Torchic)
GigaGullet (Taillow)
Rippo (Zigzagoon)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
A quick question, can we soft reset?

I mean, if I want a better Pokemon on a said route/cave/town, I'd reset.

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
Years
A quick question, can we soft reset?

I mean, if I want a better Pokemon on a said route/cave/town, I'd reset.

Yeah, as I said, it's good to stay in the spirit of the challenge. Some people do SR but that's not really fair game.

FinalMaster, if you want to be on the list, I at least need to know which game your using.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I'm gonna try this out. I'll be using Ruby. I might not update a lot but I'll do my best to do so.

EDIT: Here's a copy-paste from the text file I'm keeping track of this challenge with:

POKEMON RUBY NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE

LAST UPDATED ON: MONDAY, MAY 3RD, 2010

IN GAME NAME: BOBERTO

POKEMON LIST:

LOCATION MET-SPECIES-NICKNAME-KILLED BY

ROUTE 101-MUDKIP-NORBERT-N/A
ROUTE 102-POOCHYENA-IRYNA-N/A

FAILED AND COMPLETED LOCATIONS:

ROUTE 101
ROUTE 102
ROUTE 103

POKEMARTS USED:

OLDALE TOWN

EDIT2: By the way, I came up with "BOBERTO" on my own, but the Pokemon nicknames are all generated with this random name generator. Just thought I'd include that tidbit of information.

I'll try to update again as soon as I complete more of the game.

Last edited:

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
Hey, are you allowed to use Fire Red or Leaf Green in this challenge? I didn't find a specific thread for those games. If so I would like to do the challenge on leaf green.

EDIT: I've started the challenge, but if I'm not allowed to do it on Leaf Green for this topic I will do it for myself since it sounds like fun.

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
I'm taking Emerald. First update coming soon.

Update 1

-Told stupid professor that I'm a boy
-Named myself xD for no logical reason
-I'm on a moving truck for some reason
-Jumped out, saw my Mom
-Setted clock in my room
-Went out
-Saw a Pokeball on my neigbour's room
-Tried to stole it
-A random girl stopped me :(
-Went to route 101
-Idiot professor was attacked by Zigzagoon
-Saved him with a Mudkip
-Stoled Mudkip, named it Yay!
-Went to route 101 again
-Killed few wild Pokemons and grinded Yay! to lv. 6
-Saw a Pokemon on route 103 :(
-Tossed May, and Yay! grew to level 7 :)
-Got Pokeballs and Dex from Birch
-Got runnung shoes
-Entered to route 102... What pokemon will I get...?
-A Lotad! It's better than a Zigzagoon :)
-Grinded them...

End of update 1

EDIT: I'm on rustrobo now. I captured Poochyena, Wurmple and Nincada but Poochyena and Nincada died :(

Last edited:

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
Years
Hey, are you allowed to use Fire Red or Leaf Green in this challenge? I didn't find a specific thread for those games. If so I would like to do the challenge on leaf green.

EDIT: I've started the challenge, but if I'm not allowed to do it on Leaf Green for this topic I will do it for myself since it sounds like fun.

I somehow forgot about FR and LG when making this thread. I'll add it in the OP and get a mod to edit it in later.

Adding in new challengers and here's a few updates from me as well.

~

Check out my Playlist to catch up on my Nuzlocke run of Moemon Emerald!

Episode 20: TIME WARP
Due to technical difficulties and me not learning my lesson, you get to miss out on some mostly unexciting trainer battles and skip on to Meteor Falls. One pokemon caught off screen during the broken recording and we finally advance the plot some. Onward to Mt. Chimney!

Episode 21: Aaxie and Mrchie
You'll understand the title (maybe) as you watch the segment. We head up to Mt.Chimney and beat the snot out of some pirates and occult members. Then we get some DELICIOUS cookies. Soon we'll get to the next town and fight Flannery The Flamer.

Team Pre and Post Episodes 20-21
Spoiler:

Those who have died
293.png
AKA - MS Rival's Torchic
276.png
AKA - Tailow or Super Tailow Brawly's Makuhita

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
Years
nice! just when i was getting bored of monotypes, there suddenly is this awesome concept! :D
i'll start on ruby! x)

so far i've:
threw a die and picked torchic (this is the first time i ever use torchic so it'll be interesting)
and yeah… more to come :P​

EDIT: I got up to Roxanne and whited out… T_T

anyways, I started with a Mudkip this time (so hopefully that'll help :\)
and upon reaching route 102 the first Pokémon I ran into was Ralts!!! (which made me jolt and hit my head on the roof from my bunk), I caught it, and two Zigzagoons after that I ran into a Surskit!!! (… I don't know about you guys, but this is only second time I ever run into one this early, and it's freaking cool!)… so I caught it, and as of now it is sitting in a box in my PC which I named PURGATRY (purgatory… ¬¬)… and I was wondering if it was cool if I used it? :]

I'll leave it in PURGATRY until I hear from you, just keep in mind that it isn't a nice place to be in!… it's not bad, but it's not good either :| :P

QUESTIONS:
1.) May I use Surskit as an exception even though I caught it in the same route after Ralts?
2.) Can we catch Pokémon in the 'area' of route 104 after the Petalburg Woods? (I haven't gotten the items behind the Flower Shop just because I don't know if I can catch them or not :\)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
To greyfish: Q2: Personnely I wouldn't because it is the same route but that my opinion

Also I have started a Nuzlocke on Fire Red.

I am at cerulean I think but I might still be In mt.moon.

My team is around 15-17 And I have a Watotle named avenger \, a Pidgey named slicer, a Geodude named Roller, and a Mankey(forgot Nickname)

Ihaveonly had one death which was arattata named cruncher who died from a crit.

I also have 2 backups.
Weedle and Spearow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back