• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The New World

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
So, I'm fairly new here, I guess you could say, but at the same time, I've been lurking for a while, so I know (most of) what I'm doing. I know the thread's not as fancy as some of you are used to, but it's gonna work for now until things get rolling.

Let me introduce myself, and my hack. You can just call me…Jed. Or violentiris. I really don't mind, either way. And you can call my hack:

POKEMON: THE NEW WORLD

It's a hack of FireRed. Now, let's get started.

STORYLINE

Spoiler:

WHAT IS THIS?

Spoiler:

FEATURES

Spoiler:

CHARACTERS

Spoiler:

SCREENIES

Spoiler:

MAPS
Spoiler:

PROGRESS

Spoiler:

TEAM

Spoiler:

TOOLS USED/CREDIT

Spoiler:

…that's it.

Feel free to post comments on how I can improve this. I'm not half perfect. Suggestions are also welcome. :)

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
I like the maps of the first town, and i like the general story. i just think you should have some twists in it, like your dad gets kidnapped and taken to france where your mother lives and you have to save him. just a suggestion

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
this looks good! i'd like to help map, but i'm only a novice (because the maps i make don't get good ratings), but they are good at playability.

Years
thats got a good story to it, ill be glad to help in any way i can

ive just started to make pokemon sprites i you want to look ive put some of them on my profile so have a look and tell me what you think

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The story sounds okay, more like the events in your hack though :\
Make the screen shots smaller so that it doesn't fill up too much of the thread. The hack looks promising although you're only just on 0.3%. You also need to credit Kyledove (I think) for the tree tiles. Good luck.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Ah.. The storyline is simple and I like it. :)
The features is ok from my point of view. :P

I wish you best of luck with this hack! And If you need any help with mapping/scripting, just leave me a PM or VM :)

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Nice Hack!
I really loved the earth locations but i cant understand what's the main story?
in the story you wrote the begining but how you keep up?team rocket doing something?or is it just for the start?
I'll keep an eye on this hack :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
I like the maps of the first town, and i like the general story. i just think you should have some twists in it, like your dad gets kidnapped and taken to france where your mother lives and you have to save him. just a suggestion

Don't worry. There WILL be twists. But the first Team Rocket guy was just a sentry sent out to sort of "mug" people of their Pokemon, and having him kidnap your Dad would just be annoyingly cliché. So we'll try and avoid that for now. :)

I love the story, but i saw some map errors. Btw do u need a mapper? if u do just PM me.

That would be great. For mapping, I'm not nearly a pro, and I was just trying to get the rough idea out there. Not to mention, I think it'd be nice to have six houses instead of ten, I think that was a bit overboard. Do you have any work you could show me? PMed!

thats got a good story to it, ill be glad to help in any way i can

ive just started to make pokemon sprites i you want to look ive put some of them on my profile so have a look and tell me what you think

Pokemon sprites aren't a huge deal tbh. But maybe in the future, when we've got the basics tied up.

The story sounds okay, more like the events in your hack though
Make the screen shots smaller so that it doesn't fill up too much of the thread. The hack looks promising although you're only just on 0.3%. You also need to credit Kyledove (I think) for the tree tiles. Good luck.

Not sure what you mean by "more like the events in your hack," but I've gotcha. And Kyledove's tiles are used, but that goes under Mew_Ryn's rom base since he helped with it.

Ah.. The storyline is simple and I like it.
The features is ok from my point of view.

I wish you best of luck with this hack! And If you need any help with mapping/scripting, just leave me a PM or VM

Scripting is huge, I deff need help with that. PMed!

Nice Hack!
I really loved the earth locations but i cant understand what's the main story?
in the story you wrote the begining but how you keep up?team rocket doing something?or is it just for the start?
I'll keep an eye on this hack

It's just for the start. Trust me, I've got some interesting ideas in mind for this hack. ;)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
This looks like a good hack! :p The story line so far is good, that map doesnt look bad, though it looks empty :p. And the text doesn't have any grammar mistakes. So good luck on this!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Not sure what you mean by "more like the events in your hack," but I've gotcha. And Kyledove's tiles are used, but that goes under Mew_Ryn's rom base since he helped with it.

"more like the events in your hack," as in more like the scripts in your hack. The story should give a brief background, but I think you have that more or less.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
Let's see.

Mapping some Canadian cities would be cool. It's going to be interesting coordinating all of the palettes, though. I'll give you a shout when we get to that. :)

Yep, the map is fairly empty. I'm not a great hacker as of now, but I'm definitely trying. This idea could take off if it has enough support, since it's such a cool idea to implement.

Ah. I see what you're saying. But yeah, the storyline is something I don't want to spoil too much of, seeing as we're just getting started on this. But whoever is going to be the scripter for this is going to get ALL of the storyline dumped on them, seeing as they're the one to implement it – I'm going to be thorough, but make it so that it shouldn't be too hard to do.

It will be fun to do this. Especially since the gyms are all in very, very different places, but ones that match the area that they should be in.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Sent the proof of works. I might not be that good in tiles too but im good in editing map, the events especially a little scripting (like changing the script where Prof.Oak gives u pokemon)

~Drak

Stiwo's rule

ahahahah.... NO, YOU NOT FUNNY
Years
the story is nice, but I suggest you to change the tilesets^^ (if you need some help to do that, I can help you ^^)

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Good luck basing it on the real world. I thought of making Pokemon Saltire based on Scotland, and then Pokemon Stars & Stripes, based on the USA, but I came up with a better idea based on an original region. I may return to the idea one day though.

Your screenshots arn't particularly interesting and your map is too large and empty. Storyline is mediocre. There isn't really much to get people interested besides the "real-world" component. You need to get more exciting screenshots, sprites whatever.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
the story is nice, but I suggest you to change the tilesets^^ (if you need some help to do that, I can help you ^^)

Yes, please! I'm renovating the first map of Wichita currently, and that would be amazing to have. Coult you send me some instructions, or help perchance? It would be awesome.

And to the post above...I hate giving out spoilers. Any whatsoever. I'd like to give out a bit more, especially to do with Professor Oak, and how this ties back to the actual series. I'd like to say that there will be a lot of trust being betrayed, and twists that range from slightly easy to see beforehand to completely mindblowing. But I don't like giving stuff away.

I will say that you'll need to pay very, very close attention to little things people in the game will say. The casual stuff. Because it might help you get the jump on the rest of the game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Your mapping really needs work. Ten houses is definantly too many, and the first town is way too empty.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
UPDATE

I've finished redoing the first town, and it looks a lot better than before. I've also got Route 1 all done, mapping wise. Both can be seen under the spoiler bit below, and in the first post of this thread.

Spoiler:

Again, I desperately need help with this, so I'm open to anyone's suggestions...the person who said he might script hasn't replied back, so that's still an area that's very much lacking. Also, it'd be nice to have someone experienced in tiles and/or palettes on the team, so that the visuals can be more unique.

Back