• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pachirisu Fakemon Evolution - Inarisu

Years
    In discussions of the upcoming Black and White, people have talked about which pokemon should gain evolutions. A lot of people agree that Pachirisu is in dire need of an evolution. As Pachirisu is one of my favorite pokemon, I decided to create one.

Pachirisu Fakemon Evolution - Inarisu

Design notes:

Inarisu is a pure electric-type pokemon, and is the second and final stage of Pachirisu. Though many fans have tried to make Pachirisu into a flying squirrel and give it the electric/flying dual type, I felt it important to keep it puresly electric. The name is Japanese. Pachirisu can be broken down into "pachi", which is a static crackle, and "risu," which means squirrel. I kept the "risu" and mixed it with the word "Inazuma," which is a flash of lightning. It is meant to be a parallel to "Raichu," in which Rai means Thunder. So, Raichu and Inarisu: Thunder and Lightning.

I looked at the original Pachirisu and noted that its maturity was somewhere between Pichu and Pikachu. I tried to design Inarisu to look like it was somewhere between Pikachu and Raichu on the maturity spectrum. So it has more bulk than Pachirisu, but is not "big" per say. It is roughly the same height and weight as a fully-grown Pikachu.

The color scheme reflects the original Pachirisu, but is a little bit darker. I was going for a very electric blue. I also felt it important to keep the design down to three colors (white, electric blue, and the yellow cheeks). The stripe down its back is connected to the color between the ears, and continues down the back of the tail in a zigzag or lightning bolt pattern. The shape of the tail is important, because Inarisu still discharges energy from its tail. I changed the three vertical spikes in Pachirisu's design to downward spikes, again arranged in a lightning bolt pattern.

I have not yet decided the method of evolution for Pachirisu yet. The best I have come up with is leveling Pachirisu up via happiness while holding a Light Ball. It has the same moveset as Pachirisu with three additions: it learns Reflect (psychic), Mind Reader (normal), and Zap Cannon (electric) somewhere between levels 40 and 60.

If any spriters want to take this one on, let me know!

EDIT (5/24) - uploaded new picture including the back pose and took out the original sketch.

Last edited:

mars714

Comic Maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    Wow, nice. You put a lot of thought into this. I'm surprised no one else has said anything.

Years
    Very nice idea,I agree with Pachirisu needing an evolution,it just looks kind of lonely with it's small size. The design kind of concerns me though because not much evolution is involved. The color and pattern scheme is somewhat different and I think the tail as well. I don't have much ideas for the design but I think it could be improved a bit.

Back