The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Pokemon Torzach: The Legend Begins

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2010 (6:21 PM).
Gone.

I really like the way this game is turning out.
    Goods: I really like your varied range of different types of trees, they fit in very well. I also really like the looks of the library and gym. What I like most of your game is the way your keeping the same looks of a hack; as most RMXP pokemon game makers try to use(and overuse) Diamond Pearl Platinum graphics, which personally I'm not a huge fan off.
    Bads: There's not much bad, I just would like to know what the weird shadow thing is infront of the player when he's at the library and market.
    Question: Will this be good on Windows 7? I tried Raptor version but it was just to slow for it was incompatible with Windows 7 and had to go to Windows XP compatibility mode. I really hope your making it on vista or 7, or atleast making it compatible with win7.
    Anyways, that's that. Good luck with the game, can't wait for a release. =]
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 30th, 2010 (10:04 PM).
    On vacation

Nature: Bold
      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tjwilliams24 View Post
      I really like the way this game is turning out.
      Goods: I really like your varied range of different types of trees, they fit in very well. I also really like the looks of the library and gym. What I like most of your game is the way your keeping the same looks of a hack; as most RMXP pokemon game makers try to use(and overuse) Diamond Pearl Platinum graphics, which personally I'm not a huge fan off.
      Bads: There's not much bad, I just would like to know what the weird shadow thing is infront of the player when he's at the library and market.
      Question: Will this be good on Windows 7? I tried Raptor version but it was just to slow for it was incompatible with Windows 7 and had to go to Windows XP compatibility mode. I really hope your making it on vista or 7, or atleast making it compatible with win7.
      Anyways, that's that. Good luck with the game, can't wait for a release. =]
      Thanks, for the comment

Yeah, we decided to take out the shadows, because, well it was weird in some cases xD

About your question: Pokemon Raptor was made with the same program we are making Torzach with. It works fine of vista though (since we're making it on vista )... So I can't be sure if Torzach will be compatible with Windows 7, but we'll see

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
      Old May 31st, 2010 (8:22 AM).
      Gone.

Alright, maybe I'll just try Vista Compatibility Mode and it will be faster. And yeah, I didn't really understand those shadows. But I really like the way the fakemon, most hacks have terrible fakemon, but yours look as if GameFreak made them =]
        Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Old May 31st, 2010 (8:45 AM).
        Game Developer

Nature: Careful
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
          Yep, you're gonna have to wait. Not as long as you might think, though

Thanks for the support

==========================================================

Update time! *Dances*
          Seven new screenies, fresh off the press.
          These are of the second and third towns, Mior Canyon, and various other things. That big building is the library, where you will find the first "Easter Egg" if you look hard enough. Those'll be left in almost every town and route, and I won't be telling you where they are. They'll do anything from give access to special pokemon, to special items, to passwords that'll give access to an item that'll help you find a special pokemon. Anyway, onto the screens;
          Spoiler:

EDIT: Come on people, where's the posts? Over 1000 view and less than 30 posts?! Hurry up about it boys :D (And girls, of course)
          On that third screenshot, is it just me or is the enemy (Bewstripe) have its stripes as transparent? If yes, is that on purpose or an accident?

Old May 31st, 2010 (11:22 AM).
          On vacation

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lx_theo View Post
            On that third screenshot, is it just me or is the enemy (Bewstripe) have its stripes as transparent? If yes, is that on purpose or an accident?
            Nope they're not transparent, although I can see what you mean xD The stripes near the grass look greener than the other stripes. But that's just one of our evil illusions

Old June 1st, 2010 (1:35 PM).

this game looks awesome hey i have a rom website where i can advertise this game for you. if you want to just email me at [email protected] and ill give you all the details
              Old June 2nd, 2010 (6:56 AM).
              Spriter

Nature: Naive
                Glad to see this is going again as a game. I'm a bit rusty on the edges as far as spriting goes.

Sherry
                Spriter from 2008-present.

Old June 2nd, 2010 (5:53 PM).
                One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
                  I'm glad to see this wasn't abandoned. I remember when it first started as a hack, and I'm happy to see it as a game so there are less limitations. If you want some help with spriting I would be willing to make a few fakemon, I've improved greatly now.

Oh, and I thought I would let you know that I agree with Dew. I don't like Bewstripes feet outlines, but overall the sprites are pretty good. The hero OWs eyes are kind of weird though, I don't like the white pixel next to the eyes. Good luck, I hope to see more updates soon!
                  Old June 4th, 2010 (5:23 PM).
                  Spriter

I've been thinking about updating the style of the sprites to HG/SS. I'll probably end up doing it, now that we're switching to a game. The sprites looked excellent before, but now they're a bit washed out. And I was thinking about maybe making my own dex.

Sherry

Old June 14th, 2010 (12:31 PM).
                    On vacation

** UPDATE TIME **

Well, I know it's been a while since we've updated, but we've been very busy And all I've got for you guys is 6 screen shots and, well, a little extra

Buuuut, first of all, lets start with those screen shots!!! What we've got here is some Mior Canyon Event action, which reveals another part of the story, but with these screen shots we'll still be leaving you guys in the dark Furthermore, we're showing you guys some epic cave mapping done by Rexo, a screen shot inside of the library aaaaand a battle shot!
                      Spoiler:

We're still in need of some OverWorld sprites as you can see... But those will come in time

Here's the "little extra"

For those of you who want to play the alpha and be surprised by the story and don't want to see any spoilers, DO NOT OPEN THIS SPOILER! But for those of you who want to ruin this experience Here are two video's starting the story, they contain a lot of information so beware, THESE ARE BIG SPOILERS!!!
                      Spoiler:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgIbBRebZU0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8yYCdPIkw0
                      Please do notice that there are some errors here and there in the text that have already been fixed

There are also some freeze - ups in there that have something to do with the music, which I'm looking into. (including that the lab music plays, before it switches over to the "something bad happened music")

The overworld sprite of the hero is also wrongly inserted, which means you can see his hat popping up and down, this is also being fixed!

The huge amount of xp gained after the battle, has also been fixed xD

Please don't comment on the problems above, seeing as we are already aware of them!

Old June 18th, 2010 (4:00 PM).
                      Spriter

Now that we're on RMXP I think we should switch from FRLG graphics and OWS to DPP/HGSS

Sherry

Old June 19th, 2010 (1:41 AM).
                        On vacation

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Vannah☆ View Post
                          Now that we're on RMXP I think we should switch from FRLG graphics and OWS to DPP/HGSS
                          I was thinking about that too

Rexo and I were already experimenting with new tiles, I'm not sure if you would call these DPP/HGSS, but guys, tell me which ones you like better:

Spoiler:
                          OLD:

NEW:

Credits for these tiles go to Alucus (Well the new ones, seeing as we still have old trees)

Old June 19th, 2010 (4:19 AM).
                          Pokemon hack/game player

Any real technical judgment is confusing to me but I like the way the new building's look in comparison to the old ones.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
                            Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
                            Old June 19th, 2010 (11:10 AM).
                            On vacation

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
                              Any real technical judgment is confusing to me but I like the way the new building's look in comparison to the old ones.
                              Thank you !

We decided to keep adding in these tiles and I added some new overworlds :D.

Spoiler:

The first thing you might have noticed is that the event with Steedim is taking place somewhere else... We decided that with new tiles we need new maps . They haven't been totally remapped, but changed quite a bit .

Furthermore I added in the female heroin overworld and the rival overworld, although as Vannah said, we might be switching over to DPP/HGSS sprites. But for the meantime, we have these .

Tile credits:
                              - Alucus, for like a lot xD (almost all houses, mountain tiles, water tiles, anyway thanks a bunch )
                              - Tree tiles have already been mentioned on the first page
                              - PrinceLegendario, for the new library!
                              - lalo0101, for his Mart, although it isn't in the screenshots

Old June 19th, 2010 (2:50 PM).
                              The lessons we learn

Location: Hell on Earth (Or Texas, if you must.)
                                Nature: Sassy
                                Whew, I thought this was out of action permanently when I saw it was closed in the Hacks Showcase. I loved it back then so nothing's different now.

Taio Cruz -- Dynamite

Old June 24th, 2010 (11:37 AM).
                                If a tree falls in a forest

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by ElectricScyther View Post
                                  Whew, I thought this was out of action permanently when I saw it was closed in the Hacks Showcase. I loved it back then so nothing's different now.
                                  Thanks for your support.
                                  So people, no updates, not because we don't have any, but because I just want to say that we're only a few days from an Alpha. I believe all we have to sort out is overworlds. If you are any good at overworlds, we need you *Points finger like Uncle Sam*

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
                                  Old June 28th, 2010 (10:18 PM). Edited June 29th, 2010 by Yume Tsuki.
                                  (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻

Location: In a cardboardbox aside the main highway. :P okay?
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Hi all, recently joined up the team as spriter. :3 Working on the grass gymleader.
                                    Old July 10th, 2010 (9:50 AM).

Bump :D

A date for Alpha yet? :D
                                      Old July 13th, 2010 (6:27 AM).

Nature: Brave
                                        Well, lot of people probably don't post here because they think this is never gonna finish, because this was so old project in hack showcase or wherever, and 95% of hacks and started games are never finished so I don't blame them.

The game itself looks great.

Well, because posting this was so much pain in my butt, you better finish the game.

Whack-a-Pain, Tom&Jerry would be proud!
                                        Old July 13th, 2010 (10:25 AM).

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Pandemonioum View Post
                                          Well, lot of people probably don't post here because they think this is never gonna finish, because this was so old project in hack showcase or wherever, and 95% of hacks and started games are never finished so I don't blame them.

Well, because posting this was so much pain in my butt, you better finish the game.
                                          Well, that was...rude. You know you didn't HAVE TO post here right? You could've spent your valuable time elsewhere, doing something constructive instead of leaving a mostly negative comment. Games take time to make. If their game is taking to long to be developed for your patience, then go play some other game. Don't come to someone else's game thread being so negative, pessimistic, and rude. If "posting this was so much pain in your butt," you should've just NOT POSTED IT. They don't have to do anything because of your demands. You're not a king buddy, sorry to inform you.
                                          Old July 13th, 2010 (10:31 AM).
                                          @n_diiv

Nature: Adamant
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Pandemonioum View Post

wow you are demanding MegaMaccer to finish his game. Then you have no idea what a retard you look like right now. A lot of hard work goes into making games, and there not finished in 2 seconds. If you want a game so bad get off your troll but and make one

paired to kaori & vrai
                                            Old July 27th, 2010 (7:29 AM).
                                            Ice Blastoise Ice Blastoise is offline

This game looks really good so far.

When is it going to be ready?
                                              Old July 27th, 2010 (7:48 AM).
                                              kevin del rey
                                              • Silver Tier

One day it's a hack and now it has evolved into a game. Wow. It looks real good, I like the Fakemon and the mapping looks great.
                                              Old July 27th, 2010 (12:16 PM).
                                              Pokemon Copper!

Location: In your charasmatic fantasy.
                                                For an RMXP beginner, your game has shown that you learn fast. Great job on this. The fakemon are well sprited and the tiles well inserted. Props to you!

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
                                                Old August 1st, 2010 (1:13 PM).
                                                A weakling I see, what a pity.

Nature: Naughty
                                                  Is there a beta yet?
                                                  I wanna download this game so bad!

^Made by Abnegation^

http://topazgfx.help-out.net
                                                  Inv4sion's Taskbar
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

Sponsored Links