Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com

Old May 3rd, 2017 (4:21 PM). Edited May 22nd, 2017 by Shaggythescoobysnack.

This is a race through the generations. Cool? Cool. Great. Here are the rules.

Rules

You must complete these games in order.
    Pokemon FireRed/Leafgreen
    Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Platinum
    Pokemon Black/White 1/2
    Pokemon X/Y
    Pokemon Sun/Moon
    Each generation will have it's own specific special objective. Usually its only 1 but there are 2 with one generation.
    No cheating/glitching
    You may use any legendaries you catch.
    Just for the sake of space, and how much updates there will be, please just update your first post instead of double posting.
    On the topic of updates, please update your post often, (as an example, post around every time you get a badge, complete an objective etc.). This is so I can keep track of your progress and other racers can to. AND BE HONEST. I've had liars before.
    While this is a race, it is a casual event, so HAVE FUN.

Ok now that that is out of the way lets get into Generation objectives

Generation 1-ish
    Spoiler:
    Basic Objectives
    Defeat Blue, The Pokemon Champion
    Collect all of the Gym Badges

Special Objective
    Catch all of the Elemental Birds.

Generation 2-ish

Spoiler:
    Basic Objectives
    Defeat Lance, the Johto Champion
    Gather all of the Gym Badges

Special Objective
    Defeat Red

Generation 3

Spoiler:
    Basic Objectives
    Defeat Wallace, the Hoenn Champion

Special Objective
    Catch a Bagon, and evolve it to a Salemence

Generation 4

Spoiler:
    Basic Objectives
    Defeat Cynthia the Sinnoh Champion

Special Objective
    Catch Dialga and Palkia

Generation 5

Spoiler:
    Basic Objectives
    Defeat Team Plasma

Special Objectives
    Defeat Alder, the Unova Champion
    Defeat Iris, the Unova Champion… two years later.

Generation 6

Spoiler:
    Basic Objectives
    Defeat Diana, the Kalos Champion

Special Objective
    Catch Zygarde

Generation 7

Spoiler:
    Basic Objective
    Complete all of the Island Challenges
    Defeat Kukui, the Pokemon Professor
    Special Objectives
    Catch all of the island guardians

How to join:
    Name of the character you will be using. Thats it.

The Racers
    Spoiler:
    Shaggythescoobysnack: Shaggy
    Buttlet32: Buttlet

I'll also be posting where people are in the race, so you can keep track of each others progress.

Gen 1
    Spoiler:
    Shaggy Badges: 2
    Buttlet

Gen 2
    Spoiler:
    None yet

Gen 3
    Spoiler:
    None yet.

Gen 4
    Spoiler:
    None yet.

Gen 5
    Spoiler:
    None yet.

Gen 6
    Spoiler:
    None yet.

Gen 7
    Spoiler:
    None yet

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 11th, 2017 (8:47 AM).
    Buttlet

I would gladly do this challenge, but I completed the Pokedex on Y and of course with that being something I worked hard to achieve, it wouldn't be that easy to restart.

I don't know if it counts as I've never fully completed (or played it for that matter) the gba Pokemon hack that is based on X and Y. That's probably a negative though. Only other thing I can think to do is use a 3ds emulator, but the only one I know of is still being worked on. I can easily complete the others though, as I've yet to complete S/M and I have emulators for the other games.

(If anything I just said breaks the TOS, please just delete the comment. I haven't been on this website in ages, so it very well may have changed since the last time I looked at it)

And instead of Fire Red/Leaf Green...may I use Yellow? If not Yellow, then what about Red. I have both on my 3ds. If I can't then I'll use my VBA emulator on my laptop.
      Old May 22nd, 2017 (3:15 PM). Edited May 23rd, 2017 by Shaggythescoobysnack.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by buttlet32 View Post
        I would gladly do this challenge, but I completed the Pokedex on Y and of course with that being something I worked hard to achieve, it wouldn't be that easy to restart.

I don't know if it counts as I've never fully completed (or played it for that matter) the gba Pokemon hack that is based on X and Y. That's probably a negative though. Only other thing I can think to do is use a 3ds emulator, but the only one I know of is still being worked on. I can easily complete the others though, as I've yet to complete S/M and I have emulators for the other games.

(If anything I just said breaks the TOS, please just delete the comment. I haven't been on this website in ages, so it very well may have changed since the last time I looked at it)

And instead of Fire Red/Leaf Green...may I use Yellow? If not Yellow, then what about Red. I have both on my 3ds. If I can't then I'll use my VBA emulator on my laptop.
        Challenge logged, thanks! You can play Yellow, the difference between the first gen and remakes is quite small. Also, I'm assuming your going to be using your PokeCommunity name for the challenge, so thats what I logged you as, tell me if it is different though. You can also use a ROM, it's personally ok with me.
        Old May 22nd, 2017 (3:32 PM).

Sorry for the lack of updates on the challenge. I've been very busy with school, but here is my first update.

Here are the highlights of my first two gym badges.

Gen 1 Updates

Spoiler:
          Update 1: Badge 1: I decided to name my Squirtle Squirter (hehe xd) and defeated my rival pretty easily. I got a good nature, giving me a defense buff, and I headed out. ROute 1 was pretty average, nothing to note there. I decided not to do the optional Blue battle in the beginning because I didn't want to get my ass handed to me. After doing the catching Pokemon tutorial I went to Viridian Forest and (thankfully) dodged most of the trainers and wild Pokemon. I eventually got to Pewter City and handled Brock with ease. I then headed out to Misty.

Badge 2: I haven't got this game on the back of my hand. Before leaving Pewter City I grabbed some repels for Mt. Moon and continued my journey. I accidentally ran into some trainers I didn't have to on Route 3, so that was my mistake. Squirtle had evoIved to Wartortle on this route as well. then continued my progress to Cerulean City, as I entered Mt. Moon. Surprisingly, I actually got through Mt. Moon ridiculously fast, only running into a few trainers on the way. I took the Helix fossil before leaving and kept heading to Cerulean. I decided not to teach Wartortle Mega Punch on Route 4, because I'm... well not very smart. I went to Misty first instead of Nugget Bridge because Wartortle had learned Bite for Starmie. Misty gave us touble, but we still got her on our first try, which is always good. I decided that was enough for the day, saved my game, and came to write my first update.

Current Team

Squirter the Wartortle Lv. 23
          Old June 1st, 2017 (12:06 PM).

I'd be down to try this.
            Name: Accel - starting with Firered
            Old June 4th, 2017 (11:53 AM).

Challenge logged. Thanks!

Quick Reply