Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

View Poll Results:

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

Yes

7 36.84%

No

12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2851    
Old July 22nd, 2012 (6:30 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline

case CLOSED.

  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 25
Nature: Timid
Posts: 32,105

Did you click the link? And then type in a nickname? And hmm. I'm having fun with my monocolor. You should try that if you haven't already! Pink monocolor! ;)

__________________

≫ they took a little look at my heart
they found a prince living behind bars ≪

challenges | klippy


Relevant Advertising!

  #2852    
Old July 22nd, 2012 (7:53 PM).
Perriechu's Avatar
Perriechu Perriechu is offline
no more sad songs
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 4,109

So Nuzlocke's challenges aren't really that hard. ): even tho i was down to one pokemon at one point. Since I'll be done with that one pretty soon, anyone got any suggestions of challenges I should do next? n_n

__________________

twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149

  #2853    
Old July 22nd, 2012 (9:12 PM).
darkpokeball's Avatar
darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: In your nightmares
    Posts: 770

    Okay, I wrote up a super rushed challenge, before a little bit of refinement. Now, I want to post this on PC, but FIRST, I want to smooth out anything that may seem confusing. Tell me anything that seems confusing or anything that would prevent you from the joining the challenge:

    Pokemon: Region's End Challenge
    Objective:
    After answering questiosn about how you would go about the
    events of your Region's End, you get specified rules. The
    Region's End storyline does not exist outside of the questions
    and is only to help decide your custom rules.

    Rules/How to Play:

    Spoiler:
    --You will get four questions. Each of them has an
    A,B,C, or D choice. Answer each then open the spoiler tag
    to find out what your custom rules are for the REC.

    --You are not allowed to spin trade, trade, hack, or recieve
    any assistance from other games(Unless permission is given by
    either rule or darkpokeball)

    --The following games are banned from the challenge:
    Original Red, Original Blue, Black 2, White 2

    --If you are using HG/SS, then you may not use the
    PokeWalker until you beat the challenge.

    --When the challenge is beaten:
    Yellow: Beat the E4.Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
    FireRed/Leafgreen: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
    G/S/C/HG/SS: Beat the E4. Extra: Beat Red.
    R/S/E: Beat Steven. Extra: Beat/Catch Rayquaza.
    D/P/PT: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf.
    B/W: Beat Alder. Extra: Catch/Beat Kyurem.


    The Four Questions:
    Spoiler:
    1. Your region is being destroyed by the legendary Palkia!
    Many are struggling onto the ship to get to a new, safe
    region. However, to get onto the ship, you need a pass.
    Each pass only supports:
    1 person
    1 pokemon
    You come across two passes, and you have to choose who
    to give the second pass to!
    Who do you give it too?

    a. The one that you are engaged too(who'll bring
    his/her Snubull that doesn't battle, it's more of a
    house pet)

    b. Your aunt, who has always looked after you, (who will
    take your second most prized pokemon aside from the one
    that you are bringing)

    c. Hunter, the smuggler(he is a warm-hearted gentleman
    that can bring the rest of your team across w/o anyone
    noticing)

    d. Marvella, the little girl, because nobody deserves to
    die at this young an age(who'll bring her Jigglypuff)

    2. You have made it to the new region, your old one gone.
    Suddenly, the policeman confiscate your pokemon! What do
    you do?

    a. You don't need your prized pokemon, you have a bright
    future ahead to start anew

    b. Cry out and demand that they give it back!

    c. Vow to steal it back when the time is right, and quietly
    move along

    d. Break into a tantrum and have a fit until they give in
    and return your pokemon

    3. One year into your new life and you're suddenly arrested!
    The policemen say you're up for execution. What do you do?

    a. This is fate. Let it happen.

    b. Try to escape, do whatever it takes

    c. Demand to know why you're here, and verbally assault them

    d. Whimper and accept what has happened: this is the end

    4. You are in an electric chair, powered by Manetrics. With
    one flip of a switch, you're dead meat. What do you do?

    a. Ask for a few last words, and then give an inspiring
    speech. You're going out with a bang.

    b. Cry out and insult the guards, you don't deserve this.
    Who are they to try to do this to you?

    c. All according to plan...you have a complex escape
    planned out within your mind...

    d. Close your eyes and brace yourself.

    Your REC rules:
    Whatever rule corresponds with the letter you chose
    for the given question is teh rule you must follow in the
    challenge.

    Spoiler:

    1. If you answered:

    a. You musn't use potions or any items throughout your quest.
    The PokeCenter is your only way to heal/get rid of a status
    effect instantly.

    b. If a pokemon faints because of poison or a burn, it is
    gone forever.

    c. You must use items for everything: you are forbidden to
    use the PokeCenter to heal. Use PokeMarts.

    d. Freebee! No given rule for #1. Lucky you.

    2. If you answered:

    a. Once you reach three pokemon or more, you must
    release one every time you beat a gym.

    b. You are forbidden to use items while in battle. You
    may only use items after the battle is over.

    c. You may not use the box to store new pokemon.You must
    release old ones to gain new ones.

    d. If you lose on the 3rd, 5th, or 7th gym leader the first
    time that you face them, then you must start a new game.

    3. If you answered:

    a. You are forbidden to use normal-type pokemon, and
    any pokemon that has a dual-normal type.

    b. At least one pokemon on your team has to be
    fighting-type.

    c. You must have at least one dark type pokemon on your
    team.

    d. You are forbidden from using fighting types and
    dual-fighting type pokemon.

    4.If you answered:

    a. You may perform 1 spin trade after you beat the fourth
    gym. No more than 1. This is not required. Both eggs have
    to be legit.

    b. You are not allowed to save until you beat two gym
    leaders. Once all eight gyms have been beaten, you may
    save whenever you desire. (so, you may only save after
    you beat the 2nd, 4th, and 6th gym leader.)

    c. You are not allowed to buy more than 6 pokeballs. You
    may use pokeballs you have obtained by other means.
    By pokeball, I refer to every type of pokeball:
    (great, ultra, nest, master, etc.)

    d. If a pokemon faints, it dies, UNLESS it dies of a burn
    or poisoning.

    Sign-Up Form:

    Spoiler:

    Username:
    Pokemon Game:
    Rules:
    X, X, X, X

    Loopholes/Extra:
    Spoiler:

    Rules 4d and 1b:
    If you got rules 4d and 1b, then both of the rules cancel
    out each other and you don't have to follow either one.
    Rule 2a:
    If you reached three pokemon at one point, and ended up at
    one, and then beat a gym, you must release that
    one pokemon. In otherwords, game over, start a New Game.

      #2854    
    Old July 23rd, 2012 (7:51 AM).
    Alpha King's Avatar
    Alpha King Alpha King is offline
    Man's Best Friend
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: USA (MD)
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,071

    I had an idea of doing a Team Magma/Aqua challenge. You would choose a team and your pokemon would have to correspond. Magma would get Fire and Ground. Aqua would get Water and Dark. They cannot intertwine though; for example, Swampert, Quagsire, etc. would be banned because they are both Water and Ground. There would be exceptions, though, Magma can use Mightyena and Absol, and a few other dark types. They would both be able to use the Crobat line, the Weezing line, Raticate line, Linoone line, Watchog line, etc. The only problem I think is that I feel like it's kind of just another "here's the criteria, so pick a pokemon" game, but it's new!

    Also, has anyone thought about the alphabet challenge before? I though I saw it here but I don't see it..

    __________________


      #2855    
    Old July 23rd, 2012 (12:02 PM).
    jdthebud's Avatar
    jdthebud jdthebud is offline
    Engineering Solutions
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Washington, USA
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 3,694

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WeightyWillBill View Post
    Also, has anyone thought about the alphabet challenge before? I though I saw it here but I don't see it..
    Yeah, it was the "Beginning Letter Challenge" iirc. I remember doing it on Yellow with N.

    __________________

      #2856    
    Old July 23rd, 2012 (1:14 PM).
    Perriechu's Avatar
    Perriechu Perriechu is offline
    no more sad songs
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: England
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 4,109

    Everyone should go sign up for the anime challenge. n_n

    __________________

    twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149

      #2857    
    Old July 24th, 2012 (1:29 AM). Edited July 24th, 2012 by Hann.
    Hann's Avatar
    Hann Hann is offline
    What's all the Buzz about...
       
      Join Date: Mar 2012
      Location: Belgium
      Age: 22
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 351

      I have a question. I've noticed some challenge threads have been started over like the Nuzlocke and monotype ones and I was wondering if the Combined Solo Challenge would be allowed to start over again too. Because I've noticed myrrhman hasn't updated the first post in a while. I do understand that this probably means he has a life and is quite busy with it, but I'd like to mention I have absolutely no life and have made an updated list where every completed challenge after the last update is listed in.
      I was just wondering so if it isn't possible, no problem. I'm always willing to give the complete list to myrrhman too.

      __________________

      Challenges:
      In Progress

      Completed
      SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Victreebel (Ruby), Golem (Sapphire), Weezing (Blue), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Mr. Mime (X), Pinsir (Red), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Red, Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Suicune (Fire Red), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green, Ruby), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
      MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
      MT - Bug (Fire Red), Grass (Platinum), Normal (X), Rock (Soul Silver), Steel (Platinum)

        #2858    
      Old July 24th, 2012 (3:03 PM).
      myrrhman's Avatar
      myrrhman myrrhman is offline
      Challenge God
         
        Join Date: Feb 2010
        Location: Knoxville, TN
        Age: 26
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 1,824

        Wow, should have checked this before I checked my thread. I'm in the process of updating right now, I have all the updates through page 52, but yeah, a full list would be super mega helpful!

          #2859    
        Old July 26th, 2012 (2:02 AM).
        vaporeon7's Avatar
        vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline

        My life would suck without you

        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,154

        I suppose I'd better have a routine time where I update the Nuzlocke challenge thread, every couple of days maybe? I still need to do more of mine though.

        __________________

          #2860    
        Old July 26th, 2012 (4:36 AM).
        myrrhman's Avatar
        myrrhman myrrhman is offline
        Challenge God
           
          Join Date: Feb 2010
          Location: Knoxville, TN
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 1,824

          I used to update at the beginning of every month, but then I took a laziness to the me.

            #2861    
          Old July 26th, 2012 (6:33 PM).
          darkpokeball's Avatar
          darkpokeball darkpokeball is offline
          Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
             
            Join Date: Feb 2010
            Location: In your nightmares
            Posts: 770

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
            Okay, I wrote up a super rushed challenge, before a little bit of refinement. Now, I want to post this on PC, but FIRST, I want to smooth out anything that may seem confusing. Tell me anything that seems confusing or anything that would prevent you from the joining the challenge:

            Pokemon: Region's End Challenge
            Objective:
            After answering questiosn about how you would go about the
            events of your Region's End, you get specified rules. The
            Region's End storyline does not exist outside of the questions
            and is only to help decide your custom rules.

            Rules/How to Play:

            Spoiler:
            --You will get four questions. Each of them has an
            A,B,C, or D choice. Answer each then open the spoiler tag
            to find out what your custom rules are for the REC.

            --You are not allowed to spin trade, trade, hack, or recieve
            any assistance from other games(Unless permission is given by
            either rule or darkpokeball)

            --The following games are banned from the challenge:
            Original Red, Original Blue, Black 2, White 2

            --If you are using HG/SS, then you may not use the
            PokeWalker until you beat the challenge.

            --When the challenge is beaten:
            Yellow: Beat the E4.Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
            FireRed/Leafgreen: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
            G/S/C/HG/SS: Beat the E4. Extra: Beat Red.
            R/S/E: Beat Steven. Extra: Beat/Catch Rayquaza.
            D/P/PT: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf.
            B/W: Beat Alder. Extra: Catch/Beat Kyurem.


            The Four Questions:
            Spoiler:
            1. Your region is being destroyed by the legendary Palkia!
            Many are struggling onto the ship to get to a new, safe
            region. However, to get onto the ship, you need a pass.
            Each pass only supports:
            1 person
            1 pokemon
            You come across two passes, and you have to choose who
            to give the second pass to!
            Who do you give it too?

            a. The one that you are engaged too(who'll bring
            his/her Snubull that doesn't battle, it's more of a
            house pet)

            b. Your aunt, who has always looked after you, (who will
            take your second most prized pokemon aside from the one
            that you are bringing)

            c. Hunter, the smuggler(he is a warm-hearted gentleman
            that can bring the rest of your team across w/o anyone
            noticing)

            d. Marvella, the little girl, because nobody deserves to
            die at this young an age(who'll bring her Jigglypuff)

            2. You have made it to the new region, your old one gone.
            Suddenly, the policeman confiscate your pokemon! What do
            you do?

            a. You don't need your prized pokemon, you have a bright
            future ahead to start anew

            b. Cry out and demand that they give it back!

            c. Vow to steal it back when the time is right, and quietly
            move along

            d. Break into a tantrum and have a fit until they give in
            and return your pokemon

            3. One year into your new life and you're suddenly arrested!
            The policemen say you're up for execution. What do you do?

            a. This is fate. Let it happen.

            b. Try to escape, do whatever it takes

            c. Demand to know why you're here, and verbally assault them

            d. Whimper and accept what has happened: this is the end

            4. You are in an electric chair, powered by Manetrics. With
            one flip of a switch, you're dead meat. What do you do?

            a. Ask for a few last words, and then give an inspiring
            speech. You're going out with a bang.

            b. Cry out and insult the guards, you don't deserve this.
            Who are they to try to do this to you?

            c. All according to plan...you have a complex escape
            planned out within your mind...

            d. Close your eyes and brace yourself.

            Your REC rules:
            Whatever rule corresponds with the letter you chose
            for the given question is teh rule you must follow in the
            challenge.

            Spoiler:

            1. If you answered:

            a. You musn't use potions or any items throughout your quest.
            The PokeCenter is your only way to heal/get rid of a status
            effect instantly.

            b. If a pokemon faints because of poison or a burn, it is
            gone forever.

            c. You must use items for everything: you are forbidden to
            use the PokeCenter to heal. Use PokeMarts.

            d. Freebee! No given rule for #1. Lucky you.

            2. If you answered:

            a. Once you reach three pokemon or more, you must
            release one every time you beat a gym.

            b. You are forbidden to use items while in battle. You
            may only use items after the battle is over.

            c. You may not use the box to store new pokemon.You must
            release old ones to gain new ones.

            d. If you lose on the 3rd, 5th, or 7th gym leader the first
            time that you face them, then you must start a new game.

            3. If you answered:

            a. You are forbidden to use normal-type pokemon, and
            any pokemon that has a dual-normal type.

            b. At least one pokemon on your team has to be
            fighting-type.

            c. You must have at least one dark type pokemon on your
            team.

            d. You are forbidden from using fighting types and
            dual-fighting type pokemon.

            4.If you answered:

            a. You may perform 1 spin trade after you beat the fourth
            gym. No more than 1. This is not required. Both eggs have
            to be legit.

            b. You are not allowed to save until you beat two gym
            leaders. Once all eight gyms have been beaten, you may
            save whenever you desire. (so, you may only save after
            you beat the 2nd, 4th, and 6th gym leader.)

            c. You are not allowed to buy more than 6 pokeballs. You
            may use pokeballs you have obtained by other means.
            By pokeball, I refer to every type of pokeball:
            (great, ultra, nest, master, etc.)

            d. If a pokemon faints, it dies, UNLESS it dies of a burn
            or poisoning.

            Sign-Up Form:

            Spoiler:

            Username:
            Pokemon Game:
            Rules:
            X, X, X, X

            Loopholes/Extra:
            Spoiler:

            Rules 4d and 1b:
            If you got rules 4d and 1b, then both of the rules cancel
            out each other and you don't have to follow either one.
            Rule 2a:
            If you reached three pokemon at one point, and ended up at
            one, and then beat a gym, you must release that
            one pokemon. In otherwords, game over, start a New Game.
            *ahem* This^
            I can haz suggestion/critiscm?

            __________________

            My Chainsaw Meowth is currently missing! If you have a lead or think you know something, PLEASE PM ME! I am desperately searching, and I dread the possibility that I may never find him...
            On a side note, if anybody can answer the following question right, then they get a mystery prize! *Must have a Gen V game to claim prize*
            Question: What the heck did Jinora do in the finale?! I don't get it! I know 90% of you won't know what I'm talking about, but I need an answer!

              #2862    
            Old July 30th, 2012 (8:46 AM).
            Sydian's Avatar
            Sydian Sydian is offline

            case CLOSED.

            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2008
            Location: Alabama
            Age: 25
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 32,105

            First thing to change is the spoilers. ;( Just nitpicking, but I hate when people put all the rules and explanations in spoilers. It's annoying to have to open them up just to read the rules. Spoilers are meant to hide, well, spoilers. So the rules are spoilers!? RUH ROH. And it's also used to save room, but it seems silly to hide the rules. Hide the challenger/champion list sure, cause that's gonna grow and grow and grow. But not the rules.

            Other than that, I'm not even awake to read the rules and such. yawn.

            __________________

            ≫ they took a little look at my heart
            they found a prince living behind bars ≪

            challenges | klippy

              #2863    
            Old August 3rd, 2012 (3:15 PM).
            myrrhman's Avatar
            myrrhman myrrhman is offline
            Challenge God
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Location: Knoxville, TN
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Sassy
              Posts: 1,824

              Sorry to do this, Syd, but I can't stand this thread being under the unapproved challenges. So, how was your day?

                #2864    
              Old August 6th, 2012 (4:01 AM).
              vaporeon7's Avatar
              vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline

              My life would suck without you

              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 5,154

              My day was awful, I'm never taking these sleeping pills again. Also Ekans's Wrap is fun to abuse in Red.

              __________________

                #2865    
              Old August 6th, 2012 (11:46 AM).
              myrrhman's Avatar
              myrrhman myrrhman is offline
              Challenge God
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2010
                Location: Knoxville, TN
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Sassy
                Posts: 1,824

                So as many of you hopefully know, I play my Pokemanz on emulators. One time I was fighting a bellsprout, and something glitched, because he used Wrap on me and it didn't stop. Not like he outsped me and kept using Wrap, he used it once and it said "the attack continues" over and over til I died. So... I dislike Wrap.

                  #2866    
                Old August 7th, 2012 (10:36 AM).
                Sydian's Avatar
                Sydian Sydian is offline

                case CLOSED.

                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2008
                Location: Alabama
                Age: 25
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 32,105

                GUYS I bought a Game Boy Color today. :) It's green. I'm playing Crystal for PUaP today. ON A GBC. AWWWW YEAH.

                __________________

                ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                challenges | klippy

                  #2867    
                Old August 7th, 2012 (10:49 AM).
                rpg man's Avatar
                rpg man rpg man is offline
                My new account is Critx
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                  Location: I Live with a Latias...Yep......
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naughty
                  Posts: 138

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                  GUYS I bought a Game Boy Color today. It's green. I'm playing Crystal for PUaP today. ON A GBC. AWWWW YEAH.

                  I have like 6...AWWWW YEAH,,,,

                  __________________

                  My new account is Critx!

                  I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man

                    #2868    
                  Old August 8th, 2012 (4:31 AM).
                  vaporeon7's Avatar
                  vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline

                  My life would suck without you

                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 5,154

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                  GUYS I bought a Game Boy Color today. :) It's green. I'm playing Crystal for PUaP today. ON A GBC. AWWWW YEAH.

                  OMG I'm soooo jealous. I recently just dropped in my Gold to get the battery done.

                  __________________

                    #2869    
                  Old August 8th, 2012 (2:28 PM).
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline

                  case CLOSED.

                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 25
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,105

                  I'm going to have to get my Silver's battery replaced. :( It died the other day. Very sad. btw, when I played Crystal for PUaP yesterday, it asked me to reset the time and day. @_@ Does this happen to GS as well? Does this mean it's gonna die soon? Or did it just extend its life? I'm soooo confused, haha.

                  Also I have Blue for PUaP today and it's nice playing on my GBC cause like...the cartridge will freeze if it slightly taps something, and the way it sticks out on an SP or GBA makes it easy to happen but it's nice and safe in the GBC so that hasn't happened yet. :3 Makes me happyyyyy. I could play it in the Game Boy as well but...lol...

                  speaking of puap thank you for posting in there vappy omg i hate editing over and over to update. XD

                  __________________

                  ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                  they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                  challenges | klippy

                    #2870    
                  Old August 8th, 2012 (3:10 PM).
                  Gulpin's Avatar
                  Gulpin Gulpin is offline
                  poisonous
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2006
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 3,273

                  After a way too long break from challenges (not an intentional break, I just had too much to do) I've finally started to actually start (and complete!) some challenges! A few weeks ago I started a trio challenge with Salamence, Froslass, and Carracosta on Black and had a bunch of fun completing it. Since then I decided to start a duo species challenge on Black with Volbeat and Illumise (4 badges!) as well as a grass type ultimate monotype, which I've already started on Pokemon Blue with two badges! I haven't played a GameBoy game in so long, but since I found my SP charger this morning, I decided I would give an ultimate monotype a go! Also, where do you get the battery fixed and how much does it cost? I'm having the same problem as Syd with my Crystal cartridge.

                  __________________

                  < < < I know you want these lumps

                    #2871    
                  Old August 8th, 2012 (3:46 PM).
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline

                  case CLOSED.

                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 25
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,105

                  My friend linked me to a battery on Amazon that was like $1.79 and no shipping charge. But he also mentioned they might have them in Radio Shack, so if you have one nearby, you could check that out. And I imagine stores similar to RS might have them as well. I'm going to check some time next week perhaps.

                  __________________

                  ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                  they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                  challenges | klippy

                    #2872    
                  Old August 10th, 2012 (5:00 PM).
                  vaporeon7's Avatar
                  vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline

                  My life would suck without you

                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 5,154

                  I just got my Gold back from my local Gametraders, it was good that I didn't have to organise a battery, they did the whole thing!

                  __________________

                    #2873    
                  Old August 12th, 2012 (6:51 PM).
                  Gulpin's Avatar
                  Gulpin Gulpin is offline
                  poisonous
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2006
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 3,273

                  I just got finished replacing the battery in my Silver cartridge. It really wasn't that difficult to do, and all I had to go out to get so I could do it were the batteries. I still need to do the same to my Gold and Crystal games, but I'll save that for later. This is like the 3rd time restarting my Johto Grass monotype run because it wouldn't save. First with Gold that ended up not saving, then again with the same problem in Silver. But now I have it fixed so I can continue my challenges!

                  __________________

                  < < < I know you want these lumps

                    #2874    
                  Old August 28th, 2012 (11:26 AM).
                  vaporeon7's Avatar
                  vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline

                  My life would suck without you

                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 5,154

                  This thread needs a life injection so...

                  Does anyone else still hoard TMs, even on a challenge where you won't use them on your planned team?

                  __________________

                    #2875    
                  Old August 28th, 2012 (12:38 PM).
                  Hann's Avatar
                  Hann Hann is offline
                  What's all the Buzz about...
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2012
                    Location: Belgium
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 351

                    Yeah, I'm absolutely always hoarding TMs. Black and White were a blessing to me because TMs could be reused.
                    Getting all TMs was like an unofficial challenge next to getting the gym badges. Even now I only use them in challenges and even then I feel a little awkward when there's one missing from the list (I'm a bit OCD like that) and I like getting all of them every game even those from the game corner (I've stopped doing that in challenges though, money shortage :D).
                    Using a TM simply could not do. They were and still are more like collectibles to me.

                    __________________

                    Challenges:
                    In Progress

                    Completed
                    SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Victreebel (Ruby), Golem (Sapphire), Weezing (Blue), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Mr. Mime (X), Pinsir (Red), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Red, Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Suicune (Fire Red), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green, Ruby), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
                    MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
                    MT - Bug (Fire Red), Grass (Platinum), Normal (X), Rock (Soul Silver), Steel (Platinum)

                    Closed Thread
                    Quick Reply

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off
                    Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:26 AM.