Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #4351    
Old November 30th, 2013 (6:59 AM).
PKMNtrainer X PKMNtrainer X is offline
     
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Natnew View Post
    I think you should make the "no store items" optional. that can get hard.
    true, but that is the point of a challenge. You find a hell of a lot of items you need including paralyze, burn,ice heal, antidote, awakening, full heal and a lot of potions. You can buy super potion equivelants from this girl on the street by the dozen and later on higher hp restoring items as well. plus poison doesnt do step damage in this game anymore, only if you use the pokemon that is poisoned during fights.

    Plus you get revives, max revives and full restores from the helpers of Sycamore.

    I am thinking of making not using O-powers on your own pokemon optional.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #4352    
    Old November 30th, 2013 (5:15 PM).
    Dr Rose Dr Rose is offline
       
      Join Date: Nov 2013
      Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
      Age: 27
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 16
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Huggermugger View Post
      As far as Dr. Rose`s challenge idea goes, I can see at least some of the issue of a limited Pokemon pool is alleviated by the fact that literally anything can learn Toxic. The way I see it Toxic would be one of the most powerful moves in this kind of challenge.

      If you end up doing it, I`ll totally sign up, seems super intriguing.

      I think I'm going to. Give me a week or so to get things straightened out, get a helper list of some sort of all the techniques I can think of that would be viable for the challenge, and make sure something is available early enough in each generation to do it.

      I agree with Toxic being the catch-all in the challenge, you just need to get around poison/steel types with that one.
        #4353    
      Old December 2nd, 2013 (10:45 AM).
      Zappaman's Avatar
      Zappaman Zappaman is offline
         
        Join Date: Nov 2013
        Posts: 8
        Hey guys I was just wondering what would you think about a challange where you can't pick which move the pokemon uses. The pokemon has 4 moves you use a random number generator or draw a card , roll a dice or anything that could randomly decide between the 4 moves that the pokemon has. This would force you to have a moveset in which every move is effective. I'm thinking about this mainly because i loved battle palace in emerald and I wanted to incorporate it into the rest of the game

        short version:
        challange where you randomly pick which moves you use
          #4354    
        Old December 2nd, 2013 (12:25 PM).
        Necrum's Avatar
        Necrum Necrum is offline
        I AM THE REAL SONIC
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Portland, OR
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,207
        I lost my bag of games guys! I don't know what to do... So much time and money in such a small bag. Pretty much means I won't be able to do much Challenging until I can either find or replace what I lost. I really hate my life right now.
          #4355    
        Old December 2nd, 2013 (12:31 PM).
        Sydian's Avatar
        Sydian Sydian is offline
        rob the rich !
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2008
        Location: Alabama
        Age: 25
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 32,177
        Quote:
        Hey guys I was just wondering what would you think about a challange where you can't pick which move the pokemon uses. The pokemon has 4 moves you use a random number generator or draw a card , roll a dice or anything that could randomly decide between the 4 moves that the pokemon has. This would force you to have a moveset in which every move is effective. I'm thinking about this mainly because i loved battle palace in emerald and I wanted to incorporate it into the rest of the game
        Sounds neat! Not something ideal for if you're always on the go though, since you may not have a way to access an RNG or something right then. But I think it could work. :o

        Quote:
        I lost my bag of games guys! I don't know what to do... So much time and money in such a small bag. Pretty much means I won't be able to do much Challenging until I can either find or replace what I lost. I really hate my life right now.
        I'm so sorry! :( -loans you my extras- I really hope it turns up somewhere.
        __________________

        ≫ take your heart !
        challenges | klippy
          #4356    
        Old December 3rd, 2013 (11:00 AM).
        PKMNtrainer X PKMNtrainer X is offline
           
          Join Date: Nov 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 13
          Could a mod please give me feedback on my challenge that is awaiting approval? I also wish to add that it is possible to get a 6th member in the challenge by adding a fossilized pokemon found in the smashable rocks. (including old amber for aerodactyl)
            #4357    
          Old December 3rd, 2013 (12:31 PM).
          Sydian's Avatar
          Sydian Sydian is offline
          rob the rich !
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2008
          Location: Alabama
          Age: 25
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 32,177
          Quote:
          Could a mod please give me feedback on my challenge that is awaiting approval? I also wish to add that it is possible to get a 6th member in the challenge by adding a fossilized pokemon found in the smashable rocks. (including old amber for aerodactyl)
          I'm about to check them. Next time, you're free to PM me if your challenge has been waiting for at least 24 hours. I'm the only mod, so it's easier to message me than posting in this thread, otherwise I might not see it.
          __________________

          ≫ take your heart !
          challenges | klippy
            #4358    
          Old December 3rd, 2013 (1:43 PM).
          PKMNtrainer X PKMNtrainer X is offline
             
            Join Date: Nov 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 13
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
            I'm about to check them. Next time, you're free to PM me if your challenge has been waiting for at least 24 hours. I'm the only mod, so it's easier to message me than posting in this thread, otherwise I might not see it.
            Thnx, I was hoping to run it together with maybe a few people. I just got so far ahead that I just feel like people wouldnt get interested in running this since there are so many alternative populair runs. Anyway, I feel I got most of the stuff in the post that I wanted to share so I'm still pretty happy with it now.

            And I will send a PM in the future.
              #4359    
            Old December 3rd, 2013 (2:10 PM).
            Dr Rose Dr Rose is offline
               
              Join Date: Nov 2013
              Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
              Age: 27
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 16
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Zappaman View Post
              Hey guys I was just wondering what would you think about a challange where you can't pick which move the pokemon uses. The pokemon has 4 moves you use a random number generator or draw a card , roll a dice or anything that could randomly decide between the 4 moves that the pokemon has. This would force you to have a moveset in which every move is effective. I'm thinking about this mainly because i loved battle palace in emerald and I wanted to incorporate it into the rest of the game

              short version:
              challange where you randomly pick which moves you use
              I do agree with Sydian regarding the on-the-go difficulty, in addition to the fact that it would become extraordinarily tedious to re-randomize every move you make.

              ... I would be rather amused seeing that in combination with the Delta Species Challenge though.

              ~Rose
                #4360    
              Old December 4th, 2013 (4:06 AM).
              Feraligatr13's Avatar
              Feraligatr13 Feraligatr13 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2011
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 417
                Ok, still not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I'm just going to do it.

                This is an urgent message for anyone who is experienced with running a challenge and/or wants to become a challenge owner.

                I am willing to give away one of my threads, the Hunger Games Challenge, to someone else who has the time and willpower to manage it, because I only have enough of those for one. A quick link to the challenge is in my signature, if you would like to view it. PM me if you are interested, but if I don't get a reply by around Christmas, I'm just going to scrap it. If you want it, also realize that this challenge is not one of the popular challenges, so don't get frustrated if no one posts.

                If this is in the wrong spot, someone please direct me to the right spot.
                  #4361    
                Old December 4th, 2013 (8:24 AM).
                Necrum's Avatar
                Necrum Necrum is offline
                I AM THE REAL SONIC
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2012
                Location: Portland, OR
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 5,207
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Samurott01 View Post
                Ok, still not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I'm just going to do it.

                This is an urgent message for anyone who is experienced with running a challenge and/or wants to become a challenge owner.

                I am willing to give away one of my threads, the Hunger Games Challenge, to someone else who has the time and willpower to manage it, because I only have enough of those for one. A quick link to the challenge is in my signature, if you would like to view it. PM me if you are interested, but if I don't get a reply by around Christmas, I'm just going to scrap it. If you want it, also realize that this challenge is not one of the popular challenges, so don't get frustrated if no one posts.

                If this is in the wrong spot, someone please direct me to the right spot.
                I'm fairly certain this is the right spot. It's really for Syd to say, but this is the only thread we have for just talking. Sadly I know nothing about the Hunger Games, so I can't help you.
                  #4362    
                Old December 4th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
                Natnew's Avatar
                Natnew Natnew is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 221
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PKMNtrainer X View Post
                  true, but that is the point of a challenge. You find a hell of a lot of items you need including paralyze, burn,ice heal, antidote, awakening, full heal and a lot of potions. You can buy super potion equivelants from this girl on the street by the dozen and later on higher hp restoring items as well. plus poison doesnt do step damage in this game anymore, only if you use the pokemon that is poisoned during fights.

                  Plus you get revives, max revives and full restores from the helpers of Sycamore.

                  I am thinking of making not using O-powers on your own pokemon optional.
                  I didn't know you were referring to X and Y only... it wasn't clear
                  __________________
                  Completed Chalenges on Pokémon Pearl
                  Electric Monotype
                  No-Catch Challenge hard mode
                  Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
                  Budew Solo Run
                  Azurill Solo Run
                  friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
                    #4363    
                  Old December 4th, 2013 (6:37 PM).
                  Captain Gizmo's Avatar
                  Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
                  Legit Boss
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 4,824
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Samurott01 View Post
                  Ok, still not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I'm just going to do it.

                  This is an urgent message for anyone who is experienced with running a challenge and/or wants to become a challenge owner.

                  I am willing to give away one of my threads, the Hunger Games Challenge, to someone else who has the time and willpower to manage it, because I only have enough of those for one. A quick link to the challenge is in my signature, if you would like to view it. PM me if you are interested, but if I don't get a reply by around Christmas, I'm just going to scrap it. If you want it, also realize that this challenge is not one of the popular challenges, so don't get frustrated if no one posts.

                  If this is in the wrong spot, someone please direct me to the right spot.


                  I'm willing to own it for the sake of other people wanting to do the challenge later on.
                  __________________
                  ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
                  |3DS FC|
                    #4364    
                  Old December 4th, 2013 (7:39 PM).
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline
                  rob the rich !
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 25
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,177
                  I'm really into Hunger Games right now, and was thinking of making a Hunger Games challenge, but remembered we already had one. I was thinking of looking through and maybe revamping it to hopefully raise its popularity. But idk what game I would participate on. I have open gen V games, I think. But yeah, if no one else wants it, I'll probably scoop it up, if you don't mind me changing some things around.
                  __________________

                  ≫ take your heart !
                  challenges | klippy
                    #4365    
                  Old December 4th, 2013 (8:10 PM).
                  Captain Gizmo's Avatar
                  Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
                  Legit Boss
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 4,824
                  Ohhh, Syd got some revamp ideas on the Hunger Games challenge? I'd love to see this
                  __________________
                  ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
                  |3DS FC|
                    #4366    
                  Old December 4th, 2013 (8:19 PM). Edited December 4th, 2013 by Sydian.
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline
                  rob the rich !
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 25
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,177
                  It proooobably wouldn't be major. I have to read it a bit and let the creative juices flow, but you offered before me, so if you want it, you can take it haha.

                  Edit: OKAY NEVERMIND it would be almost completely different the way I was gonna do it. Well that shakes that then! lol That one is more in tune with the whole series and the districts and stuff. The one I was planning is more about the actual games and more Nuzlocke-esque than Duotype-esque, like the current one.
                  __________________

                  ≫ take your heart !
                  challenges | klippy
                    #4367    
                  Old December 4th, 2013 (8:45 PM).
                  Captain Gizmo's Avatar
                  Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
                  Legit Boss
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 4,824
                  Ah, okay haha. Then if no one else feels interested in taling the challenge then I'll take over no problem at all.
                  __________________
                  ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
                  |3DS FC|
                    #4368    
                  Old December 4th, 2013 (9:29 PM).
                  Necrum's Avatar
                  Necrum Necrum is offline
                  I AM THE REAL SONIC
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                  Location: Portland, OR
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 5,207
                  Good news everyone! I started rebuilding my collection today by buying a GBA SP and a copy of Silver Version (With working battery that tells time!). So I'll be kicking off my long road of rebuilding with a monotype. What type do you guys think I should do on Silver Version?
                    #4369    
                  Old December 4th, 2013 (9:43 PM).
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline
                  rob the rich !
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 25
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,177
                  Maybe I could make a challenge called "The OTHER Hunger Games Challenge" cause lmfao I still really wanna do this, but going with the existing one would change it into a completely different challenge.
                  __________________

                  ≫ take your heart !
                  challenges | klippy
                    #4370    
                  Old December 5th, 2013 (3:59 AM).
                  Feraligatr13's Avatar
                  Feraligatr13 Feraligatr13 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 417
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                    I'm really into Hunger Games right now, and was thinking of making a Hunger Games challenge, but remembered we already had one. I was thinking of looking through and maybe revamping it to hopefully raise its popularity. But idk what game I would participate on. I have open gen V games, I think. But yeah, if no one else wants it, I'll probably scoop it up, if you don't mind me changing some things around.
                    We have a winner! You want it, you can take it. I feel complete with the one I made myself. Idk, maybe you can make it more popular. But go ahead and change away!
                      #4371    
                    Old December 5th, 2013 (1:00 PM).
                    Sydian's Avatar
                    Sydian Sydian is offline
                    rob the rich !
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2008
                    Location: Alabama
                    Age: 25
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 32,177
                    Quote:
                    We have a winner! You want it, you can take it. I feel complete with the one I made myself. Idk, maybe you can make it more popular. But go ahead and change away!
                    I think I'll let LilJz take it. n___n I'd rather not rewrite the whole thing. If I decide to post the one I'd like to make, then maybe LilJz and I can work out something to where they have different names so people aren't as confused, since they'd both be based off The Hunger Games haha. But I'd rather not mess up the hard work that was put into the one you made.
                    __________________

                    ≫ take your heart !
                    challenges | klippy
                      #4372    
                    Old December 5th, 2013 (2:01 PM).
                    Natnew's Avatar
                    Natnew Natnew is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 221
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dr Rose View Post
                      As far as number two goes, its more... well, think about it. Any moves such as fire spin don't really do much damage on the turn it is used, its more the DoT affect that does the damage. That being said, you have to survive being hit by your opponent while they slowly die from the DoTs you are using (In the case of weather, techniques like wrap, poison, and leech seed)

                      The only high damaging attack I can honestly think of would be Future Sight, and even then you have to wait a few turns for it to hit, so you have to survive being hit while your attack goes through.
                      if I would do it, roserade would be my main person because leech seed + toxic + toxic spikes + synthesis + all by level up is just too good to pass off.
                      __________________
                      Completed Chalenges on Pokémon Pearl
                      Electric Monotype
                      No-Catch Challenge hard mode
                      Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
                      Budew Solo Run
                      Azurill Solo Run
                      friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
                        #4373    
                      Old December 5th, 2013 (6:37 PM).
                      Captain Gizmo's Avatar
                      Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
                      Legit Boss
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2012
                      Location: Canada
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 4,824
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                      I think I'll let LilJz take it. n___n I'd rather not rewrite the whole thing. If I decide to post the one I'd like to make, then maybe LilJz and I can work out something to where they have different names so people aren't as confused, since they'd both be based off The Hunger Games haha. But I'd rather not mess up the hard work that was put into the one you made.


                      I'm actually interested in your challenge. I wNt yu to make it
                      Ofc we'll have to change the title of it a little bit and we'll even post on the challenge that they have another Hunger Games challwnge if it wasnt the one they weren't looking for
                      __________________
                      ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
                      |3DS FC|
                        #4374    
                      Old December 5th, 2013 (6:50 PM).
                      Dr Rose Dr Rose is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2013
                        Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
                        Age: 27
                        Nature: Quirky
                        Posts: 16
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Natnew View Post
                        if I would do it, roserade would be my main person because leech seed + toxic + toxic spikes + synthesis + all by level up is just too good to pass off.
                        Until you fight a steel or poison type...
                          #4375    
                        Old December 5th, 2013 (7:37 PM).
                        Sydian's Avatar
                        Sydian Sydian is offline
                        rob the rich !
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Location: Alabama
                        Age: 25
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 32,177
                        Quote:
                        Ofc we'll have to change the title of it a little bit and we'll even post on the challenge that they have another Hunger Games challwnge if it wasnt the one they weren't looking for
                        Awesome, sounds like a plan! Guess I need to get myself on an urge to play gen V, since I think that's all I have available to restart haha. We can start discussing whenever I work out the bugs and such with mine and I've got a file cleared up for it and you've got reign of the current one. :>
                        __________________

                        ≫ take your heart !
                        challenges | klippy
                        Closed Thread

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off
                        Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:42 AM.