Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #4401    
Old December 16th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
Blastin'Tyruntz's Avatar
Blastin'Tyruntz Blastin'Tyruntz is offline
Ink is love. Ink is life. Inkay is meh.
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Israel
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hardy
    Posts: 1,087
    Is this a general talk? If it is, i'm doing a Fire Sacred gold (Heart gold hack) monotype, i can't beat Chuck because of the stupid Poliwrath with Surf. Anyone has a startegy?
    Really could help me, i wanted to do ultimate but i was afraid of this kind of things, the only ultimate i did in my life ended in failure at Pokemon Black after i came with no healing to N....dang. Anyway, back to topic, how can i defeat a That crazy-ass poliwrath?
    __________________
    ~Made by Pebbles~
    Randomizer Nuzlocke- black 1/8
    Nuzlocke- Insurgence (Dark story) 0/8

    Relevant Advertising!

      #4402    
    Old December 16th, 2013 (2:47 PM). Edited December 16th, 2013 by Sydian.
    Sydian's Avatar
    Sydian Sydian is offline
    i'm not jesus
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Age: 25
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 32,179
    Quote:
    Is this a general talk? If it is, i'm doing a Fire Sacred gold (Heart gold hack) monotype, i can't beat Chuck because of the stupid Poliwrath with Surf. Anyone has a startegy?
    Really could help me, i wanted to do ultimate but i was afraid of this kind of things, the only ultimate i did in my life ended in failure at Pokemon Black after i came with no healing to N....dang. Anyway, back to topic, how can i defeat a That crazy-ass poliwrath?
    Well, what do you have? And what challenge are you doing?

    Edit: -walks in with cane- Anyone want a trip in challenge history? So far into history, it's a challenge before this forum? Stumbled across this... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194578 (Don't post in it!!)
    __________________

    ≫ i will not forgive ≪
    challenges | klippy
      #4403    
    Old December 17th, 2013 (8:29 AM).
    James's Avatar
    James James is offline
    Make it double!
       
      Join Date: Dec 2009
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hardy
      Posts: 95
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Guy View Post
      That's an amazing feat you've got going and a great challenge to set for yourself. I wish you a lot of luck on it. You've already done better than me, I just don't have the patience to catch 'em all anymore. Or the time!

      I moved this on over here to the Challenges forum since it didn't exactly fit in X/Y entirely, but I'm sure Everlark can merge it into the DCC here where it'd probably fit a lot better.
      I cool. When i saw that the thread was gone i thought it had been deleted. Thanks for moving it to where it belonged
      __________________
      To leave a Trade Review CLICK HERE
        #4404    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (9:55 AM).
      Necrum's Avatar
      Necrum Necrum is offline
      I AM THE REAL SONIC
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2012
      Location: Portland, OR
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 5,207
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
      Well, what do you have? And what challenge are you doing?

      Edit: -walks in with cane- Anyone want a trip in challenge history? So far into history, it's a challenge before this forum? Stumbled across this... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194578 (Don't post in it!!)
      Wow that's an interesting challenge I would never put myself through.
        #4405    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (1:22 PM).
      Ahri's Avatar
      Ahri Ahri is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Dec 2012
      Location: All over the Pokéworld
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 1,035
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
      Well, what do you have? And what challenge are you doing?

      Edit: -walks in with cane- Anyone want a trip in challenge history? So far into history, it's a challenge before this forum? Stumbled across this... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194578 (Don't post in it!!)

      LOL!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
      Wow that's an interesting challenge I would never put myself through.
      Are you EFFIN KIDDING ME PAIR?!? I'd CUT my way to victory! And ROCK SMASH all of my enemies then FLASH my victories about, to show my STRENGTH while DIVING in the crowd, enjoying a WATERFALL of applause until a WHIRLPOOL forms in my mind and then I'll ROCK CLIMB my way out of the crowd to DEFOG my brain and then my awesome team and I will FLY into the sunset and forever be champions! *-*
      __________________


      If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

        #4406    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (1:37 PM).
      Sydian's Avatar
      Sydian Sydian is offline
      i'm not jesus
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2008
      Location: Alabama
      Age: 25
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 32,179
      Kagami has the spirit! I did actually finish that lmao. It was hard, actually. Maybe I'll post it again someday.
      __________________

      ≫ i will not forgive ≪
      challenges | klippy
        #4407    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (1:40 PM).
      Ahri's Avatar
      Ahri Ahri is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Dec 2012
      Location: All over the Pokéworld
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 1,035
      I think I'll play it for the sake of playing it at some point xD
      __________________


      If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

        #4408    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (1:55 PM).
      Zorogami's Avatar
      Zorogami Zorogami is offline
      WUB WUB
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Location: Madrid/Spain
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 2,169
      I was thinking of creating an Egglocke challenge, and i was wondering if someone here has participated in one or maybe even created one and has some experience with it? Since it would require for me to create a whole bunch of eggs beforehand and all that, maybe you guys have some advice for me?
      __________________

      ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
        #4409    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (2:01 PM).
      Sydian's Avatar
      Sydian Sydian is offline
      i'm not jesus
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2008
      Location: Alabama
      Age: 25
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 32,179
      Quote:
      I was thinking of creating an Egglocke challenge, and i was wondering if someone here has participated in one or maybe even created one and has some experience with it? Since it would require for me to create a whole bunch of eggs beforehand and all that, maybe you guys have some advice for me?
      My advice would be good luck. Lockes are popular, and since Egglocke is different enough from a regular Nuzlocke, I'd allow it to have its own thread. But like I said, it'd be popular, so if you're not around to trade eggs very often, I wouldn't make it, or assign trusted participants to also send eggs out to other players.

      Also, I recommend making it for XY only, or BW2 only. Making it for all wifi compatible games would be a huge hassle because you'd have to have a bunch of eggs in more than one gen and that can get annoying.
      __________________

      ≫ i will not forgive ≪
      challenges | klippy
        #4410    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (2:17 PM).
      Zorogami's Avatar
      Zorogami Zorogami is offline
      WUB WUB
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Location: Madrid/Spain
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 2,169
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
      My advice would be good luck. Lockes are popular, and since Egglocke is different enough from a regular Nuzlocke, I'd allow it to have its own thread. But like I said, it'd be popular, so if you're not around to trade eggs very often, I wouldn't make it, or assign trusted participants to also send eggs out to other players.

      Also, I recommend making it for XY only, or BW2 only. Making it for all wifi compatible games would be a huge hassle because you'd have to have a bunch of eggs in more than one gen and that can get annoying.
      First of all thanks a lot! What i actually thought of doing, just to make it easier, would be to create a save file for either B2 or W2 and have most of the boxes full with Eggs created on Pokegen or similar. That way everyone can play at their pace and all i had to do would be to provide a .sav file and thats about it. Or wouldnt i be allowed to provide a .sav file?
      __________________

      ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
        #4411    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (3:02 PM).
      Sydian's Avatar
      Sydian Sydian is offline
      i'm not jesus
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2008
      Location: Alabama
      Age: 25
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 32,179
      Quote:
      First of all thanks a lot! What i actually thought of doing, just to make it easier, would be to create a save file for either B2 or W2 and have most of the boxes full with Eggs created on Pokegen or similar. That way everyone can play at their pace and all i had to do would be to provide a .sav file and thats about it. Or wouldnt i be allowed to provide a .sav file?
      Yes, that's fine with me since this is one of those challenges that would rely on something like that. I've allowed hacked eggs before in the Scrambled Egg Challenge before, so this just falls into that category imo.

      Also everyone, make sure you vote in the MOTY ballot for Challenges! It's stickied and severly lacking in participation. You only need to vote in two categories for it to count. That's not asking too much, is it? -puppy eyes-
      __________________

      ≫ i will not forgive ≪
      challenges | klippy
        #4412    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (3:50 PM).
      Zorogami's Avatar
      Zorogami Zorogami is offline
      WUB WUB
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Location: Madrid/Spain
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 2,169
      Alright awesome!! Ill get started on creating the eggs then :D
      And of course ill go ahead and vote as well
      __________________

      ~ Anything for my Nakama ~
        #4413    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (4:20 PM).
      Captain Gizmo's Avatar
      Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
      Legit Boss
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2012
      Location: Canada
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 4,824
      More people to join the challenge section = More participation in challenges
      More participation in challenges = More people
      More people = More challenge created
      More challenge created = More active
      More active = More participation in MOTY for Challenge section :D
      __________________
      ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
      |3DS FC|
        #4414    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (4:31 PM).
      Sydian's Avatar
      Sydian Sydian is offline
      i'm not jesus
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2008
      Location: Alabama
      Age: 25
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 32,179
      So Challenges is basically economics!
      __________________

      ≫ i will not forgive ≪
      challenges | klippy
        #4415    
      Old December 17th, 2013 (10:10 PM).
      Dr Rose Dr Rose is offline
         
        Join Date: Nov 2013
        Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
        Age: 27
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 16
        I would vote but... haven't been here more than a couple weeks, so I'll sit out for now
          #4416    
        Old December 19th, 2013 (7:12 PM).
        Captain Gizmo's Avatar
        Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
        Legit Boss
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 4,824
        So uhm, I signed up for the Gender Discrimination challenge but it seems that it might get locked soon because it's been more than a month no one has posted in it. So should I bother with the challenge or not? Because I don't know what to do if I wanna post an update but I'm the last person who posted in that thread @_@
        __________________
        ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
        |3DS FC|
          #4417    
        Old December 20th, 2013 (2:09 PM).
        Sydian's Avatar
        Sydian Sydian is offline
        i'm not jesus
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2008
        Location: Alabama
        Age: 25
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 32,179
        Quote:
        So uhm, I signed up for the Gender Discrimination challenge but it seems that it might get locked soon because it's been more than a month no one has posted in it. So should I bother with the challenge or not? Because I don't know what to do if I wanna post an update but I'm the last person who posted in that thread @_@
        Two months is the rule in here, so you can post if the last post was at least two months ago. It'd be great if you could, because I'm still doing that one too and I'd hate to make a new thread just to finish it. ~_~ But if it is past the deadline, I'll make a new one. I wanna finish mine, just don't have the time because I'm working double shifts all the time now and it's terrible and satanic.
        __________________

        ≫ i will not forgive ≪
        challenges | klippy
          #4418    
        Old December 21st, 2013 (9:43 AM).
        Captain Gizmo's Avatar
        Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
        Legit Boss
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 4,824
        Started my Gender Discrimination challenge and caught a Wurmple, leveled it to 7 and it transformed into a Cascoon, ugh. So I tried getting a female Wurmple with the correct personality value and I just happen to run into a female Surskit. So I caught that one instead because I never played with one and it's rare to find also, 1% chance of encounter yay :D
        __________________
        ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
        |3DS FC|
          #4419    
        Old December 23rd, 2013 (1:05 PM).
        Necrum's Avatar
        Necrum Necrum is offline
        I AM THE REAL SONIC
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Portland, OR
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,207
        Should be almost time for a new Favorites challenge, huh?
          #4420    
        Old December 23rd, 2013 (7:31 PM).
        Captain Gizmo's Avatar
        Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
        Legit Boss
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 4,824
        Is it dead? I didn't even realize, since I never followed that challenge, lmao :C
        __________________
        ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
        |3DS FC|
          #4421    
        Old December 24th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
        Necrum's Avatar
        Necrum Necrum is offline
        I AM THE REAL SONIC
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Portland, OR
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,207
        No there's a new version for each new game, and since X and Y has been out for a bit and Pokemon Bank about to come out it's about time for the next one.
          #4422    
        Old December 24th, 2013 (1:00 PM).
        Captain Gizmo's Avatar
        Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
        Legit Boss
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 4,824
        True, true

        And I already got like 3-4 challenges going but I wanna start another one already. Seriously, challenges are harder to quit than smoking...
        __________________
        ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
        |3DS FC|
          #4423    
        Old December 24th, 2013 (1:28 PM).
        Sydian's Avatar
        Sydian Sydian is offline
        i'm not jesus
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2008
        Location: Alabama
        Age: 25
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 32,179
        Yeah, I'm gonna make it on Dec 27 to go with Pokemon Bank's release. I might go ahead and make it tomorrow though since I'll probably get Y then and I don't know if I can wait for Bank any longer. I mean, we'd be close enough! But yeah, XY Favorite Challenge is on its way. :)
        __________________

        ≫ i will not forgive ≪
        challenges | klippy
          #4424    
        Old December 24th, 2013 (2:42 PM).
        jdthebud's Avatar
        jdthebud jdthebud is offline
        Engineering Solutions
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Oct 2010
        Location: Washington, USA
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 3,817
        Would it be possible to keep Gen V in the mix? Only way people can currently play X/Y is on a 3DS. No emulator unlike for previous gens.

        But I don't really have a strong opinion on that, it is more a suggestion.
        __________________
          #4425    
        Old December 25th, 2013 (1:10 PM).
        Necrum's Avatar
        Necrum Necrum is offline
        I AM THE REAL SONIC
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Portland, OR
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,207
        I'll be down for the Favorites Challenge as soon as I pick up a new copy of X. Can't wait to use Pokemon Bank!
        Closed Thread

        Quick Reply

        Join the conversation!

        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

        Create a PokéCommunity Account

        Sponsored Links
        Thread Tools

        Posting Rules
        You may not post new threads
        You may not post replies
        You may not post attachments
        You may not edit your posts

        BB code is On
        Smilies are On
        [IMG] code is On
        HTML code is Off
        Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

        Forum Jump


        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:10 PM.