The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Play Together Challenges
Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

View Poll Results: Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2176    
Old July 20th, 2011 (10:15 PM).
myrrhman's Avatar
myrrhman myrrhman is offline
Challenge God
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Knoxville, TN
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Sassy
    Posts: 1,824
    Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
    I did the 90's cartoon show word search for vaporeon's get together thing, and it hurt to do. Most of them were cartoon network, but still. RIP good tv shows.

    Also, it just hit me that this is like the first time I've visited here in like a week. I sort of forgot there were things that weren't the gettogether...
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2177    
    Old July 20th, 2011 (11:09 PM).
    Sydian's Avatar
    Sydian Sydian is offline
    ≫ the emperor ≪
    • Super Moderator
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Age: 24
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 31,996
    Yeah, GT8 takes away from me even looking through for modding things to do. When it disappears, I'll get back into the groove. I haven't even been posting in GPGD that much. I just keep stalking GT8. :<
    __________________
    ≫ this is my other self!
    persona | gun
    Reply With Quote
      #2178    
    Old July 23rd, 2011 (4:27 PM).
    Perriechu's Avatar
    Perriechu Perriechu is offline
    no more sad songs
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: England
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 4,109
    I'm back again... :x I took a break from challenges after my computer went into a meltdown. Everything is fine and I'm ready to spam challenges again lololol.

    I've almost completed my very first un-official nuzlocke. Myself plus some of the CBC regulars started one. So much grief for letting Vrai die twice before the second badge ;____;

    but yeah, I'm back.
    __________________
    twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
    Reply With Quote
      #2179    
    Old July 24th, 2011 (1:16 AM).
    Enigma's Avatar
    Enigma Enigma is offline
    The Flame Pokémon
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: California
    Age: 20
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Hardy
    Posts: 1,222
    Yay, finally did a challenge. (Or at least most of one.) It's also safe to say that I'm probably readdicted to challenges. :D
    __________________

    It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
    Reply With Quote
      #2180    
    Old July 24th, 2011 (1:42 AM).
    jespoke's Avatar
    jespoke jespoke is offline
    Challenge Forum Stalker
       
      Join Date: Apr 2010
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 352
      I'm going on a vacation (again ) My egg salad/new mario games/Golden Sun will go for entertainment :D I'll be back with some updates (hopefully) in 9 days
      __________________
      Challenges:[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black]
      On hold: Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8

      Reply With Quote
        #2181    
      Old July 24th, 2011 (6:05 PM).
      Enigma's Avatar
      Enigma Enigma is offline
      The Flame Pokémon
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2008
      Location: California
      Age: 20
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Hardy
      Posts: 1,222
      Aww lucky you. :/ I'm stuck here doing challenges all day.


      ...Wait, I'm not opposed to that, am I? :3
      __________________

      It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
      Reply With Quote
        #2182    
      Old July 25th, 2011 (7:27 AM).
      TheBowsinator's Avatar
      TheBowsinator TheBowsinator is offline
      Pi Lieker
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Age: 18
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 111
        I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

        A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

        What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

        So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

        What you think?
        Reply With Quote
          #2183    
        Old July 25th, 2011 (12:47 PM).
        Sydian's Avatar
        Sydian Sydian is offline
        ≫ the emperor ≪
        • Super Moderator
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2008
        Location: Alabama
        Age: 24
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 31,996
        That'd just be monocolor challenge with an optional rule. We had that a while back, but I think it died. Haven't seen it in a while. So if you wanna make it, that's fine, but might as well make it the monocolor challenge and have that as an additional challenge, if the challenger wants to do it that way.
        __________________
        ≫ this is my other self!
        persona | gun
        Reply With Quote
          #2184    
        Old July 25th, 2011 (1:13 PM).
        TheBowsinator's Avatar
        TheBowsinator TheBowsinator is offline
        Pi Lieker
           
          Join Date: Apr 2011
          Age: 18
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 111
          a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

          Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

          you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

          THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

          Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

          than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

          Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

          oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

          Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

          :D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

          A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"
          Reply With Quote
            #2185    
          Old July 26th, 2011 (8:13 AM).
          LaureTheLoner's Avatar
          LaureTheLoner LaureTheLoner is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: Indiana
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 420
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TheBowsinator View Post
            I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

            A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

            What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

            So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

            What you think?
            Yeah that was actually a part of the ultimate challenge in the monotype challenge, also for the helium element thing there is almost something similar to it located in the Dream Themes thread known as species, but the element thing could be cool and Dream Themes would be a good place to brain storm it and flush it out

            Also Torchic isn't orange
            because there is no orange dex color on bulbapedia
            and this bugs me because I have the rainbow road challenge
            but yet there is no orange
            ALTERNATIVE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT ORANGE
            *throws a can at Alternative*


            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TheBowsinator View Post
            a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

            Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

            you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

            THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

            Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

            than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

            Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

            oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

            Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

            :D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

            A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"
            It's kind of meh it just doesn't seem very original and exciting. There is already the one in each challenge where various gens are being played and by the time you get to 5th gen it's pretty much just a favorites challenge it seems like

            I am beginning to find out other than your usual (monotype, solo, etc.) the best tourneys have more limits on team usage this is too much of what i'd call a "free roam"


            anyway,
            I started a new challenge, not that I needed one, if you enjoyed the battle royale or wanted to join it check out Table Top Supreme. It's a point based / race challenge.
            __________________


            White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

            Pokedex: 176/644
            Reply With Quote
              #2186    
            Old July 26th, 2011 (3:39 PM).
            myrrhman's Avatar
            myrrhman myrrhman is offline
            Challenge God
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Location: Knoxville, TN
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Sassy
              Posts: 1,824
              Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
              Tabletop looks super awesome, Laure!

              In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...
              Reply With Quote
                #2187    
              Old July 26th, 2011 (5:49 PM).
              jdthebud's Avatar
              jdthebud jdthebud is offline
              Engineering Solutions
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Oct 2010
              Location: Washington, USA
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 3,528
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
              Tabletop looks super awesome, Laure!

              In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...
              Actually, you can get celebi with the celebi egg glitch, but it is really rime consuming, so I wouldn't worry about it, lol.

              I was actually thinking about doing this. I think the most filled Pokedex I've had was in Blue with like 120, but I didn't have Red so I couldn't finish it. I used infinite RCs to level up pokes to evolve them, lol.

              But yeah, everything except for event pokemon sounds fun.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #2188    
              Old July 27th, 2011 (2:25 PM).
              espeon_and_umbreon_4eva's Avatar
              espeon_and_umbreon_4eva espeon_and_umbreon_4eva is offline
              legendary master
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2011
                Location: Mt. vernon, ohio
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 2
                do you know how many AWSOME pokemon i would lose! lol i dont think i could do that.
                __________________
                if life gives you lemons, throw the lemons at life and say," Make your own dang lemonaid!" :D
                Reply With Quote
                  #2189    
                Old July 28th, 2011 (1:25 AM).
                Enigma's Avatar
                Enigma Enigma is offline
                The Flame Pokémon
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2008
                Location: California
                Age: 20
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Hardy
                Posts: 1,222
                I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.
                __________________

                It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
                Reply With Quote
                  #2190    
                Old July 28th, 2011 (6:54 AM).
                LaureTheLoner's Avatar
                LaureTheLoner LaureTheLoner is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                  Location: Indiana
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 420
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by InfernoRogue View Post
                  I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.
                  I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

                  Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
                  Tabletop looks super awesome, Laure!

                  In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...
                  Lol when I found red and blue at a rummage sale (and they both saved) I thought about doing this >: then I found out I had a gba link cable and not a regular gameboy so I was like meh, f the hard copies, and I sold them on Ebay since I could just do roms. I might do this if the table top challenge doesn't force me to hate 1st.

                  Actually lol I like how your challenge is actually the purpose of the Pokemon games.

                  Gotta Catch Em All
                  __________________


                  White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

                  Pokedex: 176/644
                  Reply With Quote
                    #2191    
                  Old July 28th, 2011 (7:37 PM). Edited July 29th, 2011 by Enigma.
                  Enigma's Avatar
                  Enigma Enigma is offline
                  The Flame Pokémon
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: California
                  Age: 20
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Hardy
                  Posts: 1,222
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
                  I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

                  Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.
                  I'll add in that part as well, if I can explain it properly. xD

                  EDIT: Made the thread! I'm excited for it. I'm doing the Ultimate Character Challenge. :3
                  __________________

                  It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #2192    
                  Old July 29th, 2011 (3:02 PM).
                  Sire's Avatar
                  Sire Sire is offline
                  Making Flareon Own You
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2010
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 155
                    Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

                    Basically, you go here, to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

                    Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.
                    __________________

                    Leaf Green|Crystal|Emerald|Platinum|White



                    Join The Move Challenge
                    Reply With Quote
                      #2193    
                    Old July 29th, 2011 (4:22 PM).
                    myrrhman's Avatar
                    myrrhman myrrhman is offline
                    Challenge God
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Location: Knoxville, TN
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Sassy
                      Posts: 1,824
                      Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sire View Post
                      Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

                      Basically, you go here, to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

                      Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.
                      That sounds awfully familiar to the Random Pokemon Challenge. In the Random Challenge, you signed up with saying what game and how many Pokemon you'd be using, and then the OP went to a random Pokemon Generator, and generated however many Pokemon you wanted that are catchable in your game.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #2194    
                      Old July 29th, 2011 (4:38 PM). Edited July 30th, 2011 by Sire.
                      Sire's Avatar
                      Sire Sire is offline
                      Making Flareon Own You
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2010
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 155
                        It's similar, yes. I'll probably forget about it, anyways.

                        Thought of one where your team consists of three pokemon that are all super effective against another, like Water Fire Grass.
                        __________________

                        Leaf Green|Crystal|Emerald|Platinum|White



                        Join The Move Challenge
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2195    
                        Old July 30th, 2011 (6:37 PM). Edited July 30th, 2011 by Gulpin.
                        Gulpin's Avatar
                        Gulpin Gulpin is offline
                        poisonous
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2006
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 3,273
                        For some reason, I've been distracted from my challenges for a while. So what I did was make a fancy list of all of my games, and the challenges that I am currently doing on them. Before I start a new challenge, I'm going to try to complete all of my current ones that I haven't finished yet. I just got finished with my Walrein solo run on Platinum, which I left sitting after getting 6 badges. Now, to decide what to do next: Swellow / Guardevoir dual-species on Ruby (8 badges), regular run on Sapphire (8 badges), a regular run on Emerald (7 badges), or Flygon solo on Diamond (7 badges). I think I'll continue with the Sinnoh region since I should be able to get through the story pretty quickly after just completing Platinum, then try to work on the R/S/E runs at the same time.
                        __________________
                        < < < I know you want these lumps
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2196    
                        Old July 30th, 2011 (8:16 PM).
                        vaporeon7's Avatar
                        vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                        My life would suck without you
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                        Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 5,154
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Sire View Post
                        It's similar, yes. I'll probably forget about it, anyways.

                        Thought of one where your team consists of three pokemon that are all super effective against another, like Water Fire Grass.
                        That doesn't sound all that challenging, you'd end up with a strong balanced team with good type coverage in the end anyway.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2197    
                        Old July 30th, 2011 (8:49 PM).
                        Sydian's Avatar
                        Sydian Sydian is offline
                        ≫ the emperor ≪
                        • Super Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Location: Alabama
                        Age: 24
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 31,996
                        Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.
                        __________________
                        ≫ this is my other self!
                        persona | gun
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2198    
                        Old July 31st, 2011 (2:15 PM).
                        Enigma's Avatar
                        Enigma Enigma is offline
                        The Flame Pokémon
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Location: California
                        Age: 20
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Hardy
                        Posts: 1,222
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                        Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.
                        I just thought of a variation of that where every time you get a new TM, you have to immediately teach it to one of your pokemon. (HM slaves and such don't count.)
                        __________________

                        It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2199    
                        Old July 31st, 2011 (5:08 PM).
                        Sire's Avatar
                        Sire Sire is offline
                        Making Flareon Own You
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2010
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 155
                          The TM one would be hard because what if none of your pokemon could learn the TM? You basically lose the challenge.

                          Thought of one where you get a certain number of moves and each pokemon on your team has to know one move. I like fun challenges more then hard challenges. x_x
                          __________________

                          Leaf Green|Crystal|Emerald|Platinum|White



                          Join The Move Challenge
                          Reply With Quote
                            #2200    
                          Old July 31st, 2011 (5:19 PM).
                          myrrhman's Avatar
                          myrrhman myrrhman is offline
                          Challenge God
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2010
                            Location: Knoxville, TN
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Sassy
                            Posts: 1,824
                            Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
                            That could work, actually! I really like this idea.
                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off
                            Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:55 AM.