• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hex

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • Hehe. MCD finally writes a fic. XD Hurrah! Actually, I wrote this half a year ago, but forgot about it when it got ignored on all the other forums I posted it on. Here is a lovely prologue for you all to read and enjoy, but it's probably not up to the standard of people like Lily and Iveechan (I've read Guilty by Design a number of times.) I have fine-tuned it since I first wrote it... fixed up grammatical errors and whatnot, but any criticism is greatly appreciated, especially from frosty ^_~ Anyways - rant over. Here's the fic. ^_^

Hex

Prologue: Opening Up

No one had had any sleep from last night?s epidemic. It was enough to send M into delusion, or maybe into some sort of psychopathic state. Everyone knew of their boss? short fuse and temper, so they didn?t like to get on the wrong side. Saying that, M never revealed it?s true identity. Many didn?t know what M?s gender even was, never mind knowing it?s physical appearance or if it was even human. The administrators ? or X-Rars ? kept a close eye on the workforce, but through panes of translucent glass. The workers could only see their outlines, and hear their voices, but only faintly ? the X-Rars didn?t want precious information to leak out into eavesdropping incompetent workers? ears did they?

Incompetent might not have been the best word to use, but the majority of the staff had not received any higher education than high school, and had flunked in that as well. M.O.R.P.H was a cheap cop out, known by many, but visited by little for it?s crude reputation. Only the lowest of the low even considered applying for a job at M.O.R.P.H. It was a cheap and easy way to earn some miniscule amount of money ? never going above minimum wage. All they had to do was type random numbers and letters into a computer. They couldn?t even see what the information actually meant, nor the digits themselves, as they came up as ?X?s on the screen. They did know when they made a mistake, as M would soon find out and call upon their name to an office of an X-Rar, where they would be instantly be ?Eradicated?. Whatever on earth that meant.

The office of Kwei-Kwei ? an X-Rar ? seemed dishevelled compared to the almost immaculate ground floor of the Control Panel. In this room, the florid wallpaper had been torn down and ripped to shreds. The windows (of which the view overlooked the Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square, England) had been smashed, with a force of extreme severity. The filing cabinets had been turned over and, although there were no files actually inside them, made what looked to be a sculpture of a junkyard. The sole desk of the office remained surprisingly untouched, for the key on it was the reason for the state of affairs that Kwei-Kwei and M had gotten themselves into.

?You don?t want me to hurt you, Kwei-Kwei. Do you?? M asked, with a hissing tone in its voice. The two figures were standing in opposite corners of the room facing each other, yet strangely both in shadow.

?You cannot go through yet!? Kwei-Kwei shouted as M looked into his eyes with such a ferocity that might actually have stunned him, ?We are only eighty percent ready yet. You could go through, but remember last time? You don?t want to take that risk again do you??

At that, M simply moved its hands into a position in which Kwei-Kwei could see its anger. Kwei-Kwei responded by simply sitting down at his desk ? which also made him completely visible to any one watching ? and gently put the key into a drawer of his desk.

Being in open light made Kwei-Kwei feel vulnerable ? extremely vulnerable. Anybody watching could clearly see his four muscular arms, and the fact that he was not wearing any clothes apart from a black belt around his genitalae. This left his cloudy skin open to the sunlight, which damaged it and turned it bright scarlet. There was also the fact that his head had three giant protruding spikes that looked like the wafers of an ice cream sundae.

Of course, nobody ever looked into Kwei-Kwei?s window for three reasons. The first being that anybody coming to Leicester Square was only interested in the three cinemas, mainly for movie premieres. The second being that Kwei-Kwei?s office was on the fifth floor of a tall building near a Starbucks coffee shop, completely off-view from everybody but those inside. The third was that the whole office was enchanted with a psychic bond by another X-Rar: Psion, which meant that anybody looking would think it was a radio station under the name: Capital Radio.

?Before you start moaning,? The Machamp continued in his brash voice, not caring at all if anyone down below heard anything of what he was saying, ?Portalisation shall be opened in approximately two minutes. Then you can do whatever you like with Klehlei. To be honest, give him one from me ? my sector?s been hit tremendously from last night.?

A smile broadened over M?s face, or what seemed to be a face: ?Don?t worry Kwei-Kwei. I?ll give that Ursaring what?s coming to him. God knows he didn?t see that blunder coming.?

Last edited:

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • (Please forgive this craptastic review MCD, my heart just hasn't been into reviewing lately and I've been giving crappy ones for the past week).

Yes, I remember reading this fic (sorry if I didn't review heh) way back when . . . I remember because I got somewhat confused at a few parts . . . Which I still kind of am even with the fact that I did read this several times . . .

But anyways . . .

Not sure that some info needed to be put in though. Take the M.O.R.P.H cops for example . . . incompetent workers that snuffed out if they do something wrong . . . While it does tie in the fic, I don't know, I just don't think it was needed not unless they are needed later in the fic. But meh, my head is somewhere up in the clouds so ignore this review if anything.

Conventions are fine, no need to go into detail on that.

On a random note, an . . . interesting description for a Machamp, never heard of the wafers on an ice cream sundae to describe the spikes on his head. Kind of ruins the mysterious mood you had going on with the sugary sweet metaphor but meh again, tis only my opinion anyways.

Mmm, pretty good flow too but I felt it lacked something that kept my attention until the end but then again, like I said, I was confused at a few points which prolly threw me off in the first place.

I do like where this is headed though. From what I understand, its got a great plotline and good characters to back it up and yada yada yada ya.

Told ya today's not my reviewing day. =P

LaTeR dAyZ!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The first two paragraphs are vital for explaining the rest of the story, so it was quite important that they were put in. The M.O.R.P.H people do play a big part in the story, so it was important to put some background knowledge in of them. But thanks anyways Breezy ^_^

Years
  • Ahh...couldn't find a fanfic of the week until I went to second page...

Congrats, MCD! Your story is now fanfic of the week!

Back