Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 25th, 2010 (5:20 AM). Edited October 17th, 2010 by Conan Edogawa.
Conan Edogawa's Avatar
Conan Edogawa Conan Edogawa is offline
One Truth Prevails
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Massachusetts
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,061
    Pokemon: Americium


    No, that isn't the final name, I just can't think of one right now and yes, I will try to get CSS for this thread, or at least a better layout.

    Story: As most other children your age, you decide to be ambitious and get into training pokemon. Although, your home region of (needs a name) is rather peaceful, with no groups like Kanto and the others. So most trainers never get to use their pokemon for good but just for fun. The day that you decide to get into training happens to be the worst day to start because the center is crowded. You finally get to the front but your choice is limited. As soon as you pick your pokemon, a special newscast comes on giving details of a new pokemon causing terror in a nearby town. Being the heroic young person you are, you decide to go and check it out(I don't want to give away this event yet so I'll skip a little). After the event you see a mysterious man that exclaims that he will take over the region and destroy all that oppose him.

    Features:
    -New Pokemon including some fifth gen
    -Fresh tiles
    -Better character sprites done in the fifth gen style
    -An exciting plot with many twists
    -Space/Time travel?

    Media:
    Screenshots-
    Spoiler:






    Videos:
    None yet


    Team:
    Conan-Spriter, Mapper, Eventer
    Eclipse-Mapper,Spriter,Graphics

    Credit:
    Poccil- Amazing Starter Kit
    Cilerba- So much help with my problems
    Dewitty-Tiles, lots and lots of tiles
    Alucus- Tiles
    ozumadrew- Help, fixing my sprite sheet
    Mr Randell- Fakemon concepts
    Pokekoks- Fakemon concepts
    Prince Legandario-Tiles
    Kymotonian-Tiles
    Calis Projects-Tiles
    Bulbapedia-Tiles and Pokemon Information
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old September 27th, 2010 (4:17 PM).
    Conan Edogawa's Avatar
    Conan Edogawa Conan Edogawa is offline
    One Truth Prevails
       
      Join Date: Jan 2009
      Location: Massachusetts
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 1,061
      I was expecting at least one post, but oh well. I guess I'll show the starter, and two silhouettes:
      __________________
        #3    
      Old September 27th, 2010 (6:08 PM).
      Zadow's Avatar
      Zadow Zadow is offline
      Pokemon Ebony Developer
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Location: Johto - Ilex Forest :)
        Age: 23
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 82
        I was going to post earlier but I got distracted, sorry. -.-;
        Anyway, It's mostly looking good, though from the screens you're maps look like they could use some work, they look sort of empty?
        I can't say much about the story though yet, because, I don't really know anything other than what you've posted. I hope the story develops interestingly.
        I also have a problem with your hero's sprite, I don't mind the idea, but there seems to be something very off about the piece of hair sticking out
        Back and front sprites are fine, it's just the one's from the side.
        I don't mean to be negative, I just want to see this improve and develop, too many games just show up and fade away, and people turn up later with other projects, and the same things happen because they don't get enough feedback.

        Also, I like the starter, it looks evil :D
        I'm curious to see it's final form. Also, may I ask who sprited it?

        Yes, so just work on your mapping, Hero's sprite, and make sure you've got your story planned, and you should be good.
        __________________

        3DS Friend Code :: 3265 - 5554 - 2508
        I am the creator of Pokemon Ebony.
          #4    
        Old September 27th, 2010 (6:38 PM).
        davidthefat davidthefat is offline
        I Love C++
           
          Join Date: Dec 2009
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 437
          I like the title, thats about it
          __________________
          “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” Winston Churchill
            #5    
          Old September 28th, 2010 (5:16 AM).
          trinity_pt's Avatar
          trinity_pt trinity_pt is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2009
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 143
            The first fakemon doesn't seem that bad. The head reminds me of tsutarja
              #6    
            Old September 28th, 2010 (5:32 AM).
            aSeRo141414's Avatar
            aSeRo141414 aSeRo141414 is offline
            zZJoennZz inside
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Location: In your head
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 379
              I love the new tiles, and the fakemon! then you insert the yinyang pokemon thing?
              __________________
              Regards,
              aSeRo141414
                #7    
              Old September 28th, 2010 (8:01 AM).
              Conan Edogawa's Avatar
              Conan Edogawa Conan Edogawa is offline
              One Truth Prevails
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Location: Massachusetts
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 1,061
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Zadow View Post
                I was going to post earlier but I got distracted, sorry. -.-;
                Anyway, It's mostly looking good, though from the screens you're maps look like they could use some work, they look sort of empty?
                I can't say much about the story though yet, because, I don't really know anything other than what you've posted. I hope the story develops interestingly.
                I also have a problem with your hero's sprite, I don't mind the idea, but there seems to be something very off about the piece of hair sticking out
                Back and front sprites are fine, it's just the one's from the side.
                I don't mean to be negative, I just want to see this improve and develop, too many games just show up and fade away, and people turn up later with other projects, and the same things happen because they don't get enough feedback.

                Also, I like the starter, it looks evil :D
                I'm curious to see it's final form. Also, may I ask who sprited it?

                Yes, so just work on your mapping, Hero's sprite, and make sure you've got your story planned, and you should be good.
                Thanks. Yeah, I do get a lot of people saying my maps look empty, that's something I'll definitely work on. The OWs do look odd, I'm thinking of making a new hero anyways, since that's based off of Conan and I decided to avoid little easter eggs like that. I do have the story all planned out, I tend to not give away much though, I like surprises. All custom sprites are done by me, OWs, fakemon, and most likely trainers. This type of post is exactly what I need, you were kind but still constructive, and it should help me out a lot.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by davidthefat View Post
                I like the title, thats about it
                Please elaborate on what you dislike, otherwise I can't improve.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by trinity_pt View Post
                The first fakemon doesn't seem that bad. The head reminds me of tsutarja
                That's funny that you say that, because when I made the sprite Tsutaja was just revealed, and many were speculating on a yin yang theme, so I kind of mixed the two.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
                I love the new tiles, and the fakemon! then you insert the yinyang pokemon thing?
                Thank you, and yes, I have inserted the yin yang fakemon, as well as the sprites behind the shadows.
                __________________
                  #8    
                Old October 13th, 2010 (1:43 PM). Edited October 13th, 2010 by GaXeL.
                GaXeL's Avatar
                GaXeL GaXeL is offline
                Feraligatr Master
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 209
                  Wow! this looks cool! can i join and help with story line, banners, and logos etc?

                  What about Pokemon: Infinity Version? (prolly taken)
                  but heres a list:
                  -Pokemon HyperDrive
                  -Pokemon Dimensions
                  -Pokemon Absence
                  -Pokemon Tenacity
                  -Pokemon Rampage!
                  -Pokemon Stomp!
                  -Pokemon Nostalgia
                  -Pokemon Spark
                  -Pokemon X
                  -Pokemon Alpha
                  -Pokemon Omega
                  -Pokemon Shadows
                  __________________
                  My monotype

                  My sub
                    #9    
                  Old October 14th, 2010 (3:02 PM).
                  Conan Edogawa's Avatar
                  Conan Edogawa Conan Edogawa is offline
                  One Truth Prevails
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2009
                    Location: Massachusetts
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 1,061
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by GaXeL View Post
                    Wow! this looks cool! can i join and help with story line, banners, and logos etc?

                    What about Pokemon: Infinity Version? (prolly taken)
                    but heres a list:
                    -Pokemon HyperDrive
                    -Pokemon Dimensions
                    -Pokemon Absence
                    -Pokemon Tenacity
                    -Pokemon Rampage!
                    -Pokemon Stomp!
                    -Pokemon Nostalgia
                    -Pokemon Spark
                    -Pokemon X
                    -Pokemon Alpha
                    -Pokemon Omega
                    -Pokemon Shadows

                    If you would like to make a logo it would be appreciated. I already have the story fully written out, but if you're good with photoshop or another similar program I could use the help there. Just pm me some examples if you're interested.

                    Also, I decided to switch over to CNG's starter kit. What this means is updated graphics, newer, better features, and possibly different camera angles if I decide to use Neo mode 7.
                    __________________
                      #10    
                    Old October 17th, 2010 (5:23 PM).
                    ☆Rei☆'s Avatar
                    ☆Rei☆ ☆Rei☆ is offline
                    • Platinum Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2009
                    Location: Nearby my feet.
                    Age: 20
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 1,748
                    (sorry if I made bad grammer) Ok, I don't like critisizing but I found one mistake I think it says "After the event you see a mysterious man the should be that exclaims that he will take over the country and destroy all that oppose him." other than that it looks pretty good.
                      #11    
                    Old October 17th, 2010 (5:39 PM).
                    Conan Edogawa's Avatar
                    Conan Edogawa Conan Edogawa is offline
                    One Truth Prevails
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                      Location: Massachusetts
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 1,061
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by hansiec View Post
                      (sorry if I made bad grammer) Ok, I don't like critisizing but I found one mistake I think it says "After the event you see a mysterious man the should be that exclaims that he will take over the country and destroy all that oppose him." other than that it looks pretty good.
                      You're right, I didn't even notice that. Good grammar is important, so little nit picky things like that don't bother me.
                      __________________
                        #12    
                      Old October 31st, 2010 (1:47 PM).
                      Karel_Kazuki's Avatar
                      Karel_Kazuki Karel_Kazuki is offline
                      Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Location: U.s.a.
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 375
                        It seems that you are working on this nicely.I would attempt to help ,but I wouldn't be able to focus until around Mid-November. If you still need help,contact me by then!
                        __________________
                        Yes,I am Karel Kazuki or Kareru.
                        Im an all around guy who does everything,from play sports to trying to learn to design games.

                        I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

                        contact me here or at [email protected].

                        Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

                        http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_BN/index.php?act=idx
                          #13    
                        Old February 20th, 2011 (8:13 PM).
                        slayring's Avatar
                        slayring slayring is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2011
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 8
                          Hey, can I be in this game? If you say no, that's ok. I'm creating my own game too.
                            #14    
                          Old February 21st, 2011 (8:00 AM).
                          Cilerba Cilerba is offline
                          the hearts of lonely people
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2010
                          Location: Massachusetts
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 1,171
                          This thread is being closed at the request of the thread creator.

                          -locked-
                          __________________
                          Closed Thread

                          Quick Reply

                          Join the conversation!

                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:45 PM.