Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old June 27th, 2010 (5:18 PM).
just a guy
  • Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayne93 View Post
is it the guy with the glowing glasses or the guy that is darkened?
No, the guy with the lightened glasses is Conway. The shaded character with long hair is apparently the "real" Legendary Trainer; by the looks of it, this character appears to be female, not male.

It seems Darkrai is also the "real" Legendary Pokémon that Ash has to face off against and not Heatran (The writers throwing us off? Maybe). Then again, this isn't surprising since it was shown battling Buizel in the opening. But keeping that in mind, Ash also battled an Entei and Lucario as well. So, it might be possible Darkrai isn't the only legendary he has to battle against this legendary trainer.

As for the trainer itself, definitely seems more suitable to play the role rather than the guy standing next to the Heatran earlier. This is one thing I'm pleased about. I just wonder who she is, and how did she manage to catch a Pokémon like Darkrai. All that being said, the Sinnoh League definitely seems to be heating up, and I'm looking forward to see all that happens over this time.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 27th, 2010 (7:06 PM).
Hmmm..

Nature: Lax
    Well I'm excited that it is darkrai and not heatran since I like darkrai more. The darkened person looks like a girl but you never know with anime. I wonder how the battle with it is going to work since i know darkrai relies on sleep type moves.

Also, does anyone think dawn looks out of place in that picture. Shes not in the tourney it should be nando or someone else.

Pl code:3911 0957 3329
    Old July 1st, 2010 (11:26 AM).
    Ash fan girl

Todays episode was extremlly funny.
      Conway just cracks me up so muh.
      Hey'll randomly disappear, freaks Dawn out LOL.
      The thing that annoyed me though, was Team Rocket.
      I hope they don't appear much in next weeks episode.
      Paul and Barry's interactions should be fun.
      Hope Barry sees Paul is really a jerk like Ash has been saying all along.
      I did like the Ash V.S Nando battle, short as it seemed.
      Old July 1st, 2010 (11:35 AM).
      pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
        I should ask here:

@Anyone

What Time Zone are you in?
        When do they show the Japanese Episode where you are?

Thanks
        Old July 1st, 2010 (3:26 PM).
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
        Well I saw DP 183 today. A fairly good episode, the Legendary Trainer has been show in the Tournament now, with Darkrai as well. The trainer face is still shaded. Anyways, yeah good episode.
        Old July 1st, 2010 (3:41 PM).
        Exceptionally Adequate

Well we know now that the legendary Darkrai trainer is indeed at the Suzuran Conference - and I'm guessing that Darkrai will be the Pokemon that takes down Ash in the end. Not before he beats Paul though. The Barry vs Paul match next week should be really interesting; I think Pauls's gonna be a mega-jerk to Barry, Barry'll stop idolising him and then Paul will smash him with Torterra or something.
          Old July 1st, 2010 (3:52 PM).
          Trainer

Paul is going to cream Barry. BIG TIME.
            Old July 1st, 2010 (4:09 PM).

Nature: Naive
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by pokemonlover493 View Post
              Paul is going to cream Barry. BIG TIME.
              It'll probably be a close fight, but I'm disappointed to see Barry go so soon. If he beats Paul I'll be very surprised.
              Old July 1st, 2010 (6:02 PM).
              just a guy
              • Silver Tier

I watched DP183 earlier this evening, but I didn't know what to make of it at the time. At some points it went well, and then at other times it went down hill for me. For the least, I can't say it was the best way to start off the Sinnoh League, but I'm expecting it to get better (such as the next episode featuring Paul vs. Barry). To me, the episode itself was trying to focus on too many things all at once. It went from Team Rocket, Darkrai and its mysterious trainer, Barry, and then the battle between Ash and Nando. Unfortunately, with so much going on at once, the battle between Ash and Nando suffered from it.

Going to the battle aspect of the episode, it was short; too short. When you watched the preview it had the viewers anticipating a larger battle than what was actually aired. Then again, that's a preview's job; to catch the viewers attention so they come back and watch again. Staraptor took down Roserade with so much ease, but in the end fell just as easy against Armaldo. Then, when it came for Quilava's turn to shine since its evolution it's battle got butchered by interruption and at the end fell with a draw (and so quickly). The only battle that went well was Heracross against Kricketune and not even that made up for the rest of the match at the end.

The best part of it all though was getting eye on the Darkrai and it's trainer. S/He's still shaded, but it definitely seems to mark the resemblance of a female. I guess we'll know eventually. The only thing that bugs me is Ash possibly losing the league because of this trainer. It just feels so cheap that Ash might lose the league against nothing else but a legendary. To top it off, the trainer itself just seems to give off a bad vibe; did you see Barry when s/he passed by? Still, it isn't confirmed that Ash will lose against the Legendary Trainer nor is it confirmed that he will face this person in the Finals or the Semi-finals. So, anything is still up in the air as it stands right now.

As for the next episode, it definitely looks a whole lot more interesting than this one. A battle between Paul and Barry was highly anticipated. Plus, Paul having an Electivire by this time around was definitely predicted. One good thing though is that the writers are definitely pulling a few strings towards the viewers. Barry doesn't have it's DPPt team like players originally thought, therefore no Snorlax or Rapidash like predicted (and again anime =/= games). Anyway, Skarmory and Hitmonlee are two good replacements and by the looks of things, Barry is giving Paul a run for his money.

Hmm, so this got longer than I though, and before I continue anymore miscellaneous babbling about the league, I'll just end it here until next time. Sucks to have and wait until the 15th to see the next episode though. :\ Ah well, hopefully we get some new B&W game info by then as well as maybe a reveal of future league episodes.
              Old July 2nd, 2010 (8:56 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2010 by Mew~.
              THE HOST IS BROKEN
              • Gold Tier

Well it looks like we are going to see a good match between paul and barry, I guess we all know barry is gonna lose but I hope he stays and doesnt leave and cry like kenny did in the grand festival! At least let him stay and cheer ash on or somthing? I want to see him fine a few more people before he leaves

Old July 6th, 2010 (8:54 AM).
              pin pin

YOU GUYS! I'M SO HAPPY! SCHOOL ENDS THE DAY BEFORE THE LAST EPISODE SO I CAN WATCH IT LIVE!!! :D

I wonder how it'll turn out. Is there no episode this week because of the movie? The movie came out late, they're already in the Championship.
                Old July 6th, 2010 (10:04 AM).
                THE HOST IS BROKEN
                • Gold Tier

Wow I can't belive no ones posted this!:

Episode 654: "Rival Decisive Battle! Ash VS Paul!"

So what do you guys think? If this is the last episode then I think he may lose, but if its not.. I think hes gonna win and lose to the LT!

Old July 6th, 2010 (10:33 AM).
                What do I put here?
                • Gold Tier

Hmm, I dunno if it's going to be the finals here yet, but I think the same as you, either he'll win this and go onto the finals, or this is the finals and he'll lose :/ Either way, I think he's going onto the finals, which will be the furthest Ash has got in a league, which is good, I suppose
                Old July 6th, 2010 (11:21 AM).
                just a guy
                • Silver Tier

When I saw the title for DP186, Rival Decisive Battle! Ash VS. Paul!, I felt the sense of relief just run through me. The final battle between Ash and Paul that everyone has been anticipating is finally coming to air [August 5th - another gap, really? ):]. If the writers decide on skipping a few CoTD, then it's most likely the Semi-finals of the Sinnoh League, because the episode before this is Ash VS. Conway. And what was leaked earlier this year about Ash facing the Legendary Trainer still hasn't happened yet, so this means it may just happen in the episode after Ash and Paul's battle is finished.

Either way, I'm excited about this episode. Unfortunately, I don't expect Ash to be using his entire Sinnoh team against Paul like I had originally thought. Reason why is because I believe it has something to do with their last 6 on 6 match. Regi, Paul's brother, mentioned that since Ash is using the same Pokémon, Paul will then know which Pokémon to use to counter Ash. Therefore to avoid making the same mistake twice, Ash may just use some of his reserves he brought back for this match. One Pokémon that's sure to be used however is Infernape and possibly Pikachu and Torterra.
                Old July 6th, 2010 (12:15 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
                  Either way, I'm excited about this episode. Unfortunately, I don't expect Ash to be using his entire Sinnoh team against Paul like I had originally thought. Reason why is because I believe it has something to do with their last 6 on 6 match. Regi, Paul's brother, mentioned that since Ash is using the same Pokémon, Paul will then know which Pokémon to use to counter Ash. Therefore to avoid making the same mistake twice, Ash may just use some of his reserves he brought back for this match. One Pokémon that's sure to be used however is Infernape and possibly Pikachu and Torterra.
                  I'm thinking the same thing regarding which pokemon Ash will pick.

After watching the intro, it got me thinking that perhaps that Lucario is Cynthia's? (IF it is on her team as it is in the game which is a possibility). Ash winning the League and facing off against the Elite 4 would be amazing, or even just Cynthia because she did say she would battle him at some point as did Lucian.
                  Old July 6th, 2010 (6:02 PM). Edited July 6th, 2010 by Diablerie.
                  Exceptionally Adequate

Rival Decisive Battle! Ash VS Paul!

This confirms that Barry has to lose, since Paul has to face Ash later. Everyone knew Paul would win, so it isn't a big surprise.

Nah, this couldn't be the finals. The Hoenn League went for like 10 episodes. This is only the fourth episode of the Sinnoh League. And Ash has never beaten Paul - this has to be the battle where Ash finally wins, possibly even changing Paul's attitude. I think Ash'll win but then get beaten by the Darkrai trainer. I really am lookign forward to that match though. And if the Sinnoh League Victors opening theme is correct, then Ash's Buizel will face Darkrai. Those are my two favourite Pokemon taking each other on - can't wait for that matchup, even if Buizel's doomed to lose.

I'm thinking it's probably gonna be a two-part battle, like the last time they fought.
                    Old July 6th, 2010 (10:31 PM).
                    pin pin

Oh another episode? I'm not happy about the title, if it is Finals, Ash could win which defeats the whole idea that Paul is better because he should be, he seems like it...

Or it just mean decisive between them but then Ash still wins

Quote:
                      Rival Decisive Battle!
                      Yeah definitely decicive between themselves and Ash wins "/
                      Old July 7th, 2010 (10:47 PM).
                      ★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
                        Man this league conference is terribly predictable. We all know that Shinji was going to win Jun even without DP186 to tell us, we totally didn't need DP185 to know that Satoshi is going to win Conway, and with things going like this and BW nearing, it is obvious that Satoshi is going to lose to the legendary trainer and then there'll be an episode dealing with Satoshi, Takeshi and Hikari's partings.

With the episode named "Decisive Battle!", will the battle last for two episodes at all? Major rival battles need more time to develop, and with both trainers having lots of reserves this is going to be unpredictable and exciting battle.
                        Please writers let it be 2 episodes

Azumi あずみ||:::
                        deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
                        つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old July 10th, 2010 (3:07 PM).
                        Trainer

I feel kinda bad for Nando, he went through all that work getting 8 badges, only to lose against Ash in like the Top 64 Round.
                          Old July 11th, 2010 (5:11 AM).
                          Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
                            Not sure, but I found something interesting for the trick room episode I think you will all enjoy:
                            http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6331/image02pita.jpg
                            ^Conway is actually putting standard trick room Pokemon in XD.
                            Note: He is mirroring trick room players...confirmed he is using Dusknoir which is the popular set up for trick room. It's either that or Slowking.
                            Old July 12th, 2010 (6:45 AM).
                            THE HOST IS BROKEN
                            • Gold Tier

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Akio123 View Post
                            Not sure, but I found something interesting for the trick room episode I think you will all enjoy:
                            http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6331/image02pita.jpg
                            ^Conway is actually putting standard trick room Pokemon in XD.
                            Note: He is mirroring trick room players...confirmed he is using Dusknoir which is the popular set up for trick room. It's either that or Slowking.
                            Lol I would laugh if gible evolves after that, maybe even use draco meteor!

Old July 12th, 2010 (4:40 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
                              Lol I would laugh if gible evolves after that, maybe even use draco meteor!
                              If anything it would most likely learn to control Draco Meteor and then evolve as that was how a few of Ash's pokemon did.
                              Old July 14th, 2010 (4:39 PM).
                              Trainer

Where the hell did Barry get a Skarmory and a Hitmonlee?!
                                Why does Conway have a Shuckle? In my opinion Shuckle is a weak Pokemon.
                                I should kill Conway for having cool Pokemon like Dusknoir.
                                Old July 15th, 2010 (9:02 AM). Edited July 15th, 2010 by Guy.
                                just a guy
                                • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by pokemonlover493 View Post
                                Where the hell did Barry get a Skarmory and a Hitmonlee?!
                                The writers decided not to follow his DPPt team, so they gave him two new Pokémon. I see nothing wrong with that.
                                Quote:
                                Why does Conway have a Shuckle? In my opinion Shuckle is a weak Pokemon.
                                Shuckle isn't as weak as you think. I used it in my competitive team a few years ago and it pulled me out of a lot of strings. Plus, the anime is probably going to use the move, Trick Room and Shuckle's ability to make it stronger. It looks like Gible will pull it off for Ash to move onto the next round though; Gible deserves this win though.
                                Quote:
                                I should kill Conway for having cool Pokemon like Dusknoir.

Oh, new title guys. :D
                                DP 187: Intense Fighting Full Battle! Ash vs. Paul! [Aug. 12th]

Apparently, Ash is leading the battle, but Paul sends out Drapion which turns the battle to his favor. Here's a tiny image to go along with it. Is that Staraptor, maybe Swellow, or... Gliscor?

Old July 15th, 2010 (10:22 AM). Edited July 15th, 2010 by Kirbychu.

Nature: Naive
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Oh, new title guys. :D
                                  DP 187: Intense Fighting Full Battle! Ash vs. Paul! [Aug. 12th]

Apparently, Ash is leading the battle, but Paul sends out Drapion which turns the battle to his favor. Here's a tiny image to go along with it. Is that Staraptor, maybe Swellow, or... Gliscor?

I personally think Ash will be using his Sinnoh team against Paul, so I don't think it's Swellow. I hope it's Gliscor but it's return seem more unlikely every episode, but that's what would make a Gliscor comeback even more amazing. I'll say that it's Staraptor. That looks like Staraptor's Brave Bird (It is red, right?).

EDIT: I stole this from a post on Bulbagarden.

Compare to the episode picture. I believe he's back.

Sponsored Links