Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 702 71.20%
Alright! 147 14.91%
Average 63 6.39%
Awful.. 19 1.93%
Abomination.... 55 5.58%
Voters: 986. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1101    
Old October 6th, 2011 (3:08 PM).
granturismo4ad's Avatar
granturismo4ad granturismo4ad is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
    the limit break works as you said,i probably didn't explain clearly.
    Your limitbreaks only start appearing when you are at limit status (25%hp).
    but the lower your hp in limit the higher chance of limit break.

    So if youre not in limit, you'll never get limit break. If youre at 25%it's 1/4
    chance of imitbreak being available. At 12% it's 1/2.
    At under 6% it'll always be available

    Rm2k3 dosent let me properly mute. All I can do is stop music.
    So it probably won't be much better.
    Thanks for the clarification.

    I'm looking forward to it!
    __________________


    Signature? I don't need no *expletive deleted* signature.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1102    
    Old October 19th, 2011 (11:22 PM).
    Lockmaster24's Avatar
    Lockmaster24 Lockmaster24 is offline
    Wise words of FizzyStardust
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: Australia
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 779
      DarkDoom, you still alive (This is indeed a bump, what of it.)

      Limit Break seems to be worth the risk. I like to abuse it. :D
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #1103    
      Old October 20th, 2011 (1:07 AM).
      DarkDoom3000's Avatar
      DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
      Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
         
        Join Date: Jul 2004
        Location: New Zealand
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 1,694
        Yeah, still alive. It's exam season, so progress has been show.
        __________________
        Version 0.753 is out
        Thread | Website | Blog
        Reply With Quote
          #1104    
        Old October 20th, 2011 (10:36 PM).
        Lockmaster24's Avatar
        Lockmaster24 Lockmaster24 is offline
        Wise words of FizzyStardust
           
          Join Date: Jan 2008
          Location: Australia
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 779
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
          Yeah, still alive. It's exam season, so progress has been show.
          That's fine, I completely understand, I'm having my Exams in two weeks.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #1105    
          Old October 21st, 2011 (9:23 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2011 by Ulamking.
          Ulamking Ulamking is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3
            Hello. First and foremost, I want to thank and commend you for making this game! I just recently came across it and let me tell you how much I'm already in love with it. I'm a sucker for Eevee and its evolutions, they've been my favorite Poke- er.... Pokémon since childhood (and probably the only constant in my life) and I'm a sucker for JRPGS, so there was no doubt you got me hooked.
            It also helps that I've always wanted a Pokémon game with a traditional battle system. I love you even more for adding Eeveeon. I can see you gave this game quite a lot of thought, and your production value is proof of it.

            Secondly, I have a few questions, mostly about the battle system. I don't have the time to browse 44 pages worth of posts so I apologize if it's already answered. Here goes:
            • Is Same Type Attack Bonus and Critical Hits present in this game? I didn't notice since I've been using mostly Eeveeon and landing super-effective hits (it's very refreshing for Eevee to have a large movepool for once, y'know?) every single time.
            • How are stat boosts calculated in battle? I spam the moves quite a lot and I don't see any noticeable effects. I guess I'm used to Pokémon's system of buffing up to 6 times and expected a wrecking ball fluffy puppy. Force of habit, I guess.
            • Is it safe to assume moves are directly lifted from 4th Gen's movelist? It was purely by instinct I leveled my Caterpie up to 15 to get Bug Bite, and I'd like to know if postponing evolution for other Pokémon would be beneficial too (it would be nice to have more than one Everstone if that's the case).
            Lastly, I'd like to offer some suggestions. How about some audiovisual cues to when you land a super-effective and not-very-effective hits, like color-coded damage values and/or special sound effects? Other than text confirmations of course, it would be a pain scrolling through all that.
            Also, how about changing how you acquire your Tetra stones through quests? It would be somewhat like Mega Man, giving players the option to choose which order of "power-ups" they want.

            Again, thank you for making this game. Good luck to your studies, and have a wonderful holiday season.
            Reply With Quote
              #1106    
            Old October 25th, 2011 (1:16 AM).
            DarkDoom3000's Avatar
            DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
            Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
               
              Join Date: Jul 2004
              Location: New Zealand
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 1,694
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ulamking View Post
              • Is Same Type Attack Bonus and Critical Hits present in this game? I didn't notice since I've been using mostly Eeveeon and landing super-effective hits (it's very refreshing for Eevee to have a large movepool for once, y'know?) every single time.
              • How are stat boosts calculated in battle? I spam the moves quite a lot and I don't see any noticeable effects. I guess I'm used to Pokémon's system of buffing up to 6 times and expected a wrecking ball fluffy puppy. Force of habit, I guess.
              • Is it safe to assume moves are directly lifted from 4th Gen's movelist? It was purely by instinct I leveled my Caterpie up to 15 to get Bug Bite, and I'd like to know if postponing evolution for other Pokémon would be beneficial too (it would be nice to have more than one Everstone if that's the case).
              STAB sadly doesn't exist in this game. :( . Thats one major annoyance with RPGmaker 2003, it's that the battle system can't be customised all too well. criticals, im not too sure of. I think it does, but can't be for certain.

              The movepool is mostly 4th gen, but updated so that every fully evolved pokemon will learn atleast 16 attacks naturally. So i've added a bunch of new moves and whatnot.

              and yes, caterpie does learn bug bite at lv 15, as an added bonus, evolved pokemon will retroactively learn attacks they would have. so when you evolve your caterpie to butterfree, it'll instantly learn confusion, poison,stun and sleep powders.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ulamking View Post
              Lastly, I'd like to offer some suggestions. How about some audiovisual cues to when you land a super-effective and not-very-effective hits, like color-coded damage values and/or special sound effects? Other than text confirmations of course, it would be a pain scrolling through all that.
              Sadly, the rigid battle system doesn't allow me to do stuff like that. the best indication would be the change in damage. but thats also hard to calculate due to defence stats and whatnot.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ulamking View Post
              Also, how about changing how you acquire your Tetra stones through quests? It would be somewhat like Mega Man, giving players the option to choose which order of "power-ups" they want.
              Hmm, thats a really good idea. I do like megaman. hmm...I think im gonna take that idea to heart. It would take a bit of work. I would have to modify a bunch of code to get that working. but i think ill do it... eventually. Don't expect to see it in demo 7,

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ulamking View Post
              Again, thank you for making this game. Good luck to your studies, and have a wonderful holiday season.
              Thanks, i will do. :D
              __________________
              Version 0.753 is out
              Thread | Website | Blog
              Reply With Quote
                #1107    
              Old November 5th, 2011 (12:01 PM).
              DForte's Avatar
              DForte DForte is offline
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2010
                Location: Florida, USA
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 155
                School has been kicking my butt, but I can finally see the updates.

                2 things:
                1. Disappointed to see that there's no new demo
                2. Excited about all the updates

                With the communication thing, are you gonna have everyone post here or are you gonna ask the mods of pokecommunity to possibly allow you to have a forum for it (like raptor)
                Reply With Quote
                  #1108    
                Old November 6th, 2011 (11:07 AM).
                66hunter66's Avatar
                66hunter66 66hunter66 is offline
                Itrainespeons. :D
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 31
                  Your doing an amazing job with this game, but I was wondering if you were planning on making all Pokemon Shiny-able? A shiny Gengar to go with my shiny Charizard would be just lovely! :D
                  Another petty question, are you going to be fixing the recycle mechanic in the next update? Some of the Tm's and Items don't work, no matter if you have all of the items needed or not, and I think there was one or two that didn't even use all of the items.
                  Other than that, good luck with your tests, and keep coming up with an amazing game!
                  __________________

                  Reply With Quote
                    #1109    
                  Old November 7th, 2011 (7:58 PM). Edited November 8th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.
                  DarkDoom3000's Avatar
                  DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
                  Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2004
                    Location: New Zealand
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 1,694
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DForte View Post
                    School has been kicking my butt, but I can finally see the updates.

                    2 things:
                    1. Disappointed to see that there's no new demo :(
                    2. Excited about all the updates

                    With the communication thing, are you gonna have everyone post here or are you gonna ask the mods of pokecommunity to possibly allow you to have a forum for it (like raptor)
                    Yeah... sorry about no demo. I had upgraded the scale of the update. from a simple update, it's a bit of a revamp. more of a systems revamp.

                    because of all the back-end changes, im working through the game map to map applying the changes. The good thing is that later updates shouldn't take nearly as long as this one.

                    We'll see how much intrest the communication thing gathers when the game releases. If the thread gets flooded with ID requests, then I could ask cerbila for a seperate thread.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by 66hunter66 View Post
                    Your doing an amazing job with this game, but I was wondering if you were planning on making all Pokemon Shiny-able? A shiny Gengar to go with my shiny Charizard would be just lovely! :D
                    Another petty question, are you going to be fixing the recycle mechanic in the next update? Some of the Tm's and Items don't work, no matter if you have all of the items needed or not, and I think there was one or two that didn't even use all of the items.
                    Other than that, good luck with your tests, and keep coming up with an amazing game!
                    Yeah, eventally all pokemon will be able to be shinified. Ill hopefully have it done by the next version; but i might skip it to ship the next version more quickly.

                    And yeah, the refining system is getting an overhawl. It's going to be much easier to navigate and see the bigger picture. (sort of like a skill tree)
                    __________________
                    Version 0.753 is out
                    Thread | Website | Blog
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1110    
                    Old November 8th, 2011 (9:36 AM).
                    Akura Akura is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2
                      The game is amazing. I hope you finish it soon!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1111    
                      Old November 10th, 2011 (11:13 AM).
                      BCKC's Avatar
                      BCKC BCKC is offline
                      A nobody, just like you.
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2010
                        Location: In front of my screen.
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 177
                        Wow, I've been inactive for awile.
                        I'm pretty sure I finished my job, but not all of it has been implemented last time I checked in 0.6. However, I must congratulate you, DarkDoom, on your progress. This thread needs a little more attention in my opinion

                        On a side note, anymore spellchecking that needs to be done?
                        __________________
                        I support
                        Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                        Reply With Quote
                          #1112    
                        Old November 11th, 2011 (12:52 AM). Edited November 11th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.
                        DarkDoom3000's Avatar
                        DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
                        Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2004
                          Location: New Zealand
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 1,694
                          @akura

                          thanks :D hope i get some good progress done soon.

                          @bckc
                          Don't worry about it, I've been slacking off more. :P

                          I've been basically re-writing the game. making pacing of the story better and whatnot
                          found that the first encounter with M is a huge information dump. seemed better to slowly explain everything, ie: giving the player the backstory more slowly.

                          On the plus side, I've been much more careful with my spellings; but some errors may have slipped through.
                          __________________
                          Version 0.753 is out
                          Thread | Website | Blog
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1113    
                          Old November 11th, 2011 (2:58 AM).
                          Lockmaster24's Avatar
                          Lockmaster24 Lockmaster24 is offline
                          Wise words of FizzyStardust
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2008
                            Location: Australia
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 779
                            Wow, you, careful with spelling :p

                            I'm sure we can deal with some slips, also i'm sorry but names spelt incorrectly irritate me. Make sure you check spelling of pokemon names with serebii or something.
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #1114    
                            Old November 13th, 2011 (8:10 PM).
                            Kiptracx Kiptracx is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 2
                              I just gave this "hack" a testrun of sorts, and I have to say, from what I've seen [veeeery little ], this definitely seems like an interesting sort of idea. No offense to "conventional" hacks, but I like the notion of a more "original" idea like this one.

                              I do have a couple questions [like everyone, it seems], regarding certain features of this:
                              1. I've looked on this thread, the website, and in various files of the download, and for the life of me, I can't find certain instructions/directions [for example, I didn't even know the game had a pause menu until an hour after starting]. Is there a guide/explanation of it that I missed somewhere? >.<
                              2. Relating to the above, sorta, I did find some intructions, but trying them in-game, a lot of them didn't work [for example, the shortcuts for the dex, tetra evolution, etc. were different from the shortcuts you said they were]. Wanted to see if it was a mistake on my end or something else.
                              3. Probably the least relevant, but I also couldn't find an answer to this and I have no idea how your program handles this. Will save files from this version [Beta 0.603] carry over to future versions or would a restart be required?

                              Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions aren't too straightforward. >.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #1115    
                              Old November 13th, 2011 (9:23 PM).
                              DarkDoom3000's Avatar
                              DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
                              Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2004
                                Location: New Zealand
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 1,694
                                @lockmaster:
                                Well, ill try my hardest. :P

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Kiptracx View Post
                                I just gave this "hack" a testrun of sorts, and I have to say, from what I've seen [veeeery little :P], this definitely seems like an interesting sort of idea. No offense to "conventional" hacks, but I like the notion of a more "original" idea like this one.

                                I do have a couple questions [like everyone, it seems], regarding certain features of this:
                                1. I've looked on this thread, the website, and in various files of the download, and for the life of me, I can't find certain instructions/directions [for example, I didn't even know the game had a pause menu until an hour after starting]. Is there a guide/explanation of it that I missed somewhere? >.<
                                2. Relating to the above, sorta, I did find some intructions, but trying them in-game, a lot of them didn't work [for example, the shortcuts for the dex, tetra evolution, etc. were different from the shortcuts you said they were]. Wanted to see if it was a mistake on my end or something else.
                                3. Probably the least relevant, but I also couldn't find an answer to this and I have no idea how your program handles this. Will save files from this version [Beta 0.603] carry over to future versions or would a restart be required?

                                Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions aren't too straightforward. >.<
                                The game gets whackier as you progress.
                                Yeah, the game isn't too good at instructions i found out. The next version should be better at explaining stuff. Both for people who've never played this game, and for people who've never played a pokemon game at all.

                                1-The readme file that comes with the game should explain simple stuff, including the controls. Professor oak also shows the controls in the introduction.

                                2- You might not have the items required to use the hotkey. I might has mislabeled the tetra element hotkey ingame.

                                Shift: Bike
                                1: Open Map, Phone or Quest Log
                                2: Open Pokedex, Badge Case or Trainer ID(can only use once you've talked to oak)
                                3: Day/Night/Old/New System(can only use once obtained)
                                4: ManMan2000(once obtained)
                                5: Tetra element(switch evee forms)(can only use once you have eevee)
                                6: Team Switcher (once obtained)

                                3- Usually it would carry over, but the next update (v0.7) is a big revamp, It will require a new game. :/
                                Future version after that should be able to use v0.7 save files.
                                __________________
                                Version 0.753 is out
                                Thread | Website | Blog
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1116    
                                Old November 13th, 2011 (10:56 PM).
                                Kiptracx Kiptracx is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 2
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post

                                  The game gets whackier as you progress.
                                  Yeah, the game isn't too good at instructions i found out. The next version should be better at explaining stuff. Both for people who've never played this game, and for people who've never played a pokemon game at all.

                                  1-The readme file that comes with the game should explain simple stuff, including the controls. Professor oak also shows the controls in the introduction.

                                  2- You might not have the items required to use the hotkey. I might has mislabeled the tetra element hotkey ingame.

                                  Shift: Bike
                                  1: Open Map, Phone or Quest Log
                                  2: Open Pokedex, Badge Case or Trainer ID(can only use once you've talked to oak)
                                  3: Day/Night/Old/New System(can only use once obtained)
                                  4: ManMan2000(once obtained)
                                  5: Tetra element(switch evee forms)(can only use once you have eevee)
                                  6: Team Switcher (once obtained)

                                  3- Usually it would carry over, but the next update (v0.7) is a big revamp, It will require a new game. :/
                                  Future version after that should be able to use v0.7 save files.

                                  Whackier can be good. :D I've checked out the screenshots of Necro's battle/domain and I was wondering [again, since I hadn't played anywhere far enough], will the battle be a "challenge"? Not the kind of hair-pulling, rage-quitting challenge some people adore, but it seemed from the screenies like the battle seems a bit easy. Was it just because it's the first one or are the screenshots purposely deceptive?

                                  1. The readme did explain some controls, but a majority [well, a few, anyway], it didn't. [at least the one I have.. which should be the most recent] It only gives the following instructions:

                                  CONTROLS:
                                  =========
                                  Directions Move
                                  Enter/Space/Z Select/Talk/Examine
                                  Esc/X/C/V/B/N/ Back/Cancel
                                  Shift Hop on Bike


                                  F12 Restart
                                  F4 Exit Full Screen
                                  F5 Toogle Screen Size

                                  I suppose the main one left out was how to open the "menu" which is why I was so lost about it, but it also doesn't tell the number-based shortcuts [your online walkthrough did, however, and... I find it weird how I missed something so obvious. Maybe I had a fail moment] Alas, Oak's instructions elude my memory. >.<

                                  2. I just tested it real quick and all the shortcuts [that should work right now] do, but I swear they didn't before. Maybe it was my imagination, I'm not sure. But the Tetra element hotkey does work. [I remember something about being able to use it in-battle and I think I tried but it didn't work but.. again, might be my imagination]

                                  3. Aww.. guess I'll wait for that one to start devotedly playing it, then.

                                  And of course, good luck and thank you for responding so quickly. :D
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #1117    
                                  Old November 14th, 2011 (3:07 AM).
                                  Lockmaster24's Avatar
                                  Lockmaster24 Lockmaster24 is offline
                                  Wise words of FizzyStardust
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                                    Location: Australia
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 779
                                    I understand you try your best. I mean, I suck at spelling, but you have a site deticated to pokemon with all the names there for you to use.
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #1118    
                                    Old November 14th, 2011 (5:20 PM).
                                    BCKC's Avatar
                                    BCKC BCKC is offline
                                    A nobody, just like you.
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2010
                                      Location: In front of my screen.
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 177
                                      Haha, I've been pretty bored recently (Playing Maplestory in my basement ).
                                      I might start the RMXP conversion again, though I need to start all over.
                                      The only thing stopping me right now is that v.7 is a complete overhaul :/

                                      EDIT: Wait...
                                      1. Play on regular save file
                                      2. Create new save file
                                      3. Get Trainer ID
                                      4. ?
                                      5. Profit!

                                      EDIT 2: Wow, I keep needing to add things right after I post.
                                      Anyway, DarkDoom, may I have editing privileges on your guides? They're wonderful, but the mistakes makes me so annoyed
                                      __________________
                                      I support
                                      Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #1119    
                                      Old November 14th, 2011 (7:47 PM).
                                      DarkDoom3000's Avatar
                                      DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
                                      Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2004
                                        Location: New Zealand
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 1,694
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
                                        I understand you try your best. I mean, I suck at spelling, but you have a site deticated to pokemon with all the names there for you to use.
                                        Yeah, true that. I don't really use pokemon names much except for battles, so it shouldn't be too much errors in that respect.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
                                        Haha, I've been pretty bored recently (Playing Maplestory in my basement >_>).
                                        I might start the RMXP conversion again, though I need to start all over.
                                        The only thing stopping me right now is that v.7 is a complete overhaul :/

                                        The mapping is much the same, that would be a good starting off point?

                                        EDIT: Wait...
                                        1. Play on regular save file
                                        2. Create new save file
                                        3. Get Trainer ID
                                        4. ?
                                        5. Profit!

                                        Yeah, i thought about that. right now; you don't get trainer card until you get eevee, you have to play a bit.

                                        But the other option would be that you could only view your ID from the rainbow tower, which would mean you have to play through half the game to view the id.



                                        EDIT 2: Wow, I keep needing to add things right after I post.
                                        Anyway, DarkDoom, may I have editing privileges on your guides? They're wonderful, but the mistakes makes me so annoyed >_>
                                        Sure, gimmie your google account and ill make it editable to you.

                                        I've done some decent progress throught the last few days, the 1/3 done. (ie: script and balance has been updated to the point where you fight necro.)

                                        Since I can't really show the rebalance, I might as well post some things i've been thinking about.

                                        Female Character.

                                        Someone posted whether you could play as a female character, I said you couldn't but now that i think about it; It shouldn't be *too* hard to put it in there. Im not gonna do it anytime soon; but if i were to, The roles of Crystal and Gold would be switched around. The thing that could take a large amount of time would be to switch around the face graphics every time the main character speaks.


                                        Rival Mode

                                        I was thinking about having an alternate mode, or sidequests or somthing where you play as the rival and go through parts of the game in his point of view. Would be a good way to build up his backstory. If i were to do something like that it would be a long way off.
                                        Still undecided whether it would be a seperate down, expansion or just a sidequest thing.


                                        Preview Demo???

                                        I'm thinking of releasing a kind of "preview" demo. since i haven't released anything for a while.
                                        also people could comment if it's too easy, too hard etc. It would go up to necro, but ill probably release maps so further areas will be reachable once i've balanced them too.
                                        __________________
                                        Version 0.753 is out
                                        Thread | Website | Blog
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1120    
                                        Old November 15th, 2011 (2:30 AM).
                                        Lockmaster24's Avatar
                                        Lockmaster24 Lockmaster24 is offline
                                        Wise words of FizzyStardust
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                                          Location: Australia
                                          Age: 24
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 779
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
                                          Haha, I've been pretty bored recently (Playing Maplestory in my basement ).
                                          Really, you play maple. So do I. :D
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post

                                          Female Character.

                                          Someone posted whether you could play as a female character, I said you couldn't but now that i think about it; It shouldn't be *too* hard to put it in there. Im not gonna do it anytime soon; but if i were to, The roles of Crystal and Gold would be switched around. The thing that could take a large amount of time would be to switch around the face graphics every time the main character speaks.
                                          You could do it like Black and White and have two original heros and keep Crystal as she is or make an original female "rival" (loose term for crystal) and make Crystal the female character.

                                          Of course there is the extreme of not making the main characters gender clear and putting Gold in there as another NPC.
                                          __________________
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #1121    
                                          Old November 15th, 2011 (2:55 AM).
                                          Ulamking Ulamking is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2011
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 3
                                            Heya just popping by to say thanks for answering my questions, and to say that I'm flattered you used my suggestion.

                                            I wouldn't mind a preview demo. I'd like to see your progress so far.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #1122    
                                            Old November 15th, 2011 (1:30 PM).
                                            BCKC's Avatar
                                            BCKC BCKC is offline
                                            A nobody, just like you.
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2010
                                              Location: In front of my screen.
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 177
                                              Preview demo?
                                              Definitely.

                                              Female protagonist?
                                              Well, you could just make a separate one, but that would need a backstory as to where she came from. (Although it is easier.)
                                              __________________
                                              I support
                                              Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #1123    
                                              Old November 18th, 2011 (6:17 PM). Edited November 18th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.
                                              DarkDoom3000's Avatar
                                              DarkDoom3000 DarkDoom3000 is offline
                                              Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2004
                                                Location: New Zealand
                                                Age: 25
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Calm
                                                Posts: 1,694
                                                Ill probably ditch the female protagonist idea. It's gonna take too much work.

                                                I've been doing a decent amount of progress. just been coding up the updated refining system while watching through entourage, such a great TV show.
                                                Ill probably do a preview demo, Im trying to get the refining system and tutorial complete before the weekends over.

                                                Also, the total downloads for Demo6 have passed demo5 now. :D sitting just under 1000.
                                                __________________
                                                Version 0.753 is out
                                                Thread | Website | Blog
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #1124    
                                                Old November 18th, 2011 (8:51 PM).
                                                Pia Carrot's Avatar
                                                Pia Carrot Pia Carrot is offline
                                                There is no brighter jewel...
                                                • Silver Tier
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Aug 2010
                                                Age: 22
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Adamant
                                                Posts: 731
                                                Looking good man. You've inspired me to move from Pokemon onto original RPGs, and I think I wouldn't have gotten there without playing this game, as it was the greatest transition I've ever experienced. To anyone reading this, if you haven't played this game, you should. It's worth the memories.
                                                __________________


                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #1125    
                                                Old November 22nd, 2011 (7:10 PM).
                                                Dying Light's Avatar
                                                Dying Light Dying Light is offline
                                                Pegasus Knight
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                                                  Location: Exiled
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Hardy
                                                  Posts: 368
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
                                                  Looking good man. You've inspired me to move from Pokemon onto original RPGs, and I think I wouldn't have gotten there without playing this game, as it was the greatest transition I've ever experienced. To anyone reading this, if you haven't played this game, you should. It's worth the memories.
                                                  Well said. I definitely have to agree. I have played a variety of RPG games, from Final Fantasy to Pokemon. This piece of work...; better yet, this piece of art is a symbol as to the very original style of RPG game. Plus, it helps to have a good change-up to the classics we all know and admire.
                                                  __________________
                                                  None

                                                  “Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:57 PM.