• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splitting the tier. [Wi-fi Tournament]

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years

what do we say to split the tier?!

Approved by Aurafire

This is a new tournament is hopes to boost activity around here. The rules are a little different here though. Here, you will only be using the lower half of the standard tier, which can change the results ot anything.

This will be a standard singles tournament with 6 Pokemon on each side. and only the challenger is allowed to make substitutions.

So what do I mean about having a split tier? Well I mean the OU tier will be split in two and you will only be allowed to use the lower half of the tier, based on the usage statistics on Smogon from May.

The following Pokemon from the OU tier are banned, as well as all Uber Pokemon.
    Code:
    - Scizor
    - Tyranitar
    - Heatran
    - Gyarados
    - Jirachi
    - Gengar
    - Metagross
    - Swampert
    - Infernape
    - Starmie
    - Lucario
    - Blissey
    - Machamp
    - Latias
    - Azelf
    - Gliscor
    - Breloom
    - Skarmory
    - Vaporeon
    - Rotom-H
    - Magnezone
    - Celebi
    - Suicune
    - Flygon

rules...

This is strictly a wi-fi tournament. Under no circumstances should a battle for this be performed on Shoddy Battle. Battle Revolution battles, however, are allowed.

Under no circumstances should you use any Pokemon banned from this tournament. Doing so will see yourself disqualified.

The following clauses are in play for this:
    Sleep Clause; Freeze Clause; OHKO Clause; Evasion Clause; Species Clause; Self-Destruct/Explosion Clause Clause

This tournament will be run using the Standard/OU tier. You may choose to use other Pokemon from the other tiers (bar Ubers), but at your own disadvantage.

This is a standard tournament with eight participants. Once we run out of spots, no complaining about not getting in/asking about the next tournament.

You will have 3 days after the announcement of pairings to battle your opponent. Failing to do so will conclude in both of you getting disqualified.

Only really post here for winning/confirming your loss or signing up for the tournament. Please refrain from chatting away in here.

Follow all general Pokecommunity rules, as well as Battle Stadium rules.

how to sign up...

Simple. Just post with the following form, and the first eight people will get in.

Username:
    Game Name:
    Friend Code:

prizes...

Everyone loves prizes, and from winning this tournament, you can win a prize. Heck, because I'm feeling generous, I'll throw in a prize for whoever comes second as well.

1st Prize:

Gyarados
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant
    IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | x | 31 | 31
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Stone Edge / Earthquake

2nd Prize:

Masquerain
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Modest
    IVs: 31 | x | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball / Bug Buzz

participants/pairings...

1. Polkop [2407 1744 9691]
    2. ~Princess of Johto~ [4254 5670 1756]
    3. Fear Akuma [5156 5377 3212]
    4. Yams [0259 6271 8547]
    5. Dragon Omega [3825 2856 1467]
    6. Noblebeastx [3438 7562 6752]
    7. KanadeTenshi [1849 6304 6093]
    8. Redsaber5859 [0002 7110 3637]

1. Yams v ~Princess of Johto~
    2. KanadeTenshi v Polkop
    3. Redsaber5859 v Fear Akuma
    4. Noblebeastx v Dragon Omega

Last edited:

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I'd like to participate on Diamond version.

Username:Yams
    Game name: Al Gore
    FC: 0259 6271 8547

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I'll have a go :)
    Username : Dragonomega
    Name : Lyra
    Friend Code : 3825 2856 1467

:/ Wow this tourney Bans out some of my best but I have all pokemon from OU so :P

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    If Infernape,Empoleon & Torterra are aloud and are not ban i will join.This will be my first tourament so im not sure.

Username : Noblebeastx
    Game Name :Noble
    Friend Code : 3438 7562 6752

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Sorry for not update for a while. Everyone up to Noblebeastx has been updated to the OP.

But yeah, Infernape is banned from this tournament. Empoleon and Torterra are allowed though.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Added the last two competitors to the tournament.

Now that we have the last two competitors, we have a full game! Please look at the Original Post for pairings. You will have three days to complete your battle and post here saying who won or lost.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    Added the last two competitors to the tournament.

Now that we have the last two competitors, we have a full game! Please look at the Original Post for pairings. You will have three days to complete your battle and post here saying who won or lost.

Does this mean it's too late to join? :pink_cry:

I answered my question by further reading the OP. Ah well, GL to all participating.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I Still want to do it but why is infernape ban but not the other 2

Because Infernape is in the OU tier and the part that is banned has infernape in it. Empoleon doesn't get used as much and torterra is not even in the OU tier

Back