• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Mystery Dungeon Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
@hotmail.com or @live.com?

EDIT: I gotta go, my friends are here. Talk to AvatarKris, my buddy. His MSN is [email protected]

Welcome to the team, dude.

EDIT 2: Screenshot time, with the new HGSS tileset from Alucus.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
OMG ... that new screen shot has some godly tiles ... well they're mostly hg/ss but i love the trees !!!

Danno

Years
They look pretty good mixed together, I think ;)

Finished face pics 1-151, gotta keep adding items and moves and stuff.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I think they clash, mainly the mailbox actually. It seems off.

Danno

Years
Eh, I like it enough.I just need to fix the shadow at the bottom of the mailbox and it's fine.

Danno

Years
Did that, but the current screenshots don't show the battle system. That's only because the Debug Caves aren't really needed anymore :D

Also, support bars, and the game's name has been created! Notice the Unown... they'll play a vital role ;)

Danno

Years
It's not a hack, it's a game made in RMXP :D

I would like to make it so you could choose your starter, but I don't have the scripting knowledge to be able to do so, and have it work with the Advanced Message System... so unless a way is found to do that, we're stuck with my pre-selected team. No worries though, you end up working with all the other starters and team members that were in the first and second generations of pokemon in the actual Mystery Dungeon games.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Oh god T_T
This is basic RMXP *facepalm* to work with the advance message system use
\n[X] where X is the actor's name, simply reserve a name for your character through that.

You are disappoint.

Danno

Years
You're being a jerk. Yeah, that IS basic RMXP. The part that isn't basic is setting up scripts to make it have \n work when you have different actors as the main character. You always have to specify what character is talking, and if you're playing the whole game through as a Pikachu, and someone else plays as Eevee, then it doesn't exactly work correctly.

I've been using RMXP for 5 years, I know the basics. Please don't bring your offensive tones into this thread, I don't care if you're some big shot at Calis.

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Then obviously change the stats using RMXP's functions, along with the name. You do realize you can generate a character like that.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I don't mean to sound like an as* but I dont see any other way to ask these questions, U are the same meowth who was working on MSB(Mewtwo Strikes Back), right? If you are then why did u drop that project for this piece of crap, MSB showed promise had many supporters and you quit the project claiming u couldn't finish cause lack of help. So how did you start this? If they wouldn't help you with MSB why would you get support for this? If I got the wrong person than i apolgize, but if I dont then my questions are just, so is my lack of interest in this project...

Danno

Years
It's not dropped, it's on hold... AvatarKris was going on vacation, and Alucus is busy with life... he's making the tiles we need to progress further. Would you help? I'd appreciate people's negativity to be turned into PRODUCTIVITY. If you're just gonna bi*ch, please help instead.

Here is MSB's thread.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183762&page=14

And to Poeman: I don't know how to do that without scripting. Each actor has their own set skills and stats. The same statement above applies for you, as well.

And to anyone else who has a problem with this: Please keep it out of the thread, send me a PM. Drama is not necessary.

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Page 3
Change parameters
Change Skills
Change Actor Name
Change Actor graphic

It's not drama it's you not listening.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Page 3
Change parameters
Change Skills
Change Actor Name
Change Actor graphic

It is drama because of your tone. There wouldn't have been a problem if you had said this in the first place instead of insulting him and basically calling him stupid in two different comments.

And hey, Meowth, are you using the PMD starter kit someone put out are starting from scratch?

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
It is drama because of your tone. There wouldn't have been a problem if you had said this in the first place instead of insulting him and basically calling him stupid in two different comments.

And hey, Meowth, are you using the PMD starter kit someone put out are starting from scratch?

The PMD starter kit from CNG is for RPGVX so I don't think he is. Also, Poeman, he's right, you have to fix your attitude. I'm sorry if this comes across incorrectly, I don't mean to be rude, but u seem to have a negative, or pompous (don't know if I spelled that correctly...) attitude. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Alright guys, this thread has been derailed pretty badly, try to keep on topic from this point on, alright?

Danno

Years
Page 3
Change parameters
Change Skills
Change Actor Name
Change Actor graphic

It's not me not listening, because I didn't know how to do it, plain and simple. It's still too complex and I will not be doing it that way, because there is more to it than that. My game, my way, thank you for at least making an attempt in the end.

I'm not, like they said; it's in RMXP, the kit is for VX... so it's all scratch with some scripts I've found through searching. :)

Alright guys, this thread has been derailed pretty badly, try to keep on topic from this point on, alright?

My apologies... I try not to have this sorta thing go on, but some people...

So. I'm at a friend's house right now and won't be able to work on the game until maybe tomorrow night or Thursday, but I have some plans :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back