• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
Yes, I know the new team can be discussed at the New Trailer Thread, but I feel there should be a thread where we can discuss more indepth about Team Plasma. Also there should be more info about them sooner or later.

TeamPlasma.png

(Again, bare with my Youtube screencap image for the time being until I can find official art of them or something >.>; ).

Finally, after waiting for quite sometime, it's confirmed that the new team will be Team Plasma and they're shown from the trailer Oha Suta played. For now we don't know too much about their plans, goals, etc., although most likely it'll be dealing with getting Reshiram and/or Zekrom. Liking though they seem to go for the medieval vibe. Then again, I'm a medieval nut. XD

So, any thoughts, speculations, wild ideas about the team for the time being? :P *gets shot for likely bad pun*

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Love the outfits but the dudes don't look like dudes. I was hoping for variation but it is a uniform they most wear, down to their faces. *sigh*

*shoots yo for bad pun* Seriously? T.T______T.T

:P

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I love and Hate their Outfits at the same time lolz There's something to it that I hate and love. Though the creast they have looks cool

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
I think that it is definitely an interesting choice. I personally would have never thought of a medieval-theamed organization which might make this plot way more interesting (even though it already was).

Something I find intriguing is the beginning of the sequence with the crown being placed on someone's head. Based on the picture of the grunts and the theme I would assume this has to deal with Team Plasma and the guy looks A LOT like N, not the evil guy they showed us a while back (with the red eye). So at the moment I have a few theories:

1. It turns out the guy is N who has gone insane with power.

2. The guy is N's father, is head of the organization, and is either trying to get his son to join, or despises his son and N joins up with you eventually to bring down his father.

3. Same idea as above, but with the guy as N's brother (may or may not be twin).

4. N has split personalities.

5. They have nothing to do with each other and it is just a coincidence the guy at the beginning of the sequence looks like N. ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Wow, and I thought Team Galactic had suits that were unparalleled in crappy-ness.

Good job GameFreak, you know how to prove me wrong.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Doesn't this seem a little old for now xD How will this make sense with the future part in Pokemon Black?

Palantides

Village Idiot
Years
For some reason they remind me of knights and yet they also look like a particular group known for racism (won't say the name here, but you should get what I mean).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
The look futuristic and medieval all in one. I like them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 7, 2015
I don't like them...Why do the costumes get more ridiculous each generation? I was really hoping there would be no team this time round... *sadface*

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
I don't like them...Why do the costumes get more ridiculous each generation? I was really hoping there would be no team this time round... *sadface*

Oh dear, yeah D;
It gets boring Team Rocket, Team Aqua/Magma, Team Galaxy, Team /insertnamehere...*sigh*

Anyways, actually they would look better if they got rid of those hoods.
They want Plasma to look like this ?

costume-deguisement-adulte-homme-moyen-age-chevalier-arthur-tunique-longue-rouge-ceinture-casque-et-6399686.jpeg

Well fine, but...at least they could try to make it suitable >_>
Eh...I'm not saying I hate, but I'm not loving the design that much either D:

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Their name lacks any... inspiration.
Rocket was... well, the team already has the most respectable legacy anyway as the only realistically reprehensible one, and the others, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, they all reflect what the team wants to achieve. Plasma is just that blue, green or white glowing stuff you shoot around in space combat.

Their costumes aren't bad per se, although the choice to add mail-esque hoods was in my eyes poor, they're just really out of place in Pokemon, inappropriate, eccentric; and now this has been taken the to point of humourability. The colour choices especially make them look more like knights of some good-doing order, but then again, the Teutonic order used white and black too, and killing pagans for being pagan isn't seen as a good thing anymore.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
Oh dear, yeah D;
It gets boring Team Rocket, Team Aqua/Magma, Team Galaxy, Team /insertnamehere...*sigh*

Anyways, actually they would look better if they got rid of those hoods.
They want Plasma to look like this ?

costume-deguisement-adulte-homme-moyen-age-chevalier-arthur-tunique-longue-rouge-ceinture-casque-et-6399686.jpeg

Well fine, but...at least they could try to make it suitable >_>
Eh...I'm not saying I hate, but I'm not loving the design that much either D:

The grunts always dress a certain way to hint at what the evil team is planning.

Team Rocket grunts just looked like shady characters that would probably mug you. Giovanni was planning on using pokemon for money.

Team Magma grunts dressed in red and wore hoods to protect themselves from things like soot. Maxie wanted to use lava and Groudon to expand the lands of the world.

Team Aqua grunts dressed like Pirates. Archie wanted to use water and Kyogre to expand the seas of the world.

Team Galactic grunts dressed in futuristic jumpsuits so they looked like spacemen. Cyrus was planning on changing the future.

Team Plasma grunts dress like midieval knights to show that they are enforcing the old ways. Team Plasma's leader probably wants to change the ways of the present to how they were in the past.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Is it just me or does it look like there going for a bit of a knight/royal theme just look at the costumes...? And if you have a look at the start of the trailer you see some guy putting some crown on some other guy... that must have somthing to do with Team Plasma then?

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
Team Plasma grunts dress like midieval knights to show that they are enforcing the old ways. Team Plasma's leader probably wants to change the ways of the present to how they were in the past.

Sure, and this is the part I like in the outfit. But their hoods are weird compared to the "knight" in that pic. Maybe it's because of the cross on it ? xD
Dunno, but something's bugging me. >w<
And the idea you mentioned of turning things back to how they were in the past definetly would be interesting. ouo

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Their name lacks any... inspiration.
Rocket was... well, the team already has the most respectable legacy anyway as the only realistically reprehensible one, and the others, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, they all reflect what the team wants to achieve. Plasma is just that blue, green or white glowing stuff you shoot around in space combat.

This.

I don't understand where 'Plasma' has any reference to anything we've seen so far except a single non-legendary pokémon design.

:S

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years

Sure, and this is the part I like in the outfit. But their hoods are weird compared to the "knight" in that pic. Maybe it's because of the cross on it ? xD
Dunno, but something's bugging me. >w<
And the idea you mentioned of turning things back to how they were in the past definetly would be interesting. ouo

N probably has something to do with Team Plasma.

- He has green hair
- He talked about making the world black and white by separating pokemon and humans

I was just keeping N's possible goal in mind when I was thinking of what Team Plasma was after.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Omg, this is the second time a Ben 10 reference could be made, first with Gigaiasu and now with Team Plasma being the Forever Knights! :)

Jk, But I actually really like them, I was expecting to be disappointed but I am not so I'm happy.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
This.

I don't understand where 'Plasma' has any reference to anything we've seen so far except a single non-legendary pokémon design.

:S

Plasma has a lot to do with Lightning. Plasma is also in Fire.

Im assuming that the third legendary is Ice, or whatever would combat a type of Plasma.

Just to back myself up: Dry Ice contains no Plasma and neither does regular Ice.

If the third legendary was Ice/Dragon that would confirm that we would have another third legendary that would be meant to stop the other two from causing havoc.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
- He has green hair
People with green hair MUST be evil!! (Na, im joking)

I agree with you on the midieval thing though! The knights, the crown... oh, and those buildings that came up at the start of the trailer looked somewhat like a castle to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back