ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #351    
Old August 15th, 2010 (2:41 PM). Edited August 15th, 2010 by k-van.
k-van k-van is offline
Ruler of K-vanian Empire
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: I live where you don't.
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 156
    WAY TO GO pokemonlover. You just ruined the whole game with the guessing what the legendary is. I suggest you delete the post now and send a PM to CBM. That is what Master Terrador did after I told him not to give away the secret on the previous page. Look at what I said and you will understand....

    And were you at lv30 for it?

    EDIT: Nevermind. I found a much easier way to get a prism stone then to try and make one at the jewelers. But I will only tell people that are at lv30 for jeweling and have taken the time to try and actually get it. PM me if you want to find out.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #352    
    Old August 16th, 2010 (6:07 AM).
    pokemonlover493's Avatar
    pokemonlover493 pokemonlover493 is offline
    Trainer
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 353
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by k-van View Post
      WAY TO GO pokemonlover. You just ruined the whole game with the guessing what the legendary is. I suggest you delete the post now and send a PM to CBM. That is what Master Terrador did after I told him not to give away the secret on the previous page. Look at what I said and you will understand....

      And were you at lv30 for it?

      EDIT: Nevermind. I found a much easier way to get a prism stone then to try and make one at the jewelers. But I will only tell people that are at lv30 for jeweling and have taken the time to try and actually get it. PM me if you want to find out.
      I didn't think that was what the legendary was, because I didn't think it would be considered one, beacause of its pokedex page number.
        #353    
      Old August 16th, 2010 (8:24 AM).
      Heart's Soul's Avatar
      Heart's Soul Heart's Soul is offline
      Hey, look, I was gone.
         
        Join Date: Nov 2007
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2,534
        You guys know what? Forget the legendary, let CBM finish the game.
        __________________
        "No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
          #354    
        Old August 16th, 2010 (9:00 AM).
        Roareye's Avatar
        Roareye Roareye is offline
        a.k.a. Khaladar
           
          Join Date: Feb 2008
          Age: 27
          Posts: 16
          30 Jewelling. Got the prism stone. Now what.
            #355    
          Old August 16th, 2010 (9:04 AM).
          Heart's Soul's Avatar
          Heart's Soul Heart's Soul is offline
          Hey, look, I was gone.
             
            Join Date: Nov 2007
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 2,534
            Use it on a Eevee. You got a new Pokemon!
            __________________
            "No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
              #356    
            Old August 16th, 2010 (1:48 PM).
            Melash's Avatar
            Melash Melash is offline
            Back for now.
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Location: Idaho
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 425
              I would like to get a confirmation from Coolboyman that the Pokemon you receive after using the Prism Ring on Eevee is indeed the legendary.

              It really would make sense, he said that it was something we wouldn't expect.

              Kinda disappointed that my previous theory was incorrect.
                #357    
              Old August 16th, 2010 (2:14 PM).
              Coolboyman's Avatar
              Coolboyman Coolboyman is offline
              Veteran Hacker
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2003
                Location: The East Bay
                Age: 29
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 471
                Yea it's the legendary, good job!

                I consider it a legendary because you have a 1/(130 - Jeweling Level) chance of making a Prism Stone. And it takes a LOT of time to get to level 30. It can learn all the moves the Eevee evolutions can by leveling up, and can learn every single TM/HM. So you actually have to WORK to get it, and I plan on Legendaries in the future being really difficult to find, so they actually live up to their titles - LEGENDARY.
                  #358    
                Old August 16th, 2010 (2:16 PM).
                pokemonlover493's Avatar
                pokemonlover493 pokemonlover493 is offline
                Trainer
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                  Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 353
                  I'm disappointed, because, I got the legendary, and I think I caught every pokemon that can be caught in the beta.
                    #359    
                  Old August 16th, 2010 (2:29 PM).
                  GaXeL's Avatar
                  GaXeL GaXeL is offline
                  Feraligatr Master
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lax
                    Posts: 209
                    Question. What would be considered an abnormal type? xD
                    __________________
                    My monotype

                    My sub
                      #360    
                    Old August 16th, 2010 (2:46 PM).
                    Taichi's Avatar
                    Taichi Taichi is offline
                    The Keyblader of The Future
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2006
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 431
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
                      Yea it's the legendary, good job!

                      I consider it a legendary because you have a 1/(130 - Jeweling Level) chance of making a Prism Stone. And it takes a LOT of time to get to level 30. It can learn all the moves the Eevee evolutions can by leveling up, and can learn every single TM/HM. So you actually have to WORK to get it, and I plan on Legendaries in the future being really difficult to find, so they actually live up to their titles - LEGENDARY.
                      I still wanted that Epic Swellow with the Legendary music. It'd be hilarious if you put a Swellow with legendary music later on in a future beta as a Faux Legendary and make someone go on a wild goose chase for a frickin swellow. They'd be so pissed. (But I'd be like AWESOME!)
                      __________________
                      The Fake Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Commercial
                        #361    
                      Old August 16th, 2010 (4:37 PM).
                      k-van k-van is offline
                      Ruler of K-vanian Empire
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2010
                        Location: I live where you don't.
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 156
                        Now that the cat is out of the bag, what move types is prism (Prizmeon's pokemon type) weak against?
                          #362    
                        Old August 16th, 2010 (4:42 PM).
                        The Corrupt Plague's Avatar
                        The Corrupt Plague The Corrupt Plague is offline
                        Missingno. hunter
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2009
                          Location: Glitch city
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 784
                          I finally know what the sixth member of my Prism team is going to be, though I will admit that it would have been pretty funny to see "Bite Me" come back as a one time joke.
                          __________________

                          Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
                            #363    
                          Old August 16th, 2010 (4:47 PM).
                          zdude0127 zdude0127 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: May 2008
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 49
                            I have a question that has been bugging the hell out of me for a while now. Why did you change the TM list back to the original list from GSC? In my opinion, that is the worst TM list in the entire franchise. GSC was the best generation, but the TM list sucked.
                              #364    
                            Old August 16th, 2010 (5:29 PM).
                            Coolboyman's Avatar
                            Coolboyman Coolboyman is offline
                            Veteran Hacker
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2003
                              Location: The East Bay
                              Age: 29
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 471
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by zdude0127 View Post
                              I have a question that has been bugging the hell out of me for a while now. Why did you change the TM list back to the original list from GSC? In my opinion, that is the worst TM list in the entire franchise. GSC was the best generation, but the TM list sucked.
                              It's a patience issue. I did not have the patience to set the new TM/HM flags for every single Pokemon. However I'm planning to have move tutors later on to teach moves that the TM's taught in the previous prism version.
                                #365    
                              Old August 16th, 2010 (8:37 PM).
                              The Corrupt Plague's Avatar
                              The Corrupt Plague The Corrupt Plague is offline
                              Missingno. hunter
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2009
                                Location: Glitch city
                                Age: 24
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Naughty
                                Posts: 784
                                I think I can recall seeing an NPC that used to be found in the old 2007 beta at Laurel city that said that a Pokemon's spirit can be found circling the town every night. Was that part of a scrapped plotline? He's nowhere to be found in the new one. As outdated as the old beta is, I find it very interesting to compare it to the current one.
                                __________________

                                Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
                                  #366    
                                Old August 16th, 2010 (10:27 PM).
                                dooshboi's Avatar
                                dooshboi dooshboi is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                                  Location: NY
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 17
                                  Great hack. You know you should do a tutorial on ASM, you seem to comprehend it better than a lot of people (obviously because of your hacks) so yeah, a tutorial from you could be a lot less confusing than one of those more buisness-like tutorials you see on different websites. Don't get me wrong, z80 assembly is complex, but it can't be too hard to teach.
                                    #367    
                                  Old August 16th, 2010 (10:28 PM).
                                  Melash's Avatar
                                  Melash Melash is offline
                                  Back for now.
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2008
                                    Location: Idaho
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 425
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by The Corrupt Plague View Post
                                    I think I can recall seeing an NPC that used to be found in the old 2007 beta at Laurel city that said that a Pokemon's spirit can be found circling the town every night. Was that part of a scrapped plotline? He's nowhere to be found in the new one. As outdated as the old beta is, I find it very interesting to compare it to the current one.
                                    I remember that NPC too. Perhaps it was moved to another town, and it will be a future event. That's got me interested to go back in and compare the two versions further..
                                      #368    
                                    Old August 17th, 2010 (11:30 AM).
                                    pokemonlover493's Avatar
                                    pokemonlover493 pokemonlover493 is offline
                                    Trainer
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2009
                                      Location: Lumiose City, Kalos
                                      Age: 23
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Lax
                                      Posts: 353
                                      Quick question for future releases.
                                      How are you going to make Leafeon, and Glaceon available in the game?

                                      Question about current release.
                                      Why did you make Masquerain available in this beta but not Surskit? You get Masquerain by headbutting trees.
                                        #369    
                                      Old August 17th, 2010 (5:26 PM).
                                      pizzakoe's Avatar
                                      pizzakoe pizzakoe is offline
                                      Experienced Spriter
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2007
                                        Age: 24
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Hardy
                                        Posts: 113
                                        wow CBM,
                                        every single thing you changed or added or edited in your hacks simply amazed my every single time, but right now you really disappointed me, and then I mean that I'm REALLY disappointed.
                                        I mean: Adding Fakemon? It's so not like you, and yet you did it.. phew..
                                        PLEASE tell me that Prizmeon (or whatever its name is) is the ONLY one you added, please!
                                        You didn't have to add it, I mean: Most people hate the fact that hackers put fakemons in their games, and yet YOU did it, you really disapointed me, your hack is what I believe one of the most popular hacks around here, adding fakemon really doesn't make your hack more popular!
                                        I always loved pokemon Prism, but right now I don't know what to think anymore, you kinda got me confused, from what I've seen in Brown and Prism: this is so not like you..

                                        Spoiler:

                                        Please don't be rude to me and think this is some kind of hate post, I know you are kind of pissed off about lot's of posts you get, but I don't want to offend you with this post, really!
                                        I know you can get upset quickly if something doesn't go the way it has to go, since you've got asperger's (If I'm not mistaken(?)) my brother has it too, so you can say I kinda understand the way you think,
                                        __________________
                                          #370    
                                        Old August 17th, 2010 (5:36 PM).
                                        lizardman974's Avatar
                                        lizardman974 lizardman974 is offline
                                        I'm honestly just that awesome
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2008
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 156
                                          GUYS! I revived an Anorith, and it was holding a Green Orb! You can get fossils (very rarely) from mining. You need a fossil and 15 coal to revive it in the Laurel Labs.
                                          __________________


                                            #371    
                                          Old August 17th, 2010 (6:08 PM).
                                          altariaking's Avatar
                                          altariaking altariaking is offline
                                          Needs NO VMs...
                                             
                                            Join Date: Dec 2009
                                            Location: Scotland, Lesmahagow
                                            Age: 42
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Naive
                                            Posts: 1,098
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by pizzakoe View Post
                                            wow CBM,
                                            every single thing you changed or added or edited in your hacks simply amazed my every single time, but right now you really disappointed me, and then I mean that I'm REALLY disappointed.
                                            I mean: Adding Fakemon? It's so not like you, and yet you did it.. phew..
                                            PLEASE tell me that Prizmeon (or whatever its name is) is the ONLY one you added, please!
                                            You didn't have to add it, I mean: Most people hate the fact that hackers put fakemons in their games, and yet YOU did it, you really disapointed me, your hack is what I believe one of the most popular hacks around here, adding fakemon really doesn't make your hack more popular!
                                            I always loved pokemon Prism, but right now I don't know what to think anymore, you kinda got me confused, from what I've seen in Brown and Prism: this is so not like you..

                                            Spoiler:

                                            Please don't be rude to me and think this is some kind of hate post, I know you are kind of pissed off about lot's of posts you get, but I don't want to offend you with this post, really!
                                            I know you can get upset quickly if something doesn't go the way it has to go, since you've got asperger's (If I'm not mistaken(?)) my brother has it too, so you can say I kinda understand the way you think,
                                            When you're clever enough to make a hack, you can put no fakemon in it, ok?
                                            Just remember, fakemon = originality.
                                            legendary fakemon you get from evolving eevee with a special item = originality at maximum.
                                            m'kay?
                                            So, here's hoping for more legendary fakemon that are hard to get!
                                            __________________
                                            http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=253113
                                              #372    
                                            Old August 17th, 2010 (7:47 PM).
                                            Bluelatios*'s Avatar
                                            Bluelatios* Bluelatios* is offline
                                            SOVA leader
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2007
                                              Location: Alto Mare, Johto
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Jolly
                                              Posts: 107
                                              Well...I'm sorry I have to agree with pizzakoe. I would have thought sticking to true Pokemon originality would be better for the hacks image. But like you said CBM, it is your game so there is nothing stopping you, nor is Prizmeon going to be ruining my experience. Just keep in mind, we are not trying to complain, only trying to help :). I have an idea. You could create 2 slightly altered Prism versions, one without Fakemon for the "originalists" or whatever. Its up to you, consider what other people may say about this later on, and good luck as always :D!

                                              PS: might I suggest: don't make the legendaries TOO impossible to get. you want it to be hard, but not pull-your-hairs-out-and-scream-cuss-words-for-an-hour-hard. I'm sure people will want to have another Pokedex-completion race, but you want people to like it right? Good luck man!
                                                #373    
                                              Old August 17th, 2010 (9:09 PM).
                                              Melash's Avatar
                                              Melash Melash is offline
                                              Back for now.
                                                 
                                                Join Date: May 2008
                                                Location: Idaho
                                                Age: 23
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Relaxed
                                                Posts: 425
                                                I don't see why anyone should be making a big deal about Prizmeon. It's ONE Fakemon. Personally, I hate Fakemon. Most of them are poorly done. However, this Fakemon is extremely hard to get. Unless you read through this thread, you probably wouldn't even know about it. Just my two cents.
                                                  #374    
                                                Old August 17th, 2010 (9:14 PM).
                                                axman11224's Avatar
                                                axman11224 axman11224 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                                                  Gender:
                                                  Posts: 81
                                                  If it was a real Poke'mon, no one would be complaining. So pretend like its a real Poke'mon!!1
                                                  To be honest though, I haven't seen it yet, but reading through this thread, I have to commend you on your originality on that one. You said it was something we wouldn't expect and you were right. I was actually kinda worried that you would have put an over-powered high level legendary this early on haha
                                                  The fact that this is only a small taste of what the final version is gonna contain, both in terms of the whole experience and in terms of surprises, is amazing.
                                                  __________________
                                                    #375    
                                                  Old August 18th, 2010 (12:05 AM).
                                                  adipasa's Avatar
                                                  adipasa adipasa is offline
                                                  Amateur Hacker
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Sep 2009
                                                    Location: Indonesia
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                                    Posts: 60
                                                    Never doubt with that (fakemon).

                                                    i will support your hack CBM !
                                                    Closed Thread
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:29 AM.