ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old April 8th, 2012 (12:49 AM).
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
    This is a screenshot of something. There, that's enough text.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 8th, 2012 (9:37 PM).

Is it weird that the first thing I thought of when I saw that yellow pillar is that it's about to crush the player?

Also, I'm very curious about that lever...
      Old April 10th, 2012 (1:00 AM).

Nature: Brave
        Thanks KBM for the update at least i know you are making the progress and are alive in this post...
        Old April 10th, 2012 (2:00 AM).
        Pokémon Aureolin
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
        Oooh, nice screenshot. Personally, it looks like some kind of factory. Also, it's always good to get an update, as people have already said. Prism's still one of my favourite ROM hacks. :D
        Old April 10th, 2012 (2:03 AM).
        • Crystal Tier

Is that what I think it is? As in, a sidescroller?

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
        Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
        Old April 10th, 2012 (7:59 AM).
        learning asm

If anybody wanted to see the area in video form, CMB/KBM just released this video.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ZxgkXd4c4&list=UUL2bw9QRq6WqIHkC4mOYGNQ&index=1&feature=plcp

So far this hack is looking really good and I like how you've managed to make the sprite face upwards when walking down ladders in the side-scrolling sections.

Looking through old threads though, is amuses me slightly when I see posts you've written saying you are aiming for a late 2005/early 2006 release for both this game (at the time it was called bronze) and Rijon Adventures.
          Obviously you didn't know at the time how ambitious you would be, and all the little details in the games continue to amaze me.

I'm a spriter for

Insert new pokemon WITHOUT removing old ones up to 25!
          Tom's PokePet

Charizard the level 36 Charizard!

For All GBC hackers!
          Old April 11th, 2012 (8:28 AM).
          Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
            Looks impressive! I saw water in there and wonder if HM moves like Surf (or even, Dive) would let you explore further in the sidescrolling parts..
            Old April 11th, 2012 (5:35 PM).
            Creator of UnovaHGSS

Great to see you're still working on this hack! I understand that you're also working on real games, and I appreciate that you still spend time working on these Pokemon hacks. Looking forward to everything you make, including your non-Pokemon games
              Old April 12th, 2012 (5:11 PM).
              Sombrero de Paja

Nature: Serious
                Owooooo
                How original is the hack!
                I really liked!
                Especially to be the villain of Gold.
                keep it up!
                Old April 13th, 2012 (1:07 AM). Edited April 13th, 2012 by Coolboyman.
                Veteran Hacker

Glad you liked that little preview!

I want to make something perfectly clear though, since judging by this thread and comments left on youtube, people do not understand the situation I'm in right now.

The other games I'm working on (One isn't developed enough, my personal indie project, and one I can't reveal at the moment due to the NDA) have a higher priority than Pokemon Prism at this time. Prism is getting worked on, but not as much as the other games which I hope you can all understand.

Hopefully there will be some announcement of the secret game I'm working on sometime this summer. I'm working with some cool people who worked in the video game industry, and I believe THIS game is my foot into the door of the video game industry. As far as I know, I'm the only member of this crew who hasn't worked on professional video games before and this game will be my first one. They decided to take a chance with me which I'm eternally grateful for and better yet, they seem to enjoy what I'm doing for them! It's also my job, I'm getting paid for this and I have bills to pay, so understand that it's pretty important.

This year is extremely important to me. I'm planning to graduate with my bachelors in Computer Science this year which will let me move out of this crappy building with paper-thin walls and hopefully land a full time job somewhere in the video game industry and I will do everything in my power to achieve these goals.

Therefore, Prism is lower on my priority scale than other things (School is right at top at the moment, followed by work, followed by the XBLIG project and then followed by Prism). My Youtube channel will have to take a back seat and I probably won't be able to unleash it's potential until next year. I planned to this year but I only just now realized that I can only do so much when I have the will to do SO much. I need to better understand my limitations, I'm only human.

Thank you for all understanding.

HOWEVER, I do have personal milestones I'm trying to reach for Prism tasks. Prism's always in my mind, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't ponder about Prism and the cool stuff I can add to it. I want this hack to be something I can be proud of and can possibly set an example of the potential of what a ROM hack can become if the author tries. Some may call me crazy for taking a ROM hack this seriously, but I don't care. I understand the potential of what this ROM hack can achieve and I want to reach as much potential as I possibly can.
                  Old April 13th, 2012 (2:30 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
                    Glad you liked that little preview!

I want to make something perfectly clear though, since judging by this thread and comments left on youtube, people do not understand the situation I'm in right now.

The other games I'm working on (One isn't developed enough, my personal indie project, and one I can't reveal at the moment due to the NDA) have a higher priority than Pokemon Prism at this time. Prism is getting worked on, but not as much as the other games which I hope you can all understand.

Hopefully there will be some announcement of the secret game I'm working on sometime this summer. I'm working with some cool people who worked in the video game industry, and I believe THIS game is my foot into the door of the video game industry. As far as I know, I'm the only member of this crew who hasn't worked on professional video games before and this game will be my first one. They decided to take a chance with me which I'm eternally grateful for and better yet, they seem to enjoy what I'm doing for them! It's also my job, I'm getting paid for this and I have bills to pay, so understand that it's pretty important.

This year is extremely important to me. I'm planning to graduate with my bachelors in Computer Science this year which will let me move out of this crappy building with paper-thin walls and hopefully land a full time job somewhere in the video game industry and I will do everything in my power to achieve these goals.

Therefore, Prism is lower on my priority scale than other things (School is right at top at the moment, followed by work, followed by the XBLIG project and then followed by Prism). My Youtube channel will have to take a back seat and I probably won't be able to unleash it's potential until next year. I planned to this year but I only just now realized that I can only do so much when I have the will to do SO much. I need to better understand my limitations, I'm only human.

Thank you for all understanding.

HOWEVER, I do have personal milestones I'm trying to reach for Prism tasks. Prism's always in my mind, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't ponder about Prism and the cool stuff I can add to it. I want this hack to be something I can be proud of and can possibly set an example of the potential of what a ROM hack can become if the author tries. Some may call me crazy for taking a ROM hack this seriously, but I don't care. I understand the potential of what this ROM hack can achieve and I want to reach as much potential as I possibly can.
                    Read your comment very carefully and must say that it was so touching.. realised you are having a busy life and can't do much about prism but hear from me that whatever you are doing have my best regards and well wishes for your future.. and ill definitely support your hacks and everything..
                    Old April 13th, 2012 (6:13 AM).
                    Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Nature: Relaxed
                      Quote:
                      This is one line I could have said with good conscience myself too, hahha :D.

You're doing great with the hack though and I don't care myself how long it takes for you to finish it. Spend time with your studies, the other game you're making and make sure not to forget about the life itself !
                      And when it's so that you've free time beyond all that, think what you can go to continue with this project.

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                      CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                      -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                      Old April 13th, 2012 (8:25 AM).
                      Darkness my old friend.
                      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
                      Nice job KBM i love your work, Good job man seriously! :D
                      Old April 13th, 2012 (11:31 AM).
                      Fashion Maven

Nature: Sassy
                        Please continue. Best ROM Hack imo
                        Old April 16th, 2012 (4:28 AM).

Quote:
                          It's also my job
                          I see....that's enough to know..it fully explains why this is taking so long!

Life comes first!

Take your time, if you try to do so many things together, it won't be as good!
                          Old April 16th, 2012 (7:51 AM).

OK, So when is the next beta? 2013? Since the guy at the bridge said 2 and a half years, I'd guess the next beta is the Winter 2013 beta.
                            Old April 16th, 2012 (11:58 AM).
                            Suuuper Busy
                            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                            That was a blind estimate based on how much time the last beta took. Beta releases never have specific dates.
                            Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                            Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                            Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                            Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                            Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                            Old April 19th, 2012 (9:04 AM).

Is he even still workign on this hack? The last beta version was released almost 2 years ago...
                              Old April 19th, 2012 (11:10 AM).
                              Veteran Hacker

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
                                Is he even still workign on this hack? The last beta version was released almost 2 years ago...
                                Holy **** can you not read the last freaking page?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who understands what's going on with me.
                                Old April 19th, 2012 (1:18 PM).

This is a great game i enjoy it but where does the 2010 summer beta end? i just beat the 4th gym leader and i have no clue what to do after that... any suggestions?
                                  Old April 20th, 2012 (1:59 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by bondo100993 View Post
                                    This is a great game i enjoy it but where does the 2010 summer beta end? i just beat the 4th gym leader and i have no clue what to do after that... any suggestions?
                                    Simple it ends after the fourth gym...
                                    Old April 20th, 2012 (7:25 PM).

Quote:
                                      Holy **** can you not read the last freaking page?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who understands what's going on with me.
                                      Yikes, sorry, but no I didn't read that page until just now =/ I'm not in the habit of searching through every page of a thread for new info TBH, as I usually expect it to be in the OP. I'm glad you are still working on it though.
                                      Old April 20th, 2012 (11:16 PM).
                                      Veteran Hacker

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
                                        Yikes, sorry, but no I didn't read that page until just now =/ I'm not in the habit of searching through every page of a thread for new info TBH, as I usually expect it to be in the OP. I'm glad you are still working on it though.
                                        I forgive you! Just make sure to check recent pages to see if I posted anything about the project.
                                        Old May 1st, 2012 (7:35 AM).

Hey Coolboyman I just wanted to say I completed the latest Pokemon prism beta and I loved it and is by far the best Pokemon hack I have ever played. I can't wait until the next beta comes out but I know your current circumstances so I can't expect to much. Anyway is there anyway to send you a donation to help out with your hack? Also if you ever need a beta tester I would love to help out.
                                          Old May 3rd, 2012 (1:45 AM).

Hey CbM... Have you made a guide or a location guide for this hack... coz i am playing it right now and need to know..
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply