• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official PokeWalker Discussion Thread

Do you like the PokeWalker?

• They're my favourite part of HGSS!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • They're pretty cool.

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Meh, I don't use them much.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I don't like them.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Due to the nature of multiple threads all on some similar aspect of the Pokewalker, Hirro and I agreed to make an official PokeWalker Discussion thread, for all of your PokeWalker...discussion needs!

For instance!
    • What Pokemon do you frequently use on your PokeWalker?
    • What's your favourite course, and why?
    • How many Watts/steps have you found/taken?
    • Do you even like the Pokewalker?

Discuss those points and more here!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I use the PokeWalker rarely, I thought I would use it much more.
    Butterfree us always in my Pokewalker, I didn't really unlock any courses, I took about 1 million steps in it, the Pokewalker is pretty nice.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I used use my pokewalker all the time until I got the left button stuck, I can't even do damage to wild pokemons and catch em :(

Supernautz

Swarm Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • I use my Pokéwalker whenever I go out. Started using it like 1 month ago. Ambipom or Latias are my pokemon of choice when I go out. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I keep my Lucario in my Pokewalker. One reason is because I'm not EV training him, and he's at a high level that it's faster to walk him to gain experience than battle. The other reason is because I'm too lazy to change games in my DS and send him back, and I enjoy having him around.

I keep him on the Winner's Path right now. But I do attempt to walk Yellow Forest for those Pikachu (of course!). I just wanted a Beldum first.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I've been breeding Eevee so I can get Umbreon and Espeon, so I use the walker to gain friendship.

Years
  • I've used it every day since I got it on the European release date. Apparently, I've taken 2257895 steps since that day. :P

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • i stuck my starter in there...first day of having it....it doesnt seem like it records the steps...does it normally do this?

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    The PokeWalker is pretty cool,even though it is cool,I've only used it once and thats it.
    It wasn't all that great.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Oh noes! I lost it AGAIN!
    Where is it THIS time?

Oh, and I use the pokewalker a lot. I mean, free stuff for walking? SCORE!

kai0kun

Chibi Trainer
    Years
  • I lost mine a few weeks ago T-T I now have to invest in a brand new one, but i loved it, whenever i went for a walk , which was everyday. Always had Gastly in there too! leveling up ready for evelution!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    i stuck my starter in there...first day of having it....it doesnt seem like it records the steps...does it normally do this?
    What do you mean "record the steps"? On the actual PokeWalker, or in the game? The PokeWalker is kind of picky in how it needs to be shaken in order to gain steps.

Though right now, I haven't been using mine. It just sits on my dresser. Mostly because I just don't feel like using it.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I used use my pokewalker all the time until I got the left button stuck, I can't even do damage to wild pokemons and catch em :(

Ouch, that would drive me mental. ;x; You can order individual replacements for roughly $9 USD from the official Nintendo Store, if you want a new one and can shop online.

I use the Walker a lot; I want to unlock all courses ~ Even though I don't actually go on long walks often, the watts add up, and sometimes when I'm bored I fiddle with it, shaking it around to rack up steps. I actually really like having a Pokemon around too, even if it's just fictional. xD; Like a Tamagotchi.

I think the Pokewalkers are a great idea. Maybe a bit of a marketing gimmick, but who cares? It really adds to the friendship theme of the game and lets you play the game even when you're not at home / can't play the DS. Also, they make ADORABLE accessories. I love wearing my Walker. They look p. awesome on guys with belts, js. I don't wear belts though so I just clip it to things. I'm looking into how I can wear it in my hair. <_<

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I have eevee in there most of the time. I'm trying to catch all the pokemon on the walker but since I work most of the time, I have to wear it at school. But my daughter tries to eat it so I don't wear as much as I used to.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    • What Pokemon do you frequently use on your PokeWalker?
    • What's your favourite course, and why?
    • How many Watts/steps have you found/taken?
    • Do you even like the Pokewalker?
    I use any low level Pokemon that I don't really care about at the moment as I think if I put one of my 'good' Pokemon in and it levels up, it might automatically replace an existing move for a new move.

I'm yet to tell the difference between them! The only Pokemon I find are ones you'd find soon after leaving New Bark Town. The items I find have been things like X-Defend, Gaurd Spec. etc. so not very useful thus far.

I've had the game for about just over a week, taken it out with me a few times. My Steps are 32,306 and I have collected 1,591W.

I haven't really used it too much, for getting Pokemon/items. I've just taken it with me for no real reason... except it's quite interesting to see how may steps I've taken in a day (roughly).

Years
  • I hardly use it. I don't know what pokemon to keep in it. I'm thinking of pikachu when I have a chance to catch him and train him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back