The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development
Pokemon StarterKit XP

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Closed Thread

Old October 15th, 2010 (8:58 PM).
Real life Silver Shirubaa

Nature: Serious
    Just a question/suggestion. Will there be customizable event layer like advanced map (don't know if you have ever used it or know what I am talking about) where you can drag script types along on the map where you want them. And also will there be pre-ready scripts for stuff like doors going from map to map Etc?

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 16th, 2010 (4:04 AM).
    Master of everything!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by rockeymon View Post
      Just a question/suggestion. Will there be customizable event layer like advanced map (don't know if you have ever used it or know what I am talking about) where you can drag script types along on the map where you want them. And also will there be pre-ready scripts for stuff like doors going from map to map Etc?
      Uhh... he's using RMXP so first question kinda obvious what it's going to be, not really possible to modify something that is integrated into the game maker.
      Old October 16th, 2010 (5:56 AM).
      Real life Silver Shirubaa

Nature: Serious
        thats not entirely true what I am asking is will you be able to have preloaded script system like advanced map, cause if you have any experience with the scripting system they have a few preloaded scripts like the people placer and the warp editor.
        Old October 16th, 2010 (6:21 AM).
        Orange I s l a n d s~
        • Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
        Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by rockeymon View Post
        thats not entirely true what I am asking is will you be able to have preloaded script system like advanced map, cause if you have any experience with the scripting system they have a few preloaded scripts like the people placer and the warp editor.
        ROM Hacking is very different from game dev.
        Learn about it, the only 'tool' you need is RMXP, CNG is just making a starter kit.

Old October 16th, 2010 (7:18 AM).
        PokemonGDX creator

Nature: Adamant
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CollosalPokemon View Post
          Dear CNG,

While looking at this starter kit (the thread anyways) I've noticed several things and I'd like to bring up a couple points about your Starter Kit.

Now onto my constructive criticism/ranting (lol). Please also read the bottom (below the dashed lines)

- Neo Mode 07 (3D)

lol This is not very impressive to say the least. For one, you aren't even going to be required to modify it to make it work, it's just plug-n-play for you. [rant] The second point I need to bring up it Neo Mode 07 is NOT 3D. It's technically a different 2D view. You may think I'm blindly saying this but I've learned from experience how NM07 works by modifying it for Pokemon Essentials' Starter Kit myself. Originally I did claim Neo Mode 07 was 3D on Pkmn Origin's thread but I have been realizing for the past few months Neo Mode 07 is not 3D, it's 2D in a different form.

For example, 3D has height, width, and depth. Neo Mode 07 has Height and Width but no depth, or the flooring may have depth but the objects certainly have no depth. They're just vertical and flat.[/rant] Anyways if you want to see 3D I am working on a live 3D engine, there's a demo and I have posted pics proving my engine is valid 3D, although I'm still adding more functions and fixing bugs I have made my point in Pkmn Origin's thread proving my 3D engine is valid. I am sorry if this came as a rash thought to you but, by definition, Neo Mode 07 is not actually 3D.

- Black/White Features

...like what? lol This subject is a bit broad, don't you think so? I can't really comment on so many possibilities.

- Black/White Graphics/Audio

Uhh...a little more specific? I mean are the tiles what you're aiming at or the GUIs of various systems, but this looks really useful either way

- Animated Pokemon

Is this going to be the whole 1,800+ Animations of the Pokemon from BW? (649 Pokemon * More than 3 animations per Pokemon) I'd imagine this is going to take a pretty long time to complete but I wish you luck, this would be absolutely amazing :D

--------------------------------------------------------

Overall the thread looks fine, I had a few questions and points you should hear though. I'm sorry if you were thinking this was bashing/flaming you, I was giving a little input about some things I did (and did not) like. A lot of the functions in this kit seem pretty basic (except the battle system, from what I can gather), but it's going to be nice to see it in action. =D I look forward to more updates on the progresses.

~ CP
          So basically saying NM7, is like a 2.5 D instead of 3D
          ?
          Old October 16th, 2010 (7:36 AM).
          The M4's Best Freind

Nature: Hasty
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
            So basically saying NM7, is like a 2.5 D instead of 3D
            ?
            There is no 2.5 D NMODE7 is a two-three-maybe even four point perspective. it just adds horizon lines into where the char is facing-Looked at script in the NMODE7 rpg version- Nothing is "3D" an engine like rmxp maynot be "3D" capable
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My DEF FOR "3D": Height+Width+Depth[Rmxp has non?]/Has to be like in the moves EX: Jack@$$

My DEF FOR NMODE7: ISOMETRIC/MULTI-POINT.

YOU MAY DISAGREE OR AGREE BUT IM STICKING TO MY DEF'S OF IT.

Currently beta testing:
            Pokemon Uranium ( And Loving it! )
            Old October 16th, 2010 (9:14 AM).
            In the Lost & Found bin!

Nature: Naive
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by koby1 View Post
              There is no 2.5 D NMODE7 is a two-three-maybe even four point perspective. it just adds horizon lines into where the char is facing-Looked at script in the NMODE7 rpg version- Nothing is "3D" an engine like rmxp maynot be "3D" capable
              You're correct. RMXP isn't capable of producing a true 3D that I can imagine. Neo Mode 7 is just basically providing the illusion of 3D.

Given, if I had the knowledge to make my game 3D, I would, but I can't code an RPG engine anyway, forget a real 3d one. That's why I'm eagerly waiting this engine. I have the ability to 3dModel, but it'll likely prove worthless.

Old October 16th, 2010 (9:17 AM).
              PokemonGDX creator

Quote:
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                My DEF FOR "3D": Height+Width+Depth[Rmxp has non?]/Has to be like in the moves EX: Jack@$$

My DEF FOR NMODE7: ISOMETRIC/MULTI-POINT.

YOU MAY DISAGREE OR AGREE BUT IM STICKING TO MY DEF'S OF IT.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.5D is 3/4 perspective >.>
                Old October 16th, 2010 (10:59 AM).
                Creator Of (Insert Here)

Not to be off topic but wikipedia is edited by anyone itcan be wrong so dont always rely on wikipedia.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.

My Da Account ->here<-
                  Old October 16th, 2010 (11:00 AM).
                  The M4's Best Freind

Oh the 2.5 is the ISO-Spective (What I learned) view its a left angled view.

Currently beta testing:
                    Old October 16th, 2010 (3:13 PM).
                    In the Lost & Found bin!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Pichuichu View Post
                      Not to be off topic but wikipedia is edited by anyone itcan be wrong so dont always rely on wikipedia.
                      In this case, it's not wrong.

The odds of coming across an edited article are slim to none as it is. Any wrong edits are removed by the staff, and most wrong edits are also very noticeably wrong. Most incorrect edits to articles are very poor trolls as well, to the point where common sense comes into play.

Sorry to deter from the point, but I hate it when people act like Wikipedia is just plain wrong. I've never seen any edits on wikipedia that weren't obvious, i.e uncitationed material.

Regardless, I don't want this thread to derail completely into a Wikipedia arguement...

I wonder if this starter kit will get a Wiki like PE did? Or will it even need one? It seems like CNG is really focusing on user friendliness.

Old October 16th, 2010 (7:16 PM).
                      A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist
                        Let CNG finish it first lol. The PE wiki isn't even done yet.

Pokemon Pyrite is now complete, check out the trailer/download link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6g5pXPXyV4
                        Old October 17th, 2010 (7:33 AM).
                        Pokemon Master

This seems like it has great potential. I was going to use Essentials for my game, but after seeing this, it made me think twice. I'll postpone my game development and see what you come up with.
                          Old October 17th, 2010 (10:18 AM).
                          I'm back.

Quote:
                            lol This is not very impressive to say the least. For one, you aren't even going to be required to modify it to make it work, it's just plug-n-play for you. [rant] The second point I need to bring up it Neo Mode 07 is NOT 3D. It's technically a different 2D view. You may think I'm blindly saying this but I've learned from experience how NM07 works by modifying it for Pokemon Essentials' Starter Kit myself. Originally I did claim Neo Mode 07 was 3D on Pkmn Origin's thread but I have been realizing for the past few months Neo Mode 07 is not 3D, it's 2D in a different form.

Oh i know it's not very impressive from a scripting point of view, it was meant simply for people to be able to mimic the way in which maps are displayed in the real games. I do know it's not 3D though, but it's easier to say 3D than "Sort of 3D, but kinda 2D with elements of 3D thrown in"

Quote:
                            - Black/White Features

...like what? lol This subject is a bit broad, don't you think so? I can't really comment on so many possibilities.
                            It's broad because i'm adding most of the features found in the games.

Quote:
                            - Black/White Graphics/Audio

Uhh...a little more specific? I mean are the tiles what you're aiming at or the GUIs of various systems, but this looks really useful either way
                            Well unless you want a lengthy list on all the graphics/audio i'll be using, then i'll just keep it to that lol. But it's basically tiles/GUIs/Various Pictures etc.

Quote:
                            - Animated Pokemon

Is this going to be the whole 1,800+ Animations of the Pokemon from BW? (649 Pokemon * More than 3 animations per Pokemon) I'd imagine this is going to take a pretty long time to complete but I wish you luck, this would be absolutely amazing :D
                            If i can get all the sprites then it's easily possible. I have the main animation system in place, it's just the sprites which are slowing down.

--------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                            Overall the thread looks fine, I had a few questions and points you should hear though. I'm sorry if you were thinking this was bashing/flaming you, I was giving a little input about some things I did (and did not) like. A lot of the functions in this kit seem pretty basic (except the battle system, from what I can gather), but it's going to be nice to see it in action. =D I look forward to more updates on the progresses.

~ CP
                            Nono, it's great to have the chance to answer some questions that aren't "Can i have the demo please?"

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Firemaker View Post
                            This seems like it has great potential. I was going to use Essentials for my game, but after seeing this, it made me think twice. I'll postpone my game development and see what you come up with.
                            Thanks, but i wouldn't postpone development on your game, you could be waiting a few months before a public release.
                            Old October 17th, 2010 (10:44 AM).
                            The M4's Best Freind

@Firemaker DON'T POSTPONE it, I think CNG has a converter for maps or scripts.

@CNG Ive been using the "RPG"(NOT POKEMON) variant of NMODE7 and ive noticed there are 2 terrain tags that determine if the tile is standing or not. I also know that rmxp's database supports 7... How are you going to incorporate all of the terrain tags like water, land, waterfall etc... And will there be the full "wifi" experience similar to Raptor EX?

Currently beta testing:
                              Old October 17th, 2010 (10:47 AM).
                              I'm back.

Well first of all, there isn't a pokemon version of the Neo Mode 07 script :3 but yeah, there are only 7 terrain tags.

I'll be looking into that.

As for wi-fi, there'll be something coming soon about that, i have to get everything sorted.
                                Old October 17th, 2010 (11:11 AM).
                                PokemonGDX creator

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Crazyninjaguy View Post
                                  Well first of all, there isn't a pokemon version of the Neo Mode 07 script :3 but yeah, there are only 7 terrain tags.

I'll be looking into that.

As for wi-fi, there'll be something coming soon about that, i have to get everything sorted.
                                  Chris your site been down for like the last two days
                                  Old October 17th, 2010 (11:17 AM).
                                  Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
                                    Chris your site been down for like the last two days
                                    Good to hear I'm not the only one.

@Chris: Will the Wi-Fi be hosted on a server, so when you download it goes straight into the game?

Old October 17th, 2010 (11:22 AM).
                                    I'm back.

Well unfortunately you'll have to host the 'Wi-Fi' on your own servers, as i can't be dealing with a load of people needing changes to their stuff as that's all i'd ever do.

I'm currently thinking of someway with sql databases, but i'll need the help of my friend for that.

As for my site, i know about that, but i think it could be the delayed server move my host was talking about.
                                      Old October 17th, 2010 (12:05 PM).
                                      Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
                                        Quote:
                                        Well unfortunately you'll have to host the 'Wi-Fi' on your own servers, as i can't be dealing with a load of people needing changes to their stuff as that's all i'd ever do.

I'm currently thinking of someway with sql databases, but i'll need the help of my friend for that.

As for my site, i know about that, but i think it could be the delayed server move my host was talking about.
                                        That's why I said "a server". =]

I hope the server's back online soon.

Old October 17th, 2010 (12:31 PM).
                                        I'm back.

I've decided to take a break from this for a month or two, for these reasons:

1) To fully focus on my college course to prepare me for setting up my business next year.

2) While not working on college work, i'll be trying my hardest to make some money. This could be either through scripting or by getting a job, most likely the latter.

3) While not doing any of those things, i'd really like to continue with one of my projects that has been on hold for a while.

As i said above, I will DEFINITELY come back to this in a month or two, i just need a break.
                                          I've been creating scripts and script related stuff for about two years and never really got round to applying my skills into a game, so that's what i'll be doing.

Sorry if this causes inconvenience to anyone, but if you want to flame me for being human, then go ahead
                                          Old October 17th, 2010 (12:50 PM).
                                          In the Lost & Found bin!

Quote:
                                            Sorry if this causes inconvenience to anyone, but if you want to flame me for being human, then go ahead
                                            Okay.

Grr. You, you. You human!

Okay, that's all I got. I suppose I'll just continue my project on Essentials until said point in time when you get back to work on this. It's been looking great so far, and I think between college and finding work, I can't blame you for being too busy. Good luck with everything.

Old October 17th, 2010 (2:11 PM).
                                            The M4's Best Freind

@CNG by pokemon version I ment like the one CP used. Also by "wifi" I ment like you can send your team (not a copy) but similar and battle... ALSO I do not blame you for taking a break. GOOD LUCK WITH JOB HUNTING

Currently beta testing:
                                              Old October 17th, 2010 (2:16 PM).
                                              Master of everything!

Quote:
                                                @CNG by pokemon version I ment like the one CP used. Also by "wifi" I ment like you can send your team (not a copy) but similar and battle... ALSO I do not blame you for taking a break. GOOD LUCK WITH JOB HUNTING
                                                There still isn't a pokemon version, CP used the same one cng's using just he managed to recode the script to be compatible with essentials.
                                                Old October 18th, 2010 (4:50 AM).
                                                Crazyninjaguy Crazyninjaguy is offline
                                                I'm back.

Just a quick heads up for you guys who were wondering why my site hasn't been online.
                                                  It was because my host had changed his domain name so i had to update my nameservers, which wasn't possible due to the lack of internet.

Site is back up now :D

http://www.planetdev.net

Sponsored Links