ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #226    
Old July 5th, 2011 (11:48 AM).
Diegoisawesome's Avatar
Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
Oh god the bees
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: :noitacoL
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
You should probably update the first post, as it has some incorrect information now that you've changed the game a little.
All right, done.
I also updated the Pokémon center animation picture to show that it now runs exactly like its FR counterpart.
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
GBA Intro Manager
The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #227    
Old July 5th, 2011 (12:36 PM).
Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
I support Crystal Dust
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Location: West Sacramento, CA
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 142
    Any work on the title screen or possibly the intro video? I have not seen any custom games with their own intro videos.
    Reply With Quote
      #228    
    Old July 5th, 2011 (1:13 PM).
    Diegoisawesome's Avatar
    Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
    Oh god the bees
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: :noitacoL
    Age: 20
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 1,039
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
    Any work on the title screen or possibly the intro video? I have not seen any custom games with their own intro videos.
    No work on either of them.
    Also, just to clarify, the intro video itself will not be changed, only the sprites and the music for it will be.
    __________________


    My other resources:
    My Website
    diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
    diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
    The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
    Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
    GBA Intro Manager
    The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
    Reply With Quote
      #229    
    Old July 5th, 2011 (3:15 PM).
    Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
    Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
    I support Crystal Dust
       
      Join Date: Sep 2010
      Location: West Sacramento, CA
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 142
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
      No work on either of them.
      Also, just to clarify, the intro video itself will not be changed, only the sprites and the music for it will be.
      At least the music is gonna be different. That's good. I forgot to report some oddities from my last play-through.
      1. The dude that shows you how to catch a Pokemon killed the wild Pokemon with his Rattata.
      2. The color of the houses is different.
      Reply With Quote
        #230    
      Old July 5th, 2011 (3:17 PM).
      Diegoisawesome's Avatar
      Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
      Oh god the bees
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Dec 2007
      Location: :noitacoL
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 1,039
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
      At least the music is gonna be different. That's good. I forgot to report some oddities from my last play-through.
      1. The dude that shows you how to catch a Pokemon killed the wild Pokemon with his Rattata.
      2. The color of the houses is different.
      That's an old version, both of those are fixed now.
      __________________


      My other resources:
      My Website
      diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
      diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
      The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
      Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
      GBA Intro Manager
      The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
      Reply With Quote
        #231    
      Old July 5th, 2011 (6:19 PM).
      Zepp710's Avatar
      Zepp710 Zepp710 is offline
      Fearaligatr
         
        Join Date: Dec 2010
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 9
        Ok, so first of all I LOVE this hack. I played it the first day you released it and fell in love. Unfortunately that was way back in like February. So in short I have been waiting a REALLY long time lol. I posted before and I'm not sure if you remember cause it was a while ago but anyway I really hope you make this into a full game like Brown did. Don't give up like most hackers do. They make something decent then make it half a game and I feel jipped. Pokemon Prism Anyone? Ya well anyway keep working on it and I am rooting for you. I would help you out but I'm on a mac and well most map editors and scripting programs don't work. GOOD LUCK and most importantly have fun with this. Crystal was my favorite game too. Oh and can you make the trade evolutions into level evolutions at level 40? at least most of them. Or level evolutions with the respective items. That would be sweet cause I've always wanted to use gengar and Machamp. You could also have it so that there are people in the game that you can trade pokemon with that will give you like a haunter, machoke, Kadabra and then they will evolve into the respective pokemon. Wow I rambled, anyway hope to see this finished soon
        Reply With Quote
          #232    
        Old July 11th, 2011 (6:40 AM).
        jj_olli's Avatar
        jj_olli jj_olli is offline
        It's coming...
           
          Join Date: Dec 2006
          Location: Europe, Germany
          Age: 25
          Gender:
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 141
          Hey Diego, nice work, I'm currently working on the other Red Gyarados OW Sprites, I will upload them later this month ;)
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #233    
          Old August 9th, 2011 (7:11 PM).
          Diegoisawesome's Avatar
          Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
          Oh god the bees
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Dec 2007
          Location: :noitacoL
          Age: 20
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 1,039
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zepp710 View Post
          Ok, so first of all I LOVE this hack. Thanks. I played it the first day you released it and fell in love. Unfortunately that was way back in like February. Try "end of summer last year". So in short I have been waiting a REALLY long time lol. I posted before and I'm not sure if you remember cause it was a while ago but anyway I really hope you make this into a full game like Brown did. Of course I am. :D Don't give up like most hackers do. Of course I am not. :D They make something decent then make it half a game and I feel jipped. Pokemon Prism Anyone? That's still being worked on... Ya well anyway keep working on it and I am rooting for you. I would help you out but I'm on a mac and well most map editors and scripting programs don't work. Okay then, thanks anyways. GOOD LUCK and most importantly have fun with this. Crystal was my favorite game too. Oh and can you make the trade evolutions into level evolutions at level 40? at least most of them. I have to think about what I'll do with those. Or level evolutions with the respective items. That would be sweet cause I've always wanted to use gengar and Machamp. You could also have it so that there are people in the game that you can trade pokemon with that will give you like a haunter, machoke, Kadabra and then they will evolve into the respective pokemon. Wow I rambled, anyway hope to see this finished soon
          Responses in bold.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jj_olli View Post
          Hey Diego, nice work, I'm currently working on the other Red Gyarados OW Sprites, I will upload them later this month
          All right, thanks, but I don't see them yet...?
          __________________


          My other resources:
          My Website
          diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
          diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
          The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
          Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
          GBA Intro Manager
          The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
          Reply With Quote
            #234    
          Old August 10th, 2011 (8:55 AM). Edited August 10th, 2011 by jj_olli.
          jj_olli's Avatar
          jj_olli jj_olli is offline
          It's coming...
             
            Join Date: Dec 2006
            Location: Europe, Germany
            Age: 25
            Gender:
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 141
            Sry, iego, got a little bit caught in the Mass Effect Universe last month. :P
            ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL... of Paint xD
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #235    
            Old August 13th, 2011 (6:52 AM).
            Diegoisawesome's Avatar
            Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
            Oh god the bees
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Dec 2007
            Location: :noitacoL
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 1,039
            Well, it's just a quick update, but I've completed everything up to the Battle Tower and Route 40, including... Headbutt trees!

            There wasn't enough room to store all of the Forest types on each Forest map, though, so they were split onto each map group. Don't freak out because you can't catch Hoothoot in Azalea Town.
            __________________


            My other resources:
            My Website
            diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
            diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
            The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
            Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
            GBA Intro Manager
            The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
            Reply With Quote
              #236    
            Old August 13th, 2011 (12:01 PM).
            Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
            Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
            I support Crystal Dust
               
              Join Date: Sep 2010
              Location: West Sacramento, CA
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 142
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
              Well, it's just a quick update, but I've completed everything up to the Battle Tower and Route 40, including... Headbutt trees!

              There wasn't enough room to store all of the Forest types on each Forest map, though, so they were split onto each map group. Don't freak out because you can't catch Hoothoot in Azalea Town.
              So you have the basic map done and now you're just adding events? Route 40 is my favorite sea route. Maybe after you complete the game you can add dive loactions to get cool items and stuff
              Reply With Quote
                #237    
              Old August 13th, 2011 (12:14 PM).
              Diegoisawesome's Avatar
              Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
              Oh god the bees
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2007
              Location: :noitacoL
              Age: 20
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 1,039
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
              So you have the basic map done and now you're just adding events? Route 40 is my favorite sea route. Maybe after you complete the game you can add dive loactions to get cool items and stuff
              Route 40 is the boring route in between Olivine and Route 41 (which has the Whirl Islands) so maybe you meant Route 41?

              Anyways, Route 41 is now also completed. Cianwood City is up next!
              __________________


              My other resources:
              My Website
              diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
              diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
              The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
              Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
              GBA Intro Manager
              The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
              Reply With Quote
                #238    
              Old August 15th, 2011 (2:31 PM).
              Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
              Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
              I support Crystal Dust
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2010
                Location: West Sacramento, CA
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 142
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
                Route 40 is the boring route in between Olivine and Route 41 (which has the Whirl Islands) so maybe you meant Route 41?

                Anyways, Route 41 is now also completed. Cianwood City is up next!
                Cianwood had the loveliest music ever. I hope to hear it again :D
                Reply With Quote
                  #239    
                Old August 18th, 2011 (6:11 PM).
                Zeikku™'s Avatar
                Zeikku™ Zeikku™ is offline
                Johto remaker
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2007
                Location: London, England
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 1,119
                Keep up the great work bro. I definitely see this hack becoming the best GSC remake out there. If you ever need a beta tester or just help with graphics, I'm your guy .
                __________________

                Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
                Reply With Quote
                  #240    
                Old August 19th, 2011 (1:34 PM).
                jj_olli's Avatar
                jj_olli jj_olli is offline
                It's coming...
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2006
                  Location: Europe, Germany
                  Age: 25
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 141
                  Hey Zeikku maybe you could take a look at my Red Gyarados OW for CrystalDust, it's in this thread, and give me your opinion on it.Ideas for improvements are always welcome ;)
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #241    
                  Old August 26th, 2011 (2:26 PM).
                  YevgeniyLankin's Avatar
                  YevgeniyLankin YevgeniyLankin is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1
                    I've finished the beta and it was the best remake i have played yet. I love how it resembles Crystal so much. Can't wait for the next beta.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #242    
                    Old August 29th, 2011 (8:59 PM).
                    Super Red's Avatar
                    Super Red Super Red is offline
                    Pokemon Trainer
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2011
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 35
                      This looks like a great hack! Can't wait to play it!
                      __________________


                      My Light Platinum Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Electabuzz, Snorlax, Wailord, and Dusclops
                      Reply With Quote
                        #243    
                      Old September 20th, 2011 (2:54 PM).
                      Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                      Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                      Oh god the bees
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2007
                      Location: :noitacoL
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 1,039
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
                      Cianwood had the loveliest music ever. I hope to hear it again :D
                      Glad to hear it!
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
                      Keep up the great work bro. I definitely see this hack becoming the best GSC remake out there. If you ever need a beta tester or just help with graphics, I'm your guy .
                      All right; thanks, Zeikku! It means a lot, coming from you.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jj_olli View Post
                      Hey Zeikku maybe you could take a look at my Red Gyarados OW for CrystalDust, it's in this thread, and give me your opinion on it.Ideas for improvements are always welcome
                      Speaking of the Red Gyarados sprite, I inserted it in yesterday. Looks great!
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by YevgeniyLankin View Post
                      I've finished the beta and it was the best remake i have played yet. I love how it resembles Crystal so much. Can't wait for the next beta.
                      Thanks for the support!
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Super Red View Post
                      This looks like a great hack! Can't wait to play it!
                      Thanks!

                      In other news, after over a year after release, a Let's Play of CrystalDust has been uploaded to YouTube!

                      The first part is here:
                      __________________


                      My other resources:
                      My Website
                      diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                      diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                      The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                      Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                      GBA Intro Manager
                      The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                      Reply With Quote
                        #244    
                      Old September 30th, 2011 (1:52 PM).
                      Khorney Khorney is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2009
                        Gender:
                        Posts: 14
                        what kind of stuff do you need on the assets front? i've got some stuff lying around which i made for pure gold which don't look like they are going to get used (mostly female OW and battle sprites)
                        Reply With Quote
                          #245    
                        Old October 2nd, 2011 (6:36 PM).
                        KenSHN KenSHN is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2011
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 20
                          Well! Another remake e_e
                          Well, lol not bad, but as the remakes I stopped calling attention a while: s
                          I always see remakes of Pokemon Gold, Pokémon Red, Blue, all of these, but never see one of Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire or Pokémon Leaft Green / Fire Red.

                          But hey, lol, I wish you luck!

                          Salu2! n_n
                          Reply With Quote
                            #246    
                          Old October 5th, 2011 (5:47 PM). Edited October 5th, 2011 by Diegoisawesome.
                          Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                          Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                          Oh god the bees
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2007
                          Location: :noitacoL
                          Age: 20
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naive
                          Posts: 1,039
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Khorney View Post
                          what kind of stuff do you need on the assets front? i've got some stuff lying around which i made for pure gold which don't look like they are going to get used (mostly female OW and battle sprites)
                          Well, I'd like to see what you already have. PM me.
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by KenSHN View Post
                          Well! Another remake e_e
                          Well, lol not bad, but as the remakes I stopped calling attention a while: s
                          I always see remakes of Pokemon Gold, Pokémon Red, Blue, all of these, but never see one of Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire or Pokémon Leaft Green / Fire Red.

                          But hey, lol, I wish you luck!

                          Salu2! n_n
                          Thanks!

                          Well, here's a small, but very cool update: You can now have a double battle with Lance in the Rocket Hideout!! Here's a video:


                          Also, I need a lot of help in a contest for money for my school and an iPad 2! To vote for me, please go to the link in my signature and "Like" the photo! Spread it to your friends, too! Anybody that votes and comments that they came from here will get a trainer of themselves put in the game!!!
                          __________________


                          My other resources:
                          My Website
                          diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                          diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                          The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                          Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                          GBA Intro Manager
                          The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                          Reply With Quote
                            #247    
                          Old October 7th, 2011 (12:45 PM).
                          Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
                          Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
                          I support Crystal Dust
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2010
                            Location: West Sacramento, CA
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naughty
                            Posts: 142
                            The double battle is very cool. I totally support you! Really hyped for a release!
                            Reply With Quote
                              #248    
                            Old October 7th, 2011 (6:51 PM).
                            Omega Zero's Avatar
                            Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
                            Is back...
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2009
                            Location: I'm always living aren't I?
                            Age: 19
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 445
                            This hack looks really great it's starting to become one of my fave remakes too although i wish it was a silver remake but nvm that great job and i'm rooting for you.

                            PS. (will you have the 3RD gen 4TH gen skill split system in this?)
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #249    
                            Old October 8th, 2011 (7:47 PM).
                            Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                            Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                            Oh god the bees
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2007
                            Location: :noitacoL
                            Age: 20
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 1,039
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
                            The double battle is very cool. I totally support you! Really hyped for a release!
                            All right, but you'll have to wait a while longer, although I am expecting to hit my internal release date.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
                            This hack looks really great it's starting to become one of my fave remakes too although i wish it was a silver remake but nvm that great job and i'm rooting for you.

                            PS. (will you have the 3RD gen 4TH gen skill split system in this?)
                            Thanks for the support!
                            No, this will not have the 4th gen physical/special split. It's not necessary (or even wanted) for a hack that's trying to remake Crystal.

                            Also, I'm not sure if the released version has this or not, but have I shown you guys the ability to name your rival?
                            __________________


                            My other resources:
                            My Website
                            diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                            diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                            The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                            Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                            GBA Intro Manager
                            The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                            Reply With Quote
                              #250    
                            Old October 9th, 2011 (1:37 AM).
                            sir.dav sir.dav is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 22
                              I just started playing it, but aren't they supposed to ask you what day it is? (for bug catching contests and other time-based events)
                              Reply With Quote
                              Reply

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:59 AM.