• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isometric Kanto!

Years
  • Logo Coming Soon!

Project: Isometric Kanto!

Foreword

Another PokéCommunity Isometric Project! As of recent, Pixel Art's activity has dropped immensely. As a pixeller, I almost feel obliged to do as much as I can to boost the activity. Now, to add a little bit of variety, and perhaps have a bit more of a structured project (as opposed to the 'free-for-all' project that is the Isocity, found here), this collaboration aims to pixel all the towns and cities (to begin with, at least) in Kanto in the isometric style.

The main goals of this project is to:
    • Recreate the Kanto Region's towns and cities in the isometric pixel art style,
    • Enjoy a project that everyone and anyone can enter,
    • Improve and learn new pixelling skills,
    • And most of all, have fun!

The Tutorial

To accomplish our goals, we'll need a bit of a lesson on what exactly, and how exactly, isometric pixel art is done. Call me lazy (in fact, I'm extra lazy for re-using most of the stuff from the other, Isocity thread. :D), but I think this tutorial should explain it all. I suggest doing everything that the tutorial explains in MS Paint before carrying on to get the feel of drawing isometric pixel art. Eventually, it'll become second nature.
    For those of you that missed the link, please click here.

Still can't grasp it?

Then maybe Chibi Robo's post, here, in the Isometric City Project thread, will help you? https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6023392&postcount=33

The Current Project: Pallet Town

We've not started yet!

Reference:
    Isometric Kanto!

Thank you to Bulbapedia for the image of Pallet Town.

Claiming

Instead of claiming certain sections of the city, like in the other isometric project, to get priority of pixelling a certain part of the town/city we are working on, you will need to claim. For example, you may claim the Museum of Pewter City, or the PokéCenter in Lavender Town. Whatever it may be, it is not compulsary for you to claim a piece before pixelling it, however if it has been claimed, please be considerate and leave it to the person who got there first.

Current Claims

Isometric Kanto!

Works in Progress (WIPs)

If you want some help on your piece, just submit it as a WIP. The current WIPs are listed below in the spoiler.
    Spoiler:

The Rules

Or less bluntly, the guidelines. :D
    • Follow the PokéCommunity and Pixel Art/Projects Rules at all times, especially the four-word rule. It isn't a hard rule to follow.
    • Do not start on another town/city before we have finished our current one.
    • I, or an 'official' (listed below), will post when the town/city is finished.
    • Try to not claim more than one section of a town/city at a time unless

Last edited:

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • This'll be a bit more of a challenge.
    But more people will get involved, as it's pokemon based.

I'll claim something later but, I foundThis Do we think we can top it guys?

Years
  • I claim the house above Oaks Lab! And the house next to it, since it is the same.

Well, to be honest, I think if two people both attempted to do buildings, even if they are the same, it would be fair. That'd probably be the case with Marts, PCs and Gyms, too.

edit oh yeah, approved by the way. :D
    Isometric Kanto!

Last edited:
    Years
  • just a thought, but if this was a community project, there has to be some sort of standard for people to follow. Like orientation and size, otherwise it would turn out inconsistent. I know Spherical Ice was mostly done with oak's lab...

@Spherical Ice:- maybe u should post it here so people could get like an idea of how they should do theirs?

Back