• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Is there a Pokemon you just can't stand, but it gets so much love? A Pokemon that just gets on your nerves, but everyone seems to love it? If so, say it here. Now, what I think is the most overrated Pokemon isn't even an opinion, at this point it's become a fact.

IT'S THIS ASS :

lucario2.jpg

A fighting dog that shoots Kamehameha's and is the main jack off of every 2 year old Pokemon fan, and every Sinnoh-tard. Why the hell is it steel type? Did it really deserve a place in Super Smash Brothers Brawl? Why is it so damn over powered and over exaggerated? What makes all you people so horny over this dumb ass psychic wolf?
    And it is just me, or does it function more like a human than a Pokemon? This piece of crap is the main reason I hated Sinnoh. Just horrible.

Well folks, that's the end of my rant. Now start your ranting, or feel free to disagree with what I think. Go.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I don't have any Pokemon that I hate or think are over-rated.
    I think all most Pokemon are cool.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I can't think of any pokemon that I consider paricularly overrated from a competitive standpoint. Skarmory is surely the most annoying thing to fight ever, leading to my eternal dislike of it, but I wouldn't call it overrated because its heavy usage is perfectly justified by it's amazing stats and movepool making it the perfect physical wall. XD

I'm also not a big fan of Lucario, but again, it's far from overrated because his overuse is backed up by amazing stats and an unpredictable movepool. Actually, I think his usage has been decreasing a little since Infernape became popular. XD

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • It doesn't annoy me that much, but.... Darkrai. Why do people love it so much? Or more like, why did people love it so much, as they used to when everyone was playing D/P/Pt. And also because I want one XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Pikachu. Not ranting. I'm moving this to Pokemon General since this is more about the Pokemon than the games. SandslashFTW, once again, try to keep yourself cool as a cucumber, otherwise you'll see a locked sitting atop this thread soon enough.

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    The most overrated Pokemon is the entire 1st gen. I like my Rattatas as much as the next guy, but people need to give it a break. The people parading around insisting that all the Pokemon suck after the first Generation are just stuck up or not used to change. The more the better I say. The games would get boring if it was the same 151 over and over again.

But some people fail to realize this and are too stuck in their own little world to notice there is nothing wrong with the new Pokemon.

I don't hate any Pokemon, I just feel it's idiotic for people -anyone, I don't care how old they are, to whine about a generation or how one generation is better then the rest. it doesn't work that way. They're all Pokemon, and people need to stop going on butthurt tangents about them.

(By the way, does MR. MIME function more like a HUMAN or a POKEMON?)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • The entirety of the first two gens. Don't get me wrong, they look good, but they're not the best, imo. Remember this, IN MY OPINION. People have a right to their opinion. They're basically animals with superpowers. THERE ARE GOOD DESIGNS, but I dunno, people hype them up WAAAAAAAAAY too much.

I only hate Manaphy, but I can still think a pokemon is overrated. I happen to think the first two gens are. I STILL LIKE THEIR DESIGNS, but the hype people give them, in my opinion and that's all it will ever be is an OPINION, is a bit too much.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    The most overrated Pokemon is the entire 1st gen. I like my Rattatas as much as the next guy, but people need to give it a break. The people parading around insisting that all the Pokemon suck after the first Generation are just stuck up or not used to change. The more the better I say. The games would get boring if it was the same 151 over and over again.

But some people fail to realize this and are too stuck in their own little world to notice there is nothing wrong with the new Pokemon.

I don't hate any Pokemon, I just feel it's idiotic for people -anyone, I don't care how old they are, to whine about a generation or how one generation is better then the rest. it doesn't work that way. They're all Pokemon, and people need to stop going on butthurt tangents about them.

(By the way, does MR. MIME function more like a HUMAN or a POKEMON?)

I never said I liked Mr. Mime. And nobody's getting wet in their pants over any Mr. Mime, only Lucario. And no, B&W "Pokemon" aren't Pokemon. They're machines. Along with many Sinnoh Pokemon.

By the way, this thread has nothing to do with the stats of Pokemon. It's about the design.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Spr_4h_248.png

Spr_4d_373.png

I see these two a lot. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them, but I do dislike how everyone and their dog has one on their team.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    The entirety of the first two gens. Don't get me wrong, they look good, but they're not the best, imo. Remember this, IN MY OPINION. People have a right to their opinion. They're basically animals with superpowers. THERE ARE GOOD DESIGNS, but I dunno, people hype them up WAAAAAAAAAY too much.

I only hate Manaphy, but I can still think a pokemon is overrated. I happen to think the first two gens are. I STILL LIKE THEIR DESIGNS, but the hype people give them, in my opinion and that's all it will ever be is an OPINION, is a bit too much.
    I'd have to say it's exactly the opposite. And aren't Pokemon supposed to be animals with superpowers? I'd much rather have an actual animal than some machine garbage like Metagross, Bronzong, Giratina, and Zekrom. Also....

"HURR DURR TAKE OFF YOUR NOSTALGIA GLASSES HURR DURR MAGNETON DUGTRIO DODRIO HURR DURR RATTATA IS A MOUSE", you get the point. Good god, what do you expect of the first Pokemon you encounter? :/
    It's a rat, deal with it.

Spr_4h_248.png

Spr_4d_373.png

I see these two a lot. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them, but I do dislike how everyone and their dog has one on their team.
    Couldn't agree with you more on that one.
    Especially with Salamence.
    Derp, blue Charizard on four legs.

...speaking of Charizard...

Last edited:

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I never said I liked Mr. Mime. And nobody's getting wet in their pants over any Mr. Mime, only Lucario. And no, B&W "Pokemon" aren't Pokemon. They're machines. Along with many Sinnoh Pokemon.

By the way, this thread has nothing to do with the stats of Pokemon. It's about the design.

What did I say about stats? What did you say about design? Ohwaitnothing. And, I lol at your use of 'machines'. Those cloudmen, look like machines to me. And smugleaf, my goodness, that's a machine. All those awesome new bug types? Machines man. All Machines.

So does Infernape and Glameow and Azelf and Garchomp and Gallade. Oh man I'm bleeding.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    What did I say about stats? What did you say about design? Ohwaitnothing. And, I lol at your use of 'machines'. Those cloudmen, look like machines to me. And smugleaf, my goodness, that's a machine. All those awesome new bug types? Machines man. All Machines.

So does Infernape and Glameow and Azelf and Garchomp and Gallade. Oh man I'm bleeding.
    I was talking about the thread in general, not your post.
    All B&W Pokemon fail, and that's a fact.
    Also...
    Infernape - lol blazekin
    Glameow - lol skitty
    Azelf - lol celebi
    Garchomp - lol another overpowered pseudo-legendary dragon for sinnoh-lovers to dry hump
    Gallade - lol scyther & another evolution to the antisocial queer and ballerina that is ralts and kirlia

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I was talking about the thread in general, not your post.
    All B&W Pokemon fail, and that's a fact.
    Also...
    Infernape - lol blazekin
    Glameow - lol skitty
    Azelf - lol celebi
    Garchomp - lol another overpowered pseudo-legendary dragon for sinnoh-lovers to dry hump
    Gallade - lol scyther & another evolution to the antisocial queer and ballerina that is ralts and kirlia

Going by your logic:

Sandslash - lol ground type pikachu

Because they're both the mouse pokemon and they're both yellow!111~!!!1`111`1`1

I love talking to naive people like you. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Going by your logic:

Sandslash - lol ground type pikachu

Because they're both the mouse pokemon and they're both yellow!111~!!!1`111`1`1

I love talking to naive people like you. :3
    Uh, are you retarded? Mentally ill? Just checking, because last time I checked Sandslash looked nothing like Pikachu.
    Oh, glad to see you're having fun. I love talking to Sinnoh-tards too.

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Uh, are you retarded? Mentally ill? Just checking, because last time I checked Sandslash looked nothing like Pikachu.
    Oh, glad to see you're having fun. I love talking to Sinnoh-tards too.

Next you're going to tell me about your wonderful comic, Sonislash, right? I'm not the one totally and unfairly biased against a bunch of great new Pokemon. You say that the new Pokemon are similar to old ones for your reasons of hate (All pokemon have similarities with at least one other) , and you can't even find a halfway decent reason to dislike Gen 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    You two play nicely now.....
    redface.gif

it's always the legendaries that are overhyped, it seems like? :S

When it comes to legendaries, it's not the pokemon but the fanbase for me. Especially for Lati@s. They can be so crazy. x_x

Years
  • When it comes to legendaries, it's not the pokemon but the fanbase for me. Especially for Lati@s. They can be so crazy. x_x
    I don't think I can agree with this any more than I do.

I love legendaries, but people making entire teams out of them is ridiculous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back