Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 2nd, 2012 (10:23 AM).
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    I don't know the story to begin with... all I know is what I've seen from the characters in side games. :x
    Oooh, well... I'd definitely not play the original then. XD It's hasn't aged so well, honestly. I got into it like early into the PS2 days so it was not as old-school feeling at the time.

Anyway, yeah. I actually popped in Eternia the other day and played some again. I love that gaaaaaame.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 8th, 2012 (6:09 PM).
    Warlord of Aurora

Nature: Careful
      I'm a Tales fan, so I'd like to join!

I own both Tales of Symphonia games but so far haven't bought any others, though Tales of the Abyss appears to be available for DS or 3DS cause I saw it with those games at Target the other day. Someone told me Tales of VS. is good.

I also have seen the OVA for Tales of Eternia and the first episode of the Symphonia OVA. Very well animated, especially the Symphonia one. I also am a big fan of the Symphonia OVA's opening theme, "Almateria," despite its odd mish-mash of lyrics from Japanese, English, and who knows what other languages. And I actually enjoyed the Eternia one even though I've never played that game.

I've beaten Tales of Symphonia a couple of times already; I maxed it out at 104 hours the first time because I did all the sidequests (including Niflheim). I'm playing it again so I can have game clear data to start a new game of Dawn of the New World with, since it prompts you for this when you start the game.

Like someone else said, I dislike Lloyd's new VA in Dawn of the New World; his old VA was just fine. Don't know why they changed it. I'm also not a huge fan of the Wii controls for that game, using the Nunchuk to move and the Wiimote for everything else. It's pretty confusing.

"If you had a chance to change your fate, would you?" - Merida, Brave

Webmistress of PokéSideGames, a new Pokémon side/spin-off games fansite!

Old August 8th, 2012 (9:00 PM).
      May My Heart Be My Guiding Key
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
      So like i picked up Tales of Vesperia the other day on the PS3. :)
      So far I realllly like it :) I'm excited to advance farther into the story, I also watched the movie Tales of Vepseria: the First Strike on the FUNi website when I subscribed to their elite subscriber. But all in all, I stopped playing one of my games to play ToVPs3. :3
      Old August 9th, 2012 (9:58 AM).
      The rocks cry out to me
      • Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
      I never joined a club before, but I love the tales of series sooo much. I grow up on tales of symphonia, and it is my all time favorite game.

Zelos is the best character, just sayin'
      Old August 13th, 2012 (10:48 AM). Edited August 13th, 2012 by U.Flame.
      Suuuper Busy

Nature: Jolly
        Yeah! Zelos! Broho-I mean brofist! Also Jade.

I just experienced a really weird glitch in Destiny. It might have to do with the fact that that I'm playing the PS1 version converted to PSP.
        In battle, spells may freeze the game. It's pretty rare, but it's happened. Weirdest part was the last time it happened, Philia called out "Ray"at the same time it froze. Then she didn't stop. Even though the game was frozen, she was calling out all her moves. (Which was a spoiler to me! >.<) Then after she voiced all moves, other voices were heard. It was conversations. (Which is weird because I don't remember any voice acting out of battle) I couldn't understand who was talking and what was going on. It was either a really long one or a bunch one after the other. I couldn't tell. My PSP's battery actually died before the voices were finished.

Did this happen to anyone before? I know Phantasia has been known to have freezing issues when converted to PSP but what about Destiny? And when does voiced conversation actually happen? Also an unrelated question, why is Destiny's American release a text-only translation? This is the only Tales game I know (any game I know for that matter) that doesn't translate voices.
        Attached Images
        File Type: jpg mlfw5009.jpg‎ (2.8 KB, 36 views) (Save to Dropbox)
        Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
        Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
        Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
        Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
        Times I've ninja'd people: 3
        Old August 13th, 2012 (5:05 PM).
        cataclysm
        • Crystal Tier

I could probably think of a few reasons as to why Destiny isn't voices but I'm frankly too lazy to come up with them haha. But I finally watched Phantasia's OVA after putting it off. Pretty good, I suppose. Some changes of course but what to do expect when they try to put a whole game into four episodes. Which is why I'm really glad that they extended Symphonia's even if it doesn't always follow the story and the ending is going to be different.

Anyways welcome everyone who is new here! It seems that it's not often we can get an actual discussion going on (I've tried okay) since everyone is interested into different things here but that's all right. We manage haha.

Old September 4th, 2012 (4:02 AM).
        total nerd
        • Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
        I got Tales of Graces f last Thursday, and so far it's been an absolute joy to play. xD;
        Honestly, I didn't like Tales of the Abyss too much, so Graces feels like a breath of fresh air!
        Symphonia will always be the best, though. o3o
        Old September 9th, 2012 (7:14 AM).
        Radiant Cool Boy
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
        Managed to get through the PSX port of Phantasia yesterday. Doesn't take you too long to realize how badly Namco did with the localization of the GBA version. Anyways, great game that's made me decide to go back and play Symphonia. (Symphonia being a distant prequel) Wanna try out the PS2 version since it least has a menu patch which should make it a lot more easy to navigate, but the differences between the two versions don't seem to be much honestly.
        Old September 13th, 2012 (2:42 PM). Edited September 13th, 2012 by Miss Doronjo.
        Gaiden

I'm playing Tales of Innocence. Has anyone played it? The main character reminds me of Emil - shy, and has a 'kick ass' persona in him.

By the way, I -should- make a discussion topic...

What are your favourite tales character designs?

For example, I myself like Yuri Lowell's simple, yet mysterious attire, as well as Rita Mordio's asymmetrical clothing design. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
          Moderator of Video Games
          Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
          Sylvie
          Old September 13th, 2012 (10:12 PM).
          total nerd
          • Gold Tier

I've played Tales of Innocence! It was pretty good, apart from the awful level design. xD;

Hard question. o3o
          Even though it wasn't a really good game overall, I'm going to have to say Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Emil and Marta's costumes were freaking awesome, imo! : D
          Old September 14th, 2012 (2:12 AM). Edited September 14th, 2012 by Miss Doronjo.
          Gaiden

I do like Marta's design as well~ Mmm, but yeah, pity that the game didn't had the 'edge' when it could of been easily corrected. u-u

PS. I added the new members. If i missed anyone, let me know. ^-^

Hawthorne Guardian
            Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
            Old September 14th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
            • Crystal Tier

I have a few favorites.
            But mine would probably be Flynn. I know Guy and Flynn are basically a recycled design. But I like Flynn's attire, his solider outfit, also I like him in Luke's, and his First Strike Costume :3
            Old September 14th, 2012 (12:14 PM).
            Gaiden

Hey yeeeah, don't they have Yuri and Flynn's first strike costumes on Vesperia PS3? (I think it was in a network store)

Hawthorne Guardian
              Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
              Old September 14th, 2012 (1:47 PM).
              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
              Hey yeeeah, don't they have Yuri and Flynn's first strike costumes on Vesperia PS3? (I think it was in a network store)
              Yes, Also, there is I think Estelle's in armor costume when you buy the blu-ray of First Strike in Japan. I want to buy it just for that costume, but 100 bucks for the movie is..like outrageous. My friend gave me the first strikes costumes :3 Im like YEEE
              Old September 14th, 2012 (2:57 PM).
              Gaiden

Quote:
                Originally Posted by コナンくん View Post
                Yes, Also, there is I think Estelle's in armor costume when you buy the blu-ray of First Strike in Japan. I want to buy it just for that costume, but 100 bucks for the movie is..like outrageous. My friend gave me the first strikes costumes :3 Im like YEEE
                Mmm, I've only played Vesperia for PS3 about twice, and because of that, it's the reason why Vesperia is arguably my favorite Tales Game~ :3 (the content, and awww, Patty is adorable~) I love the first strike costumes too. :3 Yuri's first strike costume looks better than Yuri's certificated knight costume, imo.

A little off topic from the discussion question, and this is about 2 days old, but there was an article saying that Baba would personally recommend Tales of Hearts: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/12/tales-producer-says-you-should-play-tales-of-hearts/

Well, there are more content in there... like how he became bombarded with people asking him to localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3, and how he wants to localize Tales games that weren't released to the west, but... not much inquiry on this. (Maybe there will be future plans?)

Hawthorne Guardian
                Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                Old September 14th, 2012 (3:25 PM).
                • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                Mmm, I've only played Vesperia for PS3 about twice, and because of that, it's the reason why Vesperia is arguably my favorite Tales Game~ :3 (the content, and awww, Patty is adorable~) I love the first strike costumes too. :3 Yuri's first strike costume looks better than Yuri's certificated knight costume, imo.

A little off topic from the discussion question, and this is about 2 days old, but there was an article saying that Baba would personally recommend Tales of Hearts: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/12/tales-producer-says-you-should-play-tales-of-hearts/

Well, there are more content in there... like how he became bombarded with people asking him to localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3, and how he wants to localize Tales games that weren't released to the west, but... not much inquiry on this. (Maybe there will be future plans?)
                Though, Baba did recommend to play it, he still said he has no plans to localizing it. ): But I wouldnt mind to play Hearts, I gotta get money saved up to import hearts :3
                Old September 14th, 2012 (3:54 PM).
                Gaiden

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by コナンくん View Post
                  Though, Baba did recommend to play it, he still said he has no plans to localizing it. ): But I wouldnt mind to play Hearts, I gotta get money saved up to import hearts :3
                  Yeaaaah. ;w; It's kinda too soon for more localizations anyway - unless they plan to make a port just before, or just after they release Tales of Xilla.

I haven't played Hearts yet, but I hear it's really good - better than Innocence if I recall... but Innocence was really fun too, so I'm not sure on that.

Hawthorne Guardian
                  Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                  Old September 14th, 2012 (4:18 PM).
                  • Crystal Tier

Yeah, unless its what they did with Abyss 3D and Graces this year, like a remake/Port to another handheld like Vita, or 3DS, but I see Hearts would be remade to the Vita like Innocence R being on Vita. I want to see Hearts to get the similar remake.
                  Old September 14th, 2012 (7:34 PM).
                  Gaiden

Yeah; I was kinda disappointing on how they've said Innocence R wasn't going to be localized, even though Innocence R looks promising and fun, but I do hope that Hearts will have improved graphics on the Vita too~

Oh yeaaah, you guys knew about the Design-your-own-Tales-T-Shirt contest sponsored by Baba, right? (yeah, this was a month ago)

In case you've missed it, this was the winning design:

I personally, enjoy this art myself~! I hope they'll release it - even if its in Japan I miiight be pondering to buy it overseas.

Hawthorne Guardian
                    Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                    Old September 14th, 2012 (8:22 PM).
                    total nerd
                    • Gold Tier

Well, they could always put up Hearts as a downloadable eShop title on the 3DS. o3o
                    If they don't release it, then I'm still happy with Graces f and Xillia. xD;

Also, I'll definitely be grabbing one of those T-Shirts when they release it! It looks awesome. : D
                    Old September 14th, 2012 (8:59 PM).
                    Gaiden

I'm perfectly happy with the titles I have too~ <3 I'm saving up for a PS3 solely to play Xillia. And for an opportunity to fully play Graces f. But yes... then I'd have to support the console by buying games like, I dunno, Disgaea? (But I love Disgaea too, so that won't be a problem~!)

They have other T-shirts too, like this one:

*Power Hammer... so OP ;w;*

Well, I have another question for you all - Which Tales game, in your opinion, had the best ending? (not counting credits)

Because as much as I love Vesperia... I felt Abyss had more of a strong and emotional ending. It was really great, and the best in my opinion. <3 Destiny II comes in second tied with Symphonia.

Hawthorne Guardian
                      Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                      Old September 14th, 2012 (10:32 PM).
                      total nerd
                      • Gold Tier

Which Tales game, in your opinion, had the best ending? (not counting credits)

Well! The only Tales games I've actually finished are Symphonia, Abyss and Innocence, so... I'd have to say Symphonia. It really finished the story well, and leaves you with a really strong feeling of satisfaction. It was also quite emotional as well, from what I can remember.
                      The Abyss ending felt somewhat rushed to me, but hey! That's just me.
                      Old September 15th, 2012 (5:12 AM).
                      Gaiden

Yeah, Symphonia's was awesome, but it was kind of a giant tease how it ended with Lloyd -just- as he was about to name the New World Tree, but, I guess it was for the best (ended in a more dramatic way, teehehe) and with some good speculations~

Hawthorne Guardian
                        Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                        Old September 15th, 2012 (7:14 AM).
                        Suuuper Busy

Nature: Jolly
                          Quote:
                          Yeah, Symphonia's was awesome, but it was kind of a giant tease how it ended with Lloyd -just- as he was about to name the New World Tree, but, I guess it was for the best (ended in a more dramatic way, teehehe) and with some good speculations~
                          What about the likely theory that Symphonia la a prequel to Phatasia? If the theory is correct, (I believe it is) then the Tree's name is Yggdrasil.

Also I JUST discovered the solution to my obsession of identifying every enemy in Abyss. After 800 hours of playing, I dicovered Anise can use Inspect Eye on Colosseum enemies. Since Magic Lens can't be used on them, I've given up on identifying them until just now. I don't know how I just thought of this after 800 hours but it's finally done. Yay.
                          Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                          Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                          Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                          Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                          Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                          Old September 15th, 2012 (8:51 AM).
                          Radiant Cool Boy
                          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
                          What about the likely theory that Symphonia la a prequel to Phatasia? If the theory is correct, (I believe it is) then the Tree's name is Yggdrasil.

Also I JUST discovered the solution to my obsession of identifying every enemy in Abyss. After 800 hours of playing, I dicovered Anise can use Inspect Eye on Colosseum enemies. Since Magic Lens can't be used on them, I've given up on identifying them until just now. I don't know how I just thought of this after 800 hours but it's finally done. Yay.
                          It's not a theory, it was confirmed long ago that Symphonia was a distant prequel to Phantasia. (1000 years before, I believe) Not many of the same locations, Ymir Forest is the only one that comes to mind, but there are numerous references and the giant tree of course.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links