• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Can We Cuss On Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyChimp

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    Hi, I'm new and I don't want to break any rules. I also don't want to waste anyones time by reading the rules of the site so I decided to go straight to the horses mouth.

Sometimes when I get excited, I like to start my posts off with "[mod/removed]" or "[mod/removed]". Usually the forums I post in are ok with this excitement. I know there are a lot of sensitive posters on this forum so I wanted to make sure it was ok before I proceed.

If you want, I could put a warning label in my thread titles so if people don't want to see the cuss words they can just avoid the thread. For example, If I wanted to make a thread about my excitement for Pokemon Black and White, I could title the thread **Cuss Words Inside, Proceed With Caution** What Do You Think Of Pokemon Black and White?

That's just a quick example off the top of my head, I'll word it however the mods feel is appropriate, but you get the jist of it right?

Hurry up and answer this post because I'm excited as hell to start a new thread about a Green! You people are gonna shit your britches when you read what I uncovered!!

WAR POKEMON!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • The majority of the serious curse words are censored, majority of which you just managed to bypass the censor for in your post.

The rules state no swearing, and to definitely not bypass the censor.
    However, I've seen people get away with words like "hell" or "damn" so long as they're not in any way affecting anyone or being aimed at another user in an attempt to flame them.

In my opinion, I get the feeling you're perfectly capable of holding it in. The need for excessive cursing is unnecessary.

Years
  • Sometimes when I get excited, I like to start my posts off with "****" or "HOLY ****".!

Also, bypassing the swearing checker is against the rules, so I would change that in your first post if I was you.

Just some friendly advice.

Because the forum is open to younger ages, it is best that foul language isn't used.

DirtyChimp

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    The majority of the serious curse words are censored, majority of which you just managed to bypass the censor for in your post.

The rules state no swearing, and to definitely not bypass the censor.
    However, I've seen people get away with words like "hell" or "damn" so long as they're not in any way affecting anyone or being aimed at another user in an attempt to flame them.

In my opinion, I get the feeling you're perfectly capable of holding it in. The need for excessive cursing is unnecessary.

Well, I knew I had to bypass the censor, that's why I made the thread asking if it was ok.

Nothing was directed at another member, it's just my excitement.

We need to create a separate sub-forum where kids aren't allowed so we can cuss.

What do you guys think a proper age limit should be before a poster is allowed to view/write cuss words?

I'm ok with 13. I think once you get to that age, you've probably heard it all and the shock of hearing a word like "[mod/removed]" has probably worn off by then.

Everyone agree with this? How do we get the ball rolling on something like that? Who do I need to contact? Give me a name people!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Well, I knew I had to bypass the censor, that's why I made the thread asking if it was ok.

Nothing was directed at another member, it's just my excitement.

We need to create a separate sub-forum where kids aren't allowed so we can cuss.

What do you guys think a proper age limit should be before a poster is allowed to view/write cuss words?

I'm ok with 13. I think once you get to that age, you've probably heard it all and the shock of hearing a word like "motherfucker" has probably worn off by then.

Everyone agree with this? How do we get the ball rolling on something like that? Who do I need to contact? Give me a name people!

I disagree.
    Separating forums by age will kill boards. There is no point having one board for children and one of adults.

Everyone can keep a civil tongue and I am sure you can.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We used to have the T-Dome in the past, which allowed mature content, but due to people acting immaturely about it, the forum got disabled. I don't think there's any chance of it returning.

DirtyChimp

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    Read the rules and what the above posters said. Also It would be advised to read the current Black and White threads before actually making a thread - same goes for every other section, too.

WOW! twenty thousand + posts! Cool!

Sorry, I replied before reading your post.

Any way we can get the ball rolling on something like this? I think it would be a great addition to the forum. It would bring in a new, more serious crowd.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting to get rid of the kid stuff, but a more adult friendly zone for Pokemon discussion would be an asset to the community.

What do you think?

Years
  • I disagree.
    Separating forums by age will kill boards. There is no point having one board for children and one of adults.

Everyone can keep a civil tongue and I am sure you can.

Any way we can get the ball rolling on something like this? I think it would be a great addition to the forum. It would bring in a new, more serious crowd.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting to get rid of the kid stuff, but a more adult friendly zone for Pokemon discussion would be an asset to the community.

What do you think?

Just incase you missed my post, it is above.

I think it will divide the forum. I think it is a bad idea and it really isn't hard to keep a civil tongue. If you want to swear, fair enough, but it will be censored.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

What do you think?
    Uhmm, no?
    I wouldn't like to see users cursing here and there for whatever reason. And separated boards? Heck no! If you want to curse in a Pokémon forum, well don't do it on PC. Everything's all good in here, and that what made me join it instead of the others. :/

And besides, bypassing the censor anywhere on the forums is against the rules. No exception, from what I've heard.

DirtyChimp

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010

Uhmm, no?
    I wouldn't like to see users cursing here and there for whatever reason. And separated boards? Heck no! If you want to curse in a Pokémon forum, well don't do it on PC. Everything's all good in here, and that what made me join it instead of the others. :/

And besides, bypassing the censor anywhere on the forums is against the rules. No exception, from what I've heard.

You like Brock Lesnar? That's cool. Pm me when you get his pics up.

Did you see my idea about the warning label I could put in my thread titles? That would solve your problem if you don't want to see cuss words. I think this is a good idea, don't you?

Years
  • You like Brock Lesnar? That's cool. Pm me when you get his pics up.

Did you see my idea about the warning label I could put in my thread titles? That would solve your problem if you don't want to see cuss words. I think this is a good idea, don't you?

But having warning labels might ward off younger people from entering the topic.

Seriously, bottom line. I don't like the idea, it won't happen again.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    You like Brock Lesnar? That's cool. Pm me when you get his pics up.

You'd still be violating the rules. How hard is it to understand "No Swearing", I mean, really? :U

DirtyChimp

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    Just incase you missed my post, it is above.

I think it will divide the forum. I think it is a bad idea and it really isn't hard to keep a civil tongue. If you want to swear, fair enough, but it will be censored.

Hmm, you have a valid point about dividing the forum.

That's why I had the idea about putting a warning label on my thread titles though. That could work don't you think?

I don't know though man, I really think an adult pokemon discussion room would be a great addition. I have seen SO much cool shizzle about Pokemon that could be considered adult material. Some real cool games too.

You can see my point a little bit can't you?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Well, if it isn't allowed in here, it isn't allowed for a reason. If it weren't for any reason, it wouldn't have been a part of the rules to avoid swearing. The rules for a forum are decided and posted after thinking considerably about it. I don't really think the anybody's gonna agree on allowing all this stuff. Seriously, you're on the internet and everything you type is under your control. Even if you get excited, I'm sure, just like Fabio said above, you can certainly try to avoid swearing and censor bypassing. It isn't really hard, you know. You're not the only person who's used to using words such as the f word a lot. A lot of people I know who're members of this forum swear like anything irl and also probably when they 'get excited'. But no, they don't break the rules by posting posts containing swearings because they respect the rules and hence try to control themselves. You should do the same, really.

And as said a number of times by other members previously, you should probably edit the objectionable words in your first post.

Years
  • Hmm, you have a valid point about dividing the forum.

That's why I had the idea about putting a warning label on my thread titles though. That could work don't you think?

I don't know though man, I really think an adult pokemon discussion room would be a great addition. I have seen SO much cool shizzle about Pokemon that could be considered adult material. Some real cool games too.

You can see my point a little bit can't you?

By adding the warning labels, you won't divide the forum, just the boards. Same thing, smaller scale.

If you want to see 'adult' pokemon content, then this isn't the forum for you.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • He isn't. But whatever he's saying is correct and you should probably pay some heed to whatever we all are blabbering instead of going on and on about your point which doesn't really have any meaning as far as forums like this one are concerned.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Just a few things...

a) You're already breaking a rule in this thread by censor bypassing in the original post, and then again four posts later. Good job!
    b) Most of the time, cursing (that ISN'T censor bypass) is looked over by most of the moderators on the forum unless it's aimed at someone in a disrespectful way. It's recommended that you don't curse at all, however.
    c) Members here can't even handle reputation without abusing it. The majority of our members are children and immature. Implimenting the T-Dome, or anything like that, again is far-fetched and just... not something suited for the forum, despite me wanting something more mature around here to discuss sensitive topics. Other Chat has become a loose stanard on the T-Dome, give or take a few things.
    d) You're getting off-topic by asking members who reply here completely irrelivant questions. Good job!
    e) Warning labels won't work, considering a warning label doesn't really mean much to members. They should be able to browse the forums without having to look over a thread for being one that includes cursing.
    f) Clearly Captain Fabio isn't a moderator on the forum. You don't have to be a moderator on the forum to know what will and won't work, and you don't need to have a status on the forum to really give your opinion - which, by the way, is one that all the staff agrees with.

Oh, and I'm locking this thread. Thanks for the suggestion, but for the reasons stated above and the way this topic is going - at your own hands - there's no need for it to continue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back