Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2014 (1:14 PM). Edited July 31st, 2014 by FlexxGaming.
Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer

INTRODUCTION
    Did you ever play Pokémon X and Y? Probably. Have you ever wanted to play Pokemon X and Y on your PC? I think quite some people wanted to do that...
    Well... now you can leap into the Kalos Region via PC with Pokémon XY PC edition! Travel through Kalos in a way you've never done before.

STORY
    Spoiler:

You'll be able to go on your journey as a boy or a girl, and you can choose how your hero looks overall! Find a look that suits you, and then set off on your travels!
    Your adventure takes place in the expansive Kalos region, where you'll explore cities, meet people, and encounter many Pokémon. Don't miss Lumiose City, the central hub of the region, where you'll return many times on your journey.
    Look for all-new Fairy-type Pokémon, the first new Pokémon type since Dark-type and Steel-type Pokémon were introduced almost a decade ago. Fairy-type moves are super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon. One such Fairy-type Pokémon to meet is Sylveon, the new evolved form of Eevee!

All-new battle formats are fun for new players and Pokémon pros. Sky Battles feature duels between Pokémon that can fly, and Horde encounters are massive competitions where one of your Pokémon faces many wild Pokémon at once! These new modes will challenge every Pokémon Trainer.
    In addition to new battle types, you can also care for your Pokémon with the Pokémon-Amie feature. Feed, pet, and play with your Pokémon to increase your bond. The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they'll become—and perhaps perform better for you in battle.
    Around the Kalos region, you'll meet a lot of people. First there's the brilliant Professor Sycamore. He's researching Pokémon, and he's looking to you and your friends for help. He may even challenge you to a battle from time to time. But you're also likely to encounter members of the mysterious organization Team Flare. What they're up to is anyone's guess.
    In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, some Pokémon will tap into powers long dormant. This special kind of Evolution is called Mega Evolution. In addition to far greater strength, Mega-Evolved Pokémon may also see their Ability change, or even their type!
    There's a new method of Pokémon training: Super Training! With Super Training, it’s not your Pokémon’s level that goes up but its base stats, the underlying values that define your Pokémon's skills in battle. These base stats could be increased using items and other methods in previous Pokémon titles, but in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to raise them far more easily than ever before, thanks to Super Training.

Text by Gamefreak and Nintendo

CHARACTERS
    Spoiler:

Calem

As the Protagonist:
    Calem is a boy living in Vaniville Town with his friends Serena, Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna. He recently moved into Vaniville Town. His mom owns a Rhyhorn and Fletchling, the latter of which wakes Calem up at the start of the game.

As your Rival:
    Calem is a young boy who lives in Vaniville Town when the protagonist moves into town. Calem is the main rival of the character, choosing the starter Pokémon which is super effective to the player's. He is also the character who teaches the player and Shauna how to catch a Pokémon.

Serena

As the Protagonist:
    Serena is a girl living in Vaniville Town with her friends Calem, Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna. She recently moved into Vaniville Town. Her mom owns a Rhyhorn and Fletchling, the latter of which wakes Serena up at the start of the game.

As your Rival:
    Serena is a young girl who lives in Vaniville Town when the protagonist moves into town. Serena is the main rival of the character, choosing the starter Pokémon which is super effective to the player's. She is also the character who teaches the player and Shauna how to catch a Pokémon.

Shauna

Shauna is energetic and curious about her friends' progress in their travels. She also enjoys solving puzzles, and is a friend of Clemont and Bonnie. Shawna is also one of your rivals.

Tierno

A friend of the player, to whom he gives the starter Pokémon sent through him by Professor Sycamore. He is a dancer and his goal is to create a dance team with Pokémon and wants to find Pokémon with amazing moves. Tierno is also one of your rivals.

Trevor

A friend of the player. Trevor delivers the player his or her Pokédex on behalf of Professor Sycamore, and he aims to be the first among his friends to finish collecting data for his Pokédex. Trevor and his older sister live in Lumiose City, near Jaune Plaza. Ever since their parents left them behind in order to travel around the world and train their Pokémon. Trevor is also one of your rivals.

SCREENSHOTS
    Ingame Screenshots and stuff...
    Spoiler:

SPECIAL EVENTS
    Spoiler:

Mega Blaziken Event:
    You won't receive your Torchic with the Blazikenite through the Mystery Gift anymore, the little bugger will walk around all alone in Santalune forest, will you take it with you?

Aftergame Quests:
    Did you think the aftergame of X and Y was a letdown? Well it won't be as bad as it was because you will get quests in the aftergame. What kind of quests? Well... think of mystery dungeon, after helping a couple of trainers you will get a quest regarding a special pokémon. Looker Bureau will be replaced by the Lumiose Police Bureau and will serve as the starting area for the special quests. Most of the rewards for the special quests will be something big, like a big nugget, master ball or a pokémon.
    Special quests that will be programmed: (gets updated over time)
    • Zygarde's awakening!
    Spoiler:

There have been some earthquakes in the Kalos Region! Find the source and make sure the quakes stop!
    Reward: Master Ball
    • Tierno's last dance.
    Spoiler:

Tierno's pokémon have been stolen by a mysterious figure! Help him get his pokémon back before his plane to the Hoenn Dance Competition departs!
    Reward: Tierno's Hitmontop
    • Mako and the fire of courage.
    Spoiler:

NEW MEGA EVOLUTIONS
    Might get updated over time
    Spoiler:

Mega Milotic - Sprite by FlexxGaming
    Spoiler:

Front Sprite:

Back Sprite:
    None yet.

Type:
    Water/Fairy

Ability:
    Serene Grace

Mega Malamar - Sprite by FlexxGaming
    Spoiler:

Front Sprite:

Back Sprite:
    None yet.

Type:
    Dark/Psychic

Ability:
    Contrary

Mega Blastoise Y Design By Proceleon
    Spoiler:

VIDEOS

OFFICIAL SUPPORT BAR
    Spoiler:

Code:
    Remove the spaces between IMG and /IMG [ IMG ]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/125/b/3/pokemon_xy_pc_edition_support_bar_by_flexxgaming-d7h7na3.png[ /IMG ]

Make sure to remove the spaces
    Code:
    [ IMG]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/212/b/5/supportbanner_serena_by_flexxgaming-d7t39jw.png[/img ]

Make sure to remove the spaces
    Code:
    [ IMG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/212/3/d/supportbanner_calem_by_flexxgaming-d7t39b6.png[/img ]

CREDITS
    Spoiler:

Zeo 254 for the X and Y styled outside tiles
    BoOmXBiG for the X and Y styled outside tiles
    Kyledove for the in house tiles for Vaniville Town
    WesleyFG for the gen 4 outside tiles
    874521 for the in house stone floor tiles
    Worldslayer608 for the X and Y battle backgrounds
    Gamefreak and Nintendo for creating the pokémon franchise
    SuperEspeon for the mega mightyena concepts
    Maruno & co for creating Pokémon Essentials
    (this wil be changed when I find out the (nick)names of the other developers)

BECOME A DEVELOPER
    Spoiler:

Do you want to become part of the team? Just send an e-mail or PM containing information like this form:
    Spoiler:

First of all, you need to have a certain amount of experience in Pokemon Essentials and RPG MAKER XP

Name:
    Nickname:
    DeviantID(optional):
    Skype(optional):

Experience:
    - Type your strong points(like mapping or scripting) here -

Motivation:
    - Type why you want to be a developer here -

Some of your work:

OUR TEAM
    Spoiler:

FlexxGaming - Lead developer, graphics artist, tileset inserter, Lead mapper
    Dragonnite - Programmer all round, Lead Event Programmer
    Lady Prixy - Co-programmer all round, co event programmer
    Proceleon - Artist
    Whitney's Shaymin - Special insides/Forest/Caves mapper

OUR PUBLIC CHAT ROOM MODS
    Public Chat room URL: https://chatstep.com/#Pokemon XY PC EDITION
    Spoiler:

FlexxGaming - In chat name: FlexxGaming
    Whitney's Shaymin - In chat name: Pokemoner2500
    Dragonnite - In chat name: CoccoTheCoder

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Spoiler:

Mr. Mako
    Natsu Dragneel

[CENTER]

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 7th, 2014 (3:00 PM).

Hey people! I've got another video to show you! It shows the intro and the first part of the new game thingy.
      https://vimeo.com/94461436

[CENTER]
      Old May 7th, 2014 (4:13 PM).

So, is this meant to be Pokemon XY for PC or a custom story like the Pokemon XY story? I'm pretty sure an exact replica will get you a C&D.
        Old May 7th, 2014 (7:59 PM).
        Adorables

Nature: Lax
          First off:
          Quote:
          an exact replica will get you a C&D.
          Probably. Secondly, this is soooooooooooooooo awesome! I'm really excited for this and if there is anything I could do to help it along, I'd be honoured!

But yeah, don't make it exactly the same story, just similar-ish with the same GL's and E4 trainers, that way it's not copyright infringement

ROM Hacks I've worked on:

Old May 7th, 2014 (9:28 PM).

Quote:
            So, is this meant to be Pokemon XY for PC or a custom story like the Pokemon XY story? I'm pretty sure an exact replica will get you a C&D.
            Quote:
            Probably. Secondly, this is soooooooooooooooo awesome! I'm really excited for this and if there is anything I could do to help it along, I'd be honoured!

But yeah, don't make it exactly the same story, just similar-ish with the same GL's and E4 trainers, that way it's not copyright infringement

The story will mainly be the original story from X and Y. However, small parts of the story will be written better ummm... I mean changed :D. For example, remember the two buttons at team Flare's hideout? Yeah... you probably do... but anyways, you will catch the legendary depending on which button you choose. The Holocauster will have its own aftergame quest etc etc. I don't want to spoil to much this early on so... you will have to wait and check the topic once in a while .

Long story short: the story will be tweaked a bit but will mainly focus around the original X and Y story.

[CENTER]
            Old May 7th, 2014 (10:26 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FlexxGaming View Post
              The story will mainly be the original story from X and Y. However, small parts of the story will be written better ummm... I mean changed :D. For example, remember the two buttons at team Flare's hideout? Yeah... you probably do... but anyways, you will catch the legendary depending on which button you choose. The Holocauster will have its own aftergame quest etc etc. I don't want to spoil to much this early on so... you will have to wait and check the topic once in a while .

Long story short: the story will be tweaked a bit but will mainly focus around the original X and Y story.
              Well, I wish you the best and would love to test as you go! This would be brilliant! Nintendo is really weird with their C&Ds as I understand it and they can come from no where so I think to be safe you should maybe market it a bit differently. As I look at it now it looks as if you are showing an official PC version of a game; maybe adding 'a fan game' on or something may help your odds. I would just hate to see you do all this work and then be told to stop because this would be great!

All the best!

indieoutloud
              Old May 7th, 2014 (10:47 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by indieoutloud View Post
                Well, I wish you the best and would love to test as you go! This would be brilliant! Nintendo is really weird with their C&Ds as I understand it and they can come from no where so I think to be safe you should maybe market it a bit differently. As I look at it now it looks as if you are showing an official PC version of a game; maybe adding 'a fan game' on or something may help your odds. I would just hate to see you do all this work and then be told to stop because this would be great!

All the best!

indieoutloud
                I'll change some things when I get home then(currently at school and the wifi doesn't quite love me).

And For some curious people, I've been busy inserting the tiles for the outside of Vaniville Town.
                A quick test
                Spoiler:

Credits to Zeo254 and BoOmxBiG for their amazing X and Y styled tiles!

[CENTER]
                Old May 7th, 2014 (11:08 PM).
                Suport pokemon unleashed

Nature: Calm
                  Awesome i will play this for sure <3
                  Old May 8th, 2014 (12:20 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Yuna Hope View Post
                    Awesome i will play this for sure <3
                    Aaahw thank you ! By the way, I really like the first part of your Nicknama(Yuna) Do you mind if I use it as a name for a character for a special aftergame quest?

[CENTER]
                    Old May 8th, 2014 (12:27 AM).
                    Suport pokemon unleashed

Nature: Calm
                      Quote:
                      Aaahw thank you ! By the way, I really like the first part of your Nicknama(Yuna) Do you mind if I use it as a name for a character for a special aftergame quest?
                      LOL Yes it is an honor <3

Yuna <3
                      Old May 8th, 2014 (12:37 AM).
                      Fire Dragon Slayer
                      • Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
                      Awesome. Hopefully its not as boring as the original x and y ._.

Name: Kyuubi
                      3DS Friend Code: 2723-9635-5698
                      Old May 8th, 2014 (3:56 PM).
                      Resident Edgelord Troll

It's great to see this thread is up. I hope you accept me for doing maps for this.

Check out my channel
                        Old May 8th, 2014 (4:10 PM).

I know this is alpha and you're probably going to do it eventually but when choosing the character, you should highlight which one is from "Jhoto" in the pictures shown and darken all the other, I know they're put in order but it would be easier to tell which character you're choosing by highlighting your choice.

Also, is the Mapping temporary?
                          Old May 8th, 2014 (6:51 PM).
                          8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

I really hope that quite a bit will be changed up from X & Y One of my favorite things about fangames that don't use an entirely unique region is seeing how exactly the creator used their creativity to changed things up.

And this comes from someone who hasn't even played X & Y haha, but I also know that the stock games tend to be rather bland in terms of gameplay.
                            Old May 8th, 2014 (7:18 PM).

They are bland because they're simple enough for everyone to play and they use the same scheme (8 badges, elite 4, ...) because it worked and it still works, by adding something fresh everytime (such as new graphics, for instance) to keep people -still- interested.

The difference between Fan Games and official is that Fan games aim to make a game the maker likes (what he/she wishes Pokémon to be, pure creativity in poor words) while Official games aim to make money as first thing.
                              Old May 8th, 2014 (9:40 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Alesteir View Post
                                I know this is alpha and you're probably going to do it eventually but when choosing the character, you should highlight which one is from "Jhoto" in the pictures shown and darken all the other, I know they're put in order but it would be easier to tell which character you're choosing by highlighting your choice.

Also, is the Mapping temporary?

Why, is the mapping that bad :p?
                                Yeah the mapping will be changed up while developing. I'm currently waiting for permission regarding some B&W style overworld sprites and tiles. After insertion of the tiles(which is a Bunnelby(curse word prevented! xD) by the way) the mapping will be changed.

Oh and Mr.Mako, welcome to the team

- Do you want to join the team? Please refer to the become a developer section in the first post of this thread -

[CENTER]
                                Old May 8th, 2014 (10:28 PM).
                                8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Alesteir View Post
                                  They are bland because they're simple enough for everyone to play and they use the same scheme (8 badges, elite 4, ...) because it worked and it still works, by adding something fresh everytime (such as new graphics, for instance) to keep people -still- interested.

The difference between Fan Games and official is that Fan games aim to make a game the maker likes (what he/she wishes Pokémon to be, pure creativity in poor words) while Official games aim to make money as first thing.
                                  Exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words to do, haha. The official games have to appeal to the lowest common denominator (I don't mean that to sound as bad as it does), whereas a fan made game has more freedom to change up plots, difficulty, appeal to an older crowd, etc. And as a fellow fan I always love to see what fellow fans choose to do because its often what I would do if I had the time or talent.

If Game Freak ever made a game that took the basic mechanics of Pokemon but gave it more in common with other RPGs, I think I might give them all of my money.
                                  Old May 9th, 2014 (4:58 AM).
                                  The Storm of Friendship

Nature: Brave
                                    This is Great, I always wanted play X and Y on PC, Good luck and my support is with you, hope you complete it!
                                    Old May 9th, 2014 (8:07 AM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by MegaIndianCharizardX View Post
                                      This is Great, I always wanted play X and Y on PC, Good luck and my support is with you, hope you complete it!
                                      Wait... of all people... one of my favorite rom-hackers reacts to my topic? WAAAAAAH thank you senpaii~ :p

I will post a small update regarding the special quests later today. So stay tuned!

[CENTER]
                                      Old May 9th, 2014 (5:03 PM). Edited May 10th, 2014 by Mr.Mako.
                                      Resident Edgelord Troll

Well everybody here is an attempt I did at recreating Vaniville town: http://mr-mako1.deviantart.com/art/Vaniville-Town-attempt-in-Fire-Red-452895628
                                        The tileset that the map will be done in will be more X/Y-like but it is missing some necessary tiles.

Edit: the map was done in Advance map which is the reason for the Fire Red tiles. None of the other maps done for this game will be in this style or with Advance map this was the map that got me on the team.

Check out my channel
                                        Old May 12th, 2014 (8:34 AM). Edited May 14th, 2014 by FlexxGaming.

Hey people! A quick small update regarding the special quests.
                                          Please note the storyline of these quests can be changed.
                                          Please note the "screenshots" have not been made in the game yet and serve as "sketches" rather than the actual maps.

Spoiler:

Also... sorry I didn't post an update in a while. I was sick and well... a fever of around 40 degrees celsius can be a bit of a Bunnelby(curse word prevented, again! :D)... and Mako, you won't have to make these maps, I will make the maps for the special quests.

Edit:
                                          Aaaah dang I just noticed some grammar mistake in the quest thingy... sorry people, English isn't my native language, bear with me please

Psssst guys... look... it's a teeny tiny Generate Ball Sprite... isn't it cute

[CENTER]
                                          Old May 12th, 2014 (1:03 PM).
                                          Resident Edgelord Troll

Quote:
                                            Please note the "screenshots" have not been made in the game yet and serve as "sketches" rather than the actual maps.

Spoiler:

Also... sorry I didn't post an update in a while. I was sick and well... a fever of around 40 degrees celsius can be a bit of a Bunnelby(curse word prevented, again! :D)... and Mako, you won't have to make these maps, I will make the maps for the special quests.

Edit:
                                            Aaaah dang I just noticed some grammar mistake in the quest thingy... sorry people, English isn't my native language, bear with me please

Wonderful, though I have minor suggestions that I'll pm you.
                                            For anyone wondering the pink spiky-eared pichuwas something I came up with the other day and it has become my mascot. It doesn't evolve (though if it did it would evolve into a pink pikachu known as Pinkachu) and it is an electric/fairy type to match the special coloring. I will have an image or a sprite of it made and posted before too long.

Check out my channel
                                            Old May 12th, 2014 (2:09 PM).
                                            Superhero

A really interesting idea. I know many people that, because they don’t have a 3DS, haven’t played X and Y. This re-told may actually be a gift for those people! But, I have a request... Could you write actual motivations for Lysson? xD Like, you know, not like in the original games.
                                              Old May 12th, 2014 (2:18 PM).
                                              FlexxGaming FlexxGaming is offline

I won't reveal to much about what I think about doing with Lysandre but lets say this: Lysandre won't be as young as he actually appears in the game...

[CENTER]
                                                Old May 13th, 2014 (12:52 AM).
                                                Natsu Dragneel Natsu Dragneel is offline
                                                Fire Dragon Slayer
                                                • Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
                                                Quote:

Spoiler:

Edit:

Nice quest i love the rewards! Keep it up. Also since ur making quests and stuff are u also making some mega evos? O.o

Name: Kyuubi
                                                3DS Friend Code: 2723-9635-5698
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

Sponsored Links