• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prepare for trouble~!! [Team Rocket Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Which Team Rocket Member would you like to learn more of their backstory the most?
Giovanni, He's da Boss :) Silver, we may know about him but I just don't. Also Butch and Cassidy as it seems they just dissapeared.

CheshireNeko

Rocket Grunt
Years
We sell them and make major moneys. I could hardly imagine how much cash certain people would dish out for Arceus on a leash. Or better yet, we send out all those pokemon to pilfer the money for us instead. Whatever works =P

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
Who needs money? If we have all legendary Pokemon we can easily take over the world for free. Money is useless when you can take anything for free.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Who needs money? If we have all legendary Pokemon we can easily take over the world for free. Money is useless when you can take anything for free.
I would like to be rich, but to rule the world? Nuway lol. I hope you're not serious, else you're a megalomaniac ;P.

It's time for a new question, but I have no good idea. Here's a random one, but please add another!

How old do you consider JJ&M to be?
To me, Jessie and James are around 23 and Meowth is about 6. What a question XD.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I imagine Jessie and James to be around 22. Meowth... I never really considered his age. 6 sounds about right~

CheshireNeko

Rocket Grunt
Years
They would totally be older than the protagonists, around 20 somewhere. Jessie also looks older than James by... a large margin. Meowth is immortal so meh >_>

Don't know if this topic has come up before, but I'll give it a shot:
If you were a Team Rocket operative, what town would you want to be stationed in?

Every continent included. I'd like Celadon for the Game Corner! Just have to watch out for pesky ten year olds who just barge in and mop the floor with the entire base's crew.

Years

Well I think Jessie and James are 17 years old because that is what Jessie said she was when she was filling out her application form in The Ultimate Test. As for Meowth I have no clue.
^ Same thoughts here as well. xD;

If you were a Team Rocket operative, what town would you want to be stationed in?
This is an interesting question! :D Anywhere in Hoenn would work for me; I love the region. Verdanturf town seems good as it is pollution free. Otherwise Lilycove with it's beach and shopping centre would make a nice location for me. :>

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Lilycove, Hoenn. Or Slateport. I love Hoenn, I love being by the water. :>

ACE9223

ACE Trainer
Years

anywhere in unova to go undercover as team plasma to get lot-sa info on there secret plans to use to our advantage

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years

Well I think Jessie and James are 17 years old because that is what Jessie said she was when she was filling out her application form in The Ultimate Test. As for Meowth I have no clue.

I really doubt she's as young as 17. Two reasons!

1) From Japanese to English episode comparisons:
When Musashi is signing up, she says she has two different ages, depending on what you're looking at. In the actual episode, she says she's 22. In the film comic, she says she's 17. It's hard to tell what age she is, and for all we know these ages could just be part of an alias she uses for the exam.

2) From Birth of Mewtwo CD drama:
Miyamoto:Yeah...oh hey, will you let me capture you? Please? Preschool, kindergarten...children cost money. (Blizzard starts again) Huh? Where are you going? Huh?! You're leaving? Hey you! Wait up. I won't let you do that. Once I talk of profits, I'm not going let this chance go! (Mew flies away, as the blizzard returns) Huh? Where are you going?
--(Avalanche sound is heard from a distance) What? This feels bad! What? I'm going to fall? After all?! AUGH! (Avalanche crashes on Miyamoto)

Sakaki:Well, it was eighteen years after that incident when the secret of the phantom pokemon was revealed to us again.

blah blah

Miyamoto: (In the Andes Mountains) I am Miyamoto-chan. I won't give up. The daughter I left is almost a hag. (hag refers to an unmarried woman over the age of twenty-four, rather than an eldery and repulsive creature)You don't remember my face even...right? Musashi? There's no loss inhaving too much money. Mew! Where are you?! After all, I, Miyamoto-chan will chase after the phantom pokemon everywhere, until the end of time! I'm going to do it!
(That could have happened later though...)

So Jessie's at least 18, but Miya abandoned her around 3, which means at least 21. However, the anime happens a bit after Sakaki's comment and Miyamoto's converstation with her boss could have happened more than 1 year after she gave Jessie to fostercare. According to the last thing Miya said, she's 22-23 though. Haha I'm a bit too much into it!!! :D

Which city blah blah:
I would like to live in Goldenrod. I always enjoyed running around in that city in Silver and I like big cities in general as well.

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I have a silly question for you guys, the topic is a bit dead so...

Have you ever associated TR characters with real people? Physically speaking.
It happened to me twice recently. I feel like James would look like prince Andrea (lol yeah a prince haha), and each time I see Berlusconi in the newspaper I think of Giovanni. I never thought anyone ressembled Jessie. No one has enough crazy hair to look like her except Lady Gaga lol. Fwooooosh!

lady-gaga-010710-6.jpg

CheshireNeko

Rocket Grunt
Years
I second Berlusconi = Giovanni. But then again, any italian mafia-looking dude = Giovanni. Also, first time I ever fought a Team Rocket trainer in generation 1 and saw this sprite, my first reaction was "whoah, nazi assault?!"
GenIRocket.png

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I second Berlusconi = Giovanni. But then again, any italian mafia-looking dude = Giovanni. Also, first time I ever fought a Team Rocket trainer in generation 1 and saw this sprite, my first reaction was "whoah, nazi assault?!"
GenIRocket.png
Hahaha nice one! xD Yeah it's true about the mafia guys, but Berlusconi is the only classy one I see these days. The other we see here are wearing T-shirts and don't look like gangsters hahaha.

CheshireNeko

Rocket Grunt
Years
Indeed, I was talking about those old Godfather kind of mafia. And while the first generation Grunts looked like SS officers, the later versions reminded me more of these guys. I think the touch was lost a bit there. I want TR to be real evil!

Years
I am so running out of topic ideas. :( Anyways, here's a totally random one:

If you were a Rocket grunt, would you secretly challenge Pokemon gyms and participate in the Pokemon League?

I would try to do so, but I wonder whether my Lv. 8 Rattata and Zubat would be able to hurt anyone. >.>

CheshireNeko

Rocket Grunt
Years
I totally would, but not with a lv. 8 Rattata I wouldn't. First, I'd break into the Daycare, kidnap some powerful Pokemon that some fool left there, and go war on the gyms with them in hand. Or I could simply sell the Pokemon and bribe the gym leaders for the badges. Or I could sneak into each gym at night and steal the leader's Pokemon themselves if I feel lucky.

Case in point, being a Rocket offers so many more possibilities than being a single-minded, idealistic twerp that the normal protagonist is in each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back