• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Key Item do you register?

What Key Item do you register?

• Bicycle

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • Fishing Rod (Any)

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Poke Radar

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Vs Seeker

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Dowsing Machine

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • GB Sounds

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Berry Pots

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Vs. Recorder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pal Pad

• Other (Please Post)

• Total voters

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I was wondering what Key Items do you guys register (where you press Select or X to use the Key Item instantly)?
    For me it is usually the Bicycle. However when I'm fishing I'll register the rod. In my HeartGold currently I've registered GB Sounds and the bicycle. I also sometimes register the Vs Seeker, Poke Radar and Dowsing Machine.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    It depends on the game and what I'm doing. In Emerald it's usually the bike or the itemfinder. In Pearl or Platinum it's generally the VS Seeker. In HG it's a fishing rod and the berry planter or bike.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    It is always the VS. Seeker. If I need to go somewhere, I'll register my bike, and when I get there I'll register my VS. Seeker if I have to stay there for a while.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    On all games, I registered the bike. I'm in a rush sometimes. Once in a while I'll register the fishing rod if I get tired of going to the Start menu too much. lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Most often it's the bike. Occasionally I'll switch it up and register the Super Rod or Vs Seeker, but most to the time having the Bike registered is most convenient for me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Like most others, I usually have the bike registered. Though sometimes I switch it up and (in my Pearl) have the VS Seeker, while in other games I have my Fishing Rod. On Soul Silver, the GB Player takes up one of my register spots, haha.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Bicycle forever and always. :D

Occasionally, I'll change it to the Super Rod if I'm fishing for a specific pokemon and don't feel like going through the menu every time. :P

With HGSS introducing a secondary shortcut, I register the Dowsing Machine just because I can. XD

Years
    In heartgold i keep my fishing pole and GB sounds handy, and sometimes i'll replace GB sounds with berry pots if i feel like farming. In Pearl i have the Poke Radar ready for chaining. And before i get those items it's always the bike.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Depends on the game.

GSC: Bike
    RSE: Bike
    FRLG: Vs Seeker
    DPPT: Vs Seeker
    HGSS: Bike, GB Sounds
    BW: Bike

Well, looks like it's mostly the bike, haha.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    It depends on what I'm doing at the time, but mostly the bike. When I'm fishing, I register the Super Rod or whatever Rod available. When EV training, I register my Vs. Seeker. When searching for shinies, I register my Poke Radar (In D/P/Pt only, though).

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    Always the bike. it seems like a necessity. You always seem to need it for something, mostly fast travel. =]

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I use my bike for the most part. The only time I can think of using my Fishing Pole as registered item was when I was looking for Feebas in Ruby and Sapphire.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I always make my bike the selected key item. However, nowadays, the vs. seeker has been getting some attention. Whenever I need to check up on my berries, I just go into my bag and click on the berry pot.

In SoulSilver, I made my two key items the bicycle and (super) fishing rod.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    1. The Vs. Seeker: that way I can battle trainers whenever I need to.
    2. Fishing rods (usually Super), but only if I'm near the water
    3. Poke Radar, but only when I'm about to go on a chaining spree
    4. Bike, no explanation needed

Back