• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you feel if there were four games of each region instead of three?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Imagine the region you love exploring was playable once more in a generation!

You'd have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Amethyst! Black, White, Grey and Pink, etc.

If a fourth game existed for each respective region, what do you think would be added in to differentiate it from the other three? More cities? Different colour scheme? Maybe for Hoenn, make the fourth mascot Latias, or Latios even? Etc. Do you think it would be worth spending time in one region one more time? (not including remakes)

Livewire's post in the DCC made me wonder, so yeah!

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    I feel I would get bored of the region; and the games themselves. I mean, I already sometimes get bored with the third games, so having a fourth game would screw me over completely.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Third game is enough. I mean, the third game improves on the first two, so why would we need an improvement of an improvement? That's like remaking a remake.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    A fourth game of the same region after a third is just overkill for me. A person can love a region as much as they want, but too much of it, and they can begin to lose interest. I agree with Sydian. If they have the first two versions, the third would should be an improvement from those two.

After that, anything more should really come in a remake ten or so years later where better graphics, designs, and ideas and plannings can be implemented to make the new versions a great improvement after so many years of playing the original versions of the region you once favored over the rest.

Kind of wordy at the end, but I think I got the message across. .-.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
    No, just no. I'm already partially against the idea of having even a third game, because no matter the additions, it's mostly overall the same game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Different Pokemon is the central point to the version differences, to encourage trading and stuff (originally this meant more profits from money spent on link cables but I suppose it's just status quo now, though some people buy both versions), with the third one being a sort of standalone expansion and mixing some of the available monsters of the previous two versions. A fourth version per generation would be redundant and antagonising to say the least.

Still, you've made me entertain the idea of a new 1st gen game, but not a remake in the style of how they actually have gone, say instead it'd have the same graphics and sound and as the originals, just with the kinks worked out (like Missingno), being on a newer format (if you want, but I've still got a Gameboy Pocket), and cut features reinserted (assuming there are any). Not something worth full retail price, at least not for me, but it may be a nice nostalgia trip for older fans and something for the younger ones to appreciate.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    If a fourth game meant another year or twelve waiting for the next generation, then uh. Definitely not. I wouldn't mind if it was released along with the third; like an alternate two versions to the original two. Say they'd released a pair of games, one featuring Darkrai and the other featuring Cresselia instead of Platinum, or something. I think that'd be a neat idea, at least once or twice.

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    A fourth game would be okay, but I would still go on the third game a lot more than the fourth game.
    Like HG/SS it has too much for me so I stick with platinum.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    It'd be like beating a dead horse, getting bored with it for a few months, then beating it again for a little while with a fancier stick.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    The region would get very boring... If there was a 4th generation, there would have to be a MAJOR difference and I would buy it. Like maybe you can travel to a bit of another region not in any of other games.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    come on. Really?! Seriously they already get enough money from us a 4th game would be outrageous... The third games already is enough and the fact we have to buy a new DS all the time DS DS lite DSi DSi XL 3DS. personally I still like the DS lite, but that's off topic.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Well I don't think I would like it any less or any more. I would of course be interested in these 4th releases, but I truly have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    That fourth game better be a completely playing experience from the first three, otherwise I can't see myself spending that kind of money for it...

Something like a new sub-region post game, different storyline/evil team, or if the heroine trainer looks a lot better than in the previous three games... that might give me a reason to buy the fourth game. But minor changes just aren't going to cut it.

Back