ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old June 5th, 2011 (10:18 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Yes even the latest beta 2.1 covers the whole Kanto.
Facepalm, I'm a noob :D I meant to ask about Orange Isle :D
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #277    
Old June 8th, 2011 (1:30 AM).
Lord Varion's Avatar
Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
Guess who's back?
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Age: 23
    Gender: Other
    Nature: Naughty
    Posts: 2,644
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
    Facepalm, I'm a noob :D I meant to ask about Orange Isle :D
    I hope the orange isle is done.
    Just seeing these videos of it is awesome.
    Unless you can't get there in beta 2.1 i can't wait
    __________________
    gone.
    Reply With Quote
      #278    
    Old June 9th, 2011 (3:51 PM).
    jstolze jstolze is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 268
      I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm pretty sure the 'bad jump errors' that were occurring on GPSP were from doing an event out of order. For instance, the legendary dog event MUST be done BEFORE obtaining HM03 Surf, otherwise you'll get the error right before falling down the hole in the floor. On top of that, If you do one event out of order, the odds of screwing up the save file is slim, but still possible. Also, If you plan on fighting your rival after the Rocket event @ the Slowpoke Well, You need to do it before fighting the second gym leader. Otherwise, it will just skip the event. I was just letting you know all of this because I'm curious if those bug(s) can even be fixed... If not, it's fine, I've can work around it. By the way, you're doing an excellent job. Keep it up!
      Reply With Quote
        #279    
      Old June 12th, 2011 (11:21 AM).
      linkandzelda's Avatar
      linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
      n00b desu ka?
         
        Join Date: Dec 2006
        Location: Hastings, England
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 775
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
        Facepalm, I'm a noob :D I meant to ask about Orange Isle :D
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
        I hope the orange isle is done.
        Just seeing these videos of it is awesome.
        Unless you can't get there in beta 2.1 i can't wait :laugh:
        In answer to both of you, I stated in my post or somewhere that only the first of the five islands are completed and will be available fully in beta 3.1. The full 5 islands with an extra 6th island will be available for beta 4, aka the probably finished version.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
        I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm pretty sure the 'bad jump errors' that were occurring on GPSP were from doing an event out of order. For instance, the legendary dog event MUST be done BEFORE obtaining HM03 Surf, otherwise you'll get the error right before falling down the hole in the floor. On top of that, If you do one event out of order, the odds of screwing up the save file is slim, but still possible. Also, If you plan on fighting your rival after the Rocket event @ the Slowpoke Well, You need to do it before fighting the second gym leader. Otherwise, it will just skip the event. I was just letting you know all of this because I'm curious if those bug(s) can even be fixed... If not, it's fine, I've can work around it. By the way, you're doing an excellent job. Keep it up!
        Interesting that you mention this, i'll look into it. I was wondering about the order of events myself.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #280    
        Old June 12th, 2011 (3:39 PM).
        Larvitar719's Avatar
        Larvitar719 Larvitar719 is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2011
          Location: Colorado Springs
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Gentle
          Posts: 2
          im playing this on an emulator on my Android and when i a fall into the room where the dogs are it freezes what is wrong?
          Reply With Quote
            #281    
          Old June 12th, 2011 (6:47 PM).
          jstolze jstolze is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 268
            @Larvitar719
            It's because you did an event out of order. Have you already defeated the 5 dancers and obtained HM 03 Surf? If so, then you might be out of luck for now...
            Reply With Quote
              #282    
            Old June 12th, 2011 (11:34 PM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,494
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
            In answer to both of you, I stated in my post or somewhere that only the first of the five islands are completed and will be available fully in beta 3.1. The full 5 islands with an extra 6th island will be available for beta 4, aka the probably finished version.
            I see, so it will be the same length as the previous version. Okay thanks for answering =)
            __________________
            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            Reply With Quote
              #283    
            Old June 13th, 2011 (3:48 AM).
            Lurtzh's Avatar
            Lurtzh Lurtzh is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 5
              what about Feraligatr back sprite? you should change it, cus its kinda annoying seeing his butt
              Reply With Quote
                #284    
              Old June 13th, 2011 (10:15 PM).
              Jaeden's Avatar
              Jaeden Jaeden is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2010
                Location: Where do you think?
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lax
                Posts: 34
                I'm not sure this is a bug, but it snowed in New Bark, Sandstormed on Route 29, and thunderstormed on Route 30. Just seems weird...

                Edit: It is now Sandstorming on route 30...
                __________________
                Screw the Rules, I have Money!




                Current Challenges
                Spoiler:
                Ultimate Water Monotype:
                Kanto- Done!
                Johto- Done!
                Hoenn- Done!
                Sinnoh- Halted
                Reply With Quote
                  #285    
                Old June 14th, 2011 (9:43 AM).
                Maxim Maxim is offline
                Heavy Metal Alchemist
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2005
                  Location: Srakaland Graveyard
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 636
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jaeden View Post
                  I'm not sure this is a bug, but it snowed in New Bark, Sandstormed on Route 29, and thunderstormed on Route 30. Just seems weird...

                  Edit: It is now Sandstorming on route 30...
                  No, it's actually a feature of this hack.

                  A very annoying feature.
                  __________________
                  After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #286    
                  Old June 15th, 2011 (3:06 AM).
                  Lord Varion's Avatar
                  Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
                  Guess who's back?
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2009
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Other
                    Nature: Naughty
                    Posts: 2,644
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jaeden View Post
                    I'm not sure this is a bug, but it snowed in New Bark, Sandstormed on Route 29, and thunderstormed on Route 30. Just seems weird...

                    Edit: It is now Sandstorming on route 30...
                    It's a feature.
                    It's makes the hack somewhat challenging because the weather effects pokémon ... like rain powers water type. Sandstorm hurts all types barring ground and rock at end of turns.

                    It's quite a good feature tbh.
                    __________________
                    gone.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #287    
                    Old June 15th, 2011 (3:33 AM).
                    linkandzelda's Avatar
                    linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
                    n00b desu ka?
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2006
                      Location: Hastings, England
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Careful
                      Posts: 775
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                      I see, so it will be the same length as the previous version. Okay thanks for answering =)
                      Well the last beta only went up to the first gym. This adds a little extra not much though.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lurtzh View Post
                      what about Feraligatr back sprite? you should change it, cus its kinda annoying seeing his butt
                      I love that back sprite its funny lol.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
                      It's a feature.
                      It's makes the hack somewhat challenging because the weather effects pokémon ... like rain powers water type. Sandstorm hurts all types barring ground and rock at end of turns.

                      It's quite a good feature tbh.
                      The weather in beta 2.1 was for the week day events to happen and also for a bit of variety. I had to use 7 different ones for each of the days. In 3.1 thats not a problem so the weather is limited to only common ones, plus seasonable weather based on the UK.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #288    
                      Old June 16th, 2011 (10:00 AM).
                      phlipn3 phlipn3 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 10
                        i think that i have already told you, but the receiving pokemon events does not work because the sprites and battle crys are messed up, and the pokemon does not evolve (dont know if you made it like that) but its for every pokemon that you receive from people (aka the starters) i think its like a Missingno glitch or something
                        Reply With Quote
                          #289    
                        Old June 16th, 2011 (10:44 PM).
                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                        Memento Mori
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 14,494
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by phlipn3 View Post
                        i think that i have already told you, but the receiving pokemon events does not work because the sprites and battle crys are messed up, and the pokemon does not evolve (dont know if you made it like that) but its for every pokemon that you receive from people (aka the starters) i think its like a Missingno glitch or something
                        Are they Johto and Hoenn ones? If yes then it's just due to the fact that you don't have National Dex.
                        __________________
                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                        Reply With Quote
                          #290    
                        Old June 16th, 2011 (11:14 PM).
                        Nickmonster's Avatar
                        Nickmonster Nickmonster is offline
                        I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
                           
                          Join Date: May 2010
                          Location: USA
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 51
                          I am gonna start playing on Beta 2.1 so I can get ready for 3.1. This looks really nice. Good luck on finishing it.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #291    
                          Old June 17th, 2011 (4:11 AM).
                          Zeikku™'s Avatar
                          Zeikku™ Zeikku™ is offline
                          Johto remaker
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2007
                          Location: London, England
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 1,118
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Lurtzh View Post
                          what about Feraligatr back sprite? you should change it, cus its kinda annoying seeing his butt
                          You see, a lot of people complain about that. But Feraligatr didn't get a change of backsprite. So yeah, the Nintendo-made backsprite will be changed.. I'll see if I can make a custom one.
                          __________________

                          Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #292    
                          Old June 17th, 2011 (10:03 AM).
                          Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
                          Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
                          I support Crystal Dust
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2010
                            Location: West Sacramento, CA
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naughty
                            Posts: 142
                            I still think this thread deserves a nice layout.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #293    
                            Old June 18th, 2011 (6:03 AM).
                            OHM2010's Avatar
                            OHM2010 OHM2010 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2011
                              Location: Michigan
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 22
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                              Are they Johto and Hoenn ones? If yes then it's just due to the fact that you don't have National Dex.
                              So wait. If we have/had the National Dex when we get them, will they work normally?
                              __________________
                              "Stay where you belong... In my memories."
                              Reply With Quote
                                #294    
                              Old June 18th, 2011 (9:44 AM).
                              Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                              Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                              Memento Mori
                              • Gold Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2008
                              Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 14,494
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by OHM2010 View Post
                              So wait. If we have/had the National Dex when we get them, will they work normally?
                              Of course =D Any non-Kanto pokémon evolve once you obtain National Dex =)
                              __________________
                              ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                              Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                              Reply With Quote
                                #295    
                              Old June 18th, 2011 (10:11 AM).
                              jstolze jstolze is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 268
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                Of course =D Any non-Kanto pokémon evolve once you obtain National Dex =)
                                I thought that the evolution error was only the case for fire red/leaf green. I used a save state editor before on Liquid Crystal and I gave myself a Slakoth via the editor, and it evolved without hassle, but when I tried on FR, it didn't work... Also, if anyone happens to want to try the editor, go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249554 (I posted it in the wrong thread, and an admin locked it...) Some of it's in Spanish, but a lot has been translated. It works on all versions of R/S/E/FR/LG. I did not make this just fyi, I used Google to find it.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #296    
                                Old June 18th, 2011 (4:01 PM).
                                OHM2010's Avatar
                                OHM2010 OHM2010 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                                  Location: Michigan
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 22
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                  Of course =D Any non-Kanto pokémon evolve once you obtain National Dex =)
                                  I gotta admit, i feel kinda retarded now. I hadnt even tried to evolve them again after I got the National Dex. *facepalm*
                                  __________________
                                  "Stay where you belong... In my memories."
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #297    
                                  Old June 19th, 2011 (10:14 AM).
                                  linkandzelda's Avatar
                                  linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
                                  n00b desu ka?
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2006
                                    Location: Hastings, England
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Careful
                                    Posts: 775
                                    Well guys, I've tested up til Lavender already which is pretty good. Just wanted to say something about all the old trainer requests.

                                    Lots of people requested to be in victory road, near the league or someplace around there. Well I've decided to place them all over the place otherwise there will be 100 trainers on victory road. Instead i'll just spread them out across all 3 regions to make them more balanced and i'll adjust the levels based on the area i choose (like before). Just saying that the trainers will be there, just not where you wanted them originally.
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #298    
                                    Old June 19th, 2011 (10:29 AM).
                                    monkeyboi's Avatar
                                    monkeyboi monkeyboi is offline
                                    Pokemon hack/game player
                                       
                                      Join Date: May 2008
                                      Posts: 302
                                      Great to hear that the trainers will still be in the game I liked the originality and extra trainers to fight.

                                      Though are you fixing the trainers that were wrong? I remember that a couple of the trainers had the wrong pokemon suggested, like the one I did. Located in the Cinibar volcano was supposed to be a trainer with fire types only however he had 1 fire type and then flying type pokemon. I Think there were others as well just can't remember the specifics.

                                      Can't wait for the new beta, was thrilled that this thing got picked back up.
                                      __________________


                                      -If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

                                      What am I up to currently?
                                      Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #299    
                                      Old June 19th, 2011 (11:23 PM).
                                      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                      Memento Mori
                                      • Gold Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                                      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                      Age: 25
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Calm
                                      Posts: 14,494
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
                                      Just wanted to say something about all the old trainer requests.
                                      I'd like to be there as well if possible =D
                                      __________________
                                      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #300    
                                      Old June 19th, 2011 (11:56 PM).
                                      lukasz_pro's Avatar
                                      lukasz_pro lukasz_pro is offline
                                      Saiyan Prince
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2008
                                        Location: Poland,Gdańsk
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Hardy
                                        Posts: 226
                                        great info here :D
                                        i cant wait 3.1 !!!
                                        i hope it will be ready soon ;]
                                        Reply With Quote
                                        Reply
                                        Quick Reply

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:58 AM.