ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #326    
Old June 24th, 2011 (3:07 AM).
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
n00b desu ka?
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Location: Hastings, England
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 776
    Well, regardless of what Zeikku is doing, I'm quitting LC. Simple as that.

    Hehe I joke I'm not quitting don't worry! Instead I have an update. Kanto part 3 has been tested, and i'm now onto Kanto part 4, which isn't made yet. It will be made then tested and then I can move onto the final touches, then the final test.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #327    
    Old June 24th, 2011 (3:51 AM).
    DVK's Avatar
    DVK DVK is offline
    Hack based-God
       
      Join Date: Jan 2011
      Location: New Zealand
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 146
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
      Well, regardless of what Zeikku is doing, I'm quitting LC. Simple as that.

      Hehe I joke I'm not quitting don't worry! Instead I have an update. Kanto part 3 has been tested, and i'm now onto Kanto part 4, which isn't made yet. It will be made then tested and then I can move onto the final touches, then the final test.
      that's good that your not quitting Link, i'm looking foward to the final Version of this, i have played up until kanto on this and i must admit this is one of my favourite hacks, and no i don't have nostalgia goggles or whatever i actually despise G/S/C anyway good luck and if you ever need help with something hack related other than scripting, give me a message xD

      EDIT: i see that you need a graphic artist i could help you out from monday when i have free time and stuff (And get my computer back) if not aww well good luck anyway.
      __________________
      Completed Challenges!


      Reply With Quote
        #328    
      Old June 24th, 2011 (6:20 AM).
      596745's Avatar
      596745 596745 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Posts: 9
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
        Well, regardless of what Zeikku is doing, I'm quitting LC. Simple as that.

        Dammit, you scared me. Well anyways, looking forward to the beta
        Reply With Quote
          #329    
        Old June 24th, 2011 (10:28 AM). Edited June 24th, 2011 by Varelse.
        Varelse's Avatar
        Varelse Varelse is offline
        Indeed a fan
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 28
          Quick question, I'm playing Beta 2.1, and I just got enough coins to buy a Scyther in the Goldenrod Game corner, but whenever I buy it, it's Swarm, not Technician. Could someone tell me if it's always going to be Swarm or am I just getting unlucky, thanks!
          Reply With Quote
            #330    
          Old June 24th, 2011 (11:02 AM).
          war rock exe's Avatar
          war rock exe war rock exe is offline
          Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
             
            Join Date: Dec 2009
            Location: wouldn't you like to know?
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hardy
            Posts: 817
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
            Quick question, I'm playing Beta 2.1, and I just got enough coins to buy a Scyther in the Goldenrod Game corner, but whenever I buy it, it's Swarm, not Technician. Could someone tell me if it's always going to be Swarm or am I just getting unlucky, thanks!
            well Technician is an ability for 4th gen games meaning it hasn't been invented in FR
            __________________
            POKÈMON COLOSSEUM TRILOGY FOR RMXP!! COMING THIS SUMMER!
            STATUS; BETA 1 70%
            Reply With Quote
              #331    
            Old June 24th, 2011 (12:56 PM).
            Varelse's Avatar
            Varelse Varelse is offline
            Indeed a fan
               
              Join Date: Jun 2011
              Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 28
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by war rock exe View Post
              well Technician is an ability for 4th gen games meaning it hasn't been invented in FR
              Oh lol, didn't know that....Thanks
              Reply With Quote
                #332    
              Old June 24th, 2011 (11:40 PM).
              Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
              Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
              Memento Mori
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Jul 2008
              Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 14,503
              Wow I'm absent for a day and LC is almost over o.O
              Sad to see Zeikku quitting :/ but I believe that LaZ finds someone who can take care of graphic part of hack =)
              __________________
              ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

              Anime List | PSN Trophy List
              Reply With Quote
                #333    
              Old June 26th, 2011 (5:17 AM).
              Tiresiano Tiresiano is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 4
                Until where does this hack go? Seems very good. =)
                Reply With Quote
                  #334    
                Old June 26th, 2011 (2:46 PM).
                AshtonTS's Avatar
                AshtonTS AshtonTS is offline
                Umbreon
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                  Location: CT
                  Age: 20
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Rash
                  Posts: 31
                  Hey, this is a really nice hack. I'd just like to point out the good and bad about this hack.

                  The Bad:
                  Some crappy spritework- all Johto gym leaders so far (bugsy has googly eyes, fail), male trainer battle backsprite, female trainer in general, AXEL battle sprite, and female rocket members

                  A few glitches- I talked to one guy in the rocket hideout in Mohogany town, and the game crashed, and the text is glitchy in some areas.

                  The good-
                  Awesome Pokemon Center,
                  I love the new additions to the original storyline,
                  Awesome stat boxes in battle

                  Hope all this made sense
                  __________________

                  Reply With Quote
                    #335    
                  Old June 27th, 2011 (12:31 AM). Edited June 29th, 2011 by Zeikku™.
                  Zeikku™'s Avatar
                  Zeikku™ Zeikku™ is offline
                  Johto remaker
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                  Location: London, England
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naughty
                  Posts: 1,119
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AshtonTS View Post
                  Hey, this is a really nice hack. I'd just like to point out the good and bad about this hack.

                  The Bad:
                  Some crappy spritework- all Johto gym leaders so far (bugsy has googly eyes, fail), male trainer battle backsprite, female trainer in general, AXEL battle sprite, and female rocket members

                  A few glitches- I talked to one guy in the rocket hideout in Mohogany town, and the game crashed, and the text is glitchy in some areas.

                  The good-
                  Awesome Pokemon Center,
                  I love the new additions to the original storyline,
                  Awesome stat boxes in battle

                  Hope all this made sense
                  I never made any of the sprites you mentioned we just useds other artist's work, so I'll make some custom ones. As for Axel's battle sprite, I strongly agree with you. I always hated Axel's tacky battle sprite (which I never made). However, LaZ did. In the past, I did make an Axel sprite but LaZ chose the current one over this:

                  But LaZ wanted a cape on it. Which I didn't want to do because capes look tacky.
                  __________________

                  Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #336    
                  Old June 27th, 2011 (4:05 AM).
                  AshtonTS's Avatar
                  AshtonTS AshtonTS is offline
                  Umbreon
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                    Location: CT
                    Age: 20
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Rash
                    Posts: 31
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Zeikku™ View Post
                    I never made any of the sprites you mentioned we just users other artist's work, so I'll make some custom ones. As for Axel's battle sprite, I strongly agree with you. I always hated Axel's tacky battle sprite (which I never made). However, LaZ did. In the past, I did make an Axel sprite but LaZ chose the current one over this:

                    But LaZ wanted a cape on it. Which I didn't want to do because capes look tacky.
                    Yeah. I like the one you made much better. It looks more realistic. Anyway, most of the spritework is really, really nice, just not the ones that you didn't make BTW, I really like Clair's sprite, so not ALL the gym leaders are bad
                    This is such a good hack. I can't stop playing it. It's so interesting! Nice work
                    __________________

                    Reply With Quote
                      #337    
                    Old June 27th, 2011 (6:43 AM).
                    SDODC13's Avatar
                    SDODC13 SDODC13 is offline
                    Champion Miki wants to {blank}
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2006
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 123
                      @LaZ Hey I'm glad to see ya back and working on this project. Hope to see some more of the stuff I love from your original beta's.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #338    
                      Old June 27th, 2011 (7:18 AM). Edited June 27th, 2011 by Olivier4444.
                      Olivier4444 Olivier4444 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 2
                        Is this bug fixed in 3.1:
                        If you go inside the burned tower and see suicune etc, the screen freezes.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #339    
                        Old June 27th, 2011 (8:37 AM). Edited June 27th, 2011 by Lugiaz Soul.
                        Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
                        Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
                        I support Crystal Dust
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2010
                          Location: West Sacramento, CA
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 142
                          Is day and night going to be a feature in 3.1? And if it is, are the windows going to be lit at night? Maybe even some lampposts?
                          EDIT: Is it possible for LaZ to send me LC 3.0 because I lost mine. I got it over on thepkmnworld about half a year ago.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #340    
                          Old June 27th, 2011 (1:05 PM). Edited June 29th, 2011 by linkandzelda.
                          linkandzelda's Avatar
                          linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
                          n00b desu ka?
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2006
                            Location: Hastings, England
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 776
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Olivier4444 View Post
                            Is this bug fixed in 3.1:
                            If you go inside the burned tower and see suicune etc, the screen freezes.
                            I will work on that but i never received the bug before, so can not promise it.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
                            Is day and night going to be a feature in 3.1? And if it is, are the windows going to be lit at night? Maybe even some lampposts?
                            EDIT: Is it possible for LaZ to send me LC 3.0 because I lost mine. I got it over on thepkmnworld about half a year ago.
                            Currently the pallets will not change to make things light up at night, however that would be very awesome and i could probably sort something for the next beta. I can't send you the 3.0 again because I don't have that file anymore sorry :(

                            UPDATE: I'm 35% done with kanto part 4, and also I have something special. A friend of mine interviewed me and zeikku about the hack and other things. Here is the link to the promo video he made of liquid crystal beta 3.1 a while back.



                            The link to the mp3 download is in the description of the video. Remember if you liked the video and the interview, then don't forget to subscribe to VK ;)
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #341    
                            Old June 27th, 2011 (5:29 PM).
                            Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
                            Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
                            I support Crystal Dust
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2010
                              Location: West Sacramento, CA
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 142
                              So the release is in the summer? I can't wait! I remember S_Z said something about having animted battle sprites. How come in the video Drowzee didn't move around?
                              Reply With Quote
                                #342    
                              Old June 27th, 2011 (11:13 PM).
                              linkandzelda's Avatar
                              linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
                              n00b desu ka?
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2006
                                Location: Hastings, England
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Careful
                                Posts: 776
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Lugiaz Soul View Post
                                So the release is in the summer? I can't wait! I remember S_Z said something about having animted battle sprites. How come in the video Drowzee didn't move around?
                                There won't be huge graphical changes like that until beta 4.
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #343    
                                Old June 28th, 2011 (8:48 AM). Edited June 28th, 2011 by AshtonTS.
                                AshtonTS's Avatar
                                AshtonTS AshtonTS is offline
                                Umbreon
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                                  Location: CT
                                  Age: 20
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Rash
                                  Posts: 31
                                  Where do you find the Poké Flute? I need to get past Snorlax, but I can't find it

                                  EDIT: Found It! and it's not a flute, it's a guitar!
                                  __________________

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #344    
                                  Old June 29th, 2011 (8:46 AM).
                                  liquidcrystaluser1234 liquidcrystaluser1234 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 52
                                    I'm wondering how to fix the glitch on my VisualBoyAdvance where after I fight my rival and beat him in the Ecruteak Burned Tower, the screen goes black and I can't really anything but restart (or in my case my save slot). Is there a fix to this?

                                    I do have one cheat code on there, the GameShark walk through walls, but it's always been set to disabled.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #345    
                                    Old June 29th, 2011 (2:49 PM).
                                    hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
                                    hi sir tomato my password is syvniti hi sir tomato my password is syvniti is offline
                                    gggggggggggggggggg
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2007
                                      Location: My user name _ asciii_ +&h1!" lulz
                                      Posts: 581
                                      Okay, So I have been doing some asm hacking for LAZ, and just thought I'd show the progress.
                                      Can anyway guess what it is? :p

                                      As you might can see this is far from done....
                                      Just wanted to show how it looks so far.
                                      Ofcause all the graphic will be edited by linkandzelda.
                                      As it is right now, It can't open anything, and can't be closed propperly yet, but I'm working on it :D

                                      well, enjoy!
                                      __________________
                                      THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #346    
                                      Old June 29th, 2011 (4:26 PM).
                                      AshtonTS's Avatar
                                      AshtonTS AshtonTS is offline
                                      Umbreon
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2011
                                        Location: CT
                                        Age: 20
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Rash
                                        Posts: 31
                                        Hey, I got another ?, (hopefully my last one) Where do I get the Exp. Share? I can't find it and I need it badly
                                        __________________

                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #347    
                                        Old June 29th, 2011 (10:53 PM).
                                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                        Memento Mori
                                        • Gold Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 14,503
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by liquidcrystaluser1234 View Post
                                        I'm wondering how to fix the glitch on my VisualBoyAdvance where after I fight my rival and beat him in the Ecruteak Burned Tower, the screen goes black and I can't really anything but restart (or in my case my save slot). Is there a fix to this?
                                        Use speed glitch and after 40 or something seconds black screen will eventually disappear =)
                                        __________________
                                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #348    
                                        Old June 30th, 2011 (5:23 AM).
                                        akibaman's Avatar
                                        akibaman akibaman is offline
                                        I'm discombobulated.
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2010
                                          Location: ...London
                                          Age: 23
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 3
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by AshtonTS View Post
                                          Hey, I got another ?, (hopefully my last one) Where do I get the Exp. Share? I can't find it and I need it badly
                                          Take the Red Scale you got from the red gyarados and give it to Mr.Pokemon (The guy from the beginning with Prof.Oak)
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #349    
                                          Old June 30th, 2011 (8:49 AM).
                                          AshtonTS's Avatar
                                          AshtonTS AshtonTS is offline
                                          Umbreon
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2011
                                            Location: CT
                                            Age: 20
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Rash
                                            Posts: 31
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by akibaman View Post
                                            Take the Red Scale you got from the red gyarados and give it to Mr.Pokemon (The guy from the beginning with Prof.Oak)
                                            Thanks, I remember that from the original G/S/C, but I read somewhere that that wouldn't work in LC so I didn't even bother to try it, but thanks. It worked!
                                            __________________

                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #350    
                                            Old June 30th, 2011 (9:45 AM).
                                            twicezzz twicezzz is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2011
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 3
                                              mhh i play it first time should i play now or wait for 3.1?:/
                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:43 AM.