The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3601    
Old February 15th, 2013 (4:36 AM).
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes Strikes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
Guess in order to get Torchic atm I will need to trade over or use a gameshark then right? Is there a move tutor that teaches Thunderpunch in the game? In Crystal there was at game corner but only on certain days. I am wondering if that is still the case or if there is another move tutor that teaches thundermoves in Liquid Crystal?
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #3602    
Old February 15th, 2013 (9:25 AM).
deadmenskill deadmenskill is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
I'm having a problem and I hope someone here can help me out, I already searched but didn't find the answer I am looking for.
I think I sold my Red Flute is there any way to get it again? Because otherwise I won't be able to catch moltres right?
Reply With Quote
  #3603    
Old February 15th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes Strikes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmenskill View Post
I'm having a problem and I hope someone here can help me out, I already searched but didn't find the answer I am looking for.
I think I sold my Red Flute is there any way to get it again? Because otherwise I won't be able to catch moltres right?
It's a key item. You did not sell it it's impossible since it a keyitem. The game won't let you sell it.
Reply With Quote
  #3604    
Old February 15th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
johnlrc johnlrc is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
hey guys great hack , how is the trading system going ? i recently started playing emerald on my android and i hope i can get my pokemon to liquid crystal if possible, the game is just superb
i am using gameboid

greetings
Reply With Quote
  #3605    
Old February 15th, 2013 (12:58 PM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by helloimalex.
helloimalex helloimalex is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Guess in order to get Torchic atm I will need to trade over or use a gameshark then right? Is there a move tutor that teaches Thunderpunch in the game? In Crystal there was at game corner but only on certain days. I am wondering if that is still the case or if there is another move tutor that teaches thundermoves in Liquid Crystal?
Actually you can buy thunderpunch at the goldenrod gym, Ijust taught it to my typhlosion.(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlrc View Post
hey guys great hack , how is the trading system going ? i recently started playing emerald on my android and i hope i can get my pokemon to liquid crystal if possible, the game is just superb
i am using gameboid

greetings
:o can you explain what you're doing?
__________________
I'll do whatever it takes
To be the mistake
You can't live without
Reply With Quote
  #3606    
Old February 15th, 2013 (1:10 PM).
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes Strikes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
Actually you can buy thunderpunch at the goldenrod gym, Ijust taught it to my typhlosion.(:
Seriously? Thought you needed a move tutor. But you say you bought it at the gym? Sounds interesting. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #3607    
Old February 15th, 2013 (1:12 PM).
deadmenskill deadmenskill is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
It's a key item. You did not sell it it's impossible since it a keyitem. The game won't let you sell it.
It's not in my key items bag, nor are the White, Yellow, Blue flutes. The Red Flute is supposed to be obtained from Axel right? Because Axel isnt my rival anymore (17 badges atm, finished special HQ)
If I'm wrong could anyone please tell me where to get the Red Flute?
Reply With Quote
  #3608    
Old February 15th, 2013 (2:29 PM).
johnlrc johnlrc is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
:o can you explain what you're doing?
nothing special , just installed gameboid , changed the settings to save flash 128K
i had been playing emerald for about a week and i have some decent pokemon and i was hoping i could get them to liquid crystal
Reply With Quote
  #3609    
Old February 15th, 2013 (3:05 PM).
linkofhyrule's Avatar
linkofhyrule linkofhyrule is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11
Has volt tackle been put into this game? Also I read somewhere on here you can catch Larvitar in Mt. Motar? Is this true? I need to know, both are the essential to my prefered party and i do not want to trail all the way thru the game to get larvitar... again
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3610    
Old February 15th, 2013 (3:39 PM).
helloimalex helloimalex is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Seriously? Thought you needed a move tutor. But you say you bought it at the gym? Sounds interesting. Thanks.

I meant the goldenrod mart 5f
__________________
I'll do whatever it takes
To be the mistake
You can't live without
Reply With Quote
  #3611    
Old February 15th, 2013 (3:58 PM).
FIQ FIQ is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmenskill View Post
It's not in my key items bag, nor are the White, Yellow, Blue flutes. The Red Flute is supposed to be obtained from Axel right? Because Axel isnt my rival anymore (17 badges atm, finished special HQ)
If I'm wrong could anyone please tell me where to get the Red Flute?
The flutes are indeed in the normal bag. If you sold your red flute, you're kinda screwed. There used to be a glitch that allowed you to get any item but key items which you could have abused, but that bug is fixed now...
Reply With Quote
  #3612    
Old February 15th, 2013 (4:28 PM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by Strikes.
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes Strikes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
Edit: Nevermind I solved the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3613    
Old February 15th, 2013 (5:53 PM).
jstolze jstolze is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 268
I just encountered an odd glitch. Right before the Rival battle, he ran up as usual, but then paused for a second, and then it said something about "This is to prevent a freeze in a NPC without a script" Then I pressed A on him then he ran IN the trees. So, I did edit the game with YAPE, but I've done it before and didn't experience this weird glitch. This is also the second time I played this version and the last time it didn't do this. Oh and I'm not using any codes at all... The game is fine now, but I hope it doesn't do this again, because next time I might be unlucky and it might stop the game from progressing.
__________________
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!
Reply With Quote
  #3614    
Old February 15th, 2013 (10:31 PM). Edited February 15th, 2013 by XeroNos.
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
Okay well can you tell me HOW I can get them? And I've checked the pokemon location list and it doesn't look like all up to gen 3 are available, unless I'm reading it wrong.
Well one Johto starter is where you choose when you start the hack. Let's say you choose Cyndaquil. Totodile is given to you by an old man in Dark Cave. Through the entrance of Blackthorn city. Chikorita is given to you by an NPC inside Tohjo falls (In the area where you find a Moon Stone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Cool...have you considered writing up a guide to finding the eligible species that don't normally appear in FireRed, in your hack? I'd like to cross a few favorites off my to-catch list, if you could please give some hints.
Check my answer I just made above for your question too.
Reply With Quote
  #3615    
Old February 16th, 2013 (6:09 AM).
kensarcher's Avatar
kensarcher kensarcher is offline
Hack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Metro Manila
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 45
i already have 18 badges all in all but oak didnt gave me anything.. he just usually check my pokedex and saying "i'll give you itemfinder", and how to get to orange island and where can i find the yellow flute?
__________________
________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________
_________________________________________________
I'm a proud Filipino! xD Playing Pokemon since 1st year HS[/sig-reason]
Reply With Quote
  #3616    
Old February 16th, 2013 (8:24 AM).
FIQ FIQ is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
I just encountered an odd glitch. Right before the Rival battle, he ran up as usual, but then paused for a second, and then it said something about "This is to prevent a freeze in a NPC without a script" Then I pressed A on him then he ran IN the trees. So, I did edit the game with YAPE, but I've done it before and didn't experience this weird glitch. This is also the second time I played this version and the last time it didn't do this. Oh and I'm not using any codes at all... The game is fine now, but I hope it doesn't do this again, because next time I might be unlucky and it might stop the game from progressing.
Don't edit the game with YAPE, it does weird stuff to the game.
Reply With Quote
  #3617    
Old February 16th, 2013 (8:32 AM). Edited February 16th, 2013 by Phasm.
Phasm Phasm is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
I started playing this hack in NO$GBA, as the version of VBA necessary for the time/day effects isn't available for MacOSX. It's been working fine, until this morning.

The game itself still plays normally, but attempting to check a Pokemon's summary through the menu causes the screen to go black, like it's transitioning normally, but not come back up. The background music continues to play normally, but pressing B or any of the other buttons appears to do nothing (no beeping when you press it, etc).

Has anyone encountered anything similar? I don't know if this is an issue with the game or the emulator.

Edit: This also occurs when a Pokemon learns a new move and has to forget an older one.
Reply With Quote
  #3618    
Old February 16th, 2013 (2:07 PM).
helloimalex helloimalex is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Posts: 13
Ugh can anyone help me with the code for getting through the goldenrod basement where team rocket is? I've been doing this for hours.
__________________
I'll do whatever it takes
To be the mistake
You can't live without
Reply With Quote
  #3619    
Old February 16th, 2013 (5:40 PM).
egiannis's Avatar
egiannis egiannis is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nafpaktos,Greece
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 12
You put awesome work in this hack congratulations!!I really enjoyed it!
Reply With Quote
  #3620    
Old February 16th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes Strikes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimalex View Post
I meant the goldenrod mart 5f
Nope. Only certain types can learn that one. A move tutor will teach it no matter what.

Anyone know if and/or where there is a move tutor that teaches thunder punch is at? Trying to get my Blaziken to learn it.
Reply With Quote
  #3621    
Old February 17th, 2013 (3:19 AM).
Yoshidraak Yoshidraak is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Nope. Only certain types can learn that one. A move tutor will teach it no matter what.

Anyone know if and/or where there is a move tutor that teaches thunder punch is at? Trying to get my Blaziken to learn it.
There are no move tutors in this game that teach a move which is available through TM's. Just like in any pokemon game.
Reply With Quote
  #3622    
Old February 17th, 2013 (5:23 AM).
Tojo Tojo is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Slovakia
Gender:
Posts: 26
I would like to ask about Beldum´s catchrate, because it was easier to catch Suicune than him
Reply With Quote
  #3623    
Old February 17th, 2013 (6:45 AM).
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes Strikes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshidraak View Post
There are no move tutors in this game that teach a move which is available through TM's. Just like in any pokemon game.
Wrong. Read this to find out more on move tutors http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor
Reply With Quote
  #3624    
Old February 17th, 2013 (8:38 AM).
Yoshidraak Yoshidraak is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
Wrong. Read this to find out more on move tutors
I do not see any Gen 3 move tutor in that list that teaches a move which is also available through TM in the same generation.
Reply With Quote
  #3625    
Old February 17th, 2013 (9:01 AM).
Strikes's Avatar
Strikes Strikes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshidraak View Post
I do not see any Gen 3 move tutor in that list that teaches a move which is also available through TM in the same generation.
That isn't what a move tutor is. It is supposed to teach moves to a pokemon that it cannot normally learn from breeding, on it's own, or from a TM/HM. For example, Combusken cannot learn Thunderpunch from a TM, but a move tutor will be able to teach it Thunderpunch.

I just found out that in pokemon crystal, after you get into the hall of fame an old fella appears in the game corner at Goldenrod city. One of the moves it teaches to your pokemon is thunderpunch. Since this is a direct remake of Crystal he should appear after the league. Part of me hoped he would be there anyway since the people that are supposed to show up on certain days and pokemon that appear at certain times of days show up anytime. I was hoping he would be in the same case. Sadly he was not. So I'll have to wait.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:21 PM.