ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com

Old April 16th, 2012 (9:48 AM).

Nature: Bashful
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
    Just a quick question for anyone.. Where am i supposed to find poliwag..is it available only in day time?
    It's weird that you can't find any because I'm sure I've seen some at several places in the game, starting with route 30. I couldn't tell what time of day you find them, though.

I also have a question : I'm in Essence Town in Valencia Island, and can't seem to find the old woman's blackglasses. She says she's lost them "somewhere around here", but I've looked for them everywhere in the town and on the routes around it using the Itemfinder, and didn't find anything.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 16th, 2012 (9:58 AM).
    n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
      It's weird that you can't find any because I'm sure I've seen some at several places in the game, starting with route 30. I couldn't tell what time of day you find them, though.

I also have a question : I'm in Essence Town in Valencia Island, and can't seem to find the old woman's blackglasses. She says she's lost them "somewhere around here", but I've looked for them everywhere in the town and on the routes around it using the Itemfinder, and didn't find anything.
      Those glasses cannot be found using the Itemfinder. The A button it is... xD
      Old April 16th, 2012 (2:50 PM).
      Known as the Quilava Guy!

I find this unusual that Ralts isn't here, in my last time attempts I tried finding these, I found like 2-3 of them in 30 minutes, now in 2 hours in its new save state, I couldn't find just 1, I'm in Route 31(between Cherrygrove and Violet City) in my new save state, but I just find Poliwag, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, Hoothoot, and Sentret, and I know that Hoenn Pokemon are rare. And like I said in my last 2 posts, why did my game automatically started over in the Live Beta and where could I get Houndour because I need a good Fire Type, sorry if I annoy you, I just wanted help.
        Old April 16th, 2012 (4:43 PM).
        TheArchangle

Well, I'm guessing this is just me, I'm playing the live beta (I think) and it's super broken. All trainer battles except rivals battles don't work. I can walk by them and talk to the trainers and they NEVER work. Then when I get to the top of bellsprout tower(Note none of the trainers battled me their also) or whatever it's called in the first town, my VBA screen went totally red. Could it be my Fire Red rom? I downloaded it from Cool Roms were I get all of my roms, I've played hacks before and this has never happened to me. All help would be appreciated, also I'm on Mac.
          Old April 16th, 2012 (6:41 PM).

Hello! I have to say this is a really good game but I came across a glitch part way into the Goldenrod Team Rocket part. While in the underground place where you use the three switches it isn't working the 1st switch on the far right doesn't say it is going into the on position and the third switch(the far left) goes on. I can't seem to get it to work, any suggestions?
            Old April 16th, 2012 (7:13 PM).
            Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
              Well, I'm guessing this is just me, I'm playing the live beta (I think) and it's super broken. All trainer battles except rivals battles don't work. I can walk by them and talk to the trainers and they NEVER work. Then when I get to the top of bellsprout tower(Note none of the trainers battled me their also) or whatever it's called in the first town, my VBA screen went totally red. Could it be my Fire Red rom? I downloaded it from Cool Roms were I get all of my roms, I've played hacks before and this has never happened to me. All help would be appreciated, also I'm on Mac.
              The Mac version of VBA isn't supported. It's outdated and can't support one of the new hacks applied to LC, a major one as it turns out. We repointed and extended the trainerflags into free memory. However, because of the version of the save block hack we used, only a handful of emulators support it.

We plan to change to the newer version in the next full beta/release candidate. This is the case because changing the save block hack immediately corrupts any existing save game and forces a restart.
              Old April 16th, 2012 (7:31 PM). Edited April 16th, 2012 by drunkenbard16.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but to avoid any trainer bugs in further gameplay I used the reset box in my bedroom. It was the first thing I did after starting a new game. I'm playing it on Gameboid, won 4 badges already and the only bugs i've encountered so far are:

-> 90% of the pokemon in game world are not what the game says they are. This one is pretty funny actually. You enter a house and see a pidgeotto, you speak to it and the game goes "BUTTERFREE:Freeh!" lol
                -> the day care bug. i'm testing the new live beta right now to see if it's fixed. BTW I don't even know if it's possible to reload my save after I patch again. Can I? (I'll probably make backups and do it anyway, so i'll learn that by myself )

Even the legendary dogs event in ecruteak went totally fine. Loving the hack so far.

edit: DAY CARE: no good, unfortunately. Now the old man says "Your BICYCLE's doing fine." LOL and even though it seems I can now put pokemon there, the old lady claims I already have one with them. If I accept it back, nothing happens. But when I check with her again, again she tells me I already have a pokemon there which is a... bad egg. anyway, I didn't try to leave one of my pokemon with them because of the bad egg. Those are evil and scare me to death. I heard my Android phone will explode if I get one.

p.s.: scr** the day care anyway! train the mofos! lol
                Old April 17th, 2012 (1:15 AM).

Nature: Brave
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
                  I find this unusual that Ralts isn't here, in my last time attempts I tried finding these, I found like 2-3 of them in 30 minutes, now in 2 hours in its new save state, I couldn't find just 1, I'm in Route 31(between Cherrygrove and Violet City) in my new save state, but I just find Poliwag, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, Hoothoot, and Sentret, and I know that Hoenn Pokemon are rare. And like I said in my last 2 posts, why did my game automatically started over in the Live Beta and where could I get Houndour because I need a good Fire Type, sorry if I annoy you, I just wanted help.
                  You could try with GROWLITHE. its a decent fire type and is available early in the game..
                  Old April 17th, 2012 (2:40 AM).

How do I get rayquaza now? I've already captured Groudon and Kyogre (like the guide says, but the guide's quite out dated now), but I still get that unending staircase thingy. Do I have to catch articuno/moltres/zapdos first? Or what?
                    Old April 18th, 2012 (6:09 PM).

Ive got a problem can someone help me?
                      1. I have beat the elite four twice and Red at Mt.Silver but oak hasnt given me my pass so when do i get it so i can go the orange islands/
                      2. I am at Dragons Den for the 2nd time where i talked to giovanni and lance so where do i find my rival?
                      Old April 19th, 2012 (12:27 AM).
                      n00b desu ka?

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Wriggled View Post
                        How do I get rayquaza now? I've already captured Groudon and Kyogre (like the guide says, but the guide's quite out dated now), but I still get that unending staircase thingy. Do I have to catch articuno/moltres/zapdos first? Or what?
                        If you go back to where Kyouge used to be, that might help.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by SovietBear65 View Post
                        Ive got a problem can someone help me?
                        1. I have beat the elite four twice and Red at Mt.Silver but oak hasnt given me my pass so when do i get it so i can go the orange islands/
                        2. I am at Dragons Den for the 2nd time where i talked to giovanni and lance so where do i find my rival?
                        Answering 2 will solve 1. So, there's an entrance right where you talk to Gio.
                        Old April 19th, 2012 (1:14 AM).

Hey LaZ, where is Zeikku..? haven't heard from him yet
                          Old April 19th, 2012 (8:28 AM).

Nature: Lonely
                            is rayquaza obtainable? i already have groudon and kyogre i have ruby and sapphire gems but when i go for rayquaza im still running to infinity and beyond.
                            Old April 19th, 2012 (9:17 AM).

hey guys, i'm at kanto, in celadon city, what i have to do next, i earned vermillion gym badge, then defeat saturn team on saffron and earned celadon gym badge, i think i forgot to battle against sabrina, oh, and where is the "elemental hyperbeams" (blast burn, hydro cannon and frenzy plant) tutor?, are hoenn starters aviable?

P.S: after i get to defeat sabrina, what should i do next?, either way, is there any COMPLETE walkthrough of this beta?, i don't care if its on youtube or documents...
                              Old April 20th, 2012 (1:29 AM).

"where Kyogre used to be?" Seriously? I've traipsed ALL around that stinking dungeon and no Rayquaza, no nothing. There was a whole lotta nothing down where Kyogre "used to be".
                                Old April 20th, 2012 (1:54 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
                                  hey guys, i'm at kanto, in celadon city, what i have to do next, i earned vermillion gym badge, then defeat saturn team on saffron and earned celadon gym badge, i think i forgot to battle against sabrina, oh, and where is the "elemental hyperbeams" (blast burn, hydro cannon and frenzy plant) tutor?, are hoenn starters aviable?

P.S: after i get to defeat sabrina, what should i do next?, either way, is there any COMPLETE walkthrough of this beta?, i don't care if its on youtube or documents...
                                  Have you battled Misty in celadon city?
                                  Old April 20th, 2012 (4:06 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Wriggled View Post
                                    "where Kyogre used to be?" Seriously? I've traipsed ALL around that stinking dungeon and no Rayquaza, no nothing. There was a whole lotta nothing down where Kyogre "used to be".
                                    It was months ago when i played LC last time, but im pretty sure Kyogre was in the tunnel which took you to the Orange Islands. I would check that place.
                                    Old April 20th, 2012 (11:08 AM).

Nature: Lonely
                                      and how do u suppose we get down into the tunnel.
                                      Old April 20th, 2012 (11:47 AM).

Quote:
                                        Have you battled Misty in celadon city?
                                        misty in celadon?, seriously?, misty is from cerulean not from celadon, well, if you don't rembember well, that's okay, since i couldn't rembember too, LOL, but right now, i did the following in kanto by now, defeating lt surge and earned his badge, went to saffron, defeated team saturn, then, went to celadon and defeated erika, then went back to saffron and defeated sabrina, then, if you want me to defeat misty, well, laz and zeikku are blocking the path, LOL, and they want me to have the fuchisa gym badge, so, it's fuchisa where i should go next?
                                        Old April 20th, 2012 (7:03 PM).

I have a problem, I can't use rock smash outside of battle, and I need it for the dragons den event, help please
                                          Old April 21st, 2012 (1:41 AM). Edited April 21st, 2012 by XeroNos.

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
                                            misty in celadon?, seriously?, misty is from cerulean not from celadon, well, if you don't rembember well, that's okay, since i couldn't rembember too, LOL, but right now, i did the following in kanto by now, defeating lt surge and earned his badge, went to saffron, defeated team saturn, then, went to celadon and defeated erika, then went back to saffron and defeated sabrina, then, if you want me to defeat misty, well, laz and zeikku are blocking the path, LOL, and they want me to have the fuchisa gym badge, so, it's fuchisa where i should go next?
                                            Sorry i really meant Cerulean but thanks for pointing out.. Now for your problem.. You must go to lavender town and do Zapdos event in the radio tower there and come back...

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by hax999 View Post
                                            I have a problem, I can't use rock smash outside of battle, and I need it for the dragons den event, help please
                                            Have you gotten all the 7th badges before entering Dragon's den?
                                            Old April 21st, 2012 (3:20 AM).

What am I supposed to do after I dealt with team nexus in leaf bay town?
                                              And i also would like to now where to find the blue flute and the legendary birds.
                                              Old April 21st, 2012 (5:38 AM).
                                              PokemonandKookies PokemonandKookies is offline

I have a problem with the game since my VisualBoyAdvance won't let me play the game. It says that the file is unsupported. can anyone help me?? (oh and I have the VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3 if that helps)
                                                Old April 21st, 2012 (8:30 AM).
                                                drunkenbard16 drunkenbard16 is offline

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by PokemonandKookies View Post
                                                  I have a problem with the game since my VisualBoyAdvance won't let me play the game. It says that the file is unsupported. can anyone help me?? (oh and I have the VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3 if that helps)
                                                  Are you doing it right? I mean have you patched a clean fire red rom with the .ips provided here? By your description it seems like you're trying to run the .ips file itself. If that's the case it won't work.
                                                  Old April 21st, 2012 (8:30 AM). Edited April 21st, 2012 by hax999.

Quote:
                                                    Have you gotten all the 7th badges before entering Dragon's den?
                                                    Nevermind, sorry, I forgot to battle Jasmine

Quick Reply