ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2276    
Old April 16th, 2012 (9:48 AM).
Stefke Stefke is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Belgium
    Age: 28
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bashful
    Posts: 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
    Just a quick question for anyone.. Where am i supposed to find poliwag..is it available only in day time?
    It's weird that you can't find any because I'm sure I've seen some at several places in the game, starting with route 30. I couldn't tell what time of day you find them, though.

    I also have a question : I'm in Essence Town in Valencia Island, and can't seem to find the old woman's blackglasses. She says she's lost them "somewhere around here", but I've looked for them everywhere in the town and on the routes around it using the Itemfinder, and didn't find anything.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2277    
    Old April 16th, 2012 (9:58 AM).
    linkandzelda's Avatar
    linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
    n00b desu ka?
       
      Join Date: Dec 2006
      Location: Hastings, England
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 775
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
      It's weird that you can't find any because I'm sure I've seen some at several places in the game, starting with route 30. I couldn't tell what time of day you find them, though.

      I also have a question : I'm in Essence Town in Valencia Island, and can't seem to find the old woman's blackglasses. She says she's lost them "somewhere around here", but I've looked for them everywhere in the town and on the routes around it using the Itemfinder, and didn't find anything.
      Those glasses cannot be found using the Itemfinder. The A button it is... xD
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #2278    
      Old April 16th, 2012 (2:50 PM).
      Volcanix769's Avatar
      Volcanix769 Volcanix769 is offline
      Known as the Quilava Guy!
         
        Join Date: Nov 2011
        Location: NJ in the U.S
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 613
        I find this unusual that Ralts isn't here, in my last time attempts I tried finding these, I found like 2-3 of them in 30 minutes, now in 2 hours in its new save state, I couldn't find just 1, I'm in Route 31(between Cherrygrove and Violet City) in my new save state, but I just find Poliwag, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, Hoothoot, and Sentret, and I know that Hoenn Pokemon are rare. And like I said in my last 2 posts, why did my game automatically started over in the Live Beta and where could I get Houndour because I need a good Fire Type, sorry if I annoy you, I just wanted help.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #2279    
        Old April 16th, 2012 (4:43 PM).
        playplayj's Avatar
        playplayj playplayj is offline
        TheArchangle
           
          Join Date: Feb 2012
          Location: Under your bed
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 87
          Well, I'm guessing this is just me, I'm playing the live beta (I think) and it's super broken. All trainer battles except rivals battles don't work. I can walk by them and talk to the trainers and they NEVER work. Then when I get to the top of bellsprout tower(Note none of the trainers battled me their also) or whatever it's called in the first town, my VBA screen went totally red. Could it be my Fire Red rom? I downloaded it from Cool Roms were I get all of my roms, I've played hacks before and this has never happened to me. All help would be appreciated, also I'm on Mac.
          Reply With Quote
            #2280    
          Old April 16th, 2012 (6:41 PM).
          Alarmingly Bad Alarmingly Bad is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2012
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3
            Hello! I have to say this is a really good game but I came across a glitch part way into the Goldenrod Team Rocket part. While in the underground place where you use the three switches it isn't working the 1st switch on the far right doesn't say it is going into the on position and the third switch(the far left) goes on. I can't seem to get it to work, any suggestions?
            Reply With Quote
              #2281    
            Old April 16th, 2012 (7:13 PM).
            Jambo51's Avatar
            Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
            Glory To Arstotzka
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 732
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
              Well, I'm guessing this is just me, I'm playing the live beta (I think) and it's super broken. All trainer battles except rivals battles don't work. I can walk by them and talk to the trainers and they NEVER work. Then when I get to the top of bellsprout tower(Note none of the trainers battled me their also) or whatever it's called in the first town, my VBA screen went totally red. Could it be my Fire Red rom? I downloaded it from Cool Roms were I get all of my roms, I've played hacks before and this has never happened to me. All help would be appreciated, also I'm on Mac.
              The Mac version of VBA isn't supported. It's outdated and can't support one of the new hacks applied to LC, a major one as it turns out. We repointed and extended the trainerflags into free memory. However, because of the version of the save block hack we used, only a handful of emulators support it.

              We plan to change to the newer version in the next full beta/release candidate. This is the case because changing the save block hack immediately corrupts any existing save game and forces a restart.
              __________________
              Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
              Reply With Quote
                #2282    
              Old April 16th, 2012 (7:31 PM). Edited April 16th, 2012 by drunkenbard16.
              drunkenbard16 drunkenbard16 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 13
                I don't know if it makes any difference, but to avoid any trainer bugs in further gameplay I used the reset box in my bedroom. It was the first thing I did after starting a new game. I'm playing it on Gameboid, won 4 badges already and the only bugs i've encountered so far are:

                -> 90% of the pokemon in game world are not what the game says they are. This one is pretty funny actually. You enter a house and see a pidgeotto, you speak to it and the game goes "BUTTERFREE:Freeh!" lol
                -> the day care bug. i'm testing the new live beta right now to see if it's fixed. BTW I don't even know if it's possible to reload my save after I patch again. Can I? (I'll probably make backups and do it anyway, so i'll learn that by myself )

                Even the legendary dogs event in ecruteak went totally fine. Loving the hack so far.

                edit: DAY CARE: no good, unfortunately. Now the old man says "Your BICYCLE's doing fine." LOL and even though it seems I can now put pokemon there, the old lady claims I already have one with them. If I accept it back, nothing happens. But when I check with her again, again she tells me I already have a pokemon there which is a... bad egg. anyway, I didn't try to leave one of my pokemon with them because of the bad egg. Those are evil and scare me to death. I heard my Android phone will explode if I get one.

                p.s.: scr** the day care anyway! train the mofos! lol
                Reply With Quote
                  #2283    
                Old April 17th, 2012 (1:15 AM).
                XeroNos's Avatar
                XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                  Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                  Age: 28
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 3,015
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
                  I find this unusual that Ralts isn't here, in my last time attempts I tried finding these, I found like 2-3 of them in 30 minutes, now in 2 hours in its new save state, I couldn't find just 1, I'm in Route 31(between Cherrygrove and Violet City) in my new save state, but I just find Poliwag, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, Hoothoot, and Sentret, and I know that Hoenn Pokemon are rare. And like I said in my last 2 posts, why did my game automatically started over in the Live Beta and where could I get Houndour because I need a good Fire Type, sorry if I annoy you, I just wanted help.
                  You could try with GROWLITHE. its a decent fire type and is available early in the game..
                  Reply With Quote
                    #2284    
                  Old April 17th, 2012 (2:40 AM).
                  Wriggled Wriggled is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 8
                    How do I get rayquaza now? I've already captured Groudon and Kyogre (like the guide says, but the guide's quite out dated now), but I still get that unending staircase thingy. Do I have to catch articuno/moltres/zapdos first? Or what?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #2285    
                    Old April 18th, 2012 (6:09 PM).
                    SovietBear65 SovietBear65 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1
                      Ive got a problem can someone help me?
                      1. I have beat the elite four twice and Red at Mt.Silver but oak hasnt given me my pass so when do i get it so i can go the orange islands/
                      2. I am at Dragons Den for the 2nd time where i talked to giovanni and lance so where do i find my rival?
                      Reply With Quote
                        #2286    
                      Old April 19th, 2012 (12:27 AM).
                      linkandzelda's Avatar
                      linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
                      n00b desu ka?
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2006
                        Location: Hastings, England
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Careful
                        Posts: 775
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Wriggled View Post
                        How do I get rayquaza now? I've already captured Groudon and Kyogre (like the guide says, but the guide's quite out dated now), but I still get that unending staircase thingy. Do I have to catch articuno/moltres/zapdos first? Or what?
                        If you go back to where Kyouge used to be, that might help.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by SovietBear65 View Post
                        Ive got a problem can someone help me?
                        1. I have beat the elite four twice and Red at Mt.Silver but oak hasnt given me my pass so when do i get it so i can go the orange islands/
                        2. I am at Dragons Den for the 2nd time where i talked to giovanni and lance so where do i find my rival?
                        Answering 2 will solve 1. So, there's an entrance right where you talk to Gio.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #2287    
                        Old April 19th, 2012 (1:14 AM).
                        XeroNos's Avatar
                        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2011
                          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                          Age: 28
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 3,015
                          Hey LaZ, where is Zeikku..? haven't heard from him yet
                          Reply With Quote
                            #2288    
                          Old April 19th, 2012 (8:28 AM).
                          Icemasters's Avatar
                          Icemasters Icemasters is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2008
                            Location: Wonderland
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lonely
                            Posts: 41
                            is rayquaza obtainable? i already have groudon and kyogre i have ruby and sapphire gems but when i go for rayquaza im still running to infinity and beyond.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #2289    
                            Old April 19th, 2012 (9:17 AM).
                            Gold011 Gold011 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 102
                              hey guys, i'm at kanto, in celadon city, what i have to do next, i earned vermillion gym badge, then defeat saturn team on saffron and earned celadon gym badge, i think i forgot to battle against sabrina, oh, and where is the "elemental hyperbeams" (blast burn, hydro cannon and frenzy plant) tutor?, are hoenn starters aviable?

                              P.S: after i get to defeat sabrina, what should i do next?, either way, is there any COMPLETE walkthrough of this beta?, i don't care if its on youtube or documents...
                              Reply With Quote
                                #2290    
                              Old April 20th, 2012 (1:29 AM).
                              Wriggled Wriggled is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 8
                                "where Kyogre used to be?" Seriously? I've traipsed ALL around that stinking dungeon and no Rayquaza, no nothing. There was a whole lotta nothing down where Kyogre "used to be".
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #2291    
                                Old April 20th, 2012 (1:54 AM).
                                XeroNos's Avatar
                                XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                                  Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                  Age: 28
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Brave
                                  Posts: 3,015
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
                                  hey guys, i'm at kanto, in celadon city, what i have to do next, i earned vermillion gym badge, then defeat saturn team on saffron and earned celadon gym badge, i think i forgot to battle against sabrina, oh, and where is the "elemental hyperbeams" (blast burn, hydro cannon and frenzy plant) tutor?, are hoenn starters aviable?

                                  P.S: after i get to defeat sabrina, what should i do next?, either way, is there any COMPLETE walkthrough of this beta?, i don't care if its on youtube or documents...
                                  Have you battled Misty in celadon city?
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #2292    
                                  Old April 20th, 2012 (4:06 AM).
                                  Eikkatin Eikkatin is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2010
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 25
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Wriggled View Post
                                    "where Kyogre used to be?" Seriously? I've traipsed ALL around that stinking dungeon and no Rayquaza, no nothing. There was a whole lotta nothing down where Kyogre "used to be".
                                    It was months ago when i played LC last time, but im pretty sure Kyogre was in the tunnel which took you to the Orange Islands. I would check that place.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #2293    
                                    Old April 20th, 2012 (11:08 AM).
                                    Icemasters's Avatar
                                    Icemasters Icemasters is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                                      Location: Wonderland
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Lonely
                                      Posts: 41
                                      and how do u suppose we get down into the tunnel.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #2294    
                                      Old April 20th, 2012 (11:47 AM).
                                      Gold011 Gold011 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 102
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                        Have you battled Misty in celadon city?
                                        misty in celadon?, seriously?, misty is from cerulean not from celadon, well, if you don't rembember well, that's okay, since i couldn't rembember too, LOL, but right now, i did the following in kanto by now, defeating lt surge and earned his badge, went to saffron, defeated team saturn, then, went to celadon and defeated erika, then went back to saffron and defeated sabrina, then, if you want me to defeat misty, well, laz and zeikku are blocking the path, LOL, and they want me to have the fuchisa gym badge, so, it's fuchisa where i should go next?
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #2295    
                                        Old April 20th, 2012 (7:03 PM).
                                        hax999 hax999 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2012
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 8
                                          I have a problem, I can't use rock smash outside of battle, and I need it for the dragons den event, help please
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #2296    
                                          Old April 21st, 2012 (1:41 AM). Edited April 21st, 2012 by XeroNos.
                                          XeroNos's Avatar
                                          XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                                            Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                            Age: 28
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Brave
                                            Posts: 3,015
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
                                            misty in celadon?, seriously?, misty is from cerulean not from celadon, well, if you don't rembember well, that's okay, since i couldn't rembember too, LOL, but right now, i did the following in kanto by now, defeating lt surge and earned his badge, went to saffron, defeated team saturn, then, went to celadon and defeated erika, then went back to saffron and defeated sabrina, then, if you want me to defeat misty, well, laz and zeikku are blocking the path, LOL, and they want me to have the fuchisa gym badge, so, it's fuchisa where i should go next?
                                            Sorry i really meant Cerulean but thanks for pointing out.. Now for your problem.. You must go to lavender town and do Zapdos event in the radio tower there and come back...

                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by hax999 View Post
                                            I have a problem, I can't use rock smash outside of battle, and I need it for the dragons den event, help please
                                            Have you gotten all the 7th badges before entering Dragon's den?
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #2297    
                                            Old April 21st, 2012 (3:20 AM).
                                            JayJay95 JayJay95 is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 3
                                              What am I supposed to do after I dealt with team nexus in leaf bay town?
                                              And i also would like to now where to find the blue flute and the legendary birds.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #2298    
                                              Old April 21st, 2012 (5:38 AM).
                                              PokemonandKookies PokemonandKookies is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2012
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 2
                                                I have a problem with the game since my VisualBoyAdvance won't let me play the game. It says that the file is unsupported. can anyone help me?? (oh and I have the VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3 if that helps)
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #2299    
                                                Old April 21st, 2012 (8:30 AM).
                                                drunkenbard16 drunkenbard16 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 13
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by PokemonandKookies View Post
                                                  I have a problem with the game since my VisualBoyAdvance won't let me play the game. It says that the file is unsupported. can anyone help me?? (oh and I have the VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3 if that helps)
                                                  Are you doing it right? I mean have you patched a clean fire red rom with the .ips provided here? By your description it seems like you're trying to run the .ips file itself. If that's the case it won't work.
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #2300    
                                                  Old April 21st, 2012 (8:30 AM). Edited April 21st, 2012 by hax999.
                                                  hax999 hax999 is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Feb 2012
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Posts: 8
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                                    Have you gotten all the 7th badges before entering Dragon's den?
                                                    Nevermind, sorry, I forgot to battle Jasmine
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:01 AM.