ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com

Old May 11th, 2012 (3:12 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris41279 View Post
    Ok, so if Swablu is definitely on Rt 31, do i have to get him out of a tree? Or during a specific time of day? Cause i have ran back and forth through that grass for EONS and beat on them tree's knocking whatever i could out of them just as long almost. And that's even with the Throttle constantly on, so im covering much more ground in less time.
    No, it's not on trees. No, the "different pokemon on different time of day" mechanic is not implemented. It's in the grass. And, in most of the cases, the Hoenn poke are very, VERY hard to get. The only way is to run back and forth and pray to the RNG, that he'll send you a Swablu.

Also, grass, trees, surfing and fishing all use different spawn tables.

Quote:
    EDIT: So would you say then, those 3 pokemon you used are quite a formidable match up against most? I'm a dumby when it comes to type match ups, and any of the advanced strategy stuff (Such as EV training, etc..)
    As I said, I used only 1 Pokemon, the 3 others were HM slaves (used only for Fly, Flash, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Headbutt, Surf, Dive, Whirlpool and Waterfall). I used the second one (Noctowl), in double battles and sometimes to hypnotize legendaries and catch them. I did not use any advanced breeding techniques, PokeRus, effort values, nothing. Just used different attacks to maximize damage against as many types as I could. So Tyranitar had Ice Beam, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Thrash (to not waste PPs of other moves against weak poke).

I only had trouble at the Type Masters gauntlet (because of no level difference), and there I sometimes switched to Noctowl, hypnotized the enemy and Dream Eater'd them.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 11th, 2012 (4:45 PM).

So, any updates on the progress? Like 3.2 or 4.0?
      Old May 11th, 2012 (4:47 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KaneTheFlesheater View Post
        No, it's not on trees. No, the "different pokemon on different time of day" mechanic is not implemented. It's in the grass. And, in most of the cases, the Hoenn poke are very, VERY hard to get. The only way is to run back and forth and pray to the RNG, that he'll send you a Swablu.

Also, grass, trees, surfing and fishing all use different spawn tables.

As I said, I used only 1 Pokemon, the 3 others were HM slaves (used only for Fly, Flash, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Headbutt, Surf, Dive, Whirlpool and Waterfall). I used the second one (Noctowl), in double battles and sometimes to hypnotize legendaries and catch them. I did not use any advanced breeding techniques, PokeRus, effort values, nothing. Just used different attacks to maximize damage against as many types as I could. So Tyranitar had Ice Beam, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Thrash (to not waste PPs of other moves against weak poke).

I only had trouble at the Type Masters gauntlet (because of no level difference), and there I sometimes switched to Noctowl, hypnotized the enemy and Dream Eater'd them.

Thank you very much for the detailed responses! I think i'll give that a try! Are there other good Pokemon to use in this fashion? As 1 man teams?
        Old May 11th, 2012 (11:20 PM).

Nature: Adamant
          I had finish the main story, however, i can still unable to find the zapdos in rock tunnel where it should be there , while the other 2 birds are captured. Is this a glitch,or should i have to finish more of the story?

main story means i had passed over the zane base in orange island.

Btw, is there anyway to awaken the groundon in dragon den? I am unable to figure it out.
          Old May 12th, 2012 (1:17 AM).

Quote:
            Thank you very much for the detailed responses! I think i'll give that a try! Are there other good Pokemon to use in this fashion? As 1 man teams?
            Well, I always use pseudo-legendary pokemon. Always check, with Bulbapedia for instance, what the pokemon is weak to and strong against. To somewhat even things out, I always make the ingame Rival take a poke, that is super effective against mine, like normally (so with Tyranitar, the enemy had Totodile; now I'm playing Expert Emerald with Beldum, the Rival has Torchic. Back in the days, when I did not change the starter, I usually used the fire ones (Charmander, Cyndaquil and Torchic) and still went through the game with only one.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by HongKongBinLaden
            I had finish the main story, however, i can still unable to find the zapdos in rock tunnel where it should be there , while the other 2 birds are captured. Is this a glitch,or should i have to finish more of the story?

main story means i had passed over the zane base in orange island.

Btw, is there anyway to awaken the groundon in dragon den? I am unable to figure it out.
            I, too, did not find Zapdos. About Groudon, You have to find a Ruby.
            Old May 12th, 2012 (1:42 AM).

Quote:

by the way, i have no clue on where the ruby and sapphire is...... Professor oak would not help anywya.......
              Old May 12th, 2012 (1:56 AM).
              Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                I checked the events. Zapdos is in a hidden area of the Power Plant accessible from Rock Tunnel.
                Old May 12th, 2012 (1:59 AM).

I had entered the powerplant, but no zapdos were there thugoh....
                  Old May 12th, 2012 (2:06 AM).

Nature: Brave
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                    Hey guys, just posting to say that there'll be a sneaky nice new addition to LC within the next few days. I won't tell you what it is, but you should spot it pretty quickly once it HAS been inserted.

Also, a reminder not to ask me anything about the events in the game, as I had no part in their creation and as such, have no idea what happens. I haven't even managed to finished the hack yet, myself (due to horrendous luck with the Slowpoke Well bug).

I can help with things which are ASM or engine bugs, or even attempt to track down and fix bugs in scripting, but I know next to nothing about what happens in the game, sadly.
                    Hmmmm wondering what could that be? but does it requires us to start all over?
                    Old May 12th, 2012 (2:22 AM).
                    Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by HongKongBinLaden View Post
                      I had entered the powerplant, but no zapdos were there thugoh....
                      Which part? If you mean the part where you return the Machine Part, then you're in the wrong area. You have to get into the old FR area of the power Plant through a wall which changes in the Rock Tunnel after you set the yellow flute on its pedestal. Or at least, I assume that's how it works.

If you mean you got in there and Zapdos isn't there, then we have an actual flag related bug, and we'll get to work on fixing it.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                      Hmmmm wondering what could that be? but does it requires us to start all over?
                      No. It'll (in fact) slot right in without any notification. I'll leave it up to you guys to work out what it is. I'll tell you when it's been inserted, so you don't start guessing what it is before it's even inserted.
                      Old May 12th, 2012 (3:45 AM).

thanks, jambo51... i am the latter case, amd it should be some even bug indeed......

i am just here to becurious, where can i find the ruby in this liquid crystal, is it plot related?
                        Old May 12th, 2012 (5:17 AM).

Quote:
                          i am just here to becurious, where can i find the ruby in this liquid crystal, is it plot related?
                          Undersea Cavern, You'll have to visit the exact same spot two times to get both the Ruby and Sapphire.

Although I dunno what the Sapphire is for, if You can just catch Kyogre without it...

Also, You don't need the Silver Wing to find and catch Lugia, I went to Whirl Islands right after getting Whirlpool. Did not find Ho-Oh though, or Zapdos in the abandoned PP.
                          Old May 12th, 2012 (5:56 AM).

Ho-oh, you MUST capture all three legendary beasts, and go to Euisine's hometown, celadon city to find him at the pokecenter, then he will run back to tin tower, and you can go for the ho-oh,

i caught all three before the first E4, and no ho-oh though, and you must go to celadon after you catch all three.....

i wanna ask that, is the way getting in undersea cavern is from route 27?
                            I had opned the rom by advanced map, and it got too messy to be understood.....
                            Old May 12th, 2012 (6:50 AM).

Quote:
                              Ho-oh, you MUST capture all three legendary beasts, and go to Euisine's hometown, celadon city to find him at the pokecenter, then he will run back to tin tower, and you can go for the ho-oh,

i caught all three before the first E4, and no ho-oh though, and you must go to celadon after you catch all three.....

i wanna ask that, is the way getting in undersea cavern is from route 27?
                              I had opned the rom by advanced map, and it got too messy to be understood.....
                              So I guess You have to have all 3 legendaries on yourself, not in the PC? I talked to Eusine with them in PC and he only said, that he returned to his hometown for vacation or something. I didn't actually consider talking with him with the beasts on the team would change anything...

I also caught all 3 before E4, they strangely were easy to get.

To get to the Undersea Cavern You can dive anywhere, where a dive spot is (except Lake of Rage), the caverns are all connected. It's very large and hard to keep track of where are you going (unless You use Advance Map, like I did).
                              Old May 12th, 2012 (7:23 AM).

"So I guess You have to have all 3 legendaries on yourself, not in the PC? I talked to Eusine with them in PC and he only said, that he returned to his hometown for vacation or something. I didn't actually consider talking with him with the beasts on the team would change anything..."

i guess, you can take these three with you, AND YOU MUST TALK TO HIM, it is a essential event to fire the trigger..

I am done with my sapphire, however, when i caught both rayquaza and kyogre, i climb the stairs in dragon den, and it is hell long, i can't even get to the point where the dragon resides.........................
                                Old May 12th, 2012 (8:53 AM).

Quote:
                                  "So I guess You have to have all 3 legendaries on yourself, not in the PC? I talked to Eusine with them in PC and he only said, that he returned to his hometown for vacation or something. I didn't actually consider talking with him with the beasts on the team would change anything..."

i guess, you can take these three with you, AND YOU MUST TALK TO HIM, it is a essential event to fire the trigger..

I am done with my sapphire, however, when i caught both rayquaza and kyogre, i climb the stairs in dragon den, and it is hell long, i can't even get to the point where the dragon resides.........................
                                  What? You caught Rayquaza? Where is he?
                                  Old May 12th, 2012 (9:26 AM).

i could NOT, sorry for my mistyping.... i mean i caught both groundon and kyogre........
                                    sorry for that.....

It seems that you could not catch rayquaza either, right?
                                    Old May 12th, 2012 (9:29 AM).

Looks great LinkandZelda!
                                      Might try it soon. Never got to play Crystal. Only played Gold.
                                      Old May 12th, 2012 (9:47 AM).
                                      KaneTheFlesheater KaneTheFlesheater is offline

Quote:
                                        It seems that you could not catch rayquaza either, right?
                                        Yeah, exactly... I dunno what triggers the stairs to stop looping themselves.
                                        Old May 12th, 2012 (10:20 AM).

Quote:
                                          Zapdos is accessible only if you go down all of the ladders in Rock Tunnel.

Also...WHERE IS ARTICUNO!?! I've been looking forever for him and I don't know where to go. I have everyone else except for Rayquaza and Articuno. I placed all of the flutes also.
                                          Old May 12th, 2012 (11:23 AM).
                                          KaneTheFlesheater KaneTheFlesheater is offline

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by nephrael View Post
                                            Zapdos is accessible only if you go down all of the ladders in Rock Tunnel.

Also...WHERE IS ARTICUNO!?! I've been looking forever for him and I don't know where to go. I have everyone else except for Rayquaza and Articuno. I placed all of the flutes also.
                                            Dude, we're saying, that there was no Zapdos in the abandoned, ruined, neglected part of Power Plant, which you reach by going through the Rock Tunnel.

He was supposed to stand by the machine at the end of the maze, like in R/B/Y.

He wasn't there.

Also, Articuno is in Ice Path, not through the land entrance, but the water one.
                                            Old May 12th, 2012 (12:22 PM).

Quote:
                                              Dude, we're saying, that there was no Zapdos in the abandoned, ruined, neglected part of Power Plant, which you reach by going through the Rock Tunnel.

He was supposed to stand by the machine at the end of the maze, like in R/B/Y.

He wasn't there.

Also, Articuno is in Ice Path, not through the land entrance, but the water one.
                                              Hmm. That's where I found Zapdos. Thank you for the Articuno location. I never realized to search in that place.

ARTICUNO LOCATION:

Surf south from the first water location you see east of Cianwood City. There is an opening there.
                                              Old May 13th, 2012 (7:49 AM).

Pretty awesome hack, but I would like to report 2 bad eggs that appeared in my PC. One in box 2 when I was in Cianwood City for the first time, and another invisible one in box 4.
                                                Old May 14th, 2012 (1:28 AM).

Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                                  Update Friends:

Beated earlier Clair with:

Lv 44 Shelgon
                                                  Lv 42 Golem
                                                  Lv 42 Poliwrath
                                                  Lv 44 Meganium
                                                  Lv 43 Alakazam
                                                  Lv 20 Sudowoodo (HM SLAVE)

Currently training at route 26 Traing for the Elites..
                                                  Old May 14th, 2012 (11:22 PM).

Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                                    Just Beaten the ELITES with:

Lv 53 Alakazam
                                                    (Psychic, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch)

Lv 52 Poliwrath
                                                    (Dynamic Punch, Hypnosis, Surf, Body Slam)

Lv 52 Golem
                                                    (Rock Blast, Magnitude, Rollout, Earthquake)

Lv 55 Dragonite
                                                    (Wing Attack, Twister, Extreeme Speed, Thunder)

Lv 53 Slalamence
                                                    (Fly, Fire Blast, Dragon breath, Headbutt)

Lv 50 Meganium
                                                    (Razor Leaf, Light screen, Body Slam, Synthesis)

Quick Reply