• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Out of Poketirement

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
hey guys, I'm new to the site and I'm posting my first competitive team for a while. I haven't played since like 8th grade, but I figured I should post on this forum to learn some new metagame changes and also to get some advice on how to improve the team. It's a sandstorm team, and I could use some comments and criticism. Thanks!

Mamoswine: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
@Focus Sash
Jolly
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor

Metagross; 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
@Choice Band
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Zen Headbutt

Hippowdon: 174 hp, 84 Def, 248 SpD
@Leftovers
-Stockpile
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
-Substitute

Empoleon: 252 Spl Atk, 113 Spl Def, 145 Def
Modest
@Life Orb
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Agility

Forrtress: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spl Def
Sassy
@Shed Shell
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Sandstorm
-Explosion

Bronzong: 80 Atk, HP 172, 129 Def, 129 Spl Def
Brave
@ Macho Brace
-Trick Room
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion
-Hypnosis

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Forretress: You're (almost) complete Taunt bait, so I'd replace Sandstorm with Earthquake or Gyro Ball. Hippowdon already gets your Sandstorm going.

Bronzong: I know the merits of Macho Brace, but I think it really needs Leftovers recovery (unless you're going with item clause)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Maybe instead of Macho Brace, you could use a Laggy Tail.
They do completely different things. The Lagging Tail only makes the user always go last. The Macho Brace simply cuts your Speed, increasing Bronzong's Gyro Ball's power against faster opponents.

Back