Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #3326    
Old October 1st, 2011 (6:47 PM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
Nyeh?
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 12,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
If no one knows, my theory then is he'll have a purpose in a promotion to be revealed later. Either that or he does super Pokemon voice impressions. (not sure which Pokemon sound he's making, though)

New question: when breeding, at what time is the gender of your egg Pokemon determined? When you drop your parent Pokemon at the daycare? When you're given the egg? Or is it only determined right when the egg hatches?
The gender of the Pokemon is determined when you take the egg as well as its nature, ability and IVs.
__________________


Relevant Advertising!

  #3327    
Old October 1st, 2011 (8:35 PM).
Jeikobu's Avatar
Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
God's beloved child
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: In God's timing, Japan!
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 474
    So it's determined only when I actually accept the egg from the man, not when he calls me over?

    Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?
    __________________
    "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


    Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

    Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
      #3328    
    Old October 1st, 2011 (8:42 PM).
    Oryx's Avatar
    Oryx Oryx is offline
    CoquettishCat
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 13,204
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    So it's determined only when I actually accept the egg from the man, not when he calls me over?

    Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?
    When the battle ends, you just take it off of them by selecting them and choosing to take it off as if you had given them the item to begin with. No special moves required.
    __________________


    Theme * Pair * VM * PM

    Not all men...

    Are all men stupid?

    That's right.

      #3329    
    Old October 2nd, 2011 (5:44 PM).
    Sydian's Avatar
    Sydian Sydian is offline
    rob the rich !
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Alabama
    Age: 25
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 32,177
    It's 20:42 and my Eevee is still trying to evolve into Espeon. Either I have my Umbre/Espe times wrong, or this is a problem with my clock. The most I've done to my clock is fix it because it was an hour off from my actual time. So I can't imagine any other problem it could be, unless Umbreon is obtainable at 9 PM/21:00 and later.
    __________________

    ≫ take your heart !
    challenges | klippy
      #3330    
    Old October 2nd, 2011 (5:48 PM).
    Oryx's Avatar
    Oryx Oryx is offline
    CoquettishCat
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 13,204
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
    It's 20:42 and my Eevee is still trying to evolve into Espeon. Either I have my Umbre/Espe times wrong, or this is a problem with my clock. The most I've done to my clock is fix it because it was an hour off from my actual time. So I can't imagine any other problem it could be, unless Umbreon is obtainable at 9 PM/21:00 and later.
    It's summer rn in B/W, right? Day lasts an hour longer in summer, so it's probably just not night yet in your game.
    __________________


    Theme * Pair * VM * PM

    Not all men...

    Are all men stupid?

    That's right.

      #3331    
    Old October 2nd, 2011 (5:49 PM).
    vaporeon7's Avatar
    vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
    My life would suck without you
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 5,154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
    It's 20:42 and my Eevee is still trying to evolve into Espeon. Either I have my Umbre/Espe times wrong, or this is a problem with my clock. The most I've done to my clock is fix it because it was an hour off from my actual time. So I can't imagine any other problem it could be, unless Umbreon is obtainable at 9 PM/21:00 and later.
    If it's summer in your game, night begins at 9PM.

    Season Morning Day Evening Night
    Spring 05:00-09:59 10:00-16:59 17:00-19:59 20:00-04:59
    Summer 04:00-08:59 09:00-18:59 19:00-20:59 21:00-03:59
    Autumn 05:00-09:59 10:00-16:59 17:00-19:59 20:00-04:59
    Winter 07:00-10:59 11:00-15:59 16:00-18:59 19:00-06:59
    __________________
      #3332    
    Old October 2nd, 2011 (10:31 PM).
    Jeikobu's Avatar
    Jeikobu Jeikobu is offline
    God's beloved child
       
      Join Date: Sep 2003
      Location: In God's timing, Japan!
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 474
      I'm trying to breed a male Zoroark with a Metamon ("Ditto") and I want a female. After about six tries, I keep getting male (I saved before getting the egg so I know I haven't saved after the stats have been predetermined). I want a female. I know Zorua tends to be female only about 15% of the time for my memory (according to Bulbapedia). What I just thought of now though was, since I'm not breeding with a female Zoroark, do I still even have a chance of getting a female at all? Although, looking at Bulbapedia, breeding a male Nidoran with a Metamon will still offer a chance at a female Nidoran, so does that mean I still have a shot at a female Zorua?
      __________________
      "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


      Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

      Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
        #3333    
      Old October 2nd, 2011 (10:33 PM).
      vaporeon7's Avatar
      vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 5,154
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
      I'm trying to breed a male Zoroark with a Metamon ("Ditto") and I want a female. After about six tries, I keep getting male (I saved before getting the egg so I know I haven't saved after the stats have been predetermined). I want a female. I know Zorua tends to be female only about 15% of the time for my memory (according to Bulbapedia). What I just thought of now though was, since I'm not breeding with a female Zoroark, do I still even have a chance of getting a female at all? Although, looking at Bulbapedia, breeding a male Nidoran with a Metamon will still offer a chance at a female Nidoran, so does that mean I still have a shot at a female Zorua?
      Breeding a male Zoroark and Ditto will have a 12.5% chance of producing a female Zorua egg. Just keep trying.
      __________________
        #3334    
      Old October 3rd, 2011 (12:07 AM).
      brad08's Avatar
      brad08 brad08 is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 48
        Were can I get a ditto in the unova region.
          #3335    
        Old October 3rd, 2011 (12:10 AM).
        Forever's Avatar
        Forever Forever is offline
        • Moderator
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Nov 2005
        Location: Queensland
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 35,673
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by brad08 View Post
        Were can I get a ditto in the unova region.
        At the back of the giant chasm. They'll be around level 50, so fly to Lacunosa Town, then head right and walk through the opening to find the cave. When you get to the middle of the cave you'll see an opening to the back of the cave which is where you can find Ditto. :)
        __________________


        Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
        You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
        A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

          #3336    
        Old October 3rd, 2011 (9:43 PM).
        R3b1rth's Avatar
        R3b1rth R3b1rth is offline
        Meh
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Location: north of the u.s. west of japan east of Britain where am I?
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Rash
          Posts: 19
          Why can't i trade event pokemon like i tried giving my buddy my event victini so he could fill his dex and it said i couldn't trade it so i tried giving him my toys r us zoroark and it said the same thing then we tried my shaymin from platinum and its still wouldn't work... any thoughts why?
          __________________
          3ds fc:1736 0228 9291
          PM me to battle or trade!
            #3337    
          Old October 3rd, 2011 (10:34 PM).
          vaporeon7's Avatar
          vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
          My life would suck without you
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 5,154
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by R3b1rth View Post
          Why can't i trade event pokemon like i tried giving my buddy my event victini so he could fill his dex and it said i couldn't trade it so i tried giving him my toys r us zoroark and it said the same thing then we tried my shaymin from platinum and its still wouldn't work... any thoughts why?
          None of these events can be shared. The only event that has ever been able to be shared is the Secret Key in Platinum, and only in Japan.
          __________________
            #3338    
          Old October 4th, 2011 (5:03 AM).
          Krytoko Krytoko is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 11
            Say I wanted to borrow someone's Event Celebi for a few minutes so that I could get Zorua, Would my game allow me to trade over a Celebi that early in the game? I want to do it as soon as I can get to that City.
              #3339    
            Old October 4th, 2011 (5:15 AM).
            vaporeon7's Avatar
            vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
            My life would suck without you
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 5,154
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Krytoko View Post
            Say I wanted to borrow someone's Event Celebi for a few minutes so that I could get Zorua, Would my game allow me to trade over a Celebi that early in the game? I want to do it as soon as I can get to that City.
            Yep, it should let you. Celebi will just have ??? as it's Pokedex number.
            __________________
              #3340    
            Old October 4th, 2011 (11:03 AM).
            R3b1rth's Avatar
            R3b1rth R3b1rth is offline
            Meh
               
              Join Date: Jun 2011
              Location: north of the u.s. west of japan east of Britain where am I?
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Rash
              Posts: 19
              so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?
              __________________
              3ds fc:1736 0228 9291
              PM me to battle or trade!
                #3341    
              Old October 4th, 2011 (2:16 PM).
              sherreamethyst's Avatar
              sherreamethyst sherreamethyst is offline
              Dragonite's Momma
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2011
                Location: In the land of Hyrule...
                Age: 22
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 403
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by R3b1rth View Post
                so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?
                So Pokerus is definitley not making it impossible to calculate yur IVs. And, it's pretty amazing how yu were able to get Pokerus without ever hacking, it's very rare to catch, so yur very lucky!! Anyways, I don't know much about calculating IV's, but heres a link that might help yu: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
                __________________
                  #3342    
                Old October 4th, 2011 (11:41 PM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
                PelipperMail PelipperMail is offline
                Banned
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2011
                  Location: South Australia
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 191
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
                  Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?
                  When the battle ends, you just take it off of them by selecting them and choosing to take it off as if you had given them the item to begin with. No special moves required.
                  I'm not sure that was the answer that they were looking for... I think they misinterpreted what the ability actually does.

                  If you want the items that a Pokemon with Pickup can... pick up, then you must catch a Pokemon with the Pickup ability and keep them in your party. After every battle, there is a chance that the Pokemon with Pickup has picked up an item. You can simply take it off them as you normally would.
                    #3343    
                  Old October 4th, 2011 (11:47 PM).
                  brad08's Avatar
                  brad08 brad08 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 48
                    Can I import pokemon from d/p and hg/ss? Even legendarys?

                    Which starters would be best in pokemon white and can you name the pros and cons of each one?
                      #3344    
                    Old October 5th, 2011 (12:14 AM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
                    PelipperMail PelipperMail is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2011
                      Location: South Australia
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 191
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by brad08 View Post
                      Can I import pokemon from d/p and hg/ss? Even legendarys?
                      You can transfer them, using the Poké Transfer located in the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15, once you have defeated the Elite 4.

                      The Poké Transfer is a feature that allows Pokémon from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver to be transferred to Pokémon Black and White, similar to Generation Pal Park.


                      You will need two Nintendo DS (lite, DSi, XL, 3DS) to do this transfer.



                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by brad08 View Post
                      Which starters would be best in pokemon white and can you name the pros and cons of each one?
                      It doesn't really matter what starter you use, there are plenty of other Pokemon to catch and train while you're on your journey. Here's what I think of them, however:

                      Snivy is the type starter. He evolves into Serperior.

                      Snivy has quite balanced stats, and has quite a decent movepool in the metagame (online play). A lot of the moves he learns are grass type and don't cover many other Pokemon. In game, unless you really like the design, I wouldn't choose him as there are plenty of other grass types that can take his place, such as Sewaddle, Petilil, or Cottonee

                      Tepig
                      is the type starter. He evolves into the Emboar.

                      Blessed with a vast movepool, Tepig is very good to use in-game. Make sure you teach him a variety of moves, to make the most out of him. His downfall is that he has quite frail defenses, and a hindering speed stat as well, so other Pokemon can take him down quite easily. On top of this, his extra typing gives him extra weaknesses - of flying and psychic - although it cancels out one weakness - rock.

                      Oshawott
                      is the type starter. He evolves into Samurott.

                      Oshawott and his evolutions, like Tepig's, are blessed with a good movepool. In my opinion, Samurott has the most balanced stats of all of the starter's final evolutions, and is probably the most useful in-game. The downfall of Oshawott is that although good, his special defense and speed are quite low. Luckily his HP stat is quite big, to make up for this.

                      No matter what you choose, make sure you catch at least a few other Pokemon of different types to help you along your way!

                      Good luck.
                        #3345    
                      Old October 5th, 2011 (12:32 AM). Edited October 5th, 2011 by brad08.
                      brad08's Avatar
                      brad08 brad08 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 48
                        Cheers for that information

                        When can I use the global WiFi thing?

                        Cheers for that information

                        When can I use the global WiFi thing?
                          #3346    
                        Old October 5th, 2011 (12:38 AM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by PelipperMail.
                        PelipperMail PelipperMail is offline
                        Banned
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2011
                          Location: South Australia
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 191
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by brad08 View Post
                          Cheers for that information

                          When can I use the global WiFi thing?

                          Once you have defeated the first Gym leader, and done the short mission after that, you will receive the C-Gear. With this, you will be able to use "the global WiFi thing"
                            #3347    
                          Old October 5th, 2011 (1:14 AM).
                          Ciax's Avatar
                          Ciax Ciax is offline
                          Ledian Used Starlight!
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2011
                            Location: Australia
                            Age: 20
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Sassy
                            Posts: 546
                            Can I get into the desert on route 4 before beating Burgh, I cant remeber and dont want to play thorugh just to see if I can?
                            __________________
                            Twinkle Twinkle
                            Little Star
                            How I Wonder What You Are
                              #3348    
                            Old October 5th, 2011 (1:15 AM).
                            PlatinumDude's Avatar
                            PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                            Nyeh?
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                            Location: Canada
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 12,897
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ciax View Post
                            Can I get into the desert on route 4 before beating Burgh, I cant remeber and dont want to play thorugh just to see if I can?
                            You can still access Route 4 before you beat Burgh, but you won't be able to proceed until you beat him because a worker is blocking the way.
                            __________________

                              #3349    
                            Old October 5th, 2011 (9:19 AM).
                            Zoroark The Illusionist's Avatar
                            Zoroark The Illusionist Zoroark The Illusionist is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 38
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by R3b1rth View Post
                              so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?
                              I've had this problem myself, It will say it's an invalid stat because the stats you put in also include stats added from EV's
                              __________________
                                #3350    
                              Old October 5th, 2011 (2:33 PM).
                              Ciax's Avatar
                              Ciax Ciax is offline
                              Ledian Used Starlight!
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2011
                                Location: Australia
                                Age: 20
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Sassy
                                Posts: 546
                                so I can get into route 4 but not to desert resort?
                                __________________
                                Twinkle Twinkle
                                Little Star
                                How I Wonder What You Are
                                Closed Thread

                                Quick Reply

                                Join the conversation!

                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:46 PM.