Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #626    
Old March 21st, 2011 (1:08 PM).
AyameHikaru's Avatar
AyameHikaru AyameHikaru is offline
Beauty Queen
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 141
    @Kendosis: No, you don't. It just has a 100% catch rate, and I'm not sure about the other balls.

    @DarkVhozon: Look about 3 posts up and you'll see....
    __________________
    ~When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.~
    LOOKING FOR A DISGAEA FAN/SPRITER FOR A CROSSOVER GAME!
    Current Challenges:
    Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
    Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
    Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
    Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges

    Relevant Advertising!

      #627    
    Old March 21st, 2011 (1:17 PM).
    Justin T's Avatar
    Justin T Justin T is offline
    Hydro Action
       
      Join Date: Jan 2007
      Location: Hoenn
      Age: 27
      Gender:
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 333
      Do you need Victini for the the game to say you've completed the Unova Dex?
      __________________
      Wins: 4 Losses: 7
      Diamond FC: 0774 1010 8828
      Platinum FC: 4683 9796 4452
      Black FC: 2752 0519 8010
      Battle Revolution FC: 1676 6613 1963
      Trainer Name: Lukas

      Banner made by RainbowIslands of Serebiiforums
        #628    
      Old March 21st, 2011 (1:19 PM).
      Sasuke.'s Avatar
      Sasuke. Sasuke. is offline
      Hope | Less
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Bellchime Trail
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 525
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Justin T View Post
      Do you need Victini for the the game to say you've completed the Unova Dex?
      Yeah. You need him to complete it.
      __________________

      [B]Playing: Pokemon Black 2
      "My vision is to change the world, without using force.
      "

        #629    
      Old March 21st, 2011 (1:39 PM).
      Ciaran Ciaran is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 19
        Do you fight previous gym leaders in this game.. or is it like gold and silver and crystal where you get 16 badges?
          #630    
        Old March 21st, 2011 (1:42 PM).
        Oryx's Avatar
        Oryx Oryx is offline
        CoquettishCat
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 13,204
        There are eight badges and an Elite Four. There's only one region, no previous gym leaders, it's all new. Does that answer your question?
          #631    
        Old March 21st, 2011 (1:54 PM).
        Wyatt999's Avatar
        Wyatt999 Wyatt999 is offline
        Eevee Collector
           
          Join Date: Sep 2008
          Location: USA New York
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 9
          Actually, If you go to the second floor of the Pokemon Center, and talk to the girl by the Geonet globe, the GTS is in there.
          __________________


          Pokemon White FC: 3739 8841 2119 (Wyatt)

          --(\ /)
          --( . .)
          -C(")(")

          My Pokemon White Starter:

          POKABU!!!
            #632    
          Old March 21st, 2011 (2:10 PM). Edited March 21st, 2011 by Prometheus_.
          Prometheus_'s Avatar
          Prometheus_ Prometheus_ is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: Florida
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 19
            I talked to the guy in the Battle Subway, and he said...
            "I would say the best potential lies in its HP. I see. Its Defense stat is also good. It can't be better in that regard."
            Does this mean my pokemon has a 31IV in defense and hp?

            Edit: Found out. Answer was yes.
              #633    
            Old March 21st, 2011 (2:26 PM).
            Neiko Star's Avatar
            Neiko Star Neiko Star is offline
            Dancing rain
               
              Join Date: Nov 2008
              Nature: Impish
              Posts: 1,167
              Um...I arrived in Black City, but...there's no one there. O.o
                #634    
              Old March 21st, 2011 (3:29 PM).
              |Torch|'s Avatar
              |Torch| |Torch| is offline
              Fire Trainer!
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2011
                Location: California
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 32
                Um.. is there a video forum here that we can post on?.. for pokemon black and white? Just to share videos.. I don't want to be posting in the wrong place you know?
                __________________
                  #635    
                Old March 21st, 2011 (3:32 PM).
                Kenshin5's Avatar
                Kenshin5 Kenshin5 is offline
                Wanderer
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Oklahoma
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Mild
                Posts: 4,391
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
                Um...I arrived in Black City, but...there's no one there. O.o
                "The appearance of Black City varies with the number of characters residing there. When the player enters the city for the very first time, the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to reach Black City. The number of residents can vary between 12 (minimum occupancy) and 45 (maximum occupancy)"
                I don't know how much this helps.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by |Torch| View Post
                Um.. is there a video forum here that we can post on?.. for pokemon black and white? Just to share videos..
                http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210
                There is a Lets Play Forum here^
                __________________

                Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

                  #636    
                Old March 21st, 2011 (4:04 PM).
                Neiko Star's Avatar
                Neiko Star Neiko Star is offline
                Dancing rain
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                  Nature: Impish
                  Posts: 1,167
                  ...there's absolutely NO one here. It's empty. D:

                  And where can I find the TM Flamethrower?
                    #637    
                  Old March 21st, 2011 (4:09 PM).
                  Kenshin5's Avatar
                  Kenshin5 Kenshin5 is offline
                  Wanderer
                  • Platinum Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: Oklahoma
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Mild
                  Posts: 4,391
                  Flamethrower is located at Abundant Shrine.
                  __________________

                  Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

                    #638    
                  Old March 21st, 2011 (4:09 PM).
                  Raichupacabra Raichupacabra is offline
                  Villain
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                    Location: Antelope Valley, CA
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 565
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
                    ...there's absolutely NO one here. It's empty. D:

                    And where can I find the TM Flamethrower?
                    Its at the Abundant Shrine along with Trick Room.
                      #639    
                    Old March 21st, 2011 (4:25 PM).
                    Elric of Grans's Avatar
                    Elric of Grans Elric of Grans is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 19
                      When I first started Black I thought it seemed more balanced and less difficult than other generations, but things have slowly shifted as I have progressed and I now find myself hitting a wall. Part of this is simple frustration at the encounter rate. I am sick of fighting every two-to-three squares (sometimes twice on the same square), and Repels are a waste of highly-limited-cash (with no VS Seeker) when you are going to face a trainer in 10 steps. Part of it, however, just seems inexplicable. Basically, almost every Pokemon I have seems utterly and completely useless. I have tried to grind them, but they either need to be rushed to a PokeCenter after the first battle, or they do not live that long even. What is really absurd is that I am making sure to stick with type-advantage against Pokemon of the same level. Grass Pokemon are being pummelled by Water or Ground Pokemon, for example (eg a same-level Pansage was one-shotted by Basculin with a Water-type attack earlier today). Because of this, I gave up trying and keep having the rely on the same few Pokemon. As such, I have completed the sixth gym and have three Pokemon nearing level 40, two around level 30. Pretty well everything else is around levels 15-20, with a couple captured in the mid-20s and not moving (eg Joltik). Even with these `powerful' options, I am constantly seeing absurd scenarios. Earlier today, my level 37 Samurott (Surf/Megahorn/Revenge) went from full health to fainting against a level 34 Bouldor! Even when this does not happen, with so few viable options, and so many battles, I run out of PP before I get anywhere and find myself constantly using Repels and running back to PokeCenters, adding to the frustration. I was really enjoying the game before, so I want to get over this hurdle and continue on my way. Now, plenty of people have finished the game, so obviously the problem is with me, not the game. The only Pokemon I feel I can rely on are Samurott, Zebstrika and Sawk, and I am not able to trade with anyone (so no Conkeldurr, or non-Unova/non-Black Pokemon). I suspect I need to find somewhere I can sit down and grind with the Exp. Share until my other Pokemon hit level 30-35 and become capable of contributing, or somewhere lower-level where I can have these Pokemon fight for themselves. Where would be the best place to do this, and which Pokemon are actually worth the effort (since all of them currently seem useless)?
                        #640    
                      Old March 21st, 2011 (4:31 PM).
                      Forever's Avatar
                      Forever Forever is online now
                      SACRED FIRE
                      • Moderator
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2005
                      Location: Queensland
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 35,309
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Elric of Grans View Post
                      When I first started Black I thought it seemed more balanced and less difficult than other generations, but things have slowly shifted as I have progressed and I now find myself hitting a wall. Part of this is simple frustration at the encounter rate. I am sick of fighting every two-to-three squares (sometimes twice on the same square), and Repels are a waste of highly-limited-cash (with no VS Seeker) when you are going to face a trainer in 10 steps. Part of it, however, just seems inexplicable. Basically, almost every Pokemon I have seems utterly and completely useless. I have tried to grind them, but they either need to be rushed to a PokeCenter after the first battle, or they do not live that long even. What is really absurd is that I am making sure to stick with type-advantage against Pokemon of the same level. Grass Pokemon are being pummelled by Water or Ground Pokemon, for example (eg a same-level Pansage was one-shotted by Basculin with a Water-type attack earlier today). Because of this, I gave up trying and keep having the rely on the same few Pokemon. As such, I have completed the sixth gym and have three Pokemon nearing level 40, two around level 30. Pretty well everything else is around levels 15-20, with a couple captured in the mid-20s and not moving (eg Joltik). Even with these `powerful' options, I am constantly seeing absurd scenarios. Earlier today, my level 37 Samurott (Surf/Megahorn/Revenge) went from full health to fainting against a level 34 Bouldor! Even when this does not happen, with so few viable options, and so many battles, I run out of PP before I get anywhere and find myself constantly using Repels and running back to PokeCenters, adding to the frustration. I was really enjoying the game before, so I want to get over this hurdle and continue on my way. Now, plenty of people have finished the game, so obviously the problem is with me, not the game. The only Pokemon I feel I can rely on are Samurott, Zebstrika and Sawk, and I am not able to trade with anyone (so no Conkeldurr, or non-Unova/non-Black Pokemon). I suspect I need to find somewhere I can sit down and grind with the Exp. Share until my other Pokemon hit level 30-35 and become capable of contributing, or somewhere lower-level where I can have these Pokemon fight for themselves. Where would be the best place to do this, and which Pokemon are actually worth the effort (since all of them currently seem useless)?
                      Considering your amount of badges, Twist Mountain is probably the best place to train at, considering you have a Samurott, which should be able to stand up to the Pokemon there. Though when it comes to lower level Pokemon, most of the time I go to Route 3 to train them up, since you can find Pokemon around 15 or so, as well as Audinos, and some strong fighting types who give somewhat good exp.

                      Merged with Simple Questions anyway for more input.
                      __________________

                      Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                      moderator of the following games
                      [ ]
                        #641    
                      Old March 21st, 2011 (4:35 PM).
                      Neiko Star's Avatar
                      Neiko Star Neiko Star is offline
                      Dancing rain
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2008
                        Nature: Impish
                        Posts: 1,167
                        Argh...I really don't get it. I looked it up online and apparently the number of trainers at Black City depends on the amount of time it took you to reach it...does this mean my game time? The city is COMPLETELY empty for me. There's absolutely nobody here. ; u ;
                          #642    
                        Old March 21st, 2011 (4:37 PM).
                        Forever's Avatar
                        Forever Forever is online now
                        SACRED FIRE
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2005
                        Location: Queensland
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 35,309
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
                        Argh...I really don't get it. I looked it up online and apparently the number of trainers at Black City depends on the amount of time it took you to reach it...does this mean my game time? The city is COMPLETELY empty for me. There's absolutely nobody here. ; u ;
                        If you use Extralink (that feature I think it was) with someone who has the opposite to you - so if you have Black, and the other has White, then you can fill it up again with trainers. :)
                        __________________

                        Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                        moderator of the following games
                        [ ]
                          #643    
                        Old March 21st, 2011 (4:40 PM).
                        Neiko Star's Avatar
                        Neiko Star Neiko Star is offline
                        Dancing rain
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2008
                          Nature: Impish
                          Posts: 1,167
                          How does the Entralink work? Sorry for all my questions. :/ But I'm sure zero trainers isn't normal. I know that with the Entralink you can add more trainers, but I had none to begin with...
                            #644    
                          Old March 21st, 2011 (4:42 PM).
                          Sasuke.'s Avatar
                          Sasuke. Sasuke. is offline
                          Hope | Less
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Location: Bellchime Trail
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 525
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
                          How does the Entralink work? Sorry for all my questions. :/ But I'm sure zero trainers isn't normal. I know that with the Entralink you can add more trainers, but I had none to begin with...
                          Entralink you have to know someone with B/W that is physically near you. Then you use wireless to do little "missions" with the person. Honestly my black city filled up with 10 trainers when I did a trade with my Japanese White.
                          __________________

                          [B]Playing: Pokemon Black 2
                          "My vision is to change the world, without using force.
                          "

                            #645    
                          Old March 21st, 2011 (4:43 PM).
                          Neiko Star's Avatar
                          Neiko Star Neiko Star is offline
                          Dancing rain
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2008
                            Nature: Impish
                            Posts: 1,167
                            But apparently you can't add more than 10 or so trainers. :/
                              #646    
                            Old March 21st, 2011 (4:46 PM).
                            fire woven's Avatar
                            fire woven fire woven is offline
                            Erif Nevow, my RP name
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2009
                              Location: Pasadena MD
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Serious
                              Posts: 136
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
                              How does the Entralink work? Sorry for all my questions. :/ But I'm sure zero trainers isn't normal. I know that with the Entralink you can add more trainers, but I had none to begin with...
                              Supposedly messing with the clock removes the traners from there.

                              Entralink works by using the touch screen at teh bottom, and electing the wireless option, is the yellow one. Then you have your freind turn on his/her CGear, and you cross a bridge to there world. I have never used it before, but this is how it seems to work.
                              __________________
                              Current RPs
                              An Old Evil Returns [PG14]
                                #647    
                              Old March 21st, 2011 (4:46 PM).
                              DayDreamer's Avatar
                              DayDreamer DayDreamer is offline
                              Pokemon Gamer
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2004
                                Location: England
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 154
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Elric of Grans View Post
                                Part of this is simple frustration at the encounter rate. I am sick of fighting every two-to-three squares (sometimes twice on the same square), and Repels are a waste of highly-limited-cash (with no VS Seeker) when you are going to face a trainer in 10 steps. Part of it, however, just seems inexplicable. Basically, almost every Pokemon I have seems utterly and completely useless. I have tried to grind them, but they either need to be rushed to a PokeCenter after the first battle, or they do not live that long even. What is really absurd is that I am making sure to stick with type-advantage against Pokemon of the same level. Grass Pokemon are being pummelled by Water or Ground Pokemon, for example (eg a same-level Pansage was one-shotted by Basculin with a Water-type attack earlier today). Because of this, I gave up trying and keep having the rely on the same few Pokemon. As such, I have completed the sixth gym and have three Pokemon nearing level 40, two around level 30. Pretty well everything else is around levels 15-20, with a couple captured in the mid-20s and not moving (eg Joltik). Even with these `powerful' options, I am constantly seeing absurd scenarios. Earlier today, my level 37 Samurott (Surf/Megahorn/Revenge) went from full health to fainting against a level 34 Bouldor! Even when this does not happen, with so few viable options, and so many battles, I run out of PP before I get anywhere and find myself constantly using Repels and running back to PokeCenters, adding to the frustration. I was really enjoying the game before, so I want to get over this hurdle and continue on my way. Now, plenty of people have finished the game, so obviously the problem is with me, not the game.
                                It's not you lol. It's this game. It's definitely a lot harder than previous generations. I had to run back and forth between pokemon centers too. I'm also guessing this is why there are so many doctors and nurses around xD. This is the first pokemon game that I have ever had to play with repels. Encounter rate is insane. But I still fought most of them for exp. I never had level difference problems until elite four to be honest. For the most part I was at least 2~3 levels above everything I was up against (and they still hurt me quite a bit). If you keep switching your team you'll lag behind in levels.

                                Make sure you don't buy potions. Buy drinks from vending machines instead. It's cheaper so you'll have cash for repels. And give the first pokemon in the party amulet coin if you have for more cash. Make sure you buy super repels over max repels as it works out cheaper overall (I tend to always try and pay less as possible in this game ><).

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Elric of Grans View Post
                                The only Pokemon I feel I can rely on are Samurott, Zebstrika and Sawk, and I am not able to trade with anyone (so no Conkeldurr, or non-Unova/non-Black Pokemon). I suspect I need to find somewhere I can sit down and grind with the Exp. Share until my other Pokemon hit level 30-35 and become capable of contributing, or somewhere lower-level where I can have these Pokemon fight for themselves. Where would be the best place to do this, and which Pokemon are actually worth the effort (since all of them currently seem useless)?
                                If you have surf and fly you can back track some old places that will give you trainer battles. Notably route 17 and 18 that's west of route 1.
                                  #648    
                                Old March 21st, 2011 (4:54 PM).
                                Raichupacabra Raichupacabra is offline
                                Villain
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                                  Location: Antelope Valley, CA
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Hasty
                                  Posts: 565
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
                                  Is there an Effort Ribbon in this game? If so, where?
                                  Can someone answer this. I'm looking all over the Unova Region.
                                    #649    
                                  Old March 21st, 2011 (6:29 PM). Edited March 21st, 2011 by justinlittle18.
                                  justinlittle18's Avatar
                                  justinlittle18 justinlittle18 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2011
                                    Location: Hazlehurst, GA USA
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 29
                                    I picked the feather fossil, which I think will come out to be Archen. Is there any way to get Tirtouga also, or will I have to trade via WiFi for it?

                                    I have White Version by the way.

                                    Another Question:
                                    About how much of a "big damage" does Wake-Up Slap do to a sleeping Pokemon?
                                      #650    
                                    Old March 21st, 2011 (6:35 PM).
                                    Kenshin5's Avatar
                                    Kenshin5 Kenshin5 is offline
                                    Wanderer
                                    • Platinum Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                                    Location: Oklahoma
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Mild
                                    Posts: 4,391
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by justinlittle18 View Post
                                    I picked the feather fossil, which I think will come out to be Archen. Is there any way to get Tirtouga also, or will I have to trade via WiFi for it?

                                    I have White Version by the way.
                                    No just one Unova Fossil per game. So you will have to go through Wifi to get or know somebody in person. Other Fossils are given at Twist Mountain upon obtaining National Dex.
                                    __________________

                                    Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

                                    Closed Thread
                                    Quick Reply

                                    Sponsored Links
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:36 PM.