• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Arsine, Redux. (a.k.a. Arsenic Trihydride, take two)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
My Supreme Arcanite deck has been for a long time the pet deck of both a friend of mine and myself. This deck is super hilarious and trolls the opponent in the face really really hard - the game usually ends with me holding all the cards and my opponent holding no cards, along with a couple of indestructible Arcanite Magicians and a Supreme Arcanite or a Chaos Sorcerer on the field.

The name has no particular bearing on the deck... I just wanted a name with "arsenic" in it, and the trihydride is a perfectly awesome compound (although rather toxic).

Monsters - 21
3 Arsenal Summoner
3 Trust Guardian
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
2 Gravekeeper's Descendant
2 Gravekeeper's Recruiter
2 Effect Veiler
2 Magical Exemplar
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Delta Flyer

The monster lineup is really more 19 than 21, since Effect Veiler is almost never actually Normal Summoned. The deck, as always, is focused on Flip Effect Monsters and finds itself extremely annoyed when someone plays a Nobleman of Crossout against this deck. As a result, perhaps it is even possible to run copies of Prohibition (naming Nobleman of Crossout) in the side deck, but we haven't considered this yet at all because it's not so huge that we've seen it everywhere. Magical Exemplar, because we added more defensive Traps recently, is able to be well-defended and survive a turn or two, being loaded with Spell Counters in the process (which is totally awesome for the deck), and when Arcanite hits your opponent loses his entire field (because of the rapid counter accumulation rate that Exemplar has compared to other Spellcasters). This slot was originally occupied to Thunder King Rai-Oh (relegated to the side because it stopped Pot of Duality plays) and then Skilled White Magician (too slow and doesn't hit hard enough), though Skilled White is still a possible contender for this slot.

Spell - 9
3 Miracle Synchro Fusion
3 Pot of Duality
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn

The trinity of Limited Spell Cards are here... Book of Moon, best -1. Dark Hole, field sweeper. Monster Reborn, broken card of broken cards. Pot of Duality helps you dig for stuff for early game defense / setup against other decks, digging up either a cool Flip Effect monster or a defensive Trap, which is quite important. Miracle Synchro Fusion is a good set bluff and draws you a card when it dies, and it provides the lategame push that this deck needs to, er, actually win the game. (Side note: advantage doesn't win games, it's what you do with the advantage you get that wins games.)

Traps - 10
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Seven Tools of the Bandit

Standard extended defensive Trap line-up. There isn't enough space for two Seven Tools of the Bandit or three Dimensional Prison, sadly, and both are extremely important cards - though, of course, it is totally fine to relegate side deck slots for both, as Trap Stun is probably going to be played at three for a lot of pusher decks. (Yes, old news, but mentioning it doesn't hurt as much as Trap Stun hitting you in the face.)

Extra Deck - 15
3 Supreme Arcanite Magician
3 Arcanite Magician
1 Tempest Magician
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Dark End Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Some fairly standard choices and not-so-standard choices. We'll start with Tempest Magician: Gravekeeper's Recruiter and Delta Flyer can make this Synchro. It's decently brutal when it does hit the field alongside an Arcanite, because it turns all the cards in your hand into huge advantage as well as turning your weak defending Arcanite Magician into a huge crushing threat with insane attack power. Both Level Five Synchros are here because of Magical Exemplar's incredible ability, other than sucking up Spell Counters like crazy from each player's Spell Cards, to actually utilize them to Special Summon Effect Veiler from the Graveyard and to tune after just one activation of a Spell Card (and probably a Supreme Arcanite utilization if Miracle Synchro Fusion was the Spell Card used in question) for either awesome level 5. Magical Exemplar can also grab back a used Recruiter for a Descendant pop or a Descendant or Spy for a quick Synchro Summon into Arcanite, which is of course excellent as well (and it can even grab back Chaos Sorcerer if it has enough counters on it), but that's another story. Dark End Dragon is Delta Flyer + Spy or Descendant, and its effect is extremely potent when needed; it deals with Scrap monsters without hesitation, it sends Shooting Star Dragon into oblivion, and it's pretty good at killing things that are impervious to destruction (which is the entire point of the Arcanite deck ... blowing things up).

That's everything.

Comment, review, suggest things, &c. More Light monsters? Cards to cut for more defensive Traps? What should I play for a side deck (it's probably going to include a fistful of goodies like Pulling the Rug, Revelation, System Down, Kinetic Soldier, and Swallow Flip)? Also, don't suggest Solidarity, please. Delta Flyer is supergood and Trust Guardian is a Fairy. ; x

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Well, there's not much I can say really, but I had a thought about Effect Veiler. Can you drop one and put in another Magical Exemplar? Just for more counters to blow stuff up with and increase Arcanite's attack power more. What do you think?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
I had thought about playing triple Exemplar, but that's not very ideal because that would involve cutting extra LIGHTs (bad because we want to fuel Chaos Sorcerer effectively) and we only have a precarious amount as it is. Plus, Exemplar isn't really the epitome of sturdiness, and it doesn't immediately gain a +1, so I would say that playing it at 2 is fine (what with the amount of deck manipulation / thinning we have).

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Ok then, thats really the only thing I could see, you'll have to try the deck and see. Nice job!

Back