• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Introducing Unova's Violet Masquerade

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So, this has been in the works somewhat since June or so, and now it's finally well, out (shush I intended it for the 4th, but since the 10th is still a B/W release date it counts :D;)

Yeah it's based on two Pokemon from the new Unova region, Minccino and Pidove. The name basically means that not everything is Black and White, as the theme song says, and that there is a middle colour in between. Purple seemed to go best, and with that, both Minccino and Pidove appear to be Grey - referencing that there's likely to be a third version. Someday. But yeah.

Click here to switch to Unova's Violet Masquerade

Credits: Lightning for originally moving the thread to the style testing forum to get feedback and also buttons, Ausaudriel for uploading buttons and uploading the style changes most of the time, Hiroshi Sotomura for helping me out with some profile issues and also buttons, Mika for font size help on profiles, Arcanine for uploading UP a few times, Signomi for creating the better looking main forum buttons, Anastasia.R for the original art but didn't get used though I still appreciate it, Abnegation for the place to test the style on. I thiiink those are all the credits needed. Vudw for the style name, iirc. And credit to Speed for the post buttons. Oh and credit to Ray/Luke/Tara for their feedback...XD; Will this list ever end? Never! Anyway, hope I didn't forget anyone or anything. THANK YOU ALL.

Anyway, enjoy? :x /hides

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    When I click to change it, it changes to vBulletin Default :/

EDIT: Okay cool it works now. I love the reply and edit buttons most, and the stripy back ground is very nice. Nice job on this skin Forever and Co. ^.^

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Finally a new theme that makes me happy ;D
    Purple is my favorite color so i'll change the Jotho Elite theme for this new one.
    Congratulations and thanks for all the effor.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    This new theme is nice to the eyes. Finally, a theme that's light and easy for easy viewing. I think I'll set this into my default skin.

Years
    When I click the Pidove multi-quote button the button changes to some other theme's. But that aside it's very nice and I'll be using it for a while.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    Finally, I've been waiting for this to release. I really like how everything came out, going to use this theme for a while. :D

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My monitor hates the wide layouts, but even so, I love the colors, and the images, and omg. I'ma use it for awhile, whether it stretches or not. XD Nice work, Nicaaaa.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I do have a suggestion, though. Mind if you used a more narrow image, like with the same height, but with a width of 800 pixels? It's not small-screen friendly. Also, mind if you made it so that, well, the thread icons are fitting?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I love the theme but I would have to suggest making the text a little bigger.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Great job Nica! I needed to change from Generation Inverse which was stuck on Snivy, which is still cool. But this is too girly for me :P

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I already said this on IRC, Nica, but I still think the color is too light for me. Nonetheless, its very good looking. ;)

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    Glad to see this came out. And now I KNOW I'm seeing the right thing. xD
    Really, it's good, even if it's not the best. Nice soft colors, and I like colors that remind me of lavender.

Oh, and I was mentioned. Thanks. x3

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    So, this has been in the works somewhat since June or so, and now it's finally well, out (shush I intended it for the 4th, but since the 10th is still a B/W release date it counts :D;)

Yeah it's based on two Pokemon from the new Unova region, Minccino and Pidove. The name basically means that not everything is Black and White, as the theme song says, and that there is a middle colour in between. Purple seemed to go best, and with that, both Minccino and Pidove appear to be Grey - referencing that there's likely to be a third version. Someday. But yeah.

Click here to switch to Unova's Violet Masquerade

Credits: Lightning for originally moving the thread to the style testing forum to get feedback and also buttons, Ausaudriel for uploading buttons and uploading the style changes most of the time, Hiroshi Sotomura for helping me out with some profile issues and also buttons, Mika for font size help on profiles, Arcanine for uploading UP a few times, Signomi for creating the better looking main forum buttons, Anastasia.R for the original art but didn't get used though I still appreciate it, Abnegation for the place to test the style on. I thiiink those are all the credits needed. Vudw for the style name, iirc. And credit to Speed for the post buttons. Oh and credit to Ray/Luke/Tara for their feedback...XD; Will this list ever end? Never! Anyway, hope I didn't forget anyone or anything. THANK YOU ALL.

Anyway, enjoy? :x /hides

WHERE IZ RESHYRAM? WHAT IZ DAT PIJIN DOING THERE WITH HIS BIG PEX??! WHY DO CHILLARMY HAVE FREAKISHLY LARGE EARS THAT BLOCK OUT P'S?! T_T

But seriously, for such a small and adorable critter, its ears are massive!

Anyway...I'm liking the style quite a bit. I thought I would lament switching from the Route 167 style I've grown quite accustomed to, but I am not lamenting! I love the Route 167 style, but this style is so easy on the eyes, with its tranquil hues and serene setting... *sighs* The font here is smaller than I would have preferred, though. >.< The quote buttons look cute.

I like the usage of purple because it combines the red-blue pairing that is typically evident in each paired version. When I first heard of Kyuremu, I was hoping for it to have purple eyes, which would mix Reshiram's blue eyes and Zekrom's reddish eyes. I haven't properly looked at Kyuremu's artwork yet, but I've heard that he features yellow eyes. Still, the calm purple tints utilized here seem to transition into the gray very nicely in this style.

Btw, I love the font that PokeCommunity is written in within the forum header, along with the gradients used in the coloration. I'm guessing that it's Calibri...? Though simplistic, IMO it's a striking yet "quiet" font that does not excessively attempt and fail at being a cool font or something.

Now, this is a bit minor, but did we have to have a Pidove gracing our screens? I was giving that guy a chance, but in "A Sandile Gusher of Change", the Pidove there just disgraced all Flying-type Pokemon in a manner that some would argue tarnished the reputation of all Bird Pokemon permanently. It's scared to cross a bridge, hesitates, and ends up rendering the whole "fear" moment pointless because it just ends up FLYING over the darn bridge instead! Just like how all the Pidove in BW001 FLEW. Personally, there are plenty more Gray Pokemon deserving of the spot. Drilbur? Klink? Timburr? Zorua? Ferroseed? Durant? Even Kyuremu, behemoth-ish as it is! ANYTHING but Pidove baring its wings for all to see atop the forums! [/end Pidove rant]

Anyway, amazing style of simplicity, Forever, and unless some awesome Kyuremu style happens to arise from the depths of PokeCommunity, I'll probably be switching to UVM come Pokemon Gray Version's release (and subsequently crying every time I see Pidove). Definitely in my top favorite PC styles for viewing. :)

Yikes...with this theme, it looks like our signatures are wasting so much white space. T_T

I thought it was hilarious how the Style Switcher list is in ALL CAPS...for some reason, I could anticipate that coming from Forever. And it works just great. :cer_laugh:

Last edited:
    Back