Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old August 11th, 2013 (3:14 AM).
wenfeiy wenfeiy is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1
    once i open,i select city,in item box it show [&h3f][&h3f][&h3f] ..... how to fix it ?
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #302    
    Old August 11th, 2013 (5:15 PM).
    GoGoJJTech's Avatar
    GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Earth
    Age: 18
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 2,477
    GUYS, YOU SHOULD REALLY USE ADVANCE MAP 1.92 SINCE THIS VERSION IS JUST AN UNFINISHED BETA WITH A LOT OF ERRORS. SO THINK TWICE BEFORE USING THIS.
    __________________
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
    The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
    Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

    Support me at my site!
    Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
    Reply With Quote
      #303    
    Old September 13th, 2013 (3:32 PM). Edited September 13th, 2013 by CoolTrainer_J.
    CoolTrainer_J CoolTrainer_J is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 22
      This helped me so much making my hack, its no joke its the best thing in rom hacking

      (ps I am half way into alpha in a mater of days because of this)
      Reply With Quote
        #304    
      Old November 13th, 2013 (6:41 PM).
      Hau's Avatar
      Hau Hau is offline
      Gladion, Hau and Elio
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Location: Stalker much? Somewhere in the Pokémon world...
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 595
        Firstly, Does this program contain any viruses or malware?

        I am planning on making a hack of FireRed, so I will need this, I had it before, but, my computers containing it died, however, my first computer had this for almost a year before it died and my emachine died shortly after it was downloaded.
        __________________
        "Haters? They sit in their basement, comment on my videos, giving me more views, breaking more records. My haters helped me achieve that." - Justin Bieber

        "Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

        "Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

        How to get the e with the accent over it used in Pokémon.

        Alt + 0233


        Reply With Quote
          #305    
        Old November 13th, 2013 (7:07 PM).
        Frosty~'s Avatar
        Frosty~ Frosty~ is offline
        Pancakes are a girl's BFF
           
          Join Date: Nov 2009
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 44
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
          Firstly, Does this program contain any viruses or malware?

          I am planning on making a hack of FireRed, so I will need this, I had it before, but, my computers containing it died, however, my first computer had this for almost a year before it died and my emachine died shortly after it was downloaded.
          I'm inferring that you're saying that Advance Map 1.95 killed your computers, which is kinda funny to me, but probably not to you. I don't think it has viruses, but just so you know....

          Quote:
          GUYS, YOU SHOULD REALLY USE ADVANCE MAP 1.92 SINCE THIS VERSION IS JUST AN UNFINISHED BETA WITH A LOT OF ERRORS. SO THINK TWICE BEFORE USING THIS.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
          1: Advance map 1.95 just randmoly throws your data wherever it wants, which is why it's unsafe. It's just a beta that wasn't ever done.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
          Map connections need to be set up on each map. So set it up on map B as well.
          Use advance map 1.92.
          __________________
          "The world's changing at lightning speed,
          but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
          That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
          Other wise you'll lose yourself."
          - Megaman

          My deviantArt
          Reply With Quote
            #306    
          Old November 13th, 2013 (7:57 PM). Edited November 13th, 2013 by Hau.
          Hau's Avatar
          Hau Hau is offline
          Gladion, Hau and Elio
             
            Join Date: May 2011
            Location: Stalker much? Somewhere in the Pokémon world...
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 595
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by CayCay98 View Post
            I'm inferring that you're saying that Advance Map 1.95 killed your computers, which is kinda funny to me, but probably not to you. I don't think it has viruses, but just so you know....
            No, I am not entirely blaming AM1.95, I did have lots of programs and wasn't careful, I'm just being sure.

            Links aren't working!!
            __________________
            "Haters? They sit in their basement, comment on my videos, giving me more views, breaking more records. My haters helped me achieve that." - Justin Bieber

            "Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

            "Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

            How to get the e with the accent over it used in Pokémon.

            Alt + 0233


            Reply With Quote
              #307    
            Old November 14th, 2013 (3:18 AM).
            giradialkia's Avatar
            giradialkia giradialkia is offline
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Apr 2009
            Location: Ireland
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 1,563
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
            Firstly, Does this program contain any viruses or malware?

            I am planning on making a hack of FireRed, so I will need this, I had it before, but, my computers containing it died, however, my first computer had this for almost a year before it died and my emachine died shortly after it was downloaded.
            This thread was just outside the revival limit. Since it was so very close (just about 3 hours), I can see how there was a misunderstanding, perhaps. I'll leave it open for now for the sake of discussion.
            __________________

            I'm working on an album of Pokémon-inspired music. Check out the Soundcloud link if you're interested!


            This is my Soundcloud | | This is my bandcamp
            Reply With Quote
              #308    
            Old November 14th, 2013 (5:15 AM).
            Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 1,082
              Can someone port this to Android xD
              Or make his own map tool for android
              Reply With Quote
                #309    
              Old November 16th, 2013 (7:53 PM).
              Hau's Avatar
              Hau Hau is offline
              Gladion, Hau and Elio
                 
                Join Date: May 2011
                Location: Stalker much? Somewhere in the Pokémon world...
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 595
                I have attempted to download this, with both links that were provided and the links are dead... Can somebody help me?
                __________________
                "Haters? They sit in their basement, comment on my videos, giving me more views, breaking more records. My haters helped me achieve that." - Justin Bieber

                "Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

                "Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

                How to get the e with the accent over it used in Pokémon.

                Alt + 0233


                Reply With Quote
                  #310    
                Old November 16th, 2013 (8:42 PM).
                Frosty~'s Avatar
                Frosty~ Frosty~ is offline
                Pancakes are a girl's BFF
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2009
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 44
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
                  I have attempted to download this, with both links that were provided and the links are dead... Can somebody help me?
                  Luigi... Don't use this version of Advance Map. Unless you want to intentionally throw your rom's data in random spots, then you can use it. Advance Map 1.92 is the safer version. I'm pretty sure gogojjtech has a link to it somewhere. Search for it.
                  __________________
                  "The world's changing at lightning speed,
                  but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
                  That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
                  Other wise you'll lose yourself."
                  - Megaman

                  My deviantArt
                  Reply With Quote
                    #311    
                  Old November 16th, 2013 (10:26 PM).
                  Hau's Avatar
                  Hau Hau is offline
                  Gladion, Hau and Elio
                     
                    Join Date: May 2011
                    Location: Stalker much? Somewhere in the Pokémon world...
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 595
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CayCay98 View Post
                    Luigi... Don't use this version of Advance Map. Unless you want to intentionally throw your rom's data in random spots, then you can use it. Advance Map 1.92 is the safer version. I'm pretty sure gogojjtech has a link to it somewhere. Search for it.
                    I'm planning on 1.92, but, I don't trust any other sites, it could contain viruses.
                    __________________
                    "Haters? They sit in their basement, comment on my videos, giving me more views, breaking more records. My haters helped me achieve that." - Justin Bieber

                    "Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

                    "Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

                    How to get the e with the accent over it used in Pokémon.

                    Alt + 0233


                    Reply With Quote
                      #312    
                    Old November 17th, 2013 (1:22 AM).
                    Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                    Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                    The Legendary Master of Light!
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                    Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 1,561
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
                    I'm planning on 1.92, but, I don't trust any other sites, it could contain viruses.
                    I'm sorry, but I think that's your only option. I checked to see if his website is still running, but sadly it isn't. :c

                    So yeah, you'll just have to search Google for one. We can't provide any alternate links anyways, because LU-HO has requested us not to. ;)

                    Edit: Oh yeah, and also... don't worry about viruses. You can tell if it's legitimate if it has many .txt files in the index, a file called AdvanceMap.exe, along with two folders called "ini" and "ErrorLogs". No need to worry. ;)
                    __________________
                    [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                    If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                    Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                    It's time to change the future...
                    to a positive direction!

                    Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                    I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                    Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                    Reply With Quote
                      #313    
                    Old November 17th, 2013 (9:53 AM).
                    GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                    GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Earth
                    Age: 18
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 2,477
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
                    I'm sorry, but I think that's your only option. I checked to see if his website is still running, but sadly it isn't. :c

                    So yeah, you'll just have to search Google for one. We can't provide any alternate links anyways, because LU-HO has requested us not to.

                    Edit: Oh yeah, and also... don't worry about viruses. You can tell if it's legitimate if it has many .txt files in the index, a file called AdvanceMap.exe, along with two folders called "ini" and "ErrorLogs". No need to worry.
                    Guys, you completely ignored my warning. This version is a BETA that was NOT FINISHED leaving many BUGS that WILL BREAK your GAMES. He didn't leave source code so a new map editor is coming out very soon. For now use 1.92 please
                    __________________
                    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                    The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                    Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                    Support me at my site!
                    Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                    Reply With Quote
                      #314    
                    Old November 17th, 2013 (4:04 PM).
                    Hau's Avatar
                    Hau Hau is offline
                    Gladion, Hau and Elio
                       
                      Join Date: May 2011
                      Location: Stalker much? Somewhere in the Pokémon world...
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 595
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
                      I'm sorry, but I think that's your only option. I checked to see if his website is still running, but sadly it isn't. :c

                      So yeah, you'll just have to search Google for one. We can't provide any alternate links anyways, because LU-HO has requested us not to.

                      Edit: Oh yeah, and also... don't worry about viruses. You can tell if it's legitimate if it has many .txt files in the index, a file called AdvanceMap.exe, along with two folders called "ini" and "ErrorLogs". No need to worry.
                      LU-HO isn't around, so why not? He's pretty much gone from the forums...
                      __________________
                      "Haters? They sit in their basement, comment on my videos, giving me more views, breaking more records. My haters helped me achieve that." - Justin Bieber

                      "Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

                      "Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

                      How to get the e with the accent over it used in Pokémon.

                      Alt + 0233


                      Reply With Quote
                        #315    
                      Old November 24th, 2013 (3:21 AM). Edited November 24th, 2013 by Nihilego.
                      KillerKrabs's Avatar
                      KillerKrabs KillerKrabs is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2013
                        Location: Arizona
                        Age: 23
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 9
                        Edit: Fixed that problem, but now my game whitescreens. It corrupted somehow along the line (right after I deleted my backups because i got my current version working, go figure). People who do major hacks have to run into this problem, so there has to be a REAL fix- not a "ermagerd change yer save options to whatever flash" because that does not work for the ROM hack. Is there a way of pinpointing the part that went wrong and changing it back?

                        Hey, I'm new to the forums. I have a huge problem with Advance Map right now. I'm using version 1.92. My problem is that I coded my own simple legendary event and- it worked! Well, the first time. I reloaded the ROM to do it again and test some more things that didn't relate to the event. When I reached the event again, it simply played Groudon's cry. If I clicked on it again, it put my custom "It's a statue, blah, blah" message, as it's supposed to.

                        Now- what could be causing this? I desperately need this fixed. I hope the spoiler commands work here, because if not, this will get unorganized fast. Here's the code I'm using:

                        Spoiler:

                        #org 0x8304FC4
                        '-----------------------------------
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        checkflag 0x5B
                        setflag 0x5B
                        if true jump 0x8304FE3 ' Flag is set
                        checkflag RS_BADGE_6
                        if true jump 0x815F2A6 ' Flag is set
                        if false jump 0x837FD80 ' Flag is unset
                        end

                        #org 0x8304FE3
                        '-----------------------------------
                        msgbox 0x8740347 ' It's a lifeless stat...
                        callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                        releaseall
                        ' Release commands close any open messages
                        end

                        #org 0x815F2A6
                        '-----------------------------------
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        battle GROUDON 30 LEFTOVERS
                        cry 0xA1 0x195
                        end

                        #org 0x837FD80
                        '-----------------------------------
                        msgbox 0x837FD5B ' You're not ready \n ...
                        callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                        releaseall
                        ' Release commands close any open messages
                        end


                        #org 0x8740347
                        = It's a lifeless statue..

                        #org 0x837FD5B
                        = You're not ready \n to fight Groudon.


                        Be noted that this WORKED the first time around, and with NO CHANGES, it proceeded to STOP working. It makes no sense to me.

                        I really wish I could get some help here. I managed to fix my previous problems, but I'm not getting around this one on my own. My new setflags reset when i leave the current area (ie, entering a building, flying, leaving a route).... That destroys anything involving flags. Is there a way to fix this?
                        Reply With Quote
                          #316    
                        Old November 24th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
                        GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                        GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                        (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Location: Earth
                        Age: 18
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 2,477
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by KillerKrabs View Post
                        I really wish I could get some help here. I managed to fix my previous problems, but I'm not getting around this one on my own. My new setflags reset when i leave the current area (ie, entering a building, flying, leaving a route).... That destroys anything involving flags. Is there a way to fix this?
                        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7940837&postcount=315
                        Use am-1.92. Also, ruby's engine is REAL bad so either FR or Emerald. But it's your choice
                        __________________
                        I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                        The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                        Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                        Support me at my site!
                        Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                        Reply With Quote
                          #317    
                        Old November 24th, 2013 (3:50 PM).
                        RichterSnipes's Avatar
                        RichterSnipes RichterSnipes is offline
                        *pew pew pew*
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2011
                          Location: USA
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 370
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by KillerKrabs View Post
                          Edit: Fixed that problem, but now my game whitescreens. It corrupted somehow along the line (right after I deleted my backups because i got my current version working, go figure). People who do major hacks have to run into this problem, so there has to be a REAL fix- not a "ermagerd change yer save options to whatever flash" because that does not work for the ROM hack. Is there a way of pinpointing the part that went wrong and changing it back?

                          Hey, I'm new to the forums. I have a huge problem with Advance Map right now. I'm using version 1.92. My problem is that I coded my own simple legendary event and- it worked! Well, the first time. I reloaded the ROM to do it again and test some more things that didn't relate to the event. When I reached the event again, it simply played Groudon's cry. If I clicked on it again, it put my custom "It's a statue, blah, blah" message, as it's supposed to.

                          Now- what could be causing this? I desperately need this fixed. I hope the spoiler commands work here, because if not, this will get unorganized fast. Here's the code I'm using:

                          Spoiler:

                          #org 0x8304FC4
                          '-----------------------------------
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          checkflag 0x5B
                          setflag 0x5B
                          if true jump 0x8304FE3 ' Flag is set
                          checkflag RS_BADGE_6
                          if true jump 0x815F2A6 ' Flag is set
                          if false jump 0x837FD80 ' Flag is unset
                          end

                          #org 0x8304FE3
                          '-----------------------------------
                          msgbox 0x8740347 ' It's a lifeless stat...
                          callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                          releaseall
                          ' Release commands close any open messages
                          end

                          #org 0x815F2A6
                          '-----------------------------------
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          battle GROUDON 30 LEFTOVERS
                          cry 0xA1 0x195
                          end

                          #org 0x837FD80
                          '-----------------------------------
                          msgbox 0x837FD5B ' You're not ready \n ...
                          callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
                          releaseall
                          ' Release commands close any open messages
                          end


                          #org 0x8740347
                          = It's a lifeless statue..

                          #org 0x837FD5B
                          = You're not ready \n to fight Groudon.


                          Be noted that this WORKED the first time around, and with NO CHANGES, it proceeded to STOP working. It makes no sense to me.

                          I really wish I could get some help here. I managed to fix my previous problems, but I'm not getting around this one on my own. My new setflags reset when i leave the current area (ie, entering a building, flying, leaving a route).... That destroys anything involving flags. Is there a way to fix this?
                          From looking at your script, I can notice some issues in it. However, this doesn't seem to be inherently an Advance Map problem. I think it's best you bring that to the appropriate thread for scripts. Click here for that.
                          __________________
                          My hack:
                          Reply With Quote
                            #318    
                          Old November 25th, 2013 (7:59 PM). Edited November 25th, 2013 by KillerKrabs.
                          KillerKrabs's Avatar
                          KillerKrabs KillerKrabs is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2013
                            Location: Arizona
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lonely
                            Posts: 9
                            Well, thanks for responding. I'm using AM 1.92. I researched both before picking which one I'd use.. having my memory thrown around in random locations didn't seem like the thing for me.

                            So, the Ruby/Sapphire engine is just atrocious then? It would make sense. None of my new flags are working past 0x91B. In fact, if I remove an older flag and place it in the new location, it still doesn't work. Maybe it's just Rustboro in general. Any custom tile scripts freeze there too. Not just that, but if move the Aqua event in Rustboro even one tile, it causes the game to freeze.

                            How bad is the Gen1 engine? Or 2, for that matter? I'd sooner go older than newer. I know FR/LG is 3, but I honestly don't want to use those. I'm thinking Crystal, because I have the patched, fixed up version of that ROM.

                            Also, I had to remove the "quote" because it counts as an url. Directed at gogojjtech.

                            At RichterSnipes:

                            Thanks; I fixed up all of my scripts a lot after learning more. I'll check it out.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #319    
                            Old December 15th, 2013 (5:15 AM).
                            RottenB RottenB is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2013
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1
                              Hey, have some Problems with AM.
                              It's a really good Programm, but some graphics wouldn't be shown in the game.
                              -Black Parts are violet.
                              -Some of the Marketparts are also violet or have textures from other tilesets


                              I don't know what I've done wrong...




                              Also I have the Problem with own Trainers...
                              Everytime I want to battle with them the VBA turn violet.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #320    
                              Old December 19th, 2013 (8:54 PM).
                              Cyb3rB3ast Cyb3rB3ast is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1
                                both links are dead for the download
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #321    
                                Old December 19th, 2013 (10:57 PM).
                                Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                                Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                                The Legendary Master of Light!
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2008
                                Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 1,561
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Cyb3rB3ast View Post
                                both links are dead for the download
                                Yep, because Lu-Ho's server is no longer running anymore. And by the looks of it, I highly doubt he will ever return back to PC.

                                But even so, there is no way we're allowed to provide links to other websites providing the downloads for AdvanceMap. You'll just have to search Google for a download to the program, I'm really sorry.
                                __________________
                                [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                                If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                                Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                                It's time to change the future...
                                to a positive direction!

                                Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                                I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                                Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #322    
                                Old December 29th, 2013 (10:25 PM). Edited December 29th, 2013 by Tyroz.
                                Tyroz's Avatar
                                Tyroz Tyroz is offline
                                In tenebris est et in nobis.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                                  Location: Colorado
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 45
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                                  Guys, you completely ignored my warning. This version is a BETA that was NOT FINISHED leaving many BUGS that WILL BREAK your GAMES. He didn't leave source code so a new map editor is coming out very soon. For now use 1.92 please
                                  Do you know who is creating this new editor and when it is coming out?
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #323    
                                  Old December 30th, 2013 (12:11 AM).
                                  Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                                  Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                                  The Legendary Master of Light!
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                                  Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 1,561
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Tyroz View Post
                                  Do you know who is creating this new editor and when it is coming out?
                                  It was long ago, about a year or two ago that ZodiacDaGreat was developing a map editor for Generation III, but it was never completed and was never released.

                                  However, there is a source code of EliteMap that can be downloaded from TheHelmetedRodent. But be aware that the program is outdated and if anyone is a VisualBasic 6 programmer, then that person should at least be able to fix all the bugs and make the program fully compatible with all Generation III games. And not just that, but also providing the program completely open-source, so that we won't have the same tragedy that happened to LH-HO's AdvanceMap.

                                  Which is why I say: whenever you're creating a new ROM Hacking tool, be sure to make it open source and hosting the source code on a website like SourceForge. Or else... what if the program is closed source and the person dies in real life? There would be absolutely no one to create a forked verity of it as a successor so it can continue and help to improve. It's simple as that.

                                  And I'm sorry to say this... but I'm afraid LU-HO had decided in keeping it closed source, but hey... that was his choice, and this is consequence of what happens to a tool that isn't open source.

                                  But what can we do about it? Nothing, there is absolutely nothing we can do about AdvanceMap anymore, we're gonna just have to either improve EliteMap and host it on a website like SourceForge, or create an entirely new open-source map editor for Generation III.
                                  __________________
                                  [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                                  If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                                  Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                                  It's time to change the future...
                                  to a positive direction!

                                  Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                                  I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                                  Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #324    
                                  Old January 5th, 2014 (9:32 AM).
                                  chiklit's Avatar
                                  chiklit chiklit is offline
                                  Old Skool PPN
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2007
                                    Location: Maryland, USA
                                    Age: 29
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Docile
                                    Posts: 5
                                    If it'll be of any help to anybody I still have the source code for GoldMap 1.6 that AdvanceMap was originally based off of.

                                    They're both available here: lastedit.com/poke/gm/ (Apparently I can't post links)

                                    I'm not sure which is more recent, they might be the same version. They're from a 2005 backup so the "Last modified on" dates are all out of whack.

                                    For what it's worth I had originally tried to get LU-HO to release his code as open source after the first version on the basis that I had released the GoldMap source under a CC-SA license and he was in violation by not sharing the code but he refused (and in general he was a huge jerk about it - as I had originally just asked him to make his EULA less insanely restrictive) and me and Jiggly (who originally wrote the GM code) decided not to press the issue.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #325    
                                    Old January 6th, 2014 (2:09 AM). Edited January 6th, 2014 by Platinum Lucario.
                                    Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                                    Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                                    The Legendary Master of Light!
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                                    Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 1,561
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by chiklit View Post
                                    If it'll be of any help to anybody I still have the source code for GoldMap 1.6 that AdvanceMap was originally based off of.

                                    They're both available here: lastedit.com/poke/gm/ (Apparently I can't post links)

                                    I'm not sure which is more recent, they might be the same version. They're from a 2005 backup so the "Last modified on" dates are all out of whack.

                                    For what it's worth I had originally tried to get LU-HO to release his code as open source after the first version on the basis that I had released the GoldMap source under a CC-SA license and he was in violation by not sharing the code but he refused (and in general he was a huge jerk about it - as I had originally just asked him to make his EULA less insanely restrictive) and me and Jiggly (who originally wrote the GM code) decided not to press the issue.
                                    I just downloaded the source code of GoldMap, thanks! ^^

                                    But yeah, I can see that all LU-HO did with GoldMap upon obtaining the source code back then, was tweaked it so it supported the Generation III games and removed the compatibility for Pokémon Gold. But from there, he made newer functions and eventually in a more later version, he made the textures load directly from the ROM. During the earlier stages of AdvanceMap from what I saw in the earlier versions... it didn't load the textures from the ROM and instead used the textures provided in a folder. Then once 1.95 came out, it re-coded in Lazarus... but we still haven't received the source code. And nowadays... LU-HO has not been seen ever again since February 2012 here on the forums, and I've never heard from him again anywhere online.

                                    Hopefully AdvanceMap and LU-HO's disappearance should serve as a reminder to everyone that it's important to keep a ROM hacking tool open-source always! ;)
                                    __________________
                                    [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                                    If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                                    Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                                    It's time to change the future...
                                    to a positive direction!

                                    Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                                    I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                                    Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                                    Reply With Quote
                                    Reply
                                    Quick Reply

                                    Sponsored Links
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:42 PM.