Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old November 19th, 2011 (9:01 AM).
Quilava's Master's Avatar
Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
Shattered Dreams '13
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 694
    And there you have it. The beta is out. Remember to patch it to a clean Fire Red rom. It goes up to the 3rd floor of Ouija Temple, That means 3 gyms.
    Here are a few things to note:
    • The "Who You Gonna Call" mini-game has been omitted from the Beta. Hopefully it'll be in the next release.
    • This beta is more of an "Open-Beta". I am currently going through the hack now but I'm sure I'll miss things. I want everyone who plays to post bugs and issue, no matter how minor.
    • The beta will end on the 3rd floor of Ouija Temple. You will not meet the "Special Person" in this hack. Sorry.
    • Every house in Ouija Town is locked. They're simply not done.
    • There will be 3 Mystery Gifts in this beta. What are they? You'll see soon.
    • All the battlegrounds have been changed.

    I've packaged a .docx document that shows all the pokemon with new abilities, the move changes and the new tm list. These things may change as I come up with more ideas. Enjoy the hack.

    PS: The Eggcellent Togepi event it scheduled to begin on the 22nd and will last until the end of the month. It'll be followed by another event which I will announce later. Remember to post any bugs [with screenshots].
    __________________
    The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #177    
    Old November 20th, 2011 (4:41 PM).
    Alignment's Avatar
    Alignment Alignment is offline
    Revered with the stars
       
      Join Date: Mar 2010
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 308
      Cool, I played your hack back when you came out with the first alpha. Judging by the screenshots it looks like it's improved quite drastically. I look forward to playing this beta, hopefully I'll be looking forward to play the next once I'm done.

      As asked I will edit this post once I've finished playing with any possible oddities or bugs.
        #178    
      Old November 22nd, 2011 (5:38 AM).
      Quilava's Master's Avatar
      Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
      Shattered Dreams '13
         
        Join Date: Jul 2007
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 694
        Just a reminder, the beta is out! You can download it on the first page. Another note, today marks the beginning of the first Mystery Gift Event: The Eggcellent Togepi. Not only do you get a Togepi with a unique and battle-ready moveset, but you also get the Lucky Egg [the only place to get it in-game without cheating]. The Mystery Gift man can be found in Emerald Town's Pokemon Center from now until the end of the month.
        __________________
        The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
          #179    
        Old November 22nd, 2011 (11:20 AM).
        Yuuiii's Avatar
        Yuuiii Yuuiii is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Location: California
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 25
          It's a shame that there isn't much of a fuss about the new beta, it's an awesome game

          I love the new rematching feature, it's a quick way for me to grind my pokes hehe. And I'm going to assume that the new movesets is similar to 5th generation's learnsets.

          Since you took out the Bullet Seed TM but gave it a buff, are you going to distribute Bullet Seed to more pokemon? In 3rd gen, only Sunflora could learn Bullet seed through level

          Anyway, i finished the beta, don't mean to advertise but here's me getting the Mystery Gift and showing off my team :D
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoDqADOM6bg
            #180    
          Old November 22nd, 2011 (11:20 AM).
          Crimson5M's Avatar
          Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
          what
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2011
          Location: Scotland
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 1,102
          Just got mah Togepi.
          Anyway the only two criticisms I can give are:
          1/ Make the sprites smaller. Try Chaos Rush's sprites, or Wesley FG's. They're the same sprites, but around the size of their gen 3 sprites.
          2/ Stop making Trainers who walk around I keep thinking they're just normal NPCs :(

          I found some bugs too, I'll post screens later. Gotta grind my Togepi first ;)
          __________________
          Youtube
            #181    
          Old November 22nd, 2011 (2:20 PM).
          british7065 british7065 is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 2
            how to get pass ouija temple
              #182    
            Old November 22nd, 2011 (6:28 PM).
            Yuuiii's Avatar
            Yuuiii Yuuiii is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2011
              Location: California
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 25
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by british7065 View Post
              how to get pass ouija temple
              that's the end of the beta, you'll have to wait for a new release
                #183    
              Old November 25th, 2011 (8:29 AM).
              Quilava's Master's Avatar
              Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
              Shattered Dreams '13
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2007
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 694
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yuuiii View Post
                It's a shame that there isn't much of a fuss about the new beta, it's an awesome game

                I love the new rematching feature, it's a quick way for me to grind my pokes hehe. And I'm going to assume that the new movesets is similar to 5th generation's learnsets.

                Since you took out the Bullet Seed TM but gave it a buff, are you going to distribute Bullet Seed to more pokemon? In 3rd gen, only Sunflora could learn Bullet seed through level

                Anyway, i finished the beta, don't mean to advertise but here's me getting the Mystery Gift and showing off my team :D
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoDqADOM6bg
                Cool team, way stronger than the team I finished with lol. I hadn't considered the Bullet Seed thing, which Pokemon do you think should have it as a learnable move?
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                Just got mah Togepi.
                Anyway the only two criticisms I can give are:
                1/ Make the sprites smaller. Try Chaos Rush's sprites, or Wesley FG's. They're the same sprites, but around the size of their gen 3 sprites.
                2/ Stop making Trainers who walk around I keep thinking they're just normal NPCs

                I found some bugs too, I'll post screens later. Gotta grind my Togepi first
                1. The sprites were all resized by me a long time ago, I don't really plan on changing them, as all of the sprite work is already done.

                2. haha this made me chuckle.

                Announcement
                In a few weeks [right around Christmas time] I will be releasing an update. The update will contain the next Mystery Gift, as well as expand Ouija Tower to the 5th floor, where you meet the special person. Also it will feature a full Ouija Town [complete with unlocked houses], bug fixes and will complete the primary story arc. I'm also willing to make changes if you guys don't mind adding some more feedback. Also this new update will mark the beginning of the Winter Season which means the snowy tiles will take effect. This also means large bodies of water will freeze over, allowing you to slide across the smaller ponds, to reach new areas.
                Note: Because the water is now made of ice, surfing is all but disabled during the winter time.

                Visual Update coming soon.
                __________________
                The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                  #184    
                Old November 26th, 2011 (9:12 AM).
                Quilava's Master's Avatar
                Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                Shattered Dreams '13
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 694
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
                  what tools do you guys use to edit roms?
                  Besides Advance map, advance text, Yape, Ape, and unlz?
                  How do you guys script?
                  Do you use pksvui_pkg2-1-1
                  Uh, extremely off-topic but check the Q&A in the first post, I've already answered that question.
                  __________________
                  The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                    #185    
                  Old November 26th, 2011 (10:02 AM).
                  Crimson5M's Avatar
                  Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                  what
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                  Location: Scotland
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 1,102
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
                  1. The sprites were all resized by me a long time ago, I don't really plan on changing them, as all of the sprite work is already done.
                  Trust me, they really need changed. They are far too big and it's the only thing really that lets this hack down.

                  Can't wait for the skiing.
                  __________________
                  Youtube
                    #186    
                  Old November 26th, 2011 (12:09 PM).
                  M.L's Avatar
                  M.L M.L is offline
                  Invisible
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 765
                    Winter, what you meen its summer for meh xD i want waves and sun, becaues i have summer
                    __________________
                    Fluffy
                      #187    
                    Old November 27th, 2011 (3:52 PM).
                    Lucifer-san's Avatar
                    Lucifer-san Lucifer-san is offline
                    Recently Revived Zombie
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2010
                    Location: Somewhere
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 166
                    Just started paying through beta 1 enjoyable so far and I don't find using Squirtle hard what so ever and so far haven't run into anything unusual so pretty good so far.
                    __________________
                    I arise from the dead, finally.
                      #188    
                    Old November 27th, 2011 (4:25 PM).
                    SonicBlazePlatinum's Avatar
                    SonicBlazePlatinum SonicBlazePlatinum is offline
                    /)^3^(\
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2007
                    Location: Cloudsdale, Equestria
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 1,041
                    How many badges can you get in the Beta? I seen a video of the Togepi event and someone had their Pokemon around Level 30, so I'm guessing somewhere around three gym badges.
                    __________________
                    Also known as SentryBronyPlatinum or Shadowbolt Pegasus.
                      #189    
                    Old November 27th, 2011 (6:15 PM). Edited November 28th, 2011 by Lucifer-san.
                    Lucifer-san's Avatar
                    Lucifer-san Lucifer-san is offline
                    Recently Revived Zombie
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2010
                    Location: Somewhere
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 166
                    Just got the 1st badge and haven't noticed anything worth mentioning except the walking trainers who I dodge most of the time but other than that its been fun so far with squirtle.
                    EDIT:Their is a slight bug where you can walk threw the 2nd gyms last main eletric gate.
                    __________________
                    I arise from the dead, finally.
                      #190    
                    Old November 30th, 2011 (4:20 PM).
                    Skyy's Avatar
                    Skyy Skyy is offline
                    Just Sky ( :
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Location: wherever the sun shines
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Naughty
                      Posts: 94
                      hi. i have a problem. everytime i patch the beta, it says successful but when i play the game it says fire red version. heres what i did.

                      apply patch with lunar ips>chose the beta ips>chose the fire red game>patch successful.

                      any help?
                      __________________

                        #191    
                      Old November 30th, 2011 (4:26 PM).
                      Crimson5M's Avatar
                      Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
                      what
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2011
                      Location: Scotland
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 1,102
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
                      hi. i have a problem. everytime i patch the beta, it says successful but when i play the game it says fire red version. heres what i did.

                      apply patch with lunar ips>chose the beta ips>chose the fire red game>patch successful.

                      any help?
                      Titlescreen hasn't been changed yet.
                      __________________
                      Youtube
                        #192    
                      Old November 30th, 2011 (5:37 PM).
                      Skyy's Avatar
                      Skyy Skyy is offline
                      Just Sky ( :
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2011
                        Location: wherever the sun shines
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 94
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
                        Titlescreen hasn't been changed yet.
                        thats what i thought too so i continued to the characters and they dont look like the ones in the screens. are they not changed too?
                        __________________

                          #193    
                        Old November 30th, 2011 (9:45 PM).
                        qaz015393's Avatar
                        qaz015393 qaz015393 is offline
                        pokemon revenge developer
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2009
                          Age: 27
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 790
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
                          thats what i thought too so i continued to the characters and they dont look like the ones in the screens. are they not changed too?
                          i say play up to the part were you can pick your pokemon and if the pokemon are still the ones from the original fire red than, repatchusing a clean rom. i had the same problem some time ago *when i patched beta 1* and i realized it was my rom was not working with it. so try getting a new rom and patch that.




                          thnks for the update i havnt been on this site due to finals so i just saw the new updated beta 2. dang i wish i came to check this a while bck so i could have goten the togipe event *its already dec 1 * . anyway how would i be able 2 get the Mystery Gifts? ive never tried to activate them though the emulator. i cant wait for my semester to finish so i have time and i can finally be able to play this :D
                          __________________

                          POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

                          3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
                            #194    
                          Old November 30th, 2011 (10:34 PM).
                          DrFuji's Avatar
                          DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                          Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Location: Downia-upside
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 1,328
                          I just finished playing the beta release and I have to congratulate you, QM, for making a really fun hack. I remember playing the original version you released quite a while ago and I can tell that this release is far more polished and professional. I also liked how my three rivals played off each other during the showdown in the cave, it was pretty funny and showed how good their group dynamic could be in the future. I think your resized Pokemon sprites look great, but some of your resized trainers seem to be misshapen (e.g the Lass' head).

                          When I was playing through it, I found a few bugs that should be ironed out before your next release since they're easy to fix.
                          Spoiler:

                          I can walk through all of the walls on the left hand side of the gym and then pass straight through the last barrier without having to face a single trainer.


                          While it is only one or two pixels wide, I can easily tell that the top right corner of the bank isn't on grass like the rest of it. Fix the tile :P


                          For some reason there is a clone of me standing in the gatehouse on top of the cycling bridge. He doesn't have a script assigned to him or anything...


                          These two guys start to walk around after you receive your item.


                          Speech is overrunning the textbox. There were also numerous times when the red arrow was partially cut off, but I didn't bother taking photos of them D:


                          I lol'd.

                          This isn't really a bug or anything, but if you're going to have constantly changing weather it would be best to have people with weather-related dialogue change with it. I think there was a guy in the first time who differed according to the weather, but this girl certainly doesn't. :P


                          Anyway, good work with this mate! I still have my eager eye on this thread :)
                          __________________
                            #195    
                          Old December 1st, 2011 (7:14 PM). Edited December 1st, 2011 by Quilava's Master.
                          Quilava's Master's Avatar
                          Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                          Shattered Dreams '13
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2007
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 694
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
                            i say play up to the part were you can pick your pokemon and if the pokemon are still the ones from the original fire red than, repatchusing a clean rom. i had the same problem some time ago *when i patched beta 1* and i realized it was my rom was not working with it. so try getting a new rom and patch that.


                            thnks for the update i havnt been on this site due to finals so i just saw the new updated beta 2. dang i wish i came to check this a while bck so i could have goten the togipe event *its already dec 1 * . anyway how would i be able 2 get the Mystery Gifts? ive never tried to activate them though the emulator. i cant wait for my semester to finish so i have time and i can finally be able to play this :D
                            The Mystery Gift's are timed events that happen automatically in the ROM during pre-determined times. The next one happens on Christmas day; Details later.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
                            I just finished playing the beta release and I have to congratulate you, QM, for making a really fun hack. I remember playing the original version you released quite a while ago and I can tell that this release is far more polished and professional. I also liked how my three rivals played off each other during the showdown in the cave, it was pretty funny and showed how good their group dynamic could be in the future. I think your resized Pokemon sprites look great, but some of your resized trainers seem to be misshapen (e.g the Lass' head).

                            When I was playing through it, I found a few bugs that should be ironed out before your next release since they're easy to fix.
                            Spoiler:

                            I can walk through all of the walls on the left hand side of the gym and then pass straight through the last barrier without having to face a single trainer.


                            While it is only one or two pixels wide, I can easily tell that the top right corner of the bank isn't on grass like the rest of it. Fix the tile


                            For some reason there is a clone of me standing in the gatehouse on top of the cycling bridge. He doesn't have a script assigned to him or anything...


                            These two guys start to walk around after you receive your item.


                            Speech is overrunning the textbox. There were also numerous times when the red arrow was partially cut off, but I didn't bother taking photos of them D:


                            I lol'd.

                            This isn't really a bug or anything, but if you're going to have constantly changing weather it would be best to have people with weather-related dialogue change with it. I think there was a guy in the first time who differed according to the weather, but this girl certainly doesn't.


                            Anyway, good work with this mate! I still have my eager eye on this thread
                            Fixed them all. Small oversights. The last one isn't too much of a glitch, it happens because the flag for weather [which is what causes people to act differently during the weather] is cleared on the last revolution of that weather cycle, but the weather doesn't stop until the next revolution. I'll fix that one eventually.

                            I've run into a minor problem with the seasons. The palettes screw up when you leave use the menu until you enter a house [which refreshes the map] and I don't know how to fix it =/ Any ideas would help.

                            Quick Announcement:
                            The Togepi event is over, sorry if you missed it but there's is more to come! The next event takes place on Christmas day. It's a one day event that only last's until midnight that night. It's called Golem For The Spring. It's when you get the Golem Ticket which will allow you to travel to Golem Island this Spring. Golem Island is definitely worth it. It's full of tough/rare Pokemon and houses a powerful secret .
                            The second event this month is another one day event entitled Ho-ho Showdown. Details on that will come as the date approaches. That's another worthwhile event.
                            __________________
                            The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                              #196    
                            Old December 1st, 2011 (8:34 PM).
                            qaz015393's Avatar
                            qaz015393 qaz015393 is offline
                            pokemon revenge developer
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2009
                              Age: 27
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 790
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
                              The Mystery Gift's are timed events that happen automatically in the ROM during pre-determined times. The next one happens on Christmas day; Details later.
                              thnk for the info.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
                              Quick Announcement:
                              The Togepi event is over, sorry if you missed it but there's is more to come! The next event takes place on Christmas day. It's a one day event that only last's until midnight that night. It's called Golem For The Spring. It's when you get the Golem Ticket which will allow you to travel to Golem Island this Spring. Golem Island is definitely worth it. It's full of tough/rare Pokemon and houses a powerful secret .
                              The second event this month is another one day event entitled Ho-ho Showdown. Details on that will come as the date approaches. That's another worthwhile event.
                              sweet cant wait sounds cool. il be sure to play this soon & not miss anymore events :D
                              __________________

                              POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

                              3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
                                #197    
                              Old December 4th, 2011 (5:57 AM).
                              ChibiVamp's Avatar
                              ChibiVamp ChibiVamp is offline
                              >>RETRO GAMER<<
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2008
                                Location: in your game, stealing your rare pokemon
                                Age: 28
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Rash
                                Posts: 50
                                I've been playing for a few days now and one thing really bugs me is the shading on some of the sprites. the first one I noticed it with is my Quilava. I know it sounds like nit picking, but the shading on it's back just looks off. You could always have used the pallet from the RSE or FrLg games as opposed to just removing some colors. I'm going to try and devamp the Quilava of the 4th gen to try show what I mean and post it along with the one in the game.

                                Other than that, it's a very good hack and quite fun to play. One of the best I've seen so far. Keep up the good work as both me and my wife are waiting for the next installment.
                                __________________
                                  #198    
                                Old December 4th, 2011 (8:53 AM).
                                Lucario Rift's Avatar
                                Lucario Rift Lucario Rift is offline
                                Pokemon Expert
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2011
                                  Location: South Africa
                                  Age: 23
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 9
                                  Hey awesome game just finished the alpha of your game. I cnt wait 4 the update. By the way, when the next update comes will I be able 2 keep my save data frm the alpha version? And which is your latest release also? Thanx in advance.
                                    #199    
                                  Old December 4th, 2011 (9:02 AM).
                                  SilverAbsol SilverAbsol is offline
                                  Absol's Shadow
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2011
                                    Location: Wales
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 86
                                    Really enjoying this game, the beta is brilliant so far. Can't wait for the story to continue so I can climb the tower and see what terror awaits me.

                                    I had to read the entire thread to figue out that I couldn't go any further, I spent a good hour trying to ascend the tower in Oujia Town, haha!
                                      #200    
                                    Old December 4th, 2011 (6:30 PM).
                                    Mikachu's Avatar
                                    Mikachu Mikachu is offline
                                    Veteren Trainer
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2009
                                      Location: Blackthorn City
                                      Age: 20
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Lonely
                                      Posts: 59
                                      At the beginning of the game for the Alpha when ever i exit my house all i get is a black screen but the music continues playing, and ive re-patched the game any ideas on what to do?
                                      __________________

                                      Closed Thread

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:07 AM.